[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lol Diablo 3 eternally BTFO. How will they ever recover?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg?t=1488500343.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1488500343.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
Lol Diablo 3 eternally BTFO. How will they ever recover?
>>
Phoneposters need to fucking die.
>inb4 some retarded reply
I prefer PoE.
>>
>>379476863
>Phoneposters
What did he mean by this
>>
>>379476935
Turn auto capitalization off you memeing fucking child. Also you can't bump your own thread if you were going for that.
>>
>>379476967
Fuck off /poeg/.

i sure love typing like this with no punctuation and capitalization because it's a meme in my terrible general just like scg xd
>>
>>379476697
I've said it when people were struggling to get through Inferno: D3 is to D2 what D2 is to D1 (genre-wise).

There appear to be a lot of nostalgia-ridden faggots who pile D1 and D2 up together. Truth is, these great games belong to different subgenres. Nothing wrong with that. I didn't like how my atmospheric isometric dungeon crawler was butchered, but then I started to like D2 because it scratched a different itch.

Now, D3 is a more arcady, go-with-the-flow, pleasant experience that has little to do with D2. If you realize what it tries to achieve, you might be able to enjoy it for what it is, although it gets old pretty fast. As a sequel, as in, spiritual successor, it fails miserably. Nevertheless, the gameplay feel is something not achieved by many other "ARPG"s, including PoE (see WW vs Cyclone for a great example).

With that in mind, PoE is a proper evolution of D2 ideas. It has become incredibly complex, and while I disagree with the trading and speedclear meta, I still play it. Races are especially fun.
>>
also remember that you can't quote posts and that
>greeners
are subhumans and probably shitcrows LOL
>>
>>379477061
I don't browse /vg/ it's for braindead retards enjoying the circlejerk. Proper grammar is fine but you don't say "Lol" unless your phone auto capitalizes it. Ever. It's a fucking acronym.
>>
>>379476967
I'm posting from my laptop. What the fuck are you on about.
>>
>>379477224
Sure you do, buddy.
>>
>>379477202
You do if it starts the sentence.
>>
>>379477242
Are you schizophrenic? Take your meds. Lol.
>>
>>379477095
I'm playing as a lightning witch and having a blast. Just about done with the first act. When does it get grindy, because the first act I breezed through pretty easily.
>>
>>379477095
>With that in mind, PoE is a proper evolution of D2 ideas.
lel, PoE is what you get when someone plays ffx and Titans Quest and tries to bind them together with some shitty netcode
>>
>>379477276
Look up what an acronym is.

>>379477279
Explain how being schizophrenic would be relevant here. It makes no sense.
>>
poe is shit
3.0.0 is disappointment + more disappointment + more disappointment + more disappointment + increased disappoinment + added disappointment
>>
How do you play PoE without worrying about your build becoming unviable by placing skill points wrong?

I mean, technically that could also happen in D2, but D2 didn't suffocate you with nearly as many options.
>>
>>379477349
You're deluded as shit thinking I'm posting from my phone when I am at this moment typing this post on a laptop.
>>
>>379477440
You don't and then you stop playing.
>>
>>379477445
What does that have to do with schizophrenia?
Are you just throwing words around you don't understand? I'm guessing cuck will be next.
>>
>>379477323
I haven't browsed /poeg/ in 1.5 years but I can accurately identify you as a resident poster.

>>379477317
Enjoy while it lasts, it may get quite challenging, especially if you are playing for the first time, and as a witch no less. Expect a slight dificulty spike when you reach the Tower in Act 3, and then the whole Act 4 can pose some issues.
>>
>>379477349
>There are no universal standards of the multiple names for such abbreviations and of their orthographic styling
Taken from the very fucking opening paragraph on the matter from >Wikipedia

Would you say "laughing out loud Diablo 3 eternally blown the fuck out"? as a complete sentence. No you fucking wouldn't. You'd capitalize the 'Laughing'. You'd also capitalize it as 'Lol' because it starts the sentence.
>>
>>379477494
Doesn't matter, because guess what? I was never posting from my phone. Cuck.
>>
>>379477440
self made builds will be in 99% of cases "unviable"
poe is a game balanced around "abuse" of certain broken ingame mechanics, stacking them on top of each other. If your build doesnt utilize them - your build is unviable, but you won't notice it untill you hit a wall in maps. Certain builds can still be salvaged by drowning them in currency
>>
File: whichone.jpg (50KB, 380x318px) Image search: [Google]
whichone.jpg
50KB, 380x318px
>>379476697
They don't anymore.
I actually got into closed beta, when D3 was about to launch and damn everyone was so hyped like it was no tomorrow. Then it launched... kinda.
Then PoE went into open beta and kripp started to stream it. Everything else is history.
Only complain for PoE is that if you don't own SSD even minor patches can took you awhile to install. Besides that, PoE shits on D3 on every other department.
>>
>>379477526
Keep reading kid, not just the opening sentence. You can click the blue thingie where it says orthographic styling, it's a link.

>>379477551
Sure you weren't. You are just braindead by default. I guess that's better?
>>
>>379476697
When will the fucking PoE developers finally make the combat not feel like trash? Nothing feels like it has impact in this game
>>
>>379477627
>poe is a game balanced around "abuse" of certain broken ingame mechanics, stacking them on top of each other

This... doesn't seem convincing as fun to play. I'm all for a game rewarding mastery, but that seems really blunt.
>>
>>379477663
You've brought nothing to the table save for our own misinformed opinion so there's not much reason to bother, 'kid'.
>>
>>379477648
Do you copy paste this in every PoE thread or am I imagining it?
>>
>>379476697
20 million in sales. I think blizzard will be fine.
>>
>>379477663
Still on my laptop retard.

Lol
>>
>>379477648
>and kripp started to stream it
Look, I like(d) Kripp, he was a rare type of a no-bullshit streamer (don't know what he's up to now). And yes, he did attract some additional audience. But the key event was the Steam release, the impact of Kripp is overstated. Hell, even now, after all those years, people find excuses (not necessarily inadequate ones) to not play PoE, it is naive to assume that thousands rushed in PoE after Kripp started streaming. I had a trade chat script back then and the activity increase was marginal (but noticeable).
>>
>>379477061
>visit /poeg/ some time ago
>they talk to each other without replying using a post number so you have to read the entire fucking thread to make sense what's being talked about
is that a common thing or did it just happen when I visited?
man, /vg/ local memes and customs sure can be retarded
>>
>>379477682
ARPG is not about combat and yet poe combat is better cuz you oneshot things and things do high damage to you instead of fucking 1h brawls with every enemy stack in diablo
>>
>>379477714
Ah, so you did read further and have nothing to say anymore. That's cute.
What kind of discussion do you expect in a shitposting thread started by a 14 year old meme spouting moron who is trying to "bait" D3 players on a board that hasn't had a single positive thing to say about the game since its release?
I'd tell you along with the OP to lurk more but obviously both of you have brain problems.
>>
Even if he was posting from his phone, why would it matter?
>>
>playing p2w shit with no content
>>
>>379477902
>ARPG is not about combat
holy shit kill yourself
I love diablo 2 but I almost wish it didn't exist because it doomed every game after it to be an autistic grindan simulator
>>
>>379477931
No, I'm just busy working and you're wasting my time by being a literal retard.
>>
>>379477942
People who are too retarded to turn off auto capitalization are not fit to live.

>>379477970
>i-i'ts not like I'm paying attention to you
That's hella tsundere of you, kid.
>>
>>379478000
What's wrong with auto capitalization?
>>
File: 1494401282479.png (834KB, 645x835px) Image search: [Google]
1494401282479.png
834KB, 645x835px
Imagine if blizzard pulls its shit together and makes a dark, spooky diablo 4 with deep character building and even better combat than diablo 3. Wouldn't that be nice?
>>
>>379478000
Must feel amazing being 18 and feeling really old and like a real adult, doesn't it, anon? All these kids posting here with you lmoa

I'm not going to waste time gathering information for you that you could find by Googling.
>>
>>379477696
thats the major complaint from the poe community itself. The game got stale, the devs cornered themselves in terms of development and balancing
the 3.0.0 update that people had high hopes for "fixing" the game, only fixed some relatively minor stuff, leaving the core problems untouched, or making them even worse
>>
File: how do i order tickets online.png (11KB, 618x159px) Image search: [Google]
how do i order tickets online.png
11KB, 618x159px
>>379478000
Why would anyone ever need to?

Are you implying samefag, because I am honestly just a curious third party
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.jpg (286KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.jpg
286KB, 1280x720px
>this is the average PoE player
Hmmmmmmm
>>
>>379478037
You post shit like "Lol" or capitalizing a sentence without actually ending it
Looks retarded
Roflmao

>>379478082
But you already opened the wiki page, I even told you to click the link that's in the first sentence you actually read. Don't be a pussy, you're a real nigga. Read that shit.
>>
>>379478103
>the 3.0.0 update that people had high hopes for "fixing" the game, only fixed some relatively minor stuff, leaving the core problems untouched, or making them even worse
Details?
>>
>>379478127
What? I replied separately.
>>
>>379478134
Considering you're in the wrong here, I'd urge you to go find whatever you can scrape together to try and prove yourself right.

Surely they taught that in high school big boy.
>>
>>379477885
They don't anymore.
I actually got into closed beta, when D3 was about to launch and damn everyone was so hyped like it was no tomorrow. Then it launched... kinda.
Then PoE went into open beta, kripp started to stream it, even though activity increase was marginal, but game ended up launching on Steam. Everything else is history.
Only complain for PoE is that if you don't own SSD even minor patches can took you awhile to install. Besides that, PoE shits on D3 on every other department.
>>
>>379477890
I assume they do it precisely of this.
It wards off the retards and casuals so they can keep rotting in their trash-heap.
Pretty effective method desu
>>
>>379477949
>I love diablo 2 but I almost wish it didn't exist because it doomed every game after it to be an autistic grindan simulator

Then don't fucking play it like that. Rushing to Baal and doing Baalruns all day long is not the only viable way to play.
>>
>>379478197
>It wards off the retards
from leaving?
>>
>>379478134
My mistake, you aren't schizophrenic, you are autistic. Lol.
>>
>>379478191
I just told you, read the wiki page you like so much. That's all.

>>379478239
That makes more sense.
>>
One has to wonder why, after all these years, fags like OP still feel the need to compare PoE to D3.

Maybe its because as time passes, PoE is growing ever closer to copying D3?
>>
>>379478221
every game AFTER it

I don't play d2 like that, it's a great game, but the structure has definitive flaws which were copied and sometimes exacerbated by games following in their footsteps
>>
>>379478187
Oh I thought your answer was some sarcastic jab or some shit. I'm sleepy ok
>>
>>379477696
>This... doesn't seem convincing as fun to play.

Well that guy is not really wrong but not really right either.

Most of the game (maps) up to tier 10 can easily beaten by most somewhat not retarded builds. Then it starts to get slightly challenging. The T16 bosses (guardians), the endboss (Shaper) and Uber.Atziri on the other hand need a functioning build with enough damage. But they arent so impossible that you need the most broken shit (double dipping shit, path of flaskfinder etc.) to beat them.

tl;dr a somewhat scalable skill and and somewhat good build and gear behind it can beat the game just fine.
>>
>>379478078

Why would I willingly set myself up for disappointment?

Give up on Blizzard mate
>>
>>379478294
It's the only way they get any attention because nobody gives a shit about PoE.
>>
>>379478294
As time passes people realize how shit D3 is and how superior PoE is. It's hilarious!
>>
>>379476697
Was hasn't any action RPG after Diablo 2 been able to get minions right? Don't get me wrong, Spectres let you have a lot of variety, but managing them is absolutely shit. Just give me some sort of permanent ranged minion, please.
>>
>>379478128
No, that's the average cunt who feels he really needs to show the world on youtube how to play games.

The average player simply plays the game.
>>
>>379478232
Obviously works both ways with you shitposting on /v/ instead of /vg/
:^)
>>
>>379478349
b-b-but
>>
>>379478294
The combat and netcode has been improving since the closed beta but its still got a long way to go before its anywhere close to diablo 3
>>
>>379478171
from /vg/
>i dont understand
>they implemented a lot of new mechanics with new active skills, that could have been utilized as support gems
>like instead of blade vortex we could have a support gem that launches projectiles in a spiral around you
>or earthquake would just be a shockwave effect for any melee skill, maybe even something more advanced like earthquake + glacial hamer = ice crash
>it doesn't take a genius to think of something like that
>but nooooo, the game just had to end up like "pick the most efficient baseline skill, slap more damage on top of it",
>we already have lots of support gems that are unused because more damage > utility, lets introduce some MORE more damage supports.

all builds are samey and are pigeonholed into abusing more multiplier stacking
due to that - skill gem linking system is ruined, because you don't want to link anything other than more damage
also, crafting system is just gambling
and trading is still pain in the ass
>>
The only thing that bugs me about PoE is that it REALLY needs and SSD. Most of my deaths before i had an SSD were stuttering/lag when the game loads assets and or areas not loading at all .
>>
>>379478532
>skill gem linking system is ruined, because you don't want to link anything other than more damage
What else would you link? That's the point of links, two different skill gems do nothing.
>>
>>379478532
But isn't that from before 3.0?
>>
Wait why are people talking about 3.0, i thought we were on 2.6
>>
>>379478605
the point of links, initially, was to make your own custom skill, tweak the way it works, blablabla

if everyone ends up just slapping dmg, you might as well remove the linking system and all supports, and just make active gems scale better with levels, with pretty much no difference in gameplay whatsoever

>>379478635
poe beta 3.0.0 launched 12 hours ago
>>
>>379478605
Probably referring to the distinction between "more" damage (multiplicative) and "increased" damage (additive). Been a while since I've played, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
>>
>>379478532

Some gems really need fixing(e.g. chaining and fork vs. pierce support) but think about this: the best defense in poe is more damage not some utility bullshit where enemies may or may not be immune against.
>>
>>379478780
>poe beta 3.0.0 launched 12 hours ago
yeah but bladevortex and EQ was from earlier

or do you mean that they still didn't fix those issues?
>>
>>379478843
>bullshit where enemies may or may not be immune against.

Eg. freezing is awesome in maps but most of the endgame bosses are freeze/chill immune. So why would anyone build around that?
>>
>>379476697
any new intersting content (exept the 6 FUCKING ACTS) like characters or gem ?
>>
>>379478934
the "issues" aren't really issues from their ( and probably many players' ) point of view
its 'okay' to have a skill that outclasses other skills in similar category.

overall, it's not all that bad, the game is still fun and playable, 3.0.0 brought some new stuff. It's just mildly saddening to observe multiple instances of lost potential in so many places
>>
do they plan to tone down character power a fucking bit? the fact that you can clear areas of mobs with a single shot from like 2 screens away in gear that isn't even that crazy is pretty retarded
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.