[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Punished Samurai Jack of vidya?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Who is the Punished Samurai Jack of vidya?
>>
>>379464983

We all got duped into thinking it was going to be kino
>>
>>379464983
Ashi ruined the entire season.
>>
>>379465161
You can't deny the first 3 episodes were pretty fucking great.

If they'd allowed more episodes (Say 16/18) and paced out the character development and had him keep the beard / future weapons till near the very end when he fights Aku for the final time and he 'dresses' himself in his original garb it would have been pure kino.

Also the final fight needed to be epic (like Aku & his Father fight scene), not Aku running scared in the past.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>379465339
No, Jack's had too many awesome showdowns with Aku, and it always ends up in frustration. Him going through the portal, ending up back in the past, and killing Aku like the bitch he is is pure unmitigated catharsis. Jack's proven himself to be Aku's superior time and time again, what the fuck is another big battle going to do except draw out the inevitable?

You're way too in love with the whole "Punished Jack" meme to see this season for the excellent bookend it really was.
>>
>>379465518
I never once complained about the later episodes, i'm not this >>379465226 guy. All i said was the first 3 episodes were kino as fuck and that the pacing wasn't great and neither was losing the punished jack so early.

That aside it would have been to see Aku fight for his life at the end and hold his own against Jack with nowhere to run for a short time. It felt extremely underwhelming watching Aku die so easily after all the shit he'd done.
>>
>>379465642
But that's the point, Aku's been blue-balling Jack for 50 fucking years. Jack proved himself able to beat Aku again and again and again, and he just can't finish him off because Aku gets away.
Beating him again in the future just means he's going to have to beat him again in the past, and why the fuck would Jack do that to himself? He just fought Ashi for the last five minutes, I think he'd want to just cut the bullshit and kill that motherfucker in the past.
Oh, and you are absolutely wrong, the final fight needed to be Aku running away like a coward because the tables needed to be truly turned. Like I said, it was cathartic as fuck and a more protracted fight would have ruined that.
>>
File: index.jpg (14KB, 159x318px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
14KB, 159x318px
>>379465941
I can see where you're coming from going over what you've written. The ending was extremely underwhelming having watched all previous seasons prior to watching the final season as it aired.

I guess you're in favour of the whole Ashi love plot then? I get that Jack had to come full circle but part of me wished he'd have remained in the future or that what had basically taken place prior to him setting out on his quest had still taken place.
>>
>>379465226
This
>>
>>379464983
Big Boss. Everyone anticipated his return in MGS5, expecting it to be kino, but it turned into a steaming pile of shit after the first couple of missions, getting progressively worse with an underused villain, a shitty tacked on love interest, forced "deep" moments with no substance, lack of appearances/screentime or popular side characters, and a disappointing and rushed ending.
>>
>>379465226
I thought it was still okay, but yeah the romance part was shoehorned in. That ending felt rushed too, should have just ended it once he slayed Aku.
>>
>>379464983
the first 3 episode were Amazing. the other episodes were alright. its just the ending that i didint like.
>>
>>379464983
they should have let punished jack be a thing for awhile longer and give him back his sword and gi at the final episode when he faces aku.
>>
>>379466103
Really? Because I did the same as you and felt the ending was almost perfect.
I liked Ashi, yes. She was a good character in her own right, and also allowed for character development for Jack.
>>
>>379468198
Oh i liked Ashi as well, i just didn't like how forced and quick the final episode was.
>>
>>379464983
ashi
>>
>>379466103

You can't spell A shit without Ashi
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.