[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekken 7 is fucking trash and i'll tell you why by explaining

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 12

File: tekken7_720.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tekken7_720.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
Tekken 7 is fucking trash and i'll tell you why by explaining you one of these BS endings and it'll be Nina's.
Back in Tekken 4, she had arguably one of the best story set up in the series revolving around her son Steve and how she is chased down by Lei. She found out about Steve being her son and was hired by the same Mafia that wanted Steve dead. This story wasn't continued in the other installments and now in this bullshit game, Nina beats Steve unconscious? Really?! Even though Steve saved her from being shot by Lei because he knew she was his mother? Fuck you Harada/Namco.Other examples are Paul being a clown compared to his bad ass biker days and rivaled Kazuya.Now? He's a complete comic relief character running away as seen in this ending. Asuka being a link to curing/helping Jin overcome his devil gene powers since she was Jun's niece and all. What happened to that story line? Get's trashed because of Lili. You know... for fan service and no purpose at all. Never mentioned again.

And you people are going to support this? I sure as hell am not. Buy it used! Let your voice be heard. There is a reason why the Tekken games have been declining in sales and Meta scores! Wake up people! And these weaboos (Alisa, Lucky Chloe or Eliza) are only catering to those idiotic anime casual fans. They're cancerous and the reason why Tekken's dying.

Honestly, I like to think Tekken's story line ended with Tekken 5. Jin won the tournament and ended the destruction of the Mishima Zaibatsu's. The rest of the fighters had a good ending like King befriending Craig, Law paying off his debt and still running the dojo/restaurant, Lei still being one of the greatest detectives solving cases etc.

Tekken 1-3 were written by different people. They held a hand in Tekken 4-5 but afterwards they were not involved. Funny right? Those were the Tekken games that were considered great. Tekken 6 and upwards has been under Harada's direction and creativity and look what that's gotten us.
>>
>>379470671
>playing fighting games for story
>>
>caring about any story past the 3rd game, let alone in it's seventh official installment.
>>
nigga you getting hung up on a story in a fighting game
granted it's been like 15 years but this is the series where an edgy japanese kid started world war 3 to fight satan
>>
And do you remember that time Nina slapped Anna over a missing shoe? What happened to Tekken's deep lore?
>>
>>379470671
Tekken 4 was shit.
Harada was director of Tekken since 4th game.
Story is the least important part of a fighting game.
>>
I wholeheartedly agree with everything OP said, weeaboo cancer ruined another good series.
>>
>>379470671
>Asuka being a link to curing/helping Jin overcome his devil gene powers since she was Jun's niece and all
This was never canon nor even taken any seriously and was resolved in jin burying his head in her tits.
>Other examples are Paul being a clown compared to his bad ass biker days and rivaled Kazuya.
Stop. This was literally never a thing. He THOUGHT he was a rival of Kazuya in the same way Miguel thinks he's any match for Jin. Paul has always been a fucking joke reserved for fighting bears, failing somersaults and taking a shit in Law's bathroom.
>>
200 word essay? beat it kid
>>
>>379470671
Nina's Tekken 4 ending never happened. Steve and Lei actually worked together and Lei successfully copped Nina's employers, so Nina lost interest since nobody was going to pay her.

Also is this pasta
>>
So heihachi is the next big he did nothing wrong guy right?
>>
File: 1463455811504.jpg (26KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463455811504.jpg
26KB, 360x360px
>caring about story in a fighting game

these people fucking exist? Is this some clever bait post? Am I being swindled?
>>
>>379470671
yeah so what's the lore behind gon and tekken beach ball mode you fucking turbonerd
>>
>>379472465
>these people fucking exist? Is this some clever bait post? Am I being swindled?

blame NRS senpai, next we gon have niggers who want dlc/microtransactions in vsgames
>>
>>379470921
Anon is right op
Just enjoy the ride and don't think about it to much. Kazuya vs Heihachi in the Vulcano was hype as fuck and i still kinda feel bad for the old man.
>>
>>379470671
one of the most autistic posts I've seen in a long time, congrats
>>
File: 445px-JinT4CG.jpg (28KB, 445x599px) Image search: [Google]
445px-JinT4CG.jpg
28KB, 445x599px
>>379470864
>>379470894
>>379470921
>>379471096
>>379471102
>>379472249
>>379472465
Fags.

I agree with the OP, Tekken's serious story telling ended with 4(Bryan knew his days were numbered, Law suffering from alchol addiction, Paul fighting depression, Howarang being hunted by the Korean military for leaving, Kazuya's resuruction, Jin looked great and was damn awesome), it was dark and the characters actually had a reason to enter the tournament, 5 kinda carried that stuff over but it was still a good game, and then 6 came out and the story became a joke onto onward even with 7.

Hopefully the Tekken Team get their shit together.
>>
>>379470671
>>379474591

>Tekken
>Story

Let alone a fighting game, Tekken has no story at all you delusional faggots. It has no fucking story at all, everything is a placeholder just for the sake of it.

These characters you talk as if were your parents are actually a piece of fiction and a pathetic one at that. Grow the fuck up Tekken edgelords.
>>
>>379475252
What the fuck did you just say you bitch fucking mother?

Tekken did have a story, one that actually mattered at least enough that it was actually interesting and got you hooked.

There is a reason why SFV failed and still is a failure, because it lacked content and one of them were character story telling.
>>
File: CSTK7_ELIZA_06_1485168303.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CSTK7_ELIZA_06_1485168303.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>379470671
Nobody cares about the story. Tekken's story was stupid to begin with. Also those endings in the previous games were just "what if when" scenarios who are not canon.
Tekken 7 is meant for online play. Harada doesn't give a fuck about the story.
>>
File: Screen01.jpg (16KB, 323x243px) Image search: [Google]
Screen01.jpg
16KB, 323x243px
>yfw Tekken 7 is great and sf fags got BTFO
>>
>>379477625
>Waifufag weeaboo claiming that the story is stupid
It's so ironical that i'm not even laughing
>>
>>379477880
Nope, playing street fighter in a tekken game is nice.
But tekken fags btfo when they lose against a street fighter character is a reality tho, love the salt everytim
>>
>>379477880
>Lacks any complexity or depth
>Extremely homogenized cast
>Heavy amount of slow down on the PS4 version
>THIRTEEN yes count them 13 frames on input lag
>No cross platform play
>No rollback netcode
>Complete rehash of the previous games
>Retarded comeback mechanics rewarding the losing player with an almost instant kill free super
>Worst cast out of any tekken game
>Dumbed down mechanics (tekken was already a very dumbed down game) such as 1 button throw techs
>Rolling on the ground to escape will now result in you being launched
>"Newcomers" are just reskinned old characters
>No widescreen support
>Denuvo
>Literal 1 button infinites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqEcCOWCA2E

kekken 7 is not only one of the worst tekken games ever made but one of the worst fighting games ever made
>>
File: 1467276158913.jpg (43KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1467276158913.jpg
43KB, 500x336px
>>379477986
>Post random pic of Tekken 7 character
>"Hurr durr weeaboo waifufag"
You sure showed me with your non-existing argument
>>
>>379480838
>THIRTEEN yes count them 13 frames on input lag
kill me
>>
>>379480838
Unironically using this pasta, stop reaching capcom shill sfv fucking blows.
>>
>>379481812
Sorry, didn't know it was pasta, came back to /v/ for tekken
>>
>>379481812
>REEEE PASTA REEEEEEEEEEE
Its 100% accurate regardless, tekken 7 is a shit game, and no amount of shitposting you do will change that
>>
>caring about tekken's story
>caring about story in any fighting game
I'd rather they throw story out the window and just continue with the funny, nonsensical shit like Kuma's endings or Paul/Law/Steve shenanigans
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170608_074420.jpg (566KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170608_074420.jpg
566KB, 1920x1080px
What do you think?
>>
>fighting games
>story

Same idiots who think Sonic game should have story instead of "Robotnik kidnapped animals again Sanic! we need to save them!"
>>
>>379470671
>I play fighting games for the story
how many dicks do you suck in a row on the regular, do they just line up in the mens bathroom because vaccum mouth is on duty? shut the fuck up
>>
>>379477986
no argument just buzzwords from a redditor
>>
>>379481812
Anyone who's been exposed to more technical, more dynamic fighting games will quickly pass on tekken. Other top fighters, namely Street Fighter, KoF and MK/Injustice have advanced impressively in their latest installments; but the relic that is tekken just can't seem to evolve, furthermore many combos can be done simply by hitting 1-button, and the nearly "instant-kill" rage art moves are just laughably broken. Instead of a supplying a proper fighting engine, matches in T7 seem to rely heavily on "who can get their rage move off first". So many elements of the gameplay don't even require any sort of skill. In my book, slow motion over and over again also gets old very quickly. And in the end, it's more of a novelty or gimmick rather than an actual, thought-out fighting game mechanic. But hey, the casual crowd will be pleased!

If you want something a little more "button-masher-friendly," tekken might be your cup of tea.... Key word, might.
>>
>>379470671
>And these weaboos (Alisa, Lucky Chloe or Eliza) are only catering to those idiotic anime casual fans
You din't even know how to use the term weeaboo, fuck off. These "idiotic anime casual fans" probably support the game more then you.
>>
I agree, the story is utter garbage. They totally ruined everyones story except the Mishima ones. The customization is trash as well, most of it is copy pasta and it isn't even as much as in TTT2. But saying the game is trash because of these things is just major bullshit. The gameplay and online is fine (except on PS4) which is the most important thing in a fighting game.
>>
File: 1494154844939.png (351KB, 346x349px) Image search: [Google]
1494154844939.png
351KB, 346x349px
>i'll tell you why by explaining you one of these BS endings
Stopped reading there. Saying a fighting game is trash because of the story is retarded.
>>
>>379482483
>street fighter
>have advanced impressively in their latest installments
This is bait.
>>
>>379482057
>100% accurate
no it isn't there's a bunch of bullshit in there, for instance there's around 6-7 frames of input lag on the ps4 and xbox versions.
>>
>>379482269
Neat.
>>
File: 1491526537030.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491526537030.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>>379482057
>"100% accurate"
>"Tekken doesn't have widescreen support"
>Widescreen support
>Widescreen
>16:9
>Tekken 7 doesn't support 16:9
>2017
>TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN
>The game runs with black bars on everyone's TV and monitor.
>As shown in fig.1
>Q.E.D.

We're not even going deep into the pasta sauce and you're already wrong. Even Tekken 5 had widescreen support. Can the PS4 and Xbox One even NOT do widescreen?
>>
>>379485957
Fortunately, it's also garbage mechanically.
>>
File: 1496818184618.jpg (37KB, 164x272px) Image search: [Google]
1496818184618.jpg
37KB, 164x272px
>>379488237
>>
>>379475604
You are wrong.

You just don't like the Shonen Anime direction it's going in, but the quality is about the same, 4/10. I'm personally fine with it, because over the top hammy bullshit is fine in Shonen stories. Over the top hammy bullshit trying to take itself seriously didn't work, imo.
>>
>>379485957
It's a fair thing to say since the online side is broken so you can't say much about that. Fighting game vs computer is the worst.
>>
Man, I'm not into Tekken at all, but from afar, Tekken's story looks like complete shit, even for a fighting game. Those Tekken 6 and 7 endings I watched were fucking WEIRD, man.
>>
>>379489573
Why didn't you buy the superior PC version where online works fine
>>
>single player

Don't care, OP. Sorry.

This is why fighting game companies need to stop wasting millions of dollars on story modes. Scrubs are going to go back to their casual games within a week no matter what they do, so they might as well just focus on the game itself.
>>
>>379490073
Now watch Tekken 4's prologues and endings.I say this as a diehard fan for nearly 2 decades, Tekken's story started going down the shitter in 5 with the anime cheese.
>>
File: DBmW6lIUAAAJ_4X.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DBmW6lIUAAAJ_4X.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I actually kinda agree with op. I unironically love the Tekken story even if it's pretty dumb, and I can't wait to see how Tekken 8 plays out
>>
>>379490721
They need to bring back the atmosphere and the stage elevation and objects from Tekken 4. Tekken 5 was a straight downgrade, even if it was more fixed for the competitive side of things without JFLS Jin.

Tekken 8 better innovate more than shitty supers. I want to see that elevation boi.
>>
>>379490721
I'll get to that later today, anon.

Man, I want to like Tekken but I just don't think it's for me.
>>
File: sfv-user-reviews.jpg (45KB, 980x325px) Image search: [Google]
sfv-user-reviews.jpg
45KB, 980x325px
>>379490484
That worked REAL well for Street Fighter, didn't it you stupid inbred fruit-fucking leper of a mongrel mutt's crushed left testicle.

Tourney faggots are the best at what they do: Sucking each other off. At least you're not breeding with all those cocks in your mouths.
>>
>>379490980
The story doesn't have to be for you. It's about the gameplay, the fighting.
>>
>>379470671
tekken 7 is not shit but i have to agree nina has the worst ending in the series
>>
>>379491236
I'm not sure if I could get into the gameplay either.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.