[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is The Witcher 3 a better monster hunting game than Monster Hunter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Tw3_early_Leshen.jpg (32KB, 270x316px) Image search: [Google]
Tw3_early_Leshen.jpg
32KB, 270x316px
Is The Witcher 3 a better monster hunting game than Monster Hunter?
>>
Is Bayonetta a better witching game than The Witcher 3?
>>
It would be if it would just let you solve the fucking monster tracking puzzles yourself instead of forcing you to follow quest markers
>>
>hunting
Maybe
>fighting
No
>>
You arent really hunting anything when the game is telling you exactly where to go
>>
>play the game on the hardest difficulty
>its hard as fuck and actually pretty fun/challenging/rewarding
>halfway through the game its not as challenging anymore
>at the end its a cakewalk

I still enjoyed the fuck out of it desu
>>
>>379459828
>>379459934
>write the quest dialog and decorate the world so you could actually follow clues to the locations and study how to defeat specific monsters
>throw quest markers, minimap paths, quest hints, and mandatory shortcuts on the screen at all time
Whyyyyyy
>>
Can you just hunt monsters and do smaller quests in this game, or does it shove the main plot down your throat and make you be the almighty hero.
I like a game where you can just chill do what you want and roam and I'm not too sure about this one yet.
>>
>>379460080
Cause the former requires a lot of time and effort?
>>
>>379459683
no because some of those monsters only appear once and you can never fight them again. and the "open world" is more like a lifeless world
>>
>>379459683
No because you hunt dinosaurs in Monster Hunter.
>>
>>379460616
Which one are you talking about

The Witcher 3 doesn't force the story down that much, but a lot of stuff changes around the world the farther you get into it.
>>
>>379459828
Without quest markers the game would take forever
>>
>>379459968
Whole game was piss easy on whatever the hardest was, what the fuck are you talking about? I even killed one of those ghosts you're supposed to use a sign on with nothing but a silver sword. That was about the only fun part in the game just because it was so challenging, I felt like an actual Witcher because the shit took like 45 minutes.
>>
>>379460825
witcher 3
like i would probably not do the main quest and just try to roam around, I hear the areas are leveled though so I don't know if it will eventually force you to do the main quest or not
>>
>>379459683
No. Monster Hunter monsters are way cooler.
>>
File: 7rqol0S.jpg (532KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7rqol0S.jpg
532KB, 1920x1200px
>>379460973
Yeah. There are 4 main areas of the continent.

White Orchard is basically the tutorial.
Velen is the main area of the game.
Novigrad is the large city of the game, although Oxenfurt is also nice.
Skellige is basically northern Europe and is mostly high level stuff. Not recommended to go there right away.
>>
If the combat wasn't shit the witcher 3 would be perfect
>>
>>379460652
The problem is that the former is actually already in the game for most of the quests, they just ruin all that work by holding your hand through the entire game
>>
>>379459683
No because monsters dont take hours to take down. I want a monster hunter game where battles last days, and monster hunter gives me that.
>>
>>379459934
theres no hunting in MH either.
>>
>>379459683
Absolutely not.

I love Witcher 3, but gameplay simply isn't its strong suit, and the monsters in particular would have been a lot more memorable if there was more variety and fighting them actually took the methodical approach that the story tells you it does. As it stands, it's much too easy and mindless.

That being said, it's probably a good thing overall that the game doesn't take the extremely lengthy and methodical approach towards monster slaying, even if it's a bit disappointing. Because as the game currently is, it takes fucking 150 hours to beat completely, probably a bit more if you do every quest. The brevity of combat probably cut down on a lot of time.
>>
>>379460962
I took on a pack of wolves in white orchard at the very start of the game and that was hard af. It was the hardest part of the playthrough which was disappointing
>>
>>379461826
Dogs and wolves were pretty fucking hard at the beginning, yeah
>>
>>379459683
No, Witcher series has shit gameplay
>>
>>379460973
There's plenty of roaming. You can ignore the main quest most of the time.

There are "point of interest" markers, but I think there's an option to turn them off.
>>
MH stayed away from those politics bro.
>>
File: kl.webm (3MB, 704x384px) Image search: [Google]
kl.webm
3MB, 704x384px
>>379459683
Considering Monster Hunter has absolutely amazing, challenging, complex, deep, satisfying, highly polished 10/10 gameplay and Witcher 3 has fucking dog shit gameplay that's barely better than Skyrim; no.
>>
Well the controls aren't utter trash so yes
>>
File: Avatar.jpg (16KB, 310x240px) Image search: [Google]
16KB, 310x240px
>>379459828
Alright nigger i will tell you what i did and how fucking retarded is what you want to do.

I told a friend to take my game, hold L2 and track the monster tracks from one of the villages of bumfucking nowhere to the forest where there was some sort of corpse in the ground in the middle of it.

So he tracked all the way there while i wasnt looking and i told him to go back to the village and let me play the game.

Do you have ANY fucking idea of how fucking terrible is to track without witcher sense in a fucking dense forest?

It fucking took me 30 minutes or so of pure pixel hunting on the mud like a motherfucker across the forest to find the corpse, by that point i was so tired of that shit that i said fuck it and didnt even try to keep tracking the fucking monster.

If you wanna give it a go, just make someone track the monster shit while you are not looking and after you track the "tracks" you can see them without witcher sense.

Try having fun with that faggot.

As for OP
>>379459683
I would have liked more if they took a more "research your enemy" approach like in Witcher 1 where reading books would give you huge benefits against monsters as in you learn what to use against them.

Here even without knowlage i could easily take down enemies.
>>
>>379463305
>memorizing telegraphs is fun
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.