[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doom was never good. No one will agree with this since every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: doom.jpg (71KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
doom.jpg
71KB, 404x600px
Doom was never good. No one will agree with this since every discussion around it is riddled with nostalgiafags
>>
>>379462858
I mean I barely played the first one two days ago and I really like it. So I think people just naturally like it.
>>
>>379462858
It's a great game, gameplay is pretty much timeless and visually whle it has aged it's still unique to look at.
>>
File: 1488613392414.png (115KB, 234x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488613392414.png
115KB, 234x250px
>>379462858
When fps started up, most gamers thought FPS was for low IQ drones who were of course drawn to extremely simplistic gameplay. Games appealing to the lowest common denominator has been steadily happening ever since.

Accept it and move on, gaming is not what it used to be and never will be again save for a very few outlying niche indie titles that will never gain any big financial or popular success.
>>
>>379463354

Doom is what makes you say gaming aint what it used to be? Am i misunderstanding your post or should i tell you to fucking kill yourself?
>>
>>379463718
if you ever talk to me like that again I'll kick your fucking ass.
>>
>>379463354

The more I read this the stupider it gets. You should indeed kill yourself, dumb grandpa frog poster
>>
>>379462858
your opinion is bad and you should feel bad
>>
>>379463354
>"gaming" is not what it used to be and never will be again

>>>/plebbit/
>>
>>379462858
People like it because its simply a fun and mindless shoot em up. Thats why its been ported to every game console since its release
>>
>>379462858
>nostalgiafags

Holy fuck am I TIRED. TIRED of kids like you posting with these stupid fucking terms. Honestly, when you come to a board such as this, YOU NEED to adapt. You CANNOT CONTINUE posting these trash terms, regardless of the topic. Your stupid, moronic terms have no place on a board such as this. You stick out so much, while scrolling through the board, it simply becomes hard to ignore the topic, even if I have no interest in the subject of the post, and so I must read this pointless, dull-witted trash, which causes me to waste valuable time, and to write out a post that, most probably, isn't even needed, but at the same time, perhaps it is, as it will send a message to you and your dim-witted like, that this trash is no longer welcome on this board or this very site, and is in fact better off on sites such as reddit or twitter, where this post will fit in better and not cause people to be concerned at the state of this board, and, indeed, the state of this website as a whole, and to the type of people and posters it attracts, and as a comparison to it's current situation and it's past.
>>
>>379462858
Played Doom for the first time maybe two weeks ago, and I've now beat it about 8 times. It's a good game.
>>
>>379463803
*bashes you skull in*
What was that? Oh wait, you can't talk because you're all fucked up.
>>
>>379462858
"hey look at me everyone, I'm different"
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>379464069
Shut the fuck up. I'm so tired of being disrespected on this goddamn website. All I wanted to do was post my opinion. MY OPINION. But no, you little bastards think it's "hilarious" to mock those with good opinions. My opinion. while not absolute, is definitely worth the respect to formulate an ACTUAL FUCKING RESPONSE AND NOT JUST A SHORT MEME OF A REPLY. I've been on this site for 4 years: 4 YEARS and I have never felt this wronged. It boils me up that I could spend so much time thinking and putting effort into things while you shits sit around (probably jerking off to Gardevoir or whatever furbait you like) and make fun of the intellectuals of this world. I've bored you? Good for fucking you. Literally no one cares that your little brain is to underdeveloped and rotted to comprehend my idea...MY GREAT GREAT IDEA. I could sit here all day whining, but I won't. I'm NOT a whiner. I'm a realist and an intellectual. I know when to call it quits and to leave the babybrains to themselves. I'm done with this goddamn site and you goddamn immature children. I have lived my life up until this point having to deal with memesters and idiots like you. I know how you work. I know that you all think you're
"epik trolls" but you're not. You think you baited me? NAH. I've never taken any bait. This is my 100% real opinion divorced from anger. I'm calm, I'm serene. I LAUGH when people imply I'm intellectually low enough to take bait. I always choose to reply just to spite you. I won. I've always won. Losing is not in my skillset. So you're probably gonna reply "lol epik trolled" or "u mad bro" but once you've done that you've shown me I've won. I've tricked the trickster and conquered memery. I live everyday growing stronger to fight you plebs and low level trolls who are probably 11 (baby, you gotta be 18 to use 4chan). But whatever, I digress. It's just fucking annoying that I'm never taken serious on this site, goddamn
>>
File: kig.jpg (194KB, 1950x1297px) Image search: [Google]
kig.jpg
194KB, 1950x1297px
>>379463354

Fucking casual faggots that need a screen and a narrative HANDED to them. Back in my day we used our imaginations and did the work ourselves

Playing isnt what it used to be, and casual faggots like you ruined it
>>
>>379464381
>even needing to fire those neurons
Fucking casuals
>>
>>379464327

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

See you on the chans...
>>
File: CRS1DO2.jpg (97KB, 1417x1417px) Image search: [Google]
CRS1DO2.jpg
97KB, 1417x1417px
Heretic was the better game
>>
>>379462858
the only thing that has been on more desktops than Doom is your mother
>>
>>379462858

You would think that but than you have so many people who have played Doom in the last couple of years and they love it.
>>
>>379462858
Doom is stellar man.
Great weapons, enemy design, level design, art direction, soundtrack, and the modding scene is among the liveliest in the genre after more than two decades.
You can't just disregard that kind of shit.
>>
>>379464618
Fuck off hipster.
>>
>>379462858
nigga u gay
>>
>>379462858

DOOM is as close to "objectively good" as games get. Even if you don't care for the genre, you have to respect what it did for it, and the impact it had on gaming. Chances are you're probably lacking a lot of context for not having been around when it came out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A4-SVUHQYI
>>
File: IMG_0089.jpg (93KB, 1024x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0089.jpg
93KB, 1024x749px
>>379464069
>>379464327
>>379464553
>>
>>379462858
It might not be as stellar of an experience as it once was, but it's still an important piece of vidya history.

And more importantly, it's still fun.
>>
>>379462858
Played the doom series for the first time last year (not counting doom on PS or SNES ports) and it is easily in my top 5 game series.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.