[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 10

File: image.png (412KB, 754x536px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
412KB, 754x536px
Is he right?
>>
>>379468290
no, not every child has a switch, more children are likely to have a 3ds than a switch.
>>
File: 1307439677179.png (296KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1307439677179.png
296KB, 480x640px
It'll happen eventually, probably next year.
>>
>>379468508
plus if a 3ds is busted it's cheaper for a new one than buying a new switch, which also has an issue of being sold out all the time.
>>
People think Nintendo is really abandoning shitty portables, kek. You just bought the WiiU 1.1. There will be a 3DS successor within 3 years, probably still less powerful than a PSP.
>>
>>379468290
65 millions 3DS against how many Switch?
They can't keep the Switch demand imagine with a Pokemon game.

And GF never splits generations anyway.
>>
>>379468290
No, it's retarded to switch platforms mid generation. It's the same reason why all of Gen V was on the DS.
>>
>Inexcusable

Fan entitlement at its most toxic.
>>
>>379468807
This.

Nintendo is fucking retarded and so are their fans.
>>
>>379468290
Yup. Nintendo should have forced GF to not release it on the 3DS to push Switch sales or at least do a port. I'm a Switch owner and this is unacceptable. Why should I have confidence in Nintendo right now?

>"But the Switch has enough games coming out this year!"
I kind of disagree. For example, I'm only interested in FEW, Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as far as Switch releases go this year. I don't care for games like Splatoon 2 or Arms. Arms looks like a fullpriced party game you'd find in a Wii compilation and I'd prefer to play a proper shooter, not something like Splatoon 2.

Just like not everyone will care for games like FEW and XC2. Pokemon has wider appeal and should be on the Switch this year.
>>
>>379468290
No, they're having trouble to keep up with the demand for the Switch, releasing a mainline Pokemon game for a small userbase is pointless. Give it time.
>>
>>379468290
>gamefreak
>making a game for a new system jntil they are forced
Same shit as BW2 all over again.
>>
>I really want Game, so company not making Game is a crime against humanity now
>>
a console pokemone would be too much work, its easier to shit out a mobile or portable version that will print money

Why do more work for less money?
>>
>>379468290
>whole point of pokemon is to be on an afforadable system that many kids are likely to actually have

Not to mention GameFreak are lazy fucks who would take years to barely manage a console game
>>
You know, when I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if this boils down to Nintendo not understanding cross platform multiplayer or Switch players complaining because 3DS players would get free online.
>>
>>379469113
You'll get Pokken DX and the Gen 8 games on Switch and you will like it.
>>
File: 1488689593876.jpg (251KB, 808x765px) Image search: [Google]
1488689593876.jpg
251KB, 808x765px
>>379469208
>Buys the PiiPoo 2.0
>Has to defend it on an anonymous people board online
Never fails
>>
>>379469113
If Zelda, Pokemon and Mario come out in year one what do you expect next year? Yeah, great no drought the first six months, but then what? A year drought? Five years before the next Mario or Zelda? Pokemon games tend to come out on a system that has an install base of over 10M and has been out for 2-3 years. In fact, other than GSC which came out on the Game Boy Color after just over a year, every gen has been two years or more after the launch date of the system. Emerald and BW2 came out AFTER the successor system came out; BW2 a year and a half after the 3ds. Give it time. You'll get Pokemon in fall of 2019 after the Switch has 10M sales.
>>
>>379469282
It's not that complicated

GF don't want to split generations and there are precedents.

So it's understandable the reaction unless people just want to shit on Nintendo for everything.
>>
>>379468290
>nintendo makes pokemon

Let me guess, this is an article from Forbes.
>>
>>379469572
That's more of Nintendo's problem really. They need to get the third party developers on board to fill droughts.
>>
>>379468807
I don't think we're going to see a 3ds successor, or rather, the switch is the 3ds successor. Rather than do a hard cut off like their old consoles Nintendo is going the Sony strategy with the 3ds and letting it die slowly while the switch ramps up. It makes sense; now that all their eggs are in one basket they can't afford to have a year where the old system isn't selling and the new one isn't big enough yet. That said, I think we'll see a New Switch Lite XL or something later that's a cheaper switch that's only in handheld mode so parents will have a cheap switch to buy for children to play pokemon on and not have to worry about detachable joycons or the docking station.
>>
>>379469687
>just looked up the title of the article
>it actually is a Forbes article

Jesus fuck I don't understand why they let those morons hire idiots for their game articles.
>>
>>379468290
They'll probably announce something at E3. I don't see why they wouldn't release pokemon on the switch.
>>
>>379469715
People don't buy Nintendo consoles for 3rd party games, they buy them for Nintendo games. A drought on a Nintendo console is a drought of Nintendo games.
>>
>>379469949
>I don't see why they wouldn't release pokemon on the switch.
Nintendo has a history of being completely retarded.
>>
>>379468290
Sounds like some entitled nu-male from Kotaku or Polygon.
>>
>>379470023
By third party I mean exclusive third party games by Japanese developers like SMTIV. I have a PS4 for the few western third party games I play.
>>
>>379468290
someone in great detail explain to me why
the switch had any legitmate reason of getting a main sereis pokemon game
why game freak would take a step back from the dual screen for one
why a console even if "portable" should get one
this only shows that the switch for as of now is not replacing the 3ds
if there any legitmate benifint aside from muh graphics/frame rate
can people really not see the downsides of the switch being the next step for main series games?
>>
Are people finally starting to realize the switch has no games then?
>>
>>379470134
>can people really not see the downsides of the switch being the next step for main series games?
Probably because there are no downsides.
>>
Releasing the Switch without revising bullshit like the hurr durr teamchat only works via our smartphone bullshit first and then launching it in such small numbers due to hardware components shortages is the real crime

Also while i get it that they want to relaunch some titles that no one card about on the WiiU due to the disaster it was "remastering" 2-3 year old titles and selling them for full price is just terrible
>>
I don't particularly like Pokémon.
I went Red->Gold->X and X didn't entertain me.

So subjectively he is wrong.
>>
>>379470134
There is literally no downside, at all, except to gamefreak's budget. Switch is much better than 240pDS in handheld form
>>
>>379468290
Nope. It's okay when Nintendo does it
>>
>>379470312
>>379470218
>Probably because there are no downsides.
PAID
>trading
>online battling
>>
>>379469517
>PiiPoo 2.0

kek haha yeah man PEENUS WEENUS DIDDILY DADDILY DOODILY wew lad
>>
>>379470327
Thinking about it yeah that's the only one. The rest will be objectively superior, so I'll just stick with showdown like always

How's the meta now anyway? Tapus still ruling OU?
>>
>>379470134
>if there any legitmate benifint aside from muh graphics/frame rate

but those are the biggest ones. if they wanna continue to launch games on it they need to go back to 2D/2.5D because the 3ds cant handle the graphics and ruins shit in the process
>>
File: absolutely shohei.png (160KB, 241x342px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely shohei.png
160KB, 241x342px
3 hour battery life is not a portable console. I like being able to play the Switch handheld but it is not for taking to school and playing with your friends. Imagine the fucking Sun and Moon Japanese trailers but everyone there has a Switch--not gonna happen.
>>
>>379470327
Nintendo will just charge for the online of the 3DS successor. Nintendo's paid online hymen has been broken and now nothing will stop the Jew & screw flow. Better get cracking on those homebrew pokemon games Pokelads.
>>
>>379470302
Probably because X onwards are the worst games in the series. If you do care try Platinum, Soul Silver, Emerald and Leaf Green.

>>379470327
I mean from a gameplay perspective, not network. But yes, I agree. I honestly see Nintendo not keeping a premium subscription anyway. I honesty think it will be a disaster and Nintendo will pull back.
>>
>>379470302
For nostalgias sake try playing Soul Silver or Heart Gold. They are some of the best remasters ever made
>>
>>379470449
Is there a hack of FR/LG that has the Splecial/physical split, unlimited use TMs and moves from newer gens?

I basically just want like a 5th gen level remake of R/B
>>
>>379470563
>LG/FR and especially HG/SS are fantastic remakes, packed with content
>OR/AS are the worst mainline Pokemon games and awful remakes

What went so wrong?
>>
>>379470563
>>379470449
I think at the core is that there is simply no fucking way I can get invested in a team of Pokémon anymore, since I know it's a waste of time from the start.
>>
>>379470134
Very simple nintendo owns a third of game freak and owns a company that owns another third of game freak, it is in nintendos best interest to sell the switch and the best way to sell the switch would be to put pokemon on it.
>>
>>379468290
You guys are forgetting one main thing.

Pokemon Company is not making a Switch game in the first year as they are doing market research to see if Switch does well enough for Pokemon series to move in. They explicitly stated this.
>>
>>379470682
Hardware Issues aside they didnt chose emerald as the ground game to remake and ended up with less content than it
>>
>>379470707
You dont have to get invested but SS/HG are some nice nostalgia with great visuals packed with tons of content.
>>
>>379469687
That was my thought to. Nintendo has little say in Pokemon yet everyone feel they are the one who makes everything.
>>
Pokemon Black 2/White 2 came out over a year and a half after the 3DS came out, and they were for the DS. They don't switch consoles in the middle of a generation. If they ever go to the Switch, it will be the next generation which will be the next games.
>>
He's dead wrong.

The Switch has a lot of momentum and potentially huge games coming with Mario, Monster Hunter and Splatoon.

Putting out their ace in the hole with Pokemon when it's not going to mean as much would be a fuck up worth more money than the writer will ever see, infinitely more so if the Switch game can be built from the ground up.
>>
>>379470794
They'll have to move eventually. The 3DS's lifespan won't last much longer with the Switch out.
>>
>>379470972
I can honestly see them push out a Diamond/Pearl 3ds remake before that. They gonna milk the 3ds install base for as long as they can
>>
>>379470930
Nintendo effectively owns most of the pokemon company.
>>
>>379470986
Not to mention they're still getting "scarcity issues" in a few areas. If they released it this year, the scarcity would actually be real.
>>
>>379470779
Nintendo own 0% of Game Freak. Which is why they were able to make that weird Elephant game. They do however own 1/3 of Pokemon (2/3 if you include Creatures but they tend to not really care about what Nintendo has to say).
>>
>>379471060
2/3 if you include Creatures. But Creatures tend to work on their own. Which is why you keep seeing mobile games long before Mario Run and FE Heroes.
>>
>>379469113
You think that because you are stupid.
The switch does not need sales help.
We also just got a game in November.
Wait at least a year may be 2.
Games need to be timed correctly. You don't push them out Willy nilly
>>
>>379471060
>most

No, it's a three-way split. Nintendo owns 33.33....%
>>
>>379470219
2.7 million is quite a large launch actually
>>
I mean they could always just make another colosseum/ Gale of Darkness game while they figure out if they want to put the main line game on the switch or not. But then again, people would be mad that dual screens are gone and blame nintendo for putting pokemon on the switch
>>
>Multiple people in a household.
>One Switch.
>Can only have one person playing at a time.

What about savefiles?
>>
>>379471591
On the WiiU savefiles are split.
Each registered user has his own.

I'd assume it's the same on Switch.
>>
The switch isn't even a home console. It's a portable tablet with two controllers attached to it. Pokemon was always a game for portable consoles (gameboy, gba, ds, 3ds) but the switch is no means a stationary console. The dock is just some plastic shit stand for crying out loud.
>>
>>379468290
It JUST fucking came out. Why can't this retarded baby wait a year or two before whining about this shit?
>>
>>379468290
Masuda has a vendetta against console.
>>
>>379468290
But it's getting Pokken.
>>
>>379469126
Releasing Pokémon and a new batch of Switches could be a potential goldmine. I get what you're saying, but don't you think they could easily make a few poké-switch ports to tide over for Stars-esque release we've/ the undecided potential switch owners have been waiting for? A breath of the wild/Mario Odyssey /Pokémon/ Spla2oon line-up at Christmas could mean the most profitable year Nintendo has seen in a long time, but it won't happen because ninty doesn't understand what Western audiences want on a fundamental level.
>>
>>379471857
Meanwhile the PS4 at least had a steady flow of games at that time.
>>
>>379471797
It's a home console fgt
>>
>>379471894
Nobody cares about Pokken or any non-mainline Pokemon game.
>>
>>379471591

Switch data is linked to the user profile,you pretty much have infinite save files.
>>
>>379468290
Nah, he's fucking dumb mate
>>
>>379471797
It is a home console, you nog. It's a low-powered home console with a lot of gimmicks but it's not something any kid in school or college would consider worth bringing to class on the regular. A portable tablet has better than 2-3 hours of battery life. Four generations of Pokemon have been on two screens.
>>
>>379468290
He don't remember when pokemon B/W2 were released do he?

Ultra sun/Ultra moon are obvious low effort things done by map makers mostly to keep the cash rolling while working on the switch engine.
>>
>Pokemon Stars on 3DS and Switch
>No that's dumb let's release Ultra Sun and Moon on the 3DS

Incidentally Gamefreak only recently began hiring for Switch development, which means they literally have no idea how to make games for it.
>>
>>379472158
>2-3 hours of battery life
Well, first, that's what some versions of the DS sadly offered, and secondly, the switch tegra chip actually can operate at 3 speeds. 150, 300 and 768 Mhz.
First one lasts you 5 hours, second gives you 2-3 hours, and the last mode you must be a heartless monster to even consider using it on the portable mode.
>>
>>379472019
>>379472158
If I can take my whole unit outside and play it without the need of any additional power cables, it's not a home console.
>>
File: DBpPeerWsAAhJUA.jpg (41KB, 640x306px) Image search: [Google]
DBpPeerWsAAhJUA.jpg
41KB, 640x306px
>>
>>379472030
It sold 1.3m copies, as of last month, still had 4000 players playing online, which is outstanding for a year old fighting game on a system as dead as the wiiu; and the DX version is currently the second highest selling game related product on amazon right now, ahead of ultra sun and moon.

People do care about pokken.
>>
>>379472463
Pokken Deluxe was so obviously going to happen, I guess people expected a new version instead of an updated version.

And people REALLY expected Pokemon Stars for Switch, not Sun/Moon version 2.0 for the same system again.
>>
>>379472392
But you never have to..
That's the nature of the switch you have a choice
So it's not a home console. You also can't screen and controller share on a home console.
It also required the dock to be a full power
>>
>>379472376
You're assuming Game Freak can manage to do anything remotely competent with the hardware to make it run smoothly. They had so many chances with the 3DS and battles still lag in 2D. Also all these screechers asking for Pokemon on the Switch are not going to be satisfied unless the graphics are deluxe. They expect to get the game they want and not the game that is technically possible.
>>
I think it's just too early
>>
>>379471713
>>379472142

So doesn't solve the problem of multiple players wanting to all play at once.
>>
UltraSun/Moon destroyed any hype people might have had for Pokken Deluxe.

Most people left the direct happy with Gold and Silver above any other announcement.
>>
>>379472745

You mean like splitscreen?
>>
>>379468290
No he's a dumbass.
>>
>>379472745
You mean like any fucking single player game ever?
>>
>>379472702
Well, as a non high end graphical producer, i'm pretty sure 150Mhz must be more than enough to push whatever gamefreak have in mind.
>>
>>379469113
This is your first time buying a console at launch, isn't it?
>>
>>379468807
>Wii u 1.1
>sales are crushing

really makes your neutrons rattle
>>
>>379468290
>people fell for the "Nintendo is merging their handheld and console divisions" meme

Why would Nintendo be that fucking retarded? Handhelds print money. The Switch is still a console at the end of the day.
>>
>>379468290

I just dropped my switch today and the clip that locks in the joycon in place chipped a tiny little bit and now it can easily be pulled off albeit with a bit of force.

What a retarded design, its flimsy as fuck.
>>
>>379468290
its good they do not put pokemon on switch, it might drive console sales. If you gave money to nintendo for the beta version console that is the switch you do not deserve pokemon, you do not deserve anything really
>>
>>379468834
>They can't keep the Switch demand
they can, its called ramping up production, but they prefer to keep retards drooling
>>
They have trouble meeting demand with the switch in the middle of the year, new mario will be ready for xmas, they dont need to drop a Pokemon game yet.

Unlike the fag from ops img and most other vidya companies nintendo is very smart about making money and staying in business.
>>
File: 13546841456851.gif (2MB, 261x251px) Image search: [Google]
13546841456851.gif
2MB, 261x251px
>releasing a pokemon game for a console that is still having production troubles due to competing with Apple over parts
>it's still fucking sold out 3 months after launch in most countries
>hurrr why doesn't Nintendo release every IP they have in the first 8 months of the console's lifespan
>>
>>379468290
Nintendo's failure to give the switch a proper game is inexcusable*
>>
>2001: GBA launch
>2003: Pokémon RS launch

>2005: DS launch
>2007: Pokémon DP launch

>2011: 3DS launch
>2013: Pokémon XY launch

Gee wiz, it's almost like they always wait 2 years after the system launch before releasing Pokémon on it these days

>clickbait gaming media is too braindead to look at history
>>
File: 1496905837210.png (424KB, 754x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496905837210.png
424KB, 754x536px
>>
>>379477974
How about you start your 47th run on Zelda?
>>
>>379476524
>easily pulled off
>ableit with a bit of force
Huh?
>>
>>379468508
They need to go get a Switch
>>
>>379468508
People are more likely to have a Wii and PS2 in their home than any other console ever, they should just make games for those, amirite?
>>
File: wont wobble now.jpg (71KB, 660x410px) Image search: [Google]
wont wobble now.jpg
71KB, 660x410px
>>379478413
Nah. I'll just start my first run of Shantae today.
>>
>>379468290
Fucking Pokemon fans are crying cause "Oh, UltraSun and Moon aren't on Switch" like fucking e3 isn't days away and there could still be that announcement.

Never mind that several online retailers had uSuM listings up for Switch and immediately had to take them down. Pokemon fans are terrible.
>>
>>379478326
Yeah amazed people don't get that. Given by the job listing at Gamefreak Pokemon is coming to the switch, just later

I just want to be free from 240p
>>
>>379468508
Wow then they should have just made nsmb wii 2, 3, 4, and 5 then. And hey why not wii sports 12? XD nice thinking, idiot.
>>
>>379478493
>S-Sony!!!
Why are you so insecure? I don't even have a Ps4
>>
File: 1364145238113.png (33KB, 489x283px) Image search: [Google]
1364145238113.png
33KB, 489x283px
>>379478607
Smells like a nigger
posts like a nigger
>>
>>379478660
Whatever makes you sleep at night, Anon
Make sure to enjoy this game everyone has already finished multiple times
>>
>>379478748
>games expire because other people played them before
Oh no. I played Sonic 2 yesterday. I'm gonna get food poisoning now
>>
>>379470682
>OR/AS are the worst mainline Pokemon games
Wrong, he worst are SM

Also Ohmori happened, ORAS are dissapointing to no end but atleast they have some plus points, SM tried to do something different from the series and ended up being an abomination, I do hope that USUM fixes all the shit that went wrong (no intrusive cutscenes, actual gym/league, the fucking bike)
>>
>>379468290
The direct was a massive letdown but the system has only been out 3 months. It'll have a proper pokemon port next year.
>>
>>379478807
Sure, sure, greentext some things I didn't say all you want
I just hope you enjoy this game, Anon. It's really all I want for you
But then again, you had to wait so long to play it since you wanted to make the Switch succeed
>>
Absolutely, Nintendo should give people a reason to buy a Switch and they are failing to do so.
While Black/White 2 launched on the DS you could still play it on the 3DS
>>
>>379468290
Nintendo doesn't own Pokemon. At least not completely.

Is The Pokemon Company who owns the rights to the franchise, that is: Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures inc.

So, blame Game Freak for being fucking jews and not doing proper games. They're just like Capcom and Monster Hunter, except Game Freak can't optimize their games for shit. No wonder they don't have the balls to do a Pokemon for a proper console.
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.