[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game was better, Wind Waker or Breath Of The Wild?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170607-214658.jpg (119KB, 486x798px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-214658.jpg
119KB, 486x798px
What game was better, Wind Waker or Breath Of The Wild?
>>
File: ZeldaBotW_thanks_B_1920_1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ZeldaBotW_thanks_B_1920_1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Breath of the Wild

Next.
>>
>>379458854
i dunno they're both good though
>>
>>379458854
>>379460991
similar clothes
hmm
>>
Oh look, it's this thread again.
>>
Breath of the Wild and it's not even close. Wind Waker was my favorite Zelda before that too.
>>
Breath of the Wild is far, far better as a game.

WW has better characters, story, music and theme.
>>
>>379461230
>Breath of the Wild is far, far better as a game.

And that's all that matters for any game. Everything else like story is just extra.
>>
>>379458854
Wind waker. can't beat the soundtrack and it had a well put together story
BoTW is great but there are very few memorable tunes and the story is garbage
>>
BOTW is. But I still disagree with people giving it a 10. Shits an 8.
>>
>>379461230
>characters
I think BotW had characters with way more potential, but they all fucking disappear after you are done with their Divine Beast quest or are dead since 100 years before.
>>
>>379458854

People say that BotW is just like the very original but I feel like it's more like Wind Waker than anything.

Huge open world.
A bunch of mini dungeons in each that you can do in any order.
Not a lot of main huge dungeons.
Enemy weapons can be used against them.
Obviously some sort of post apocalyptic bullshit in setting and theme.

etc

BotW is the better game because it has far more freedom, depth, and content than WW.
WW could be considered superior if you prefer more linear, shorter games.

Fuck sailing around for the triforce pieces though.
>>
>>379461967
>BoTW has a gorgeous, studio ghibli feel
>thousands of ways to interact with the world
>the best combat of the series
>bad enemy variety, short main dungeons
>unmemorable soundtrack
>a general lack of personality
>story is bare bones at best

>WW has a huge, but mostly empty world
>most memorable soundtrack of the series
>so much personality that you either love it or hate it, creating strong nostalgia
>good story with lots of memorable characters
>good replayability thanks to NG+

if they could have found a way to combine the good of WW with the good of BoTW, we could have had a literal best game ever on our hands
>>
>>379461538
>Vivaldi is great but there are very few memorable tunes, I prefer Katy Perry
How is it possible to be this much of a pleb? Is it the American education system?
>>
>>379458854
Wind Waker
>>
>>379458854
Majora's Mask beats both
>>
>>379458854
Wind Waker was my favorite Zelda, but BotW was literally made for me. I love it for a lot of the same reasons I love Wind Waker. The organic nature of the world reminds me of the Great Sea and how you would just stumble upon adventure.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go_XgaJNVgg

haha now you got this stuck in your head all day fuck you!
>>
>>379458854
Why did the vocal minority of Wind Waker fanboys feel the need to saturate this board with their pleb tastes right after MM was voted /v/'s top Zelda? MM discussions even started getting derailed with it being summed up as "muh dark and mature Zelda game for mature gamers" and the like. Now WW is just about the only older Zelda you see threads about here.
>>
>>379463618
this
>>
Which song did it better molduga or molgera?
>>
>>379463784

The in thing as of late seems to be WW vs. BotW threads. It's been like this for a few days now for whatever reason, presumably (You)s.
>>
Botw is considered better here, but is ww not good ? I can emulate it quite nicely, but don't have wii u i really loved tp tho
>>
>>379464279
>CHICKACHICKACHICKACHICKACHICKA
>>
>>379458854
OoT>MM>BotW>TP>SS>WW

yep
>>
I feel like Breath of the Wild is a continuation of the themes Wind Waker TRIED to evoke, but this time it actually succeeds at it.
>>
>>379464346
WW gushing threads have been a thing in themselves for a good while. A lot of "why hasn't Zelda gone back to being like Wind Waker?", people shitting on the N64 games and parroting that Egoraptor video, and singing a lot of praise for some "feel" the game gave them that betrays what's actually in it.
>>
>>379465000
Witnessed
MM>OoT>BotW>TP>WW>SS
>>
>>379458854
BOTW easily. WW isn't that good outside of its gorgeous artstyle and it having the most memorable Zelda OST.
>>
>>379465000
MM>OoT>BotW>WW>TP>SS
revised
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.