[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

DMC5 Thead: it's time to lower our expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: dmc342.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dmc342.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
Last year we all went into deep depression due to over hyping ourselves. So let's keep it realistic this year, shall we?

- There hasn't been anything on DMC5 since Itsuno announced he will announce his new game this year.
- Capcom is known for their leaks and yet there hasn't been a single leak in the form of a new DMC game.
- Capcom (2017) actually paying for stage time for a traditional Japanese game in today's era seems a bit unrealistic, because it's Crapcom, not Capcom.
- I strongly believe that DMC5 has a 30% chance getting announced at E3 and a 70% chance getting announced at Tokyo Game Show if there's a DMC game in the works
- It is possible that Rival Schools (what Itsuno really wants to make more than anything) has been greenlight.
- There's a DDO x RS colab happening right now with Batsu and Hinta as playable characters

And the worst case; if there is no DMC5 at E3 then there's is a 70% chance that DMC5 isn't planned for Capcom's current F/R with ends next year.

Guys I want it to happen, but E3 is Cinematic Experience as fuck. DMC has a better chance getting revealed on Microsoft's stage nowadays because SONY went full blown cinematic experience last year that they had to put all the Japanese game reveals on hold until PSX.

I'm gonna order Pizza again this year, but I will not be depressed. Fuck that shit, I will not experience that feel again. NEVER EVER!
>>
Hasn't there been some pretty clear hints that it's happening?
>>
File: Hideki Kamiya.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hideki Kamiya.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>379481507
This series is dead. Why not play Bayonetta instead.
>>
>>379481507
Just don't expect anything anon. If it happens then it happens.
>>
>buy a PS4 for Deep Down among other things
>trickle of info dwindles in the past year or two
>Dragon's Dogma online still has no US release
>DMC in limbo
>Megaman dead
>SFV in need of an overhaul
Capcom hates everyone except Resident Evil fans
>>
But he's in Marvel v Capcom

I believe. Though to be fair, anything by Itsuno would be a 10/10.
>>
>I strongly believe that DMC5 has a 30% chance getting announced at E3 and a 70% chance getting announced at Tokyo Game Show if there's a DMC game in the works

Tokyo Game Show is pretty much 100% dead when it comes to games with big international appeal, and DMC was always bigger in the west.
>>
>>379481773
>But he's in Marvel v Capcom
That's like NOT expecting Ryu to be in Street Fighter. It means nothing that he is in Marvel vs Capcom.
>>
>>379481621
Ew. Bayonetta is a good action game but a lot of bad design decisions keep it back from being great. Definitely not a DMC substitute.
>>
>>379481931
Based on all forms of promotion for DMC4SE (which were all Japanese centric) I think TGS is the place for an announcement regardless of sale numbers.
>>
File: is he serious.jpg (16KB, 437x328px) Image search: [Google]
is he serious.jpg
16KB, 437x328px
>>379482138
name 5
>>
>>379481507
If it doesn't happen this year, then I just lose all hope of it ever happening
>>
>>379482140
DMC4SE was also an updated re-release of a 7 year old game.

It was present at E3 on the showfloor but they're not gonna give a game like that any space on the press conferences.
>>
>>379481621
Bayonetta is fugly.
>>
All I need is a teaser for a new metroid and I'm fine. :)
>>
File: 1358018107024.jpg (51KB, 410x478px) Image search: [Google]
1358018107024.jpg
51KB, 410x478px
>There hasn't been anything on DMC5 since Itsuno announced he will announce his new game this year.
Dan Southworth saying "They're bringing us back!" back in late 2015 still makes a seriously strong case. Them doing the acting early 2016 and the game having an announcement at this E3 with an early 2018 release lines up pretty much perfectly.

>Capcom is known for their leaks and yet there hasn't been a single leak in the form of a new DMC game.
Resident Evil 7 went completely leak-less.. People guessed that the Kitchen demo was Resident Evil related but there wasn't a single genuine leak for a game being released half a year later.

>Capcom (2017) actually paying for stage time for a traditional Japanese game in today's era seems a bit unrealistic, because it's Crapcom, not Capcom.
Devil May Cry has always been a very big franchise for Capcom and very popular in the west. If a new DMC is made it will most likely have a darker tone akin to DMC1 to have a stronger western appeal.

>I strongly believe that DMC5 has a 30% chance getting announced at E3 and a 70% chance getting announced at Tokyo Game Show if there's a DMC game in the works.
Possible, but TGS almost gets no big'ish announcements anymore, it's almost all japan-centered these days.

- It is possible that Rival Schools (what Itsuno really wants to make more than anything) has been greenlight.
Rival Schools was deconfirmed by Itsuno himself on his Twitter. Besides that's an incredibly niche franchise I can't see Capcom bringing back soon, if ever.

- There's a DDO x RS colab happening right now with Batsu and Hinta as playable characters.
There's a dedicated team working on DDO constantly at Capcom; but as far as I know Itsuno has almost no involvement at all.
>>
>>379483445
Bayonetta 2 has fucking fantastic graphics fuck off.
>>
>>379481507
I do think it's happening but my expectations for what the game will be like are probably way too high.
>>
>>379481507
But Devil May Cry is more "cinematic experience" than RS or DD, at least in terms of a trailer you could show off on stage.
>>
>>379481772
>except Resident Evil fans
RE7 was Gun Survivor meets Code Veronica meets all of those lame as shit first person Outlast-like horror games, they hate RE fans, too.
>>
>>379485394
Nah, RE7 was a cool albeit flawed game.
>>
File: 1473754198569.jpg (161KB, 557x635px) Image search: [Google]
1473754198569.jpg
161KB, 557x635px
>>379481507
it's like CPCOM hates money
>>
File: 1407424667565.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1407424667565.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
Do we really need to do this every E3 and TGS? I'm kinda burnt out in expecting anything this time
>>
>>379484227
Just to play devil's advocate, Reuben explicitly stated in that Con that he wasn't sure what Capcom wanted from them, and Dan said what he said before the pachinko machine came out (which had new voice lines and mocap), meaning it could have just been for that rather than a new DMC game.
>>
>>379481507
Itsuno said outright that it's not Rival Schools. It's most likely going to be DMC5 and I'm not saying that because I'm delusional, I'd rather have DD2, but DMC hasn't gotten a proper entry in a good couple of years and it's obviously not been forgotten by Capcom because of DMC4:SE. It has to be DMC5 or a new IP and I doubt it's the latter. The only thing I'd ask is whether it will be announced at E3 or later on in the year.
>>
>>379484227
I think now could maybe be a good time to try bringing RS back, if you look back at the first game, the japanese version had that school life/dating simulator on a second disc

So they basically have the Persona formula but with fighting instead of dungeon crawling
>>
>>379485853
None of them did mocap for the pachinko, and Vergil didn't get any new lines at all.
>>
>>379485971
Two of Capcom's last games were SFV and now MVCI, another fighter is unlikely.
>>
>>379486106
I'm not saying it's going to happen, just that if Itsuno really wants to do RS3 now would be the time for pushing that idea
>>
>>379481507
I do not see Rival Schools as a plausible reality considering the current climate of fighting games is hard to compete with Tekken 7, GG XRDRev and now nintendos ARMS being thrown into the mix.
>>
>>379483174
I never thought I would see the announcement of a Nier Sequel at E3 but boy was I wrong.
>>
File: 8083837.jpg (59KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
8083837.jpg
59KB, 300x240px
>Capcom won't bring back Darkstalkers.
>Thinking Rival Schools stands a chance.

It's not happening, it's not even close to being considered.
>>
File: 1465870883743.png (11KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465870883743.png
11KB, 500x500px
>DMC5
just let it go anons
>>
>>379481507
>I strongly believe that DMC5 has a 30% chance getting announced at E3 and a 70% chance getting announced at Tokyo Game Show if there's a DMC game in the works
Are you too young or misinformed to know every single DMC was revealed at an E3 event?

Only one broke the mold, DmC of all things was revealed at a TGS, started with the wrong foot right off the bat.
>>
>>379481773
So is megaman, pal.
>>
>>379488737
As somebody who actually thinks it's happening at E3 every other DMC being announced at E3 doesn't really mean anything. Especially when DmC already broke the rule.

It's simply a logical fallacy.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.