[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one that wants the 4th Ape Escape?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

File: dbb.jpg (747KB, 854x961px) Image search: [Google]
dbb.jpg
747KB, 854x961px
Am I the only one that wants the 4th Ape Escape?
>>
>Am I the only one
Kill yourself.
>>
LITERALLY SONY'S METROID.
FUCK CRASH, RATCHET, BLOODBORNE, UNCHARTED, NIOH, NIER, PERSONA, YAKUZA AND HORIZON.
>>
>inb4 Ape Escape pachinko
>>
>>379474854
nigga, there are threads like this every day.
>>
>>379478025
not enough
>>
I missed out on all of these for whatever reason. Would they be worth going back to? How well do they hold up?
>>
Ape Escape is overrated.
>>
>>379478101
I tried 3 without nostalgia. It doesn't.
>>
3>1>2
>>
>>379478283
they are the same fucking game. all 3 has is the broken transformations.
>>
>>379478158
Figured. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>379478378
2 has worse music
>>
>>379478378
3 also has best girl Yumi.
>>
>>379478101
They're action adventure platformer games where the main objectives are to collect what are pretty much enemies that you can interact with in multiple ways they can either attack you, run away in vehicles etc. and there's even a sneaking mechanic, the games are also based around the dualshock so the right stick is used so it kinda has a learning curve to it. It's pretty much the only platformer series to really have the collectables set up like this and besides the control scheme makes the series unique in a way.
>>
when are they gonna re-release the trilogy on PS4 with the quickswitch function from 3 added to the other two games
>>
>>379478598
they did the pole stuff on purpose. dirty pedos.
>>
>>379478124
No Ape Escape was the only worthy game from all the shit PS1 kids (like myself tough) used to play.
It's the only game that didn't feel like a lazy Nintendo rip-off.

>>379478101
Ape Escape 1 is worth your time. 2 and 3 are for nostalgia purposes only.
>>
>>379474854
No. Either this or a Rayman announcement would instantly turn this coming E3 into a 10/10 for me.
>>379478378
I don't know how anyone can like 2 as much as the rest of the series, it has:
>No gimmick like time travel or movies, so the stages feel generic and without any sense of theming running through them
>A poor art style, with the monkeys in particular having weird elongated heads which make them look gross instead of cute
>Blue Monkey constantly swearing during his boss battle for no real reason and singlehandedly bringing the game's age rating up to an 11+
>>
>>379480234
Eh, I'd say AE2 is pretty much world travel which is boring compared to TV/movie and time travel and yeah I think for AE2 monkeys the art designers were pretty much looking at the models from AE1 as reference and just adding more polygons which didn't look the best but I wouldn't say gross, glad for the slight model change by when Pumped & Primed came out though, and I don't recall blue monkey swearing (in the US version at least)
>>
>>379478101
they are all great games and they're very unique platformers
>>
>>379474854
All of them are great games, but 3 is by far the best in terms of art direction, gameplay and tone.
>>
>>379478101
it came out at the time where the second analog wasnt the standard for moving the camera, which led to some of the most intuitive control schemes. Past that, the level design is ridiculously well done. All of them are worth playing at the very least
>>
Always love an AE thread.

Each game has it's own certain charm to me. I love 2's music and simple/colorful levels. (Also my first AE) 3 for the huge amount of content, transformations, and streamlined gameplay of course.

I really need to go back and play the 1st one more and gain some appreciation for it. I can download the remake (AE: On the Loose) on my Vita right? Never played that version.
>>
File: [email protected] (38KB, 510x337px) Image search: [Google]
ape-escape-470x310@2x.jpg
38KB, 510x337px
>>379474854
don't forget SCE's tweet at the beginning of 2016, possibly hinting at the team picking back up development for AE4! Would be great to see something this E3. (By which I mean, I'd freak the fuck out)
>>
>>379481642
Getting that monkey suit post-game in AE3 was fucking baller
>>
>>379474854
If the Project Siren guys can manage to convince Yoshida to greenlight a Gravity Rush sequel of all things, surely an Ape Escape 4 isn't that farfetched a concept.
>>
>>379481821
Does somebody has that post about how Ape Escape was raped?
>>379483019
>inb4 Gravity Rush collab with Ape Escape
>>
post your favorite
>game
>minigame
>spin off
>level
>music
>gadget
>monkey
>side character
>protagonist
>boss
>moment/memory
>wishes/ideas for a next game
>>
>>379478794
This should have happened a long time ago
>>
I believe we will get ApeEscape in vein of Ratchet and Clank reboot/remake.

First game with new features/gadgets and levels on that engine.
>>
>>379485465
This, but without the shitty writing.
>>
>>379485465
What if it had a bit of a serious tone?
>>
Has anyone drawn Spike in the style of Boku No Hero Academia?
>>
>>379478124
It's niche as fuck
>>
>>379485185
>Ape Escape 3 (with 2 very close behind)
>Mesal Gear Solid, of course. (But I did love the Saru Cinema theater in 3)
>Pumped & Primed, but I recently got an imported PS2 and Million Monkeys, so I'll be able to try that soon
>AE2 Castle Frightmare
>AE2 Travel Station Hub
>Bananarang
>Blue Pipotron
>Natalie
>Jimmy/Hikaru
>Yellow Monkey
>Rewatching gameplay vids of AE3 when it was announced and getting hyped
>Ape Escape 4 or HD collection. I'll take anything at this point.
>>
File: 86150_full.jpg (103KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
86150_full.jpg
103KB, 1280x960px
>>379474854
No, there are at least two of us OP.
>>
>>379487759
What if Spike was playable in Knack 2?
>>
>>379474854
HOLY SHIT

GUYS

GUYS HEAR ME OUT

APE ESCAPE...

VR
>>
>>379488005
APE ESCAPE X MINIONS
>>
>>379488005
>>379488121
0/10
>>
>>379487963
Then I'd probably play a shitty game for a very stupid reason.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.