[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually take Yahzee's opinions seriously?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Do people actually take Yahzee's opinions seriously?
>>
>>379466618
Yes
>>
Pretty sure the whole premise is that you shouldn't take it seriously
>>
>le benis in peepee man
>>
>>379466618
No
>>
I do, I find his tastes line up with mine.
>>
About 70/30 on the yeah, yeah.
>>
>>379466768
What about the fact that a lot of the time he gives games a bad write up because he either didn't understand or use a central mechanic or just didn't complete the game?
>>
>>379466618
maybe
can anyone name someone that does?
>>
>>379466618
Only his opinions about video games. I know what things he likes that I don't like in games and vice versa, and like any functional person am able to use that to determine if I'll enjoy a game he's reviewed.
>>
>>379466618
I don't know.
>>
>>379466618
Sort of, he points out the bullshit in every game he reviews unlike most reviewers but his schtick is being overly negative so you should take it all with a grain of salt
>>
He's a pcbro
>>
youtuber - >>>/trash/
>>
>>379466618
Kind of but he's pretty bad at video games so you have to pick out what's an actual problem/issue with the game and what is him just being bad or impatient with the game.
>>
>>379466618
Yes and no. His whole shtick is pretty much hating everything so he's more entertainment than real review but there is a grain of truth to his hyperbole. He has bashed plenty of games I love but I never get made about it because he's funny, plus there's always at least one point he makes that even I can agree with being stupid, usually more than one.

Point being, just because Yahtzee bashes a game doesn't mean it's actually bad but that doesn't necessarily mean his criticisms of the game are entirely invalid. He probably did actually hate it but that's just his thing. Hating everything. At least he's fairly charismatic about it. He's better at expressing an opinion than 90% of /v/ users.
>>
>>379466618
A lot of Redditors do. No, really.
>>
>>379466618
>taking his opinion seriously after his game of the year was Bioshock Infinite and then Undertale

I can't
>>
The dude is one of the few most trusted game critics on the planet; he has both integrity AND refined taste, plus he knows his shit when it comes to video games and he is always honest about his personal taste.

So yeah, I have (with the exceptions of Kane & Lynch 2 and Sonic Unleashed) trustes Yahtzee's opinion for almost a decade now.

And i'm pretty sure millions of people beside me have as well.
>>
>>379467505
You must be a very unpleasent person to be around.
>>
>>379466897
Not that anon, but it takes to be a real tool to not realise his reviews are "accent all the negatives". He is not writing shit about games in a way "they are bad, because...". Instead, he points out what was fucked up with the game in tune of "this and that is bad". That makes a massive difference about his content.
And his tastes more or less line up with mine, too.

But most importantly, even if I often agree to disagree with his reviews on certain details or even entire genres (I love strategies, the more complex, the better, he sneers on them by default), I always know why he made specific statement and it's backed by pretty straighforward logic rather than "it's shit, because I say so"

Plus, I've gave bunch of games a shot due to his reviews and never regret those decisions, even if I had serious qualms about the game before his review, so go figure.
>>
>>379466618
>>379467435
He meme's whole pc master race shit which was pretty popular here
>>
Curious Expedition is probably the only review he made and I disagree with.
>>
someone post that snickers image
>>
I treat his reviews like I would a classmate or co-worker's opinion. Not to heart, but enough to maybe look into more if he thinks something is good and maybe enough to deter me from a game I was indifferent to if he hated it.
>>
>>379466618
I don't, because they're always wrong
>>379466678
Sure, but thats not the tone at all.You'd have to be some britbong ass, or a eurobu to think his shit is funny.
>>
I should hope not.
He's an "angry reviewer", he says whatever makes for the most laughs.
>>
>>379466678
He plays it up a bit, but what he says are his real opinions. He has been annoyed at times that people think he's not serious.
>>
>>379466618
I don't think you should review games you're not a fan of the genre of. It results in people who just don't get it at a fundamental level.
>>
File: 1496768111894.jpg (88KB, 736x691px) Image search: [Google]
1496768111894.jpg
88KB, 736x691px
>>379466618
>Do people actually take /v/'s opinions seriously?
>>
File: snicker.png (101KB, 476x1331px) Image search: [Google]
snicker.png
101KB, 476x1331px
>>379468680
>>
Has he gotten to beating G.Jaggi yet?
>>
>>379466618
I watch him for a good laugh. I don't necessarily agree with him on most games but sometimes I do. His not understanding the pull of fighting games like mortal combat or soul calibur is something I agree with completely.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.