[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 29

What went wrong?
>>
F2P
>>
>>379466347
Game advertised itself like a weird Suda game with style with Uncle Death, turned out to be an extremely grindy F2P with bland levels and enemies (except the Carnival level best soundtrack).
>>
>>379466347
Did anyone ever make it to the top?
>>
>>379466694
Yeah, after a couple days a bunch of us did.
>>
>>379466347
Nothing, it died like it should.
>>
>>379466669
I could have handled any shit about that game, It really scratched a very specific itch for me, but after two weeks of playing and hitting the top floor, all I did was justconstantly logging in to my spares being kidnapped and my banks being empty. And I think they alleviated some of the issues like making invincibility and stun mushrooms not work in bases so your defenses can't be steamrolled as easily, but I just got tired of it way before that. The moment I decided to quit was when I realized I had the game running for 72 hours but only played like three hours, the rest just sitting in my base so I can't be invaded.

>>379466694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1BPD1UI0A
The ending, if you're interested.
>>
>>379467295
>Nothing, it died
I don't think you understand the meaning of "what went wrong".
>>
>>379467412
>game is called let it die
>it dies
>what went wrong?

Uhhh...
>>
Grind kicks in hard, really kills the strive to want to just climb the tower and fight. Game shouldve just got harder in some way, because grinding is not difficult, its tedious. It starts at that fair ground themed floor and doesnt stop, really disappointing because the game was enjoyable till that point, I was liking everything about it and just started to get bored running back and forth to pick up items, and knowing that I will have to do it all over again when I beat the floor boss.
>>
>>379466347
At least the OST is very good
I love the elevator music/ Mushroom girl music
>>
Should've been a full retail release with none of that grind. Gameplay is satisfying besides some cheap bullshit from bosses and certain weapons like the FUCKING SABRE, CHRIST and the overall aesthetics are excellent.

I heard it was originally going to not have the F2P mechanics in it.
>>
>>379467654
So you definitely don't know the meaning of "what went wrong".

You're trying too hard to come off as clever, it failed move on, at this point you're beating a dead horse.
>>
>>379466347
nothing we let it die
>>
>>379467703
I know what you mean all too well. Before I quit I grinded out a full set of 5 start armor/weapon.
>>
>>379468150
You're trying too hard.

>>379467874
>I heard it was originally going to not have the F2P mechanics in it.
Yeah it was originally supposed to be a $60 full title. I guess funding kicked out at some point and instead of letting it die they decided to salvage it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrDpCK6wfs
>>
literally nothing except lack of content and support
anyone complaining about shit like grind or paywall simply don't know how to play it
>>
>>379468338
>anyone complaining about shit like grind or paywall simply don't know how to play it
>anyone complaining about grind
>Doesn't know how to play it
>Implying the grind in the game isn't abysmal.
Spoken like a true floor 10 shitter that never got past 3 star gear.
>>
File: let it die is not p2w or grindy.jpg (29KB, 902x101px) Image search: [Google]
let it die is not p2w or grindy.jpg
29KB, 902x101px
>>379468412
try again sweetie
the game gives you so many options to bullshit it you're a literal retard if you don't make use of them
>>
I've been playing it again for the last, they made a lot of shit easier since the launch period

-You can now buy ANY faction's metal at the roaming gyakufunsha shop, not just DOD arms
-Gyakufunsha has a nearly guaranteed (like 1/10 chance it's not there) spawn 3 days of the week with two tiers of items available at two different locations. So one does black and red metals, and one does green and blue
-Gyakufunsha shop now restocks an hour after you buy rather than an hour after you get back to the elevator
-Not 100% sure, but I feel like red metals are more common as drops now.

They also added a new uber tier set of equipment with 13x durability, 13x cost, and it has almost no durability penalties as well. They also added a fourth tier to some existing shit like biker set or dragon buster sword that are way better than third tier (dragon buster goes from 600 damage to 2400 damage at tier 4)

They nerfed a couple of easy farmings though

-Fights are more plentiful but I haven't gotten two death metals with anything less than like 2k fight points
-Dev raids are gone as far as I can tell, although dev haters still exist in the tower and are easy farm with a lucky star (7k to 11k per kill as lucky star, and going from floor 9 to floor 8 has a hater pretty much near the escalators each time)
-TDM is fucked because of the new top tier equipment because you don't know if you're entering some faggot with 5 top tier soldiers or a skeleton base with naked defenders

With the new tier of equipment I don't die on floors 31-40, and can stay a long ass fucking time with the 13x durability/cost gear.

So all in all, while I fucking miss dev raids, the gyakufunsha changes and new gear make the tower a lot fucking easier
>>
>>379466347
PS4 only. Exclusives are fucking retarded and I fully support bringing consoles up to PC standards and having games released for everyone to enjoy/hate.
>>
it died LMAO
>>
>>379466347
It's shitty p2w like every f2p game that isn't POE
>>
>>379468704
>PoE
>not p2w
o i am laffin

>inb4 t-tabs don't count they're pay for convenience!!!
>>
>>379468704
nope, its just grind to win

only dumb faggots need to use a shitload death metals to revive themselves, and even then their faggot asses don't get their durability restored

death metals are also so inefficient to turn into killcoins (5k coins per metal) that nobody would feasibly use them for decal farming or anything

also unlike path of exile, you can get free premium currency usable for stash space by doing fights
>>
File: GG.png (62KB, 909x127px) Image search: [Google]
GG.png
62KB, 909x127px
>>379467295
>>379468150
It didn't die, its still actually going pretty strong the user count keeps going up, they/ve added a bunch of new enemies and gear, they've fixed a lot of balancing issues, please tell me you didn't think you were being clever when you made that post.

>>379468512
>January 21
That's really cute, I see you used one of the guides I wrote. But the game is literally all about the grind. Grind is literally the endgame and all of reaching it, you're not unique or special for hitting the F40 so you sure as fuck are not an authority, especially not when you're the only one claiming complete opposite of what literally everyone else says.
>>
Needs a better name
>>
File: lily bergamo.jpg (48KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
lily bergamo.jpg
48KB, 500x313px
>>379468979
It had a better name, and full AAA funding and staff and a $60 price tag.
Somewhere down the assembly line it all shit the bucket.
>>
>>379468946
>i'm too stupid to check my expeditions every now and then
>y-you didn't beat it unless you're a grindcuck like me
i reached Taro in 29 hours without knowing shit about the game. expeditions LITERALLY beat the game for you. you don't even have to leave the waiting room 90% if you don't want to
>>
>>379468512
Game is grindy kid, get over it.
>>
>>379469163
90% of the time*
>>
File: 1496002352189.jpg (133KB, 600x915px) Image search: [Google]
1496002352189.jpg
133KB, 600x915px
>grind so you can grind so you can grind
>bulletsponge is 100% the only difficulty in the game
>>
>>379469197
>implying fish shrooms are hard to use
>implying anything in this game is difficult
>>
>>379469163
>. expeditions LITERALLY beat the game for you. you don't even have to leave the waiting room 90% if you don't want to

>Its not grinding if you spend 200 hours sitting in your lobby waiting for mats to come to you.

goteeeeem.

Also like I said, spoken like a true shitter. T5 mats can't be collected by expeditions you dimwitted fuck, which is literally THE endgame.
>>
>>379469273
>Literally everyone calls it grind.
>Have mental breakdown because nobody believes you its not grind.
>Your only argument that is not a grind involves sitting in your lobby for hours waiting for half a dozen NPCs to grind for you.

Please tell me you're not actually this fucking retarded and are just pretending.
>>
>>379469290
>t5 mats
you need 1 dod red to upgrade to deathburner iron which you get from an easy quest

whoa so le hard
>>
Severe content drought along with F2P mechanics that belong in shitty smartphone games.
>>
>>379469273
>Half the achievements are literally grind.
>lol its not grind because i beat a boss by eating an invis shroom.

You're a faggot.

>>379469412
Reds aren't tier 5 you fucking moron, they're tier 4.
>>
File: skl_atkup_anti_highlv_p.png (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
skl_atkup_anti_highlv_p.png
56KB, 500x500px
I have over 500 hours in this game.

The grind is comfy if you make it comfy.
The music is top notch
the setting was great

BUT

one problem caused me to drop it.

The lack of content and the slow updates. I was waiting for some new floors and I don't know if there are still the same 40 now,

I feel like you have to dedicate some time to keep your stuff checked and ready. Unfortunately, other games came out and I couldn't wait any longer.

Damn shame, because it's one my favorite games I've played in a long time.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22KB, 845x198px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22KB, 845x198px
>>379469412
You ever play the game? He's talking about T5, not about boss mats.
>>
>>379469163
>It's not grind!

Expeditions are essentially auto grinds that take place over at least an hour, something you could probably do in a fraction of the time and with more results at the risk of dying. Stop trying so hard to defend it. The game is MMO levels of grind and it sucks, and this is trom someone who plays Monster Hunter DAILY.
>>
>>379469363
>b-but everyone else says it's this way!!!!
I don't give a shit about non-powergamers

>>379469454
that's my point retard, you don't need to grind shit. Death Burner rank 1 is strong enough to finish the game with

>game gives you mushrooms
>cry that things are grindy when you don't use what the game is balanced around
nice shitpost
>>
>>379469468
Still 40, more floors coming sometimes next month /maybe/

>>379469163
>Game isn't a grind because I beat taro
Do you have death scythe? Jackal armor? 5 star armor blueprint?

>its not a grind
>Beat in 30 hours
>Its not a grind because I spent hundreds of dollars on revive skulls.
Its a grind.
>>
>>379469641
>It's not grind if you do it this ONE way out of the hundreds of ways to play it
>>
>>379466347
when is the new content like extra floor and new bosses coming out?
>>
>>379466347
damage sponges without grinding
>>
>>379469554
>send expedition out
>continue climbing tower
>1 hour is up
>check expeditions
>take the retarded amount of gear and consumable they bring me
>send expeditions
>climb tower
>repeat
if that's grind then every game is a grind
>>
>>379469696
>optional content is grinding
I only got the free downloads they gave me and the daily login shit. they're generous with the day passes for like the first 2 weeks
>>
>>379469781
>Send expedition out ON GRIND.
>Continue GRINDING THROUGH THE FUCKING TOWER.
>Come back from your grinding.
>Check expedition.
>Take the COUPLE items they bring.
>Send ON GRIND.
>Continue GRINDING THROUGH THE FUCKING TOWER.
>Reapeat.

>This is not grinding.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>379469894
>playing RPG
>accept quest
>go complete quest
>return and collect reward
>get another quest
>accept complete and get reward
>repeat
>this is now grinding

wtf I hate every rpg in existence now
>>
>>379469739
Supposedly more floors over the next few months.

I haven't really followed the updates all that much but I think they added some new roaming enemy types, they have a lot of events now with special enemies spawning on certain weeks and dropping unique blueprints, there's some kind of arena you can run into where you can supposedly fight enemy tougher than the jackals, a bunch of new decals. They seem to be more focused on fluffing out the content they have than adding new content.

>>379469865
For all your denial, did you happen to notice you're the only one in the thread claiming its not a grind?
>>
>"This game isn't grindy!"
>Upgrading gear
>Black metals
>That transistion to the Candol Wolf floors with enemies in high def gear and higher HP
>Can literally send your fighters to auto-grind for you

Sure. Okay.
>>
File: output2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
output2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>379469696
as someone who almost has their white steel shit done (8 44CE metals down, and I plan on saving 3 by not bothering using 3 to get 70 more defense on the helmet), they need to add a better way of getting tier 5 mats

like almost all of them I have a decent supply of at least 25 and up to 40 for each of them, but I'm going hand to mouth with pure iron, its fucking retarded

they could also stand to make white steel's chance to give 44CE metal be off his corpse rather than sharing a pool with the blueprints, because it's really inconsistent
>>
>>379470010
So what you're saying is let it die is a grind?
>>
>>379470069
Says a lot more about the state of /v/ than it does about me

>>379470087
>COMPLETELY OPTIONAL SHIT IS NOW A MANDATORY GRIND
>upgrading a red hot iron to break armor is a grind (you'll pick up the materials to max it out just playing normally)
how can so many people be so fucking dumb?
>>
>>379470092
I quit playing late december after getting my five star paladin set so I left long before white steel came out. I got the blueprints for the Jackal Yo-Yo and the Jackal gun. tried grinding out the mats for them, took a whole day and got one ultra-pure Iron. That was when I quit. The unbearable grind is the only thing keeping me from playing this game because I do genuinely enjoy it.

if there was a way to consistently get T5 mats I would go back to it right away.

Other than that my only peeve was how quickly the dev haters became annoying without brainshrooms, I'd literally have to go back and grind for them plus send my fagos on expeditions for that garbage instead of the good shit. Did they ever fix that?

All this game needs to be great is a consistent, reliable way to get each tier of mats, and making sure that haters difficulty is scaled to the floor, not to the player.
>>
File: Mindblowing.jpg (49KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mindblowing.jpg
49KB, 1366x768px
>>379470261
>Its not a grind if you don't play it.
>>
>>379470261
>Keeps going on about abusing a broken weapon and uses it as a baseline for everything.
>Calls others dumb.

Really activates the almonds.
>>
>>379470378
>wtf morrowind is a grind fest because I have to kill every enemy
>wtf stalker is a grind fest because I have to kill every enemy
>wtf new vegas is a grind fest because I have to kill every enemy
>wtf contra is a grind fest because I have to kill every enemy
>wtf wario land 2 is a grind fest because I have to kill every enemy
see how dumb it sound to talk about optional content that you don't NEED to ever do to FINISH the game, which is the goal.
>>
>>379470261
And what if I don't want to use just one FUCKING WEAPON THE ENTIRE GAME, idiot? Or if I wanted to experience the rest of the game's content besides just beating the bosses? Did you ever consider that in your perpetual state of denial?

You are the densest retard I've had the displeasure of sharing an existence with.
>>
>>379470261
>>379468512
You seem to be really proud of your Taro kill and your red hot iron.

Aren't you mistaking something? Nobody said beating the boss is a grind. They said playing the game is a grind.

Your Taro kill, hate to say it but it doesn't mean shit dude, all that shows is that you unlocked all the floors, which means you did the first step. What you call "completely optional shit" is the endgame, and the focal point of this game, they're not adding more floors, they're adding more gear and materials.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Beating the four easy bosses that are meant to ease you into the game isn't the game. Its the tutorial, the grind IS the game.

>>379470603
Read above and calm down.
>>
>>379466347
People did what the title told them to do.
>>
>>379470554
>Red Hot Iron d-doesn't c-count it's too op in this single player game!!

>>379470635
we're discussing whether or not it's a grind to finish the game or not. not whether it's a grind to craft and upgrade every item in the game. please keep up
>>
>>379470759
>we're discussing whether or not it's a grind to finish the game or not.
Literally nobody is discussing that you fucking moron, you're the only one going on about it.
>>
File: 13425155289.jpg (17KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
13425155289.jpg
17KB, 200x219px
>>379470725
>beating the game isn't beating the game
Mate...
>>
The people saying "it's not a grind!!" with this game always baffled me. Do they have no taste or are they just overly forgiving of shit design?

The pacing of a Dark Souls/Nioh/The Surge type game has never relied heavily on repeating old content over and over again to acquire the right materials to upgrade gear. You're usually presented with a challenging enemy or area, and once you get a grasp of the mechanics you can smash your way through it.

The first 2 "areas" of this game have great pacing, but after you beat the second stamp boss it just comes to a grinding halt of tedium. The enemies and attack animations stay super similar throughout, the damage numbers just go up to facilitate the need to farm more rare materials. The first boss of the carnival world is so dumb, it's just the same boss with a whole lot of added sponginess and damage.

The mushroom system was cool at first but as the mushrooms stop being fun items you can use to creatively get through areas safely and start being near-necessities you have to grind out in addition to gear, the game just becomes so boring. Progress feels as slow as mollasses.
>>
>>379470874
>Beating taro is beating the game.

Show me all your let it die achievements, not just the taro one.

Actually, show me your in-game book, the stat parts that shows progression.
>>
>>379470759
>we're discussing whether or not it's a grind to finish the game or not.

No, we're not. We're discussing the game in general, as is the subject of the thread.
And in general, the grind is noticable once you hit a certain floor and is very unbearable.
>>
File: gg no re.png (87KB, 200x219px) Image search: [Google]
gg no re.png
87KB, 200x219px
>>379470261
>Everyone is wrong except for me.
>>
>>379466694
was super easy once you realized that if you just rushed to the floors that let you get to the new tiers of characters, you could pretty much use bare fists through all the content previous to it, and mushrooms could carry you the rest of the way.
>>
>>379470725
but it's content that you don't have to repeat if you don't want to. yes, after beating taro I made some armor sets and weapons which of course WAS A GRIND. but in order to simply beat the game it is not mandatory to pay or grind anything. continuing to grind after beating Taro is INCONSEQUENTIAL as it unlocks no new content or bosses, just more equipment which only matter if you want to 100% the game which of course would be incredibly tedious to do

>>379470814
Then why the fuck are you replying to me if you're not discussing what I've been discussing the entire time? my original fucking point was that you don't need to grind to beat Taro which is the end of the game's actual content besides Jackals, which don't unlock any new ending cutscenes which renders them mostly irrelevant to my argument
>>
>>379468512
>>379470874

>I beat the game.
>Shows taro, the floor 40 boss achievement.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>379471135
I'm gonna be honest with you, your posts up to now have been so brainded retarded that I can't even be assed to read your posts any more.

The game is a grind, the end.
>>
>>379471119
But what if nothing but shitty mushrooms spawn?
>>
>>379471208
/thread
>>
>>379471151
I hope you've never said you beat a game like New Vegas since you probably didn't collect every single item from the world and all containers. After all that is the only thing that counts towards beating a game
>>
>>379467352
Goddamn it Uncle Death, i can never hate you
>>
>>379471273
>Ask what she meant by claiming she beat the game but only posting the second to last boss achievement.
>She goes on a rant about New Vegas.

Are you okay?
>>
>>379471208
Cool, thanks for conceding after making no arguments
>>
File: 1316613609910.jpg (23KB, 274x281px) Image search: [Google]
1316613609910.jpg
23KB, 274x281px
>>379467352
>The moment I decided to quit was when I realized I had the game running for 72 hours but only played like three hours, the rest just sitting in my base so I can't be invaded.
Oh my God, this.
>>
>>379471370
You're still at it? That's really cute.
>>
>>379471367
what, the Jackals? they have no boss screens and are optional and irrelevant to the main "quest" line
>>
File: F4hsbrn[1].png (189KB, 1177x1441px) Image search: [Google]
F4hsbrn[1].png
189KB, 1177x1441px
>>379470331
I posted a big list of changes they made here : >>379468513
I had a second whole big post ready but for some faggot reason it keeps thinking it's spam, so rip. Gyaku shows up nearly guaranteed 90% of the time on wednesdays/fridays/sundays now (has all types of metal now instead of just DOD) on two different floors (one for green/blue, one for red/black)

White Steel stuff uses barely any tier 5 mats compared to Jackal stuff at all, plus if you get the new tier of dragonbuster sword you can bullshit his ass as shown here >>379470092
>>
>>379471449
>what, the Jackals?
Holy shit I actually fell for it. This whole time I thought I was arguing with another player, turns out its a fucking moron that copied someone else's achievement screenshot.
>>
>>379471449
also their gear was complete fucking shit when I was playing, so I had no reason to include them in the optional grinding that I did do after killing Taro
>>
>>379471239
mushrooms are abundant, and the only one that was particularly rare was the invisishroom, which you really only needed ~5 of to beat the game if you were trying to go REALLY FAST.
Scorpion shrooms and guard shrooms carry you through the entirety of the 4th stage (and the repair shrooms obviously), 3rd stage is pretty easy using looted weapons, and only the teleporty shooty boss needed an invisishroom there, the other bosses had very predictable moves. The final boss of the 3rd stage could be defeated with a snailshroom, and the second area's final boss was more of a test of if you have headphones on or not.
>>
>>379471537
Look me up if you want retard. The Jackals aren't a boss and are thus irrelevant to the point I initially made
>>
>>379466347
Too much pay to win. Too much multiplayer focus.
Not enough variety in gameplay and level design and environment.
>>
>>379468513
Did they buff any of the existing 5 star gear? I think what I have (didn't play since december) Is a 5 star katana and a 5 star paladin set, that's upgraded not looted.
>>
>>379471649
>>379471649
>Look me up if you want retard.
There's no Anonymous profile fuck off dude you clearly never played it, I'm not talking about Jackals I'm talking about the last boss moron.
>>
>>379467703
Yeah it's really sad. For me, it was hard but fair to get to the Carnevla level. I was so happy to finally beat through the previous Level an Boss, but Carneval devastated me. I'm just not good enough, and it takes so much coins to get your char back...

>inba git gud
but honestly, I'd love to play it more if it wasnt F2P because I'm not paying money to get my characters back
>>
>>379471806
If it's some shit added after February then I don't care because I haven't played it since or kept up with it much. Enlighten me as to what comes after Taro besides Death's cutscene.
>>
>>379471746
Yeah. They've been staggering the release and releasing 3 at a time every few weeks. I assume its to get people to upgrade/use the garbage weapons first. Here's the weapons with a fourth tier :

Dragonbuster Sword - The one handed one, not Katana
Iron Hammer
Buzzsaw
Glinty Magnum
Rocket Launcher (they added a rocket launcher by the way)
Hockey Stick

Here's the armors : Splatter 13, Agamemnon, Night Scout, DIY, Trucker, and Guerilla

The White Steel stuff is way better (13x durability and almost no effectiveness loss even right before it breaks), but they cost about 200k each and require you to fight the new boss White Steel to unlock blueprints for it. They also need special metals to get to +3 and +4 (one weapon needs them at every stage though), but they're still really effective without it.
>>
>>379471996
>its not a grind because I don't play the game any more.
>I've finished the game even though I've only killed second to last boss.

So basically you didn't finish the game and you didn't collect anything, and we should believe you its not a grind because.... what? Your Autism deserves sympathy?
>>
>>379469781
>continue climbing tower
You mean grinding the same few levels as you've reached a point where you need specific shit to cheese the game and a lot?

You want to frame it as always climbing up but that is not true, you will hit walls if you can push through the shit parts
>>
>>379466347
You let it die
>>
>>379472082
Yeah, he's been bending the facts for a while now so that he appears like he's making sense, you really should have ignored the retard after this little outburst >>379470603
>>
File: mRMzMGY[1].jpg (166KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
mRMzMGY[1].jpg
166KB, 1024x768px
>>379471996
New Boss named White Steel that is can deactivate Guardshrooms, Invisible Shrooms, and Time Slow Shrooms.

They also nerfed the drop rate out of Guardshrooms/Invisible Shrooms/Time Slow Shrooms/Brainshrooms/Fun Fungus into the fucking ground, but made it easier to get metals by making Gyakufunsha guaranteed on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday

Two months ago they put this schedule up on the dev stream. So probably trailer for next floors at e3 with release later this month or early july
>>
>>379472061
Feeek, I'm so turned off by the grind, I've been getting the patches since I quit thinking I might come back but that shit is still such a massive turnoff, maybe I come back when they give a new tier to Muramasa and Last Paladin set, or if they add a set of floors where you can reliably grind out T5 mats so I can make some of those Jackal blueprints I've been hoarding.
>>
>>379472073
No answer and no argument because you're merely shitposting. I'm done here.

>>379472082
The only "wall" I recall hitting was goto 23 like everyone else. Had to do 3 expedition rounds to get enough axes. Though I still made progress on side floors while doing that. And no doing side floors isn't fucking grinding anymore than doing side quests in rpgs are

>>379472217
Hey thanks for being the only person in this thread that isn't a bitter whiny faggot. Sounds cool, might have to give him a go. Though I'm sure there's like 80gb of updates now.
>>
>>379472217
>Tokyo Death Metro V2

Holy shit, finally a chance of making it not garbage with only the purpose of making all your currencies disappear every time you log out?

Also did they still keep the "you no longer get raided after being logged out for 2 days straight"? Because if yes I might actually still have my diamond rating. If you're still playing, could you check if Anedime is still on Georgia (USA) leaderboard?
>>
>>379472371
Holy shit this level of passive aggressive faggotry is making me cringe.
>>
>>379472475
>le cringe
Suddenly it's blatantly apparent what I've been dealing with here. You got me good, I'll admit. Though I don't have much else to do right except argue about inane shit with my friends on /v/ anyways.
>>
File: uncle refreshment.jpg (66KB, 620x515px) Image search: [Google]
uncle refreshment.jpg
66KB, 620x515px
Game gave me everything I wanted. I need nothing more at this point.

May need to uninstall it from the PS4 though. Eats up data like a starving child.
>>
>>379472304
probably gonna get a release date for the new floors during E3, but if you want I'm sure you could just wait for the katana or another popular weapon to get a fourth form.

>>379472371
He costs 10k on bitch mode, 30k on hard mode, and 100k on nightmare mode a go

Nightmare mode will guaranteed you any one of the boss gear/weapon blueprints (can be a fucking dupe, and if you want the whole set prepare for fucking dupes) or a 44CE metal used to max out the gear. He drops blueprints for the legs/helmet pretty often on hard mode. While I did fight him legit a few times, you can one hit kill him on nightmare with raging bull decals and the dragonbuster's counter attack hopped up on stingshroom and dragonshroom.
>>
>32 posters.
>31 people agree its a grind.
>1 retard claims its not a grind.
>Also X doesn't count because other games do it.
>Also Y doesn't count because I don't do it.
>Also Z doesn't count because someone else will do it.
>Also A doesn't count because new vegas will do it.
>Also B doesn't count because JRPGs.
This is getting sad to watch.
>>
I think I'm doing something wrong in this game. I want to continue playing, but I am really really stuck in the carneval area. Does someone have any tips for me how to get better weapons or really good money farming? Besides raiding
>>
>>379472604
Sounds interesting. Good to see some more substantial content being released now. Did they retroactively remove anything from inventories or anything like that? Can't remember all the decals I had but I know I had a few really good ones like the premium Bulls and Serial Killer.
>>
>>379472763
The carnival is exactly when the F2P hits you. Enjoy grinding. Even if you got the express pass, you're gonna have to grind.
>>
>>379466347
>have a elder god tier OST
>can't listen to any of the songs outside the safe room

That's what went wrong. It's fucking criminal.
>>
>>379472840
>Still pretending like he played the game.

Just let it go dude, nobody believes you.
>>
>>379472880
That's what I thought too unfortunately :/ I don't remember how far I made it exactly, but It's just retarded difficult for me. I think the last thing before I dropped it was farming Green Wolf Material or whatever it's called

Any tips on whats the best weapons? I pretty much rely on the butterfly knife to save my ass and it works like 70% of the time...
>>
>>379472763
1 - Make a lucky star
2 - Go to Floor 9 Nashiyoguchi
3 - Kill the hater
4 - Go to Floor 8 Meta-Koya
5 - Kill the hater
6 - Repeat steps 2-5

Then buy some red/black metals at the floor 27 Yukiyoshi shop for 40k/50k each on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday. If you have any of these armors, focus on upgrading those ones.

If you're stuck at 23 or 26's bosses, jew your way through with whatever shrooms/found gear you can.

Also here's some reddit faggot's map : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DvNDTmy_4P72C1ly4xMYItO6gb17EtdI3XuHFzAcX4Y/edit#gid=1353594331
>>
>>379472763
Find the Red Hot Iron blueprint. upgrade them as much as you can. bring like 3 with you and only use them on armored enemies and haters to break armor. after armor is broken enemies are way more manageable and can be killed with just random pickup weapons or the machete if you get a blueprint for them

floor 20+ is when people hit the "grind wall" as they call it which can mostly be avoided by making the Iron. also I don't know if it's still incredibly broken or not, but the Iron's parry move trivializes most of the game
>>
>>379473035

Holy shit this sounds awful
>>
>all these butthurt normies who didn't just stack guardshrooms and stingshrooms to cheese their way through
>all these butthurt niggers who actually bothered to do the post-game grind just to kill the jackals and get their gear for literally no purpose other than completionism
>>
>>379472950
Nice, you too :)
>>
Only elevator girl had tiddies. If more had then the game would not die.
>>
>>379473096
>Find the Red Hot Iron blueprint.
Its this retard again.

>You can avoid the grind by grinding for a thing.
>>
>>379473035
>>379473096
Alright thx for the tips, I think I will pick up the game again. This thread made me really want to play (even though I'm scared)
>>
i put expeditions in so u can grind will u grind senpai
>>
File: StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg (119KB, 846x846px) Image search: [Google]
StraightOuttaSomewhere.jpg
119KB, 846x846px
>>379473176
>:)
>>
>>379473208
It takes only common materials which you pick up as you're going along anyways

>but the DOD metal
incredibly common
>>
>>379473208
It's ALWAYS on the ninth floor in a side room, I can't remember the name but it starts wtih Y
>>
>>379473240
Carnival is easily the worst part, the rest may be underwhelming after going over this hill though. Good luck.
>>
>>379473243
Hurdur its not a grind, if collecting hundreds of materials, farming for a specific bleuprint, and killing thousands of identical enemies is grinding then every game is grinding durrhurrur.
>>
>>379473291
You can't use the same joke I already made towards you
>>
>>379473035
woops, forgot the armors, here they are :

Splatter 13, Agamemnon, Night Scout, DIY, Trucker, and Guerilla

they're the best because they have a tier 4 upgrade for late game that will let you farm white steel. if you have the masamune/katana blueprint, upgrade that shit and it will work all the way till the end of the game

>>379473109
yeah, 21/30 is the first real difficulty/gear check. enemy hp goes up, damage goes up, and room for error

but if you think it sounds like it sucks dick, you should have been around at launch. the secret shop only sold D.O.D. shit (most of the DOD gear was garbage until you got to the final tier which required materials only on 31-40), the only black metal farmable for most people was candlewolf, and they didn't have this wednesday/friday/sunday shop thing with mats from higher floors available to buy
>>
>>379473402
Oh so you were shitposting, okay.
>>
>>379470069
they're called forcemen, the first ones out now are white steel
https://twitter.com/letitdiethegame/status/857429195277848576?lang=en

i cant beat them so i cant tell you anything else
>>
>>379473096
>You can avoid grinding by grinding.

Really makes you think.
>>
>>379473484
Yes sweetie, that's what we all do here on /v/ - Video Games
>>
File: 60354123_p0.jpg (653KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
60354123_p0.jpg
653KB, 707x1000px
apperently info on new floors and forcemen coming this e3
>>
>>379473597
>When you get so triggered you have to resort to speaking like a grandmother.
>>
>>379473035
AND ONE LAST THING, SHIT I KEEP FORGETTING

Because of the Wednesday/Friday/Sunday Gyakufunsha shit, you can actually upgrade your iron to it's third stage very easily (all third stages are equal to five star for all gear) before you hit floors 31+ now, and it uses luck so you can equip it on almost any class.

2x Steel, 2x Pure Aluminum, 1x Reversal Metal, 1x D.O.D. ARMS Red Metal : Reversal is 50k coins, steel/aluminum are 8k each, and DOD arms red metal is 50k. If you make this shit, you can bypass literally the rest of the floor 21-30 slog, but it requires access to floor 27, and you need to do this on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday
>>
It would be cool if the game had some multiplayer lke the souls games. I'd love to play with a buddy
>>
>>379473035
>>379473685
Well that's easy as long as i'm not grinding, and doing all that doesn't count as grinding because i'll have everything I need at some point.
>>
>>379473591
What do you have to ground for in that post?
I feel like non of you people were around for the generals, where we all did the most powergaming broken shit available because we could and no one whined about shit nearly as much as here

rip
>>
>>379473590
apperently beating him with melee normally has a lot to do with being chased around like benny hill and then hitting him

also only really hitting him when he taunts or you dodge the third hit of his melee combo
>>
>>379471135
>he doesn't know about white steel
>>
Post your favourite OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrOXTADrIjw
>>
File: thanks mate.png (9KB, 408x119px) Image search: [Google]
thanks mate.png
9KB, 408x119px
>>379473685
very much appreciated!
>>
>>379473659
>so new he doesn't know sweetieposting
you're digging yourself deeper
>>
>>379473590
>>379473780
>normally

refer to >>379470092 for the faggot method
>>
The big ass file size
But "lol games just do that to prevent piracy"
its a f2p
>>
>>379473759
>The game isn't grinding because I exploited broken balancing to beat a boss.

Really gets the synapses firing.
>>
>>379471996
>trophy whore arguing with people who actually played the game past trophies
>>
>>379473845
no prob

if anyone else has any questions, I'm a dumb faggot who actually has been playing the game again for the last month so I am very familiar with all the faggotry. I'd post my steam username or something to answer questions, but I'm not sure if I'm that big of a faggot
>>
PS4 players don't play niche games.
>>
tsw a whole bunch of new mushrooms and fish introduced which only a chance to produce confusion/groggy and a FAR more common then the old fish/brain shroom now so invasions are actually rare for me
>>
>>379472419
>Also did they still keep the "you no longer get raided after being logged out for 2 days straight"?

No, I'm pretty sure I've gotten guys at 6 days. 4 for sure.
>>
>>379474063
yeah, and if you're using rank 5 haters people will invade you WAY less out of fear that you have 5 white steel defenders with white steel vibrators or tier 4 weapons or some shit
>>
>>379473923
>I didn't use game mechanics and features because I'm too "honourable" or too new to have been around before they were nerfed
Where's your non mushroom kill video on every boss then? I mean they're clearly broken and not intended to be used, so I hope you've never even thought of trying a shroom

>>379473938
>trophy whore
>when I made it very clear that I didn't 100% the game because I didn't have to to beat it
what did you possibly mean by that?
>>
>>379473759
Its a faggot trying to throw in "none of you were around" so he can pretend he was an oldfag.

Fuck off with your January 21st completion you literal fucking tryhard.
>>
>>379474123
yep even just having 4th form gear is enough to get people off your backs

if ANYONE sees you have that one decal that NEGATES Groggy AND confusion

you'd only get raided once a month
>>
>>379473685
you keep memeing the iron so hard, i might actually believe you on it being good
>>
>>379473780
im pretty sure im way too weak
i need to get back to NOT GRINDING
>>
>>379474179
you missed your meme arrow buddy
and I would've beaten it earlier but I didn't feel like buying a ps4 until my friend sold his to me around Jan 6th. was in the generals in mid December because the game's design and art sucked me in hard
>>
>>379474239
its not the best weapon endgame (hoo boy its fucking annoying though, fuck up a roll/dodge and it'll shred your armor durability in TDM), but 1 dod red and 1 reversal metal for the first form is enough to get people able to advance/farm without too much trouble

masamune/katana is the good shit though till you beat the game.

if you want though, dragon buster is shittier BUT has a fourth form that can one hit kill the new boss with shrooms/decals
>>
>>379466347
>f2p model
>extreme amounts of grinding without a way to actually buy your way through them like you would expect of an f2p game
>unpredictable and unbalanced bosses
>aggravating RNG for boss drops and decal rolls
>a system which prevents you from amassing any kind of a large sum of resources for fear of losing it
>extremely wonky targeting
>ruthless penalties for dying
>levels assembled from the same pieces quickly get repetitive
>uneven difficulty curve, and an even more uneven equipment power curve
>obtuse mechanics which basically require you to consult a guide for any remote shot at being efficient at the game
>>
>>379474131
>The game isn't a grind because you don't have a video beating a boss without mushrooms.

Really gets the ol' cogs turnin'

>and I would've beaten it earlier but

HAHAHAHA oh wow. Good thing you have a convenient excuse huh?
>>
File: 1471030470697.jpg (14KB, 256x345px) Image search: [Google]
1471030470697.jpg
14KB, 256x345px
>build a map/table of resources in google spreadsheets because I'm an autist
>burn out
>keeping the table up-to-date is the only thing that brings me back to LID occasionally
eh
>>
>>379474501
ok
>>
>>379474389
>and I would've beaten it earlier but I didn't feel like buying a ps4 until my friend sold his to me around Jan 6th. was in the generals in mid December because the game's design and art sucked me in hard.

https://www.pw.org/grants

>>379474665
You the guy uncle perv ripped off all his lists from?

>>379474683
Don't strain too hard, you already used up all your imagination on that colorful explanation how you were visiting the game general logn before you even knew you were going to have the console. Fucking moron.
>>
>>379474397
i can't play anyone since i need to download the update. annoying.
>>
ALSO A BIG HEADS UP - http://www.letitdiewiki.jp/

Use google translate, it has way more info available on materials/gear/weapons than the non jap wiki, and now that I'm looking at it, it apparently has mini articles for shit like farming methods and drop rates
>>
>>379474734
Thankfully no, I'm the guy who's constantly going MUH ROTATION TABLE.
>>
>>379474734
>can't be interested in a game without owning the console
guess all those hyped up nintenbros are fake fans because they wanted BotW before the switch came out

Not even sure what you're so bitter about anymore. Oh well.
>>
>>379474914
Ah. I checked out redit to see what's new earlier and noticed there were no more "uncle perv's durrhurr" posts. I guess he finally got his shit pushed in by the community for plagiarizing all his guides from /vg/
>>
>>379474997
How many half-baked analogies can you pull out of your ass in one day? Its not working, you're just digging the hole deeper.
>>
>>379475074
>appending your nickname to the guide's name
First sign of a shitter.
And no, his "guides" are still in the sidebar despite being outdated.
>>
>>379475074
good riddance
>>
>Get to the final boss
>Realise it doesnt fucking matter and stop
>>
>>379475134
You keep setting them up by repeating dumb shit and being angry that I had an opinion contrary to your own.

>grr stop defending yourself when I spew personal bullshit about you
>>
>>379475226
You didn't have an opinion, you fucking lied. Why the fuck you're shilling a f2p game is beyond me, but you're fucking wrong, the game is a grind the end. As long as you're gonna act like a fucking imbecile shitting out dozens of retarded dead end false analogies you deserve nothing else. Go fuck yourself dipshit your mother will die in her sleep tonight if you don't leave this thread right now.
>>
>>379466347
A pretty good game but plagued with one too many drains due to it being F2P.

Having an option to strip elevator costs permanently and maybe like a salvage discount for buying the game for $60 would have maybe done it a lot of good.
>>
>>379475420
lol. I can only imagine how you act on a daily basis. but alright, see you kiddo

game still isn't p2w or grind no matter how much you and every other mouthbreather cries about it. don't bother replying
>>
>>379475607
>LID
>isn't grindy
u fuckin wot m8
>>
File: festive.jpg (14KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
festive.jpg
14KB, 250x250px
>>379466347
Here is my personal reason for quitting
>going through like normal, maybe 2-3 floors out from my starting place
>get stuck in a trap room, the one with the two scissor hand robots + turrets, no issue I know their patterns and how to manage it
>Surprise one of the two robots is a hater with a knife
>hes 6 times my level
>okay it's fine, take the fight slow and pace myself for a little over two minutes of grinding down his health
>get tapped once by his knife
>die from full health and armor
>>
>floor #1
>new character that needs to level up
>Lv50 hater behind train (you know which one)
why do they do this?
>>
>>379476117
because you have mushrooms
>>
>>379475940
I THINK they fixed it so you can't invade shitter/low level players anymore unless you're around the same level. You couldn't before unless you were in a fight. You might still be able to do it for revenge for a raid

>>379476117
what level are you? I usually just have my haters kill some birds for a few hundred exp so they can get some starting strength/hp
>>
>>379475940
>willingly entering an inescapable room with a chance of a hater spawning when you know you're severely underleveled

>>379475940
>not maxing out the fighter with golden animals before even leaving the waiting room
>>
>>379476417
birds?
>what level are you?
It happens on brand new characters that range from level 1-20
>>
>>379476442
>implying he knew what he was doing so he could avoid the trap

get fucked
>>
>>379476797
Trap rooms are very obvious.

Or did you mean
>implying he knew what he was doing
That he was shit at the game? In that case I concur.
>>
>>379476795
You can't meet a lv 50 hater if 20 is your max lvl.
>>
>>379476795
Oh they're a higher level animal.

If you're still on 1-10, have you figured out expeditions? You can send out alt characters on supply runs where they'll find hater style almost broke gear, mushrooms, and some coins/SPL
>>
File: LoneWOLF2272-3768960_491_650.jpg (292KB, 491x650px) Image search: [Google]
LoneWOLF2272-3768960_491_650.jpg
292KB, 491x650px
I was enjoying the game a fucking ton until I hit what was essentially a gear/grind wall.
I was near floor 30 and my weapons just did pitiful damage and broke by the time I finished 1 floor so I had to keep picking up the random shit I found.
So I was just grinding mats to upgrade my armor and weapons but I just lost interest because I was barely even playing the game anymore.
I was doing menial no thought or skill required tasks so I could go back to playing the game.

Would love to see someone else take some of the good concepts in this game and apply them differently

Also, absolutely love the art direction and I have a thing for Gas Masks
>>
>>379477180
They eased out the grind since launch. On Wednesday/Friday/Sunday gyakufunsha shows up on the floor 27 that starts with Y 90% of the time.

He sells all types of black metals now all the time (MILK BLACK CRISIS ENDED), and during the event he sells resources from the floor above as well.

Relevant follow up to this info - >>379473685
>>
>>379476442
you know some trap rooms hide the enemies until you enter and can be the only way to progress through a floor right?
>>379476442
you know that the game caps your max level to the set of floors you're on making it impossible to match someone 6 times your level right?
remember there are tiers of fighters? those numbers are just there for no reason.
>>
>>379477379
>the game caps your max level to the set of floors you're on
That's not how it works.

>remember there are tiers of fighters?
Yes, I do. You can't meet a higher tier of fighter than the one you already have.
>>
File: gasmask3.jpg (46KB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
gasmask3.jpg
46KB, 500x240px
>>379477347

That's actually pretty fucking cool.
I might ReDL the game to have some fun again.
>>
>>379477519
>everyone who has played the game has played it under the current patches rules of haters not before when people could easily be twink invaded

fuck off I'm not going to argue with someone being disingenuous on purpose, enjoy the last you
>>
>>379477978
I've played since the start, anon. It was always the case and you're making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>379477519
>That's not how it works.
He explained it pretty poorly but you cannot reach the higher levels with low tier of fighters.
The tiers have level caps

Tiers unlock as you progress, so he's not wrong.
>>
>>379467352
so the ending is playing games with death for all eternity?why do we hate this game again?
>>
>>379471612
they nerfed the drop rates of those godlike mushrooms unfortunately.
>>
>>379466347
Personally I thought the gameplay was sorta clunky with its movement.
>>
I knew the game was a grindfest within 2 hours and dropped it.

And coming from Bloodborne the combat was laughable.
>>
File: IMG_20170407_122517-2320x1740.jpg (1MB, 2320x1740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170407_122517-2320x1740.jpg
1MB, 2320x1740px
>>379466347
The western audience.
>>
If this was a game made by a proper company and not made to be a f2p Grind Fest with Pay to Win unless you wanna grind for days at a time.

It'd honestly be one of the best games I've ever played. It's has so much potential ruined by the fact it's under funded, and built on a paying network.
>>
Played it, completed it, decided to finish things off by getting Uncle Death's Scythe, found all the stamp machines, handed over the blueprints, saw the requirements to actually get it made, stopped playing.
>>
>>379480257
The best part is the memetana is still better
>>
>>379480503
More than half of the weapons are better.
>>
>>379480136
Its not pay to win, but it is a grindfest
>>
>>379480503
>>379480556

I guess either it was overpowered and made the game trivial or it was underpowered and pointless. I just wanted to end on a nice note and instead my final reward was more grinding.
>>
File: 1481358736915.jpg (605KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481358736915.jpg
605KB, 1920x1080px
Is it weird that I have no real desire to beat the whole game, yet enjoy it anyways? I know its a grind but its entertaining, and I like taking my time and going through the floors to get better. But its just so fucking big that I can't see myself ever actually beating it, and yet I'm okay with that. I guess I'm just a slut for grinding, and this is a fun game for that.
>>
>>379466347
Absolutely no new content and PAY2WIN
>>
>>379480747
In the sense you don't need to pay to complete the game, it's true. But paying still gives you a huge benefit in multiplayer beyond anyone else. And the fact that the later floors are practically retarded without paying.

Of course, everything is doable. But spending like 20 hours to be on par with another player in Multiplayer is retarded.
>>
>>379480257
>saw the requirements to actually get it made
This is pretty much my reaction to both the Scythe and everything related to Jackals. They're vanity items that would take weeks of solid grinding just to get one level of and you'd need a proper path that never changes.
>>
>>379480895
>Absolutely no new content
Well that's untrue.
Still no new floors though.
>>
>>379480136
Heres something for you. Deep Down was going to play the same way, you descend through floors with various themes and return to a hub with materials to craft armor and weapons. The futuristic apartment is the hub where you organize and craft things, was F2P too.
Big differences though are the setting obviously, you could select perks that would apply for that run and there was Coop also that is doesnt exist and is no longer in development, which was probably smart since they were turning it into a retail game I like these kind of "push forward, see how far you can get" games, but LiD took the grind a bit too seriously past a point, sure you can run past everything and get to the boss but its not fun at all to do this, you want to play the game, not just finish it.
>>
>>379480946
Wot benefit are you talking about?

The only sort of pay to win thing I've seen at all is that retarded 35 dollar decal pack, and even then those are in the mushroom stew pool.
>>
>>379480946
>paying still gives you a huge benefit in multiplayer
Like what, the ability to abandon a raid? That's not really useful most of the time.
>later floors are practically retarded without paying
In what way?
>>
File: 132134435454.jpg (16KB, 267x274px) Image search: [Google]
132134435454.jpg
16KB, 267x274px
>What went wrong?

Nothing, Suda51's meta-commentary was completely successful.

It's a game built on the idea of not getting too attached to anything. It was a fun free romp until the F2P kicked in and it became a massive grind, at which point you're supposed to drop the game and move on with your life.

We Let It Dieā„¢
>>
>>379481064
You can abandon raids without premium, it opens the doors at 1:30
>>
>>379481280
The good news - they buffed the gyakufunsha shop to have all metals, and have an event 3 days a week where it has red metals and 4/5 star materials on floor 27

Bad news - there's a new boss that costs 100k coins a go that requires 16 new metals to max out its new endgame super shit, but the metal has roughly a 1/4 droprate from him
>>
>>379481329
Exactly.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.