[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why was this bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: Final-Fantasy-XV-covers-5.jpg (343KB, 1197x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Final-Fantasy-XV-covers-5.jpg
343KB, 1197x1500px
why was this bad?
>>
>>379463913
Hajime Tabata
>>
>>379464051
Most of the game was set in stone by the time he replaced Nomura. Nomura spent 6 years directing it.
>>
>>379464145
>Most of the game was set in stone by the time he replaced Nomura
>Story got almost completely changed
Hmm.
>>
>>379464051
FPBP

>Speaking with Game Informer, director Hajime Tabata says the narrative direction was entirely intentional – namely the important events that happened off-screen. “It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”

>With this sort of narrative design philosophy in hand, Tabata said it was only natural to increase the proportion in which the main characters are depicted. “It’s not that we decreased the role of the side characters,” he explained. “Focusing on many characters in the game means that the allocation given to the main characters will decrease. Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story, we placed greater importance on the four main characters and strived to depict a world seen from their perspective.”
>>
File: 1409355263027.gif (16KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1409355263027.gif
16KB, 633x758px
>open world feels jank as fuck, just a standard jrpg with no loading between areas
>car is terrible, essentially a slow train, cant go off road or maneuver it at all
>story is inconsistent, hard to follow, major parts just not there
>barely any exploration or reward for doing so
>suffers from basically all the standard JRPG problems except they're worse because of the bad open world

That said, its a high 6/10 / low 7/10. The story is actually fantastic, its just told really poorly. If I can get emotional about a game I think is only above average months after playing just by listening to the track below, there's undoubtedly SOMETHING there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKMbHNja_0

It could have been so much more
>>
File: really 2.jpg (113KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
really 2.jpg
113KB, 640x360px
>>379464276

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Final_Fantasy_XV

>By June 2010, Nomura reported that the game's story, and the character and clothing designs had been completed. By June 2011, the game was reportedly still only in the pre-production phase.[28]

>the game's story was finished

Oh wow, fancy that. Also

>Tabata's new position as co-director and eventually as director was related to this change.[10][32] Intentions to turn the game into a musical after Nomura had seen the 2012 film adaptation of Les Misérables were vetoed by the higher-ups at Square Enix.[34]

As shit as 15 is, Nomura would have turned it into a goddamn fucking musical. A musical. Seriously. That hack should be fired alongside Tabata, as they both clearly have no clue what they're doing anymore.
>>
>>379464591
>Nomura would have turned it into a goddamn fucking musical.
And
>>
>>379464735
No wonder SE took him off the project that very same year. He's lost touch of what video games are.
If he wants to fuck off and do a musical he can go pitch his terrible Hot Topic garbage ideas to Broadway or whatever Japanese equivalent.
>>
>>379464821
>No wonder SE took him off the project that very same year. He's lost touch of what video games are.
>put him on their sacred cow 7RE
ok
>>
>>379464969
>he doesn't have to create anything
nice

which means he wouldn't make a musical, dumbass... what's your point? nobody can do damage to 7, it's already been designed
>>
>>379465175
>he doesn't have to create anything
>nice
>it's already been designed
so stupid
>>
>>379465367
yeah I'm sure he'll replace the entire cast with Hot Topic boyband tards.

the damage Nomura can do to FF7's world is limited, which is why he was put on it. they're putting him out to pasture in terms of creative power
>>
>>379463913

Let's take a series focused incessantly on cinematic set pieces and linear story and try to make it an open world free roaming game. What could go wrong!?

Also, having to restart development three times. An endless supply of money to the project no matter the results. And it's a Final Fantasy game. It was basically the same problems FFXIV had. But unlike FFXIV, it couldn't make tons of money with a quick remake and DLC shops. It had to be a solid single player game at launch. And they still tried to force DLC into it.
>>
>>379465458

>the damage Nomura can do to FF7's world is limited
What? He could completely destroy everything of FFVII if he wanted to. He could complete rewrite the plot, make the game an ARPG, give every character voices that don't fit the characters and remove all the parts people like...

Oh wait.
>>
>>379463913
Game is beautiful, everything seems interesting, the only thing I had against it art-wise was that designs for monsters and certain characters were too detailed.
I should have liked it but instead dropped it soon after getting chocobos because of the shitty fighting system :
>Magic is uninteresting. Could have been spells with different attack patterns that you switched between like in Soulsborne games, but instead you only get molotov cocktails with different damage types.
>Ennemy attacks are poorly telegraphed wich is made even worse by their overly detailed designs and the fact that you often fights groups of 3+ ennemies. Wich means that fights are always a chaotic mess. It looks even worse when compared to Nier:A and Tales of games.
>Dungeons looks bland and uninteresting.
>No control over party members. Them having different stats is of no consequence since they end up all just charging the ennemy anyway. They only make fights more chaotic than they already are.
>Being attacked by a plain every 30 seconds gets boring rather quickly.
>They managed to make secondary quests even more boring than in Nier by stripping any bit of interesting story around it.

I guess I missed a lot of the interesting shit that comes later on, but even though I liked the characters I just couldn't find the motivation to go on. Persona 5 and Nier: Automata were just better despite their flaws.
When will the FF teams realize that flashy combat and good graphics alone don't make good games ?
>>
File: noctis is for UWWAAAAAGGGHHHH.png (182KB, 573x557px) Image search: [Google]
noctis is for UWWAAAAAGGGHHHH.png
182KB, 573x557px
>>379463913
It wasn't really remarkable. The story was a rushed mess despite its standout moments, and the vast majority of the game is running around doing sidequests and hunts for hours on end with a roadtrip flavor. It doesn't even really deliver on a satisfying open world given all the invisible walls, limited driving/flight and not even being able to use the Warp to its full potential.

And yet here I am having bought the fucking season pass and playing the game obsessively again to complete all the sidequests once and for all after I thought I was done with it back in December.
>>
>>379464591
Holy shit a fucking MUSICAL? That would have been way better than the shit we got.
>>
>>379466660
>I guess I missed a lot of the interesting shit that comes later on
You didn't. The latter portion of the game is a fucking mess and the worst thing about it.
>>
>>379466660
>Ennemy attacks are poorly telegraphed wich is made even worse by their overly detailed designs and the fact that you often fights groups of 3+ ennemies. Wich means that fights are always a chaotic mess. It looks even worse when compared to Nier:A and Tales of games.
Fucking Costlemark. I did that just yesterday finally and what the fuck were they thinking with ten flans, three red giants and that naga all at the same time? You can't even see half of what's going on without Wait Mode. And Gladio's episode also suffers from this combined with inconsistent hits/blocking, makes the parry mechanic a complete and utter crapshoot rather than skill-based.
>>
File: 1492195384692.jpg (26KB, 321x558px) Image search: [Google]
1492195384692.jpg
26KB, 321x558px
I stopped at chapter 13. The ravius lv 41 boss fight was absolutely garbage and totally unfair, the experience I need to level up vs the thought of doing a bunch of shitting repetitive side quest just to gain experience and money for weapons pissed me off even more and made me give up on the game. The whole chapter was awful and stealth section were horrible. That has to be the worst kind of videogame design for a final level or chapter to a game especially an rpg. The whole game didn't even feel like a normal rpg at all and fails to be a decent action rpg.
>>
>>379467582
The Ravus fight was terrible because your AI teammates would never dodge his one ability where he charges across the arena and they would always get incapacitated because of that, so I'd have to use one of my 9999 potions to pick them back up just to repeat the entire process.
What a mess.
>>
>>379467582
The Ravus fight was fucking stupid. The game really needed a tactics or orders menu where you could just tell all of your teammates to defend for a few seconds or get out of the way. Most of his big attacks can 1-hit kill you and they'll just run into him every time.
>>
File: 1474076777413.jpg (115KB, 388x388px) Image search: [Google]
1474076777413.jpg
115KB, 388x388px
It was bad because it was not made with intention for being great or a labor of love. It was made to sell.

Of course every game needs to sell, but Final Fantasy XV was meant to sell more then just to make a profit. They wanted it to do GTA5, Assassin Creed and Skyrim numbers. That's why they made sure they hit all the bullet-point of what makes AAA successful: Open-world, Action Combat, No focus on story, and the best Graphics on the market even if it harms the game.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.