[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /v/ ever hyped a game up to the point that it urged you to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 18

File: nier-automata.jpg (149KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nier-automata.jpg
149KB, 1280x720px
Did /v/ ever hyped a game up to the point that it urged you to play it and you found it incredible mediocre?

Pic related for me. Female is hot and music is good, but goddamn, gameplay is fucking garbage.
>>
File: sly frogs.png (57KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sly frogs.png
57KB, 500x281px
>when a brainlet plays nier
>>
>>379475675
Yeah the Atelier series is the most boring thing I've ever played. I can't believe people here let alone anywhere like it.
>>
You must not play a lot of games if you think Nier's combat is "garbage".
>>
>>379475675
I guess CS:GO is more up your alley.
>>
>>379475843
Frogposter aside you're correct. I just want these to stop, happens every time, especially when something gets relesaed on pc. I could go the rest of the year without Nier threads.
>>
>>379475675
>Did /v/ ever hyped a game up to the point that it urged you to play it

That is always a mistake, you shouldn't let the opinions of others skew your own perceptions of a game. In any case you clearly haven't finished the game and are probably a pleb.
>>
>>379475965
What is this supposed to mean. What does CS:GO have to do with anything OP posted?
They aren't even in the same genre.
>>
A great soundtrack can salvage any game, but maybe that's just me

Overall I would say it was a good game, but I definitely feel ripped off for the amount of content for the price. There is no way I could ever recommend justifying purchasing this game for full price
>>
>>379475953
Other games having worse combat doesn't magically make this game's combat good. This game has zero to offer the player in terms of interesting fighting mechanics.
>>
File: Confusion.jpg (29KB, 416x400px) Image search: [Google]
Confusion.jpg
29KB, 416x400px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0wC1vVHpnGq
>>
>>379476181
maybe if you're dumb and have no creativity
>>
File: God-Hand-Game[1].jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
God-Hand-Game[1].jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>379476105
>A great soundtrack can salvage any game, but maybe that's just me

This is literally all of /v/. If you take any game /v/ likes there's a very good chance it plays like ass but has nice music. This chances increases dramatically if the game is Japanese.
>>
>>379476054
Anons think playing Automata makes them intellectuals just because of the existential themes.

When the truth is its just an ok tier ARPG with a choppy story. Its not worth more than $30

T. Bought it at launch
>>
>>379476289

I can't remember a single song from Deus Ex, and VTMB's most memorable song is memorable for being terrible.
>>
Loved the combat in Automata. A lot of variety with chips, blocking and dodging have a great feel to them, heavy attacks send enemies flying. Enjoyed every bit of it.
>>
>>379476343
You're entitled to your opinion, but your opinion is wrong.
>>
File: 1496573665935.jpg (34KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1496573665935.jpg
34KB, 500x407px
>>379476437
And your opinion dosent matter.
>>
>>379476343

Its okay if you don't understand it.
>>
>>379476105
>unironically listening to vidya music
Just buy an album ef0gjsiofghfoaskaus'w
>>
>>379476181
>wire
>slow
>gravity
>two sets of two weapons each
Only if you really, really hate putting in more effort than mashing dodge and strong attack.
>>
>>379476523
>intentionally narrowing your horizons
>>
>>379476374
>and VTMB's most memorable song is memorable for being terrible
I don't know man, I really loved ISOLATION
>>
>>379475675
is they condensed the experience in a single 10-12 hrs playthrough It'd be much better.
Too bad taro is a meme director and doesnt want to move on from his formula
>>
>>379476343
Yes but what does this have to do with CS:GO?
I'm still fucking lost on what a multiplayer shooter has to do with how deep Nier is.
>>
>>379475843

Fuck off. It took forever to get to the first checkpoint so I had to restart that garbage ass bullet hell sequence at the start like five times.

Then you get to the world and it's empty and boring. Big fucking deal
>>
File: 1496801811037.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496801811037.gif
3MB, 320x240px
In like 10 miutes some teenager is going to talk about how Automata "redefines the medium" or some ignorant bullshit like that.
>>
Automata has redefined the medium.
>>
>>379476637
This isn't kotaku.
>>
>>379476624

I'm not even good at bullet hell and I didn't have my first death til the opera robot.
>>
>>379476507

There is honestly nothing to understand in the game. Much like in the original Nier, it's a very, very basic anime plot layered in superfluous grim aesthetics.
Sadly, too, as I was honestly hoping for more in both games' cases.
I knew Automata was going to be on this trend, but the original Nier falls into this thread's category for me.
/v/ and so many other places overhyped the hell out of me with the game, and it turns out it was just... a basic ARPG with a basic anime storyline, full of horrifyingly cringey "YOU MUST LIVE BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP!" screaming-right-before-death moment.
Seriously, even Weiss gets one of those and nobody in the party even gives a shit about him, what the hell.
>>
>>379476726
The first Nier at least didnt pretend to be more than what it was, and was much more entertaining.
>>
>>379475843
>If you don't like a game for it's gameplay that's admitted to mediocre by nearly everyone you are a brainlet

Back to /a/. A story cannot carry a game especially when that story is fucking terribly written and people only gush over the later half.
>>
>>379476726

This guy gets it. There's a reason The Last of Us is considered the pinnacle of video game storytelling. It's a realistic setting with flawed characters. Unmatched by any game, especially some faggot weeb soap opera about feelings or whatever
>>
>>379476804
Not bad/10
>>
>>379476802
>that's admitted to mediocre by nearly everyone

lol, who's everyone? People love it for its gameplay and ass shots. Don't throw lies around just because you're too dumb to play through it
>>
>>379476726
You should have learned by now to never listen to /v/ about anything, especially when the game includes blatant fapbait.
>>
>>379476804
Last of Us felt like it was written by someone competent. The pacing and dialogue are far better than either Nier game.
>>
>>379476846
I wouldn't go as as to say TLoU is the pinacle of storytelling, but it's much better than Automata.
>>
>>379476726
>full of horrifyingly cringey "YOU MUST LIVE BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP!" screaming-right-before-death moment.

Did you play the game?
>>
>>379476929
I took it as bait mixed with truth. Last of Us is literally just Western Nier, but I prefer Nier overall.
>>
>>379476884
>People love it for its gameplay

Lmao, why are you lying? Even superfans will admit it's only "Yoko Taro's best" and that it certainly isn't as good as other hack n slash or action/adventure games.
>>
>>379476929
Hahaha
No. It's a stretched out movie with gameplay that is unchanged from the first 15 minutes of the game to the very end.
>>
>>379476907

Nier was the one to bring that eye opening section for me, yes.
I still dig the setting. I even liked the original Drakengard. To a degree. Certainly not due to the gameplay, anyways.
But Nier was just a very, "That's it? That's all it was?" moment in my gaming life. Specially after I had to wait so long to play it as I didn't have a PS3 for the longest time.
>>
>>379476994

Do you think Yoko Taro directs the gameplay? Are you really this stupid?

It takes parts of Bayo and MGR to make a fun game with its action. Platinum does this, not Taro. Get some perspective or go back to Skyrim
>>
File: 1463163037323.jpg (16KB, 460x321px) Image search: [Google]
1463163037323.jpg
16KB, 460x321px
>>379476726
>/v/ and so many other places overhyped the hell out of me with the game, and it turns out it was just... a basic ARPG with a basic anime storyline, full of horrifyingly cringey "YOU MUST LIVE BECAUSE FRIENDSHIP!" screaming-right-before-death moment.
Why do people continue posting bait that destroys their entire post.
>>
>>379477040
I felt that way for Automata but I liked Nier 1 alot

But youre my nigga for Drakengard 1, thats unironically my favorite Taro game. It just does what it wants without getting so full of itself.
>>
What really gets me is the terrible fanbase of this game, like what this thread shows.

Even glaring at it wrong gets you the full autistic ramble of Taroshill fanboys saying "you just don't get it" or "you need to play it 20 hours to get good" and it all else fails resorting to insults like children.

Haven't seen something this bad since Soulsborne and Undertale.
>>
>>379476969

https://youtu.be/nQAQuiugMB4?t=121

I have. Have you?
>>
>>379477141
>you just don't get it
Obviously.
>you need to play it 20 hours to get good
Nope.
>>
>>379477141
All the oldschool Tarofags know whats up, the people making exucses for Automata watched all the games on youtube last month and pretend to be super fans.

Lorefags are the worst of them all.
>>
>>379477141

What's better is the pathetic arrogance in thinking you being the naysayer for an already criminally ignored game will earn you some sort of superiority over people you don't care about.
>>
>>379477081
Nier:A is plays worse than Korra and Korra is one of Platinum's worst games. Taro most definitely directs the gameplay, it's always been part of his narrative or at least he claims so in interviews. Platinum would never put boring ass fetch quests you can fuck up by jumping unless told to do so.
>>
>>379477152

This is an Automata thread.
>>
>>379477227
Taro didnt direct the gameplay, Platinum just took the first games design and copypasted it into Automata with very few improvements.

They went out of their way to say it was going to "feel like a Nier game" so thats what we got
>>
I love that threads like this one are like containment for all shitposting degenerates and contrarians at once while the rest of the world enjoys the fuck out of the game.
>>
>>379476105
>ripped off for the amount of content for the price

$60 for a 40 hour long game isn't enough?
>>
>>379477141
>"you need to play it 20 hours to get good"
What's wrong about that argument? Route C is about 10h long and that's where the entire pay-off happens.
>>
>>379477278

So basically you had no idea of what you were replying to in the conversation.
>>
>>379477227

>worse than Korra

Yeah, that's not true. The variety in its action section alone puts it above just about most of Platinum's games. Customizing your playstyle with varying weapons and chips always makes fighting mobs fun to see how your new setup will do.

Taro does not direct anything outside of scenario writing. Platinum make the rest to fit the script.
>>
>>379477227
>Platinum would never put boring ass fetch quests you can fuck up by jumping
Wrong game
>Nier:A is plays worse than Korra
Literally incorrect
>is plays
Losing composure?
>>
>>379475675
Yep, Vanquish. Another platinum game, what a coincidence
>>
>>379477370
Good games dont take 20 hours to be good. Ironically youre just talking about the story, so that says even more about this "game".
>>
>>379477370
>the ending is an emotionally charged part of the game
Yeah no shit. Doesn't mean the first route is any way bad.
>>
>Open world is abysmal
>Gameplay is the worst Platinum has ever done since Ninja Turtles or Korra
>Characters are awfully written (b-but 9s goes LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOR, so amazing!)
>Story is lackluster coupled with shitty anime cliches from your Saturday morning shonen of the weak trash.
>"B-but 2BRAAAAAAAAAAP"

Biggest ruse cruise /v/ has ever done.
>>
>>379477392

You've literally been replying to me the whole time, this post chain is nothing but you and me.
>>
File: 1496667327678.jpg (1MB, 4602x3852px) Image search: [Google]
1496667327678.jpg
1MB, 4602x3852px
>tfw you enjoyed Automata but you're too smart to pretend its well written

Gameplay was lacking too.
>>
>>379477491

>IP doesn't change

Wow, who could be behind this post?
>>
>>379477437
Of course I'm talking about the story, the entire argument "It gets good after 20h" is based on story alone or did you think the game suddenly changes it's entire gameplay 20h in?

>so that says even more about this "game".
Yeah exactly, literally no one plays these Games for the gameplay. Drakengard 1 had awful and tedious gameplay yet people love it for entirely different reasons, Drakengard 2 was an improvement but still not good, same goes for Nier which was an improvement and Nier: Automata too (which has the best gameplay of all Taro Games). Seems like you made the mistake of expecting Bayonetta/MGR out of it.
>>
>>379477492

And yet you clearly are not understanding, still, that I was speaking of the original Nier and not Automata. Which has a whole other set of different cliche anime writting issues, but that in particular avoids.
>>
No Switch version, don't care
>>
>calling something poorly written makes me smart: the thread
>>
>>379475675
>Guild Wars 2
Looking back all the warning signs were there hell I even ignored the underwhelming closed beta and convinced myself the full game would be better. Destroyed my love of gaming for a while that did
>>
>>379477585
Play good games like RE4, the story is cheesy bullshit but the gameplay constantly evolves and challenges the player, whereas in Nier Automata you can cheese the rest of the game by simply doing most sidequests in the first route. It has piss poor design and balance, so that's already half the game gone into the shitter.

>Yeah exactly, literally no one plays these Games for the gameplay.

And this is where you fuck up even more, if the story is so important then why even make it a game? Not to mention, both Nier and Drakengard 1 had infinitely better stories that didnt waste your time, they were on their shit from the first few hours. Meanwhile Automata takes 20 hours to "pay off" and its not even the whole fucking story, the rest is in stupid side materials.

Nier 1 has this same problem, but its nowhere near as bad as Automata and Drakengard 3 Fuck off with these endless excuses.

>ITT we realize Taro should just quit videogames and make visual novels since he dosent care to actual design his games
>>
>>379475675
This.
>Nonstop shilling on /v/ from the nu-vapemen Nier betas.
>Look at gameplay videos -- looks good.
>Preorder.
>Demo comes out.
>Get pumped to try the demo.
>Beat it, but feel completely underwhelmed... I must be playing it wrong.
>Beat it repeatedly in every difficulty, but something is wrong.
>Bland as fuck atmosphere, bland as fuck weeb characters, enemies.
>Start to realize the gameplay is fucked up -- Toobie will do aerial into follow ups while mashing light attack, and her dodge is much more broken than even Bayo's dodge or a fucking Dank Souls roll and feels sloppy as hell.
>Literally one of the worst action game ever made, strictly worse than any DMC (including DmC), Bayonetta, NG, Revengence, GoW, Lords of Shadow, Heavenly Sword, Dante's Inferno, etc.
>Pure garbage-tier butchered gameplay, on par with Lords of Shadow 2, NG Yaiba, X-Blades, etc.
>Immediately cancel pre-order.
Thank fucking god for demos. Never fall for the /v/ nu-vapemen hypemen.
>>
>>379476289
motherfucker i know you're not saying godhand plays like ass you better not be saying that shit
>>
File: 1299006383930.jpg (38KB, 785x590px) Image search: [Google]
1299006383930.jpg
38KB, 785x590px
>>379477491
this the game was fucking awful.
>>
>>379477723
>i am unable to accept the flaws of the things I enjoy and must belittle the people that point them out: the post

I wish you people would grow some balls so you'd be able to discuss shit like adults.
I loved Drakengard - it was a piece of shit in gameplay.
Nier:A had terrible, abysmal writting. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game. But good lord you can't look past the intro without seeing some stupid-ass anime trope. This isn't good characterization. It's weeb bait.

"No feeling allowed."
"U-Uwahhhhh~!"

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>379477745
>And this is where you fuck up even more, if the story is so important then why even make it a game

Because the story is structured in a way that only a video game could tell it.

Quit being a thick faggot, and making shit up. You get the entirety of the story in its routes and endings. Anything on the side is regarded as just omake.
>>
File: Kage_d6bcbe_340471.jpg (107KB, 692x659px) Image search: [Google]
Kage_d6bcbe_340471.jpg
107KB, 692x659px
And another cronie from the small circle of fags make another thread about how much they hate goty.

They'll be doing this for years.
>>
>>379477860
>Because the story is structured in a way that only a video game could tell it.
Visual Novels have been doing things that way since forever and a day, get real.
>>
>tfw plated Nier: A before hype because I liked the concept
>enjoyed it free of hype colouring my judgements

Feels good
>>
>>379477856

It's funny how you'll immediately dismiss something because you don't like the way it looks. How Chad of you.
>>
>>379477903
GOTY is Frozen Synapse 2
>>
>>379477914
Same here.

Getting to see /v/ turn into contrarian faggots in real time is a real treat.
>>
>>379477745
> they were on their shit from the first few hours
Yeah no, except when you needed to finish Nier multiple times (Nier Automata is way less tedious than it) to even grasp the entire story.

Let's not forget Grimoire Nier here.
>>
>>379477903
>GOTY
>in the year where Persona 5, BoTW and Nioh exist

lmao
>>
>>379477976
>Persona 5
>2017
Fuck off retard
>>
>>379477906

Its gameplay is part of the experiences. VNs are choose your own adventure games. 2B is a combat android, so you fight, 9S is a data collector, so he hacks, A2 is an experimental android so she has primitive abilities unique only to her.

Shifting perspectives on the fly while changing game genres is the core of this game. VNs can go far, but this story was written for this game. It's exactly why it plays the way it does.
>>
>>379477914
same. so glad i finished everything before pcshitters bait for you's on /v/
>>
>>379477973
I already said Nier 1 has the same problem, but you can get exactly what the game is trying to say after Route B, C/D are pretty much irrelevant.

Automata makes you plod your way through A/B to get details that couldve been handled in literally 3 hours, then it decides to ramp things up 20 hours later and the pay off is not that great. The only real saving grace is Ending E, but only under certain conditions.

Overall, Drakengard 1 is the better package than both games, its not bogged down in loreshit
>>
>>379477976
>BoTW

I bought a Switch for this, but it's nowhere near GOTY. It's a solid game, but it's too barren in a lot of areas for it to get the praise it's receiving. I get that it's incredible when compared to the last few games, but that's no excuse to hype it like it's the second coming of open world games
>>
File: eprsona.jpg (41KB, 298x480px) Image search: [Google]
eprsona.jpg
41KB, 298x480px
>>379478028
>>
>>379478036
>It's exactly why it plays the way it does.

The problem is that it dosent play nearly as well as it could have. I can forgive the button mashy combat but the poorly utilized open world and the ultimately pointless stats/leveling limit this game badly, the same with Nier 1.

If they went full Ninja Gaiden where the enemies were all viable threats and you didnt have to piss around with 100 upgrades that could easily break the game, they would have been going places.

I can forgive the story more than that, honestly.
>>
>>379478093
I played Nier and P5 after BOTW, and those two games made it INCREDIBLY difficult for me to consider BOTW my GOTY.

BOTW has too many flaws, many of which are born from the open world setup it has now in addition to jettisoning the strengths the series was known for.
>>
>>379478063

Nier Automata makes you earn what comes after Route B. Having a B-game scenario for 9S was already fun enough for me since I actually remember RE2 doing the same thing.

Everything after feels great because I actually enjoyed everything I'd played before it, and seeing it unfold into something completely new was great.

If you have to (((force))) yourself through a game, then give it up
>>
>>379478116
>JP 2016
Why post proof against you.
>>
>>379478194
>Nier Automata makes you earn what comes after Route B

Does it? I ploughed through everything since I was completely overleveled from doing the sidequests.
>>
>>379475675
Exactly how it went for me too, except for the fact that I also dislike the character design and the music is hot garbage.
>>
>>379478224
>anybody cares about jp for goty

lmao
>>
>>379478139
>they would have been going places.
They wouldn't. Just look at Darksiders. Open-World + Character Action Game combat doesn't work together.
>>
>>379478194
>Nier Automata makes you earn what comes after Route B

Ah yes, Master Taro's Existentialism for Dummies, one could not wish for anything greater.
>>
I'm liking it a lot more when replaying it but I hated it on my first run. I still think the gameplay is mediocre at best, the open world is absolute garbage, quests are 90% boring shlock, the story feels meaningless, is full of inconsistencies and 9S is the only character that actually has character in the entire game. I'm currently writing a critique script that I hope to make into a youtube video and start doing stuff like that more often, but I am infact enjoying it a bit more than my first run.
>>
>>379478261

How are these supposedly new posts coming in with the IP count staying the same?
>>
>>379478395
> is full of inconsistencies
Like which, every time someone comes up with those they either didn't pay attention or ignore Intels.
>>
>>379478351
Darksider's issues are just in its base gameplay mechanics, its actual structure is fine.
>>
File: 1465428634436.jpg (14KB, 174x228px) Image search: [Google]
1465428634436.jpg
14KB, 174x228px
>>379478261
I'm sorry son but at this point you just have bad taste.
>>
>>379478445
>Reddit
>knowing how the extension works
They would continue samefagging even if they had ID's
>>
>>379478417
>I'm currently writing a critique script that I hope to make into a youtube video and start doing stuff like that more often

damn son, make sure and post it when it goes live. I can't wait to hear the mouth breathing hot takes
>>
>>379475843
>brainlet
Any 15 year old shitter with half a year in Introductory Philosophy can completely understand Automata
>>
>>379478621
He's calling you a brainlet because you are a dumb faggot that actually thinks these themes are what the game is about.
>>
>>379478680
What themes? Please tell me what themes I mentioned
>>
>>379478512
Whatever, the music just annoys me and in comparison to the game that made me want to play the new platinum hack and slash it just seems extremely lackluster.
>>
>>379478680
Oh, you're that guy.
>>
>>379478702
>Introductory Philosophy can completely understand Automata
You are indirectly referring to themes such as existentialism that are in the game
>>
>>379478538
>damn son, make sure and post it when it goes live. I can't wait to hear the mouth breathing hot takes
No need to be so salty anon
>>
>>379478741
Yes, existencialism is in the game, where I did I say it was the focus?
>>
>>379478810

You can at least try to spell it right
>>
>>379478810
You are making it the focus by thinking that anon was calling people brainlets for not understanding it.
>>
>>379478868
This convo would get much less retarded if you just said what you think the game is about in comparison.
>>
File: Best Booty.gif (1MB, 370x446px) Image search: [Google]
Best Booty.gif
1MB, 370x446px
>all these faggots in this thread that don't understand why Nier:Automata is GotY
>>
>>379478868
You must be retarded, because I was implying the opposite. Frogshitter acted like Automata was deep when it's directed at teenagers that just recently learned about Philosophy
>>
>>379478945
Everyone knows the ass is what got a million sales. But there's still the rest of the game to talk about.
>>
It's not just /v/ that hyped it, but Ico was hot garbage.
Never played SotC, it does look much better but I can't fathom how anyone could call it a masterpiece.
>>
>>379478945
Why buy a game when sfm/blender porn is way better? SFM/Blender Lara >>>>>>> 2shit
>>
File: Noice.jpg (67KB, 700x542px) Image search: [Google]
Noice.jpg
67KB, 700x542px
>>379479001
>50 gb of pure, undilluted, shiny ass-polygons
>rest of the game
>implying
>>
>>379479115
I'm too smart for 2D
>>
The story wasnt that good, and the twist wasn't mindblowing either

The credits sequence was neat tho
>>
File: 1479388139979.jpg (38KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1479388139979.jpg
38KB, 413x395px
>>379475675
>mfw people payed $60 for this hot garbage.
Feels good not being a faggot.
>>
PC ucks having not played the first game (yet pretend they did) because it was on a console and the protagonists weren't kawaii uguu garbage (at least for the English release) thought you were supposed to genuinely praise the series when the fanbase at best loved the games but at least recognised all of their faults, and it became a contest of who can fawn the most over this revolutionary experience that the first game totally didn't do, lusting after 2B's arse and spouting shitty memes from the game. It's one of the biggest cases of newfags jumping into a series and ruining everything that I've ever seen and completely sucked the humility out of what was once a measured fanbase. Everyone got beyond pretentious about it and it pissed me right the fuck off.

Only now that the PC kiddies have fucked off onto their next Ritalin can we actually talk about the games again.
>>
>>379475675
While I enjoyed Nier Automato good lord people here were treating it like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>379480094
>Everyone got beyond pretentious about it and it pissed me right the fuck off.

Are you mad at yourself?
>>
File: 1493130190044.png (1MB, 886x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1493130190044.png
1MB, 886x1253px
>Hyperbole bitching: the thread

Literally every single bitching post in this and every other Automata thread is and will be: Its not the perfect picture every single organism in this and alternate universes painted.

No, its not the best thing since sliced bread but it sure as fuck is one of the best games this year offers and that's exactly what people are saying. Whoever is telling you otherwise is a memer and whoever is honestly comparing its battle to DMC and hell, even other platinum titles with similar battle is a plain retard.

The game is flawed. Nice, move along now because whoever enjoys it knows why he does so. Lastly if you're getting triggered by ass/brap shitposters and feel this is the only thing the game offers: get memed some more autismo and don't play it. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>379476637
>>379476659
I CAN SELL A BOTTLECAP LIKE DIS
>>
>>379481148
This game is 5/10 tops
>>
File: 1496017188705.png (132KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496017188705.png
132KB, 240x320px
>/v/ was the one to convince me to get the first Nier
>flawed game but I enjoyed it

>don't listen to anyone about Automata because I wanted to get it no matter what
>high expectations because Platinum making sequel of a game I enjoyed
>turns out to be mediocre in almost every aspect except for ass and music
>>
>>379481520
ok
>>
>>379481538
Basically, it's all fault of your expectations.
>>
>>379475843
fpbp
>>
>>379476181
Except a ton of weapon combos with distinct attacks with each one, a pretty decent combo system and an extensive, unique character upgrade system. As for opinion the combat is pretty satisfying in itself.

It offers more than 99% of popular games released in the past year or 5.
>>
>>379476994
Source: your ass
>>
>>379477723
it's a new buzzword here
>>
Am I playing this game wrong? I'm at the start of C and fighting Hegle with A2 and I feel like my usual technique of just attacking and dodging hasn't been working this whole chapter, the infected Yorha units were a total fucking slog.

I'm at level 45 so I'm not sure if I'm underleveled, but as soon as the clusterfuck of lasers starts I'm constantly using heals because I can't see how I'm meant to attack the balls and dodge about 12 different sections of the boss firing in random directions at the same time.

The combat in this game hasn't felt right the entire time, I'm just not sure if it's me or the game, or both. I've never felt this way about any other platinum games, for what it's worth.
>>
>>379485771
Hegel is just a shit boss
Also the feedback when hitting enemies isn't the greatest so it can feel floaty at times
>>
>>379475675
There was a fucking demo. You're a dumbass.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.