[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Desert Online Thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 27

File: image.png (365KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
365KB, 500x500px
Black Desert Online was recently released on Steam.

For those of you who play it what are your thoughts on it?

If you haven't played it what are your thoughts based on videos of gameplays and such?
>>
>>379456085
the rendering sucks but its pretty fun
>>
>>379456085
I like the idea of adventuring out at night and just being comfy at my own pace.

The night time looks really great in the game.

But damn the menu and map seem really confusing and taking me a while to get used to.
>>
>Bought Black Desert Online
>Download it
>Has several errors while downloading
>Get into class selection
>No race or gender options
>Select Warrior and make it look just like me
>Fatal error, nothing is saved on the server I picked
>Got refund
>Bought Smite gems with it
I didn't like it.
>>
>>379456236
Yeah, I played for about an hour then stopped because the UI was too shitty. I wanted just a normal UI.
>>
>>379456236
>>379456293
How is the ui shitty?
>>
I wouldn't recommend it. If you enjoy it, the game will take over your life due to how it's designed. Almost every activity in the game is done in an automated fashion that is enhanced by cash shop items, and requires you to be logged in. You'll end up scheduling your life around feeding workers beer and processing items from your storage. It's not worth the trouble.
>>
>>379456085
you can't bring mmorpgs back from the dead, this is real life, necromancers don't actually exist
>>
The RNG, grind and zero endgame all contribute to it being a totally shit game.

The endgame loop has to be the worst of its kind. You literally farm for money so you can destroy a bunch of shit trying to upgrade so that you can get enough gear to PVP to get more money for gear to break.
>>
File: world of warcraft interfacae.jpg (224KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
world of warcraft interfacae.jpg
224KB, 1024x768px
>>379456420
It's basically this
>>
Jesus Christ, this game was terrible in too many aspects to count, ugh!

I'm glad that refunds exist.
>>
File: 2016-02-15_7068716.jpg (165KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-15_7068716.jpg
165KB, 1920x1080px
THIRTY DOLLAR
COSTUMES
>>
>>379456483
I'm just curious of people's opinions on the game
>>
>>379456085
It's cool but the lack of dungeons and raids and anything interesting other than PvP isn't appealing to me, specially when endgame PvP is just about cash shop wars.
>>
>>379456085
Imagine making a game, and then executing every single thing in that game incorrectly. That's Black Desert Online
>>
>>379456643
The dead can't speak
>>
File: 1457584639216.jpg (51KB, 492x557px) Image search: [Google]
1457584639216.jpg
51KB, 492x557px
>>379456085

Okay, shills, here's your chance. Tell us about:

>Housing
>Ship-building
>Sailing and naval combat
>Guild system
>PvP
>Is it Pay2win?
>>
>>379456085
It punishes you for not playing it, but whenever you do play it, all you'll usually do is send it to the tray and watch movies or something while you cook/process/fish all day long. You're not actually playing it even when you are.
>>
>>379456768
I think all the things you listed might be the worst aspects of the game/
>>
>>379456768
I'm not a shill. I just want people's opinions before I buy the game.
>>
>>379456839
The whole tray thing is hilarious. The game is designed to never be shut off. I swear these fuckers are mining bitcoins with the ingame processing or something
>>
>>379456085
literally no pve
p2w and grind2win (winning at pvp is determined solely by who poopsocked the hardest and bought the most cash shop shit, punishing actual skilled players)
most gameplay revolves around afking for life skills

if you are looking for a game with actual gameplay, do not play this garbage
>>
>>379456085
>MMO where nobody interacts with eachother
>can level while you're afk but this just leads to 90% of the population being afk 24/7
>there is no true endgame, the top players are still grinding endlessly for no reason
Might be okay if you just want to erp or something lel
>>
File: Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg (135KB, 863x863px) Image search: [Google]
Mary Jane Watching Batman Strip.jpg
135KB, 863x863px
>Find a nice quiet corner of the map next to a nice horse spawn
>Put down 8 large fences and start up a farm.
>Kill half my crop for seeds and send the other half to market for profit
>mix fertilizer and keep water stocks full for when I need to add it to crop
>During down time I idly tame the horses, occasionally getting one that sells for a nice chunk
>Currently have a Tier 5 with a few good skills I'm leveling to take part in horse races.
>Make mad dosh selling the black crystal drops from plants
>Hire a bunch of farm hands to watch things while I'm out adventuring.

I'm playing it as a Harvest Moon successor and quite enjoying it.
>>
File: haha.gif (18KB, 252x281px) Image search: [Google]
haha.gif
18KB, 252x281px
>>379456085
>people on steam are complaining about the rootkit
>they're using steam
>>
>>379456861

well then what the fuck is the point lmao

not buying another MMO for faggot raiding or erp
>>
>>379457201
Sailing is probably fun. I never tried it though. You can get a boat easily, but to get the Epheria Sail Boat you need to chop 8000 trees down. On top of all the other shit you need for it.

There's no raiding, no dungeons. You can grind mobs korea style or you can take part in the great life skills, which will consume your life and are not worth the trouble.
>>
>>379456768
>Is it Pay2win?

Its a grey area. You can use mommy's credit card to gain advantages that other players can't get in game by conventional methods. But it's nothing thats going to enable someone to just curb stomp you. Its faster XP, more bag space, more character weight and that kinda thing. In order for a player to actually buy gear through use of the cash shop, they would need to spend literally thousands of dollars.

It's absolutely pay to have an advantage but I wouldn't call it pay to win. Unless you ABSOLUTELY need a pet to pick up trash items for you
>>
File: bugs.jpg (23KB, 232x197px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.jpg
23KB, 232x197px
>get game at release
>expecting a fun little pve game i can play with my pal
>pvp guild circlejerks are mandatory and all the game has to offer
>valk is shit and never got any buffs
>quit playing a few months later
>everyone quit vindictus to play this game instead
>>
>>379457390
It's not really a grey area. Anyone saying this game isn't pay to win just isn't being honest.

t. Someone who spent $400 in 3 months
>>
>>379456085
>Bought it and want to try it out.
>Download and install/update
>Start it up
>Launcher appears
>See Kakaogames logo
>blackdesert64.exe has stopped working

What the fuck. I have a pretty high end gaming pc and have had no problems with any recent games so what the fuck is going on.
>>
Doesn't this game install a rootkit as soon as you buy it?
>>
>>379457360
>8000
oh no anon. you are so wrong.

you have to chop down 80000 trees. thats eighty THOUSAND.

the grind to get epheria sailboat is the number one biggest grind in the game, bar none.

if you have extremely high processing then tha tnumber might get down to about 50,000 trees, but still. you need so many fuckin logs its insane.
>>
>>379457563
Yeah I'm sorry for my typo. I really undersold how fucking soulsucking this game is.
>>
>>379457563
I dont see anything on that recipe that you can't get from workers.
>>
I have a level 45 sorceress currently, but I am realizing that the combat isn't actually the focus now which is discouraging. I like the classes, but I'm probably going to stop playing because the end game is literally just grinding. No dungeons or anything interesting, and PVP is impossible to keep up with unless you're a no-lifer.
I'm trying to find a fun grind, but BDO has no endgame, PoE is just mindless clicking, and Tera is dead.
I like the atmosphere of BDO, but I just want a fun fucking game with similar combat and not a soulless grind.
>>
>>379457735
Logs. The thing we've been talking about. Fucking logs dude.
>>
don't fall for this meme, the gameplay is decent but to get anywhere you need to spend 100+ dollars for your character to be able to hold enough weight and to buy pets that autoloot for you if you don't have these you will be gimped forever

DONT FALL FOR THE KOREAN MEME GAMES THEY ARE DESIGNED TO STEAL YOUR MONEY
>>
>>379456768
I'm not a shill but I will inform you.

>Housing
Players can purchase properties with Contribution Points (which you get from doing quests, quests don't reward XP they reward cont points instead). You can then use these properties for various purposes, either as a personal residence you can decorate and put alchemy/cooking/short duration buff tools in, or as a workshop for your workers to produce something, or as storage space to expand your storage in the town its located in. Housing ties into the worker system a lot and its too complicated to get into in one post.

>Ship-build
Works off the housing building, buy a property, turn it into a shipyard, throw the mats in your bank then have your workers put it together. Takes quite a while for a regular sailboat. Takes you literally 6 months of playtime (thats time spent ONLINE on your character) to make epheria sailboat.

>Sailing/Naval Combat
Get a boat, sail it around. There is a big ocean filled with monsters in between the two continents. The epheria sailboat and guild galleon have cannons you can man to blast the monsters out of the water. They drop stuff. They are also very tough and a long and terrifying fight. As far as I know, no one bothers trying to pvp on the ocean.

>Guild system
Join a guild, get paid every day. Your pay rate is set by the GM so expect pennies unless you are in his inner circle of officers, who all get rich as fuck. Run guild missions to get money for the guild to fund node war (organized pvp) and breed elephants and stuff.

>PvP
Extremely unbalanced, laggy mess. Entirely gear dependant, and as such can be wallet warriored to victory. Warrior and Ranger in particular are ridiculously overpowered right now.

>Is it Pay2Win?
Yes, unequivocally. You can't progress in this game without gear. You can't get gear without grinding. You can't grind without pets to auto-loot for you. You can't get pets without buying them for real money, as they are all sniped off the AH by bots.
>>
>>379457873
>but BDO has no endgame
What is endgame? Running the same 2-3 dungeons over and over again like other MMO's?
>>
>>379457009
They are.

It was discovered months ago that a bitcoin miner was hidden inside BDO's code. That's why the game incentivizes you to never shut it off. It was a huge scandal.

I don't know if it's still there or not, but I'm guessing it is since the devs are in fucking korea and can't be prosecuted.
>>
>>379456085
It has no actual endgame so the endgame is grinding and pvp and grinding so you can pvp and not be garbage
>>
>>379458126
>It was discovered months ago that a bitcoin miner was hidden inside BDO's code. That's why the game incentivizes you to never shut it off. It was a huge scandal.
>>
>>379457873
To be strictly correct, there are instanced dungeons in the game. Out in the desert you occasionally come across a portal that leads to an instanced dungeon, but these require a party for the most part, drop nothing exclusive, and grinding regular mobs for silver is more effective, so literally no one does them.
>>
>>379458038

So it's shit, then. Thanks.
>>
>>379458202
See this >>379458084
Please define "endgame" as BDO is the game right now with actual endgame. Conquering nodes/forts with your guild striving to be the best guild on the server or just take nodes to get more money. There's not a single person yet that got BiS gear, so there will always be something to strive for.

In your regular themepark MMO all you do is farm your weekly cap of the ingame currency by running the 2 same dungeons over and over again and then you're done.
>>
Don't play unless
>you don't have a life because there are no hardcaps so you'll have to compete with chinese kids
>you can shell out 100s of $$$ because the cash shop is terrible and grants slight p2w
>you enjoy playing singleplayer game because this one barely has any MMO content, you will spend 95% of the time alone except for maybe boss scroll and pvp stuff
Other than that its a comfy game with pretty characters and outfits, also lots of stuff to do because sandbox
>>
File: ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png (58KB, 151x210px) Image search: [Google]
ShameOnYouForFappingToThis.png
58KB, 151x210px
>>379458458
>get to 56
>Dont worry about leveling because the difference becomes negligible in pvp
>laugh at shitters who can't exist without farming all day
>>
>>379458326
Pretty much.

Its a shame because BDO has a lot of really cool features that I wish other MMOs had. I love the worker system, though I wish those fuckers would work when you're offline (they finish their current task but don't start new ones so if they are on repeat they just stop until you log back on). I like the fishing stuff, though it really needs more depth. I like the hunting miniskill, but once again it needs more depth and needs an actual point to do it outside of whale molars and fugitive khalk stuff. The alchemy and cooking systems are very in-depth and enjoyable even if its a pain getting the right ingredients, and the combat is really good for an MMO, although PvP is unbalanced.

Its like every good thing that BDO has going for it is counterbalanced by some critical flaw which fucks it over.
>>
>>379456085
As someone who played on launch and again during the Olvia revival I will say that it's really not worth getting into unless you have a lot of time on your hands, love grinding, AND are willing to put a fairly significant amount of money into the game.

Pets are absolutely required at a high level of player. You aren't able to aoe loot or loot pack quickly so you are completely reliant on the pets to loot packs while you keep up the pace. These will cost you around $40 depending on which types you want or the current sales. These are across all characters

Weight limit increases aren't absolutely required but will significantly increase your farming efficiency. $20 to get the most value out of a single purchase (not worth doing smaller unless you already have the higher cost increases). This is character specific so you should figure out what you want to stick with before investing

Maids are basically just remote access to your storage and will help significantly with depositing large weight stacks. $20 for one and account wide

Inventory space is mostly for fishing and not a major deal breaker. In most situations the things that will cause you to slow down during your farming sessions will be based around weight
>>
>>379458390
there is no END to the GAME, BDO you literally just GRIND FOREVER

there is no hardest raid or last boss or best gear and even if there is
>here's not a single person yet that got BiS gear

the game has been out for how long? if you enjoy mindless carrot on a stick gameplay to such a massive degree you may have a problem
>>
>>379456085
It looks great.

Thats pretty much it, its too complex to be a fun mmo unless you get in hardcore, costumes/armor doesn't change unless you buy it so that also sucks, because its so action combat you need good fps to play without getting a headache so you either lower the quality which defeats the purpose of being such a beautiful game.

I would love it if it was f2p.and had a catch up mechanic like Tera does that allows you to get mid-tier endgame gear for basically free.
>>
>>379458564
That's wrong, though. Level is a HUGE deal. A level 57 will have a big advantage over a 56 because they have a greater baseline chance to hit you and you have a lesser baseline chance to hit them.

Don't even try fighting a level 59 or 60 as level 56. After 3 levels of difference you will basically always miss them even with extremely good gear.
>>
>>379458736
You avoided the question, what is endgame? Killing the same raidboss for 3months over and over again?
>>
>>379456085
>259 hours on it since I bought it last week

afk fishing was a mistake
>>
>>379458685
I've heard the most ridiculous excuses that BDO players come up with the justify the pay 2 win cash shop.

The excuse the takes the cake, though, the one that I will NEVER forget, was when one particularly salty wallet warrior informed me that "since the game was only $30 i think of the other $30 i spent as for the other half of the game".

What a fucking joke. Never play anything F2P that comes out of Korea. In fact never play anything that comes out of Korea period.
>>
>>379458797
It can be, are you okay with BDO's "endgame" being 3 months of grinding mobs?
>>
I tried the free week out and had a blast, got up to 46. Loved the node system, enjoyed t he crafting. Combat was fun.

I did not purchase the game because I felt I had played all of it's content.

Yeah I could craft better things, could get to max level... but for what? There's no endgame. Only worldboss zerg rushes.

There's pvp, which is fine for what it's worth, but there truly is a p2w aspect of the game, and with so many other titles it's just not worth it.

Solid, novel MMO. Would not recommend,
>>
58 wizard 59 valk here. potential game with a shit ton of "pay2win" and unnecessary mechanics like item weight
>>
File: goyim.jpg (41KB, 422x408px) Image search: [Google]
goyim.jpg
41KB, 422x408px
>>379456641
>30 bucks
Gee i wonder who they stole that from
>>
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/RAeyoNLwRCBOQDasrfKXnA/
>>
>>379456085
Generic buy to play then pay to win korean mmo grinding garbage with open world PVP.
>>
>>379458797
I'm not him but there is no real 'endgame' unless you can count Node War PvP ambitions. The world raid bosses like Dastard Bheg are largely a joke that people beat up within SECONDS for a tiny chance of a boss gear to drop (it never drops). People regularly make lvl 1 alts and deposit them at the boss locations, and as soon as one spawns (a server wide announcement goes out that they spawned), they will switch over, hit it once, and hope for a boss drop for their main.
>>
>>379458797
Not the guy you are replying to but endgame in BDO takes the form of PVP battles for territories controlled by guilds. Thats the whole point of it

Progression happens as follows

>Hit
>Start doing dailiies
>Dailies give you summoning scrolls to fight bosses
>Bosses drop good shit
>Also you can do world bosses.
>Now you have to get the same version of gear to enchance that gear to best in slot status
>Once you are all geared up, go to pvp and do node battles between guilds.

Basically the same as dungeons but without the dungeon
>>
>>379456641
Eh, I'll agree that it's fucking retarded to buy them yourself, but you can just leave your PC on all night while AFK fishing and you'll make enough silver from selling the relics you get to just buy the costume you want from the auction house.
>>
>>379458263
It's not instanced, it's just a fancy door.
>>
>>379457390
>Its a grey area. You can use mommy's credit card to gain advantages that other players can't get in game by conventional methods.

Then its not a grey area, that's literally the definition of pay to win you imbecilic fucktard.

There are literally outfits you can buy from cash shop that make you invisible on the map in PVP.
>>
>friend keeps trying to get me to play it with them and their friends
>eventually I give in and they get it for me
>see practically nothing, everything is generic, the voice acting is all terrible, and regardless of settings it runs like hot garbage
>not even a week later neither my friend nor any of their friends are playing it

What an exciting game. At least I made a fairly cute boy, who looked constantly anxious and really didn't seem like he wanted to be there.
>>
>>379459110
You missed the point. He's criticizing the practice, not the cost. Its not the issue of getting it, its the issue of it existing in the first place.
>>
>>379458263
>drop nothing exclusive
So you aren't lv 60 good to out yourself.
The only way to get the permanent compass is in Hystria and Aakman. They are the best XP flat out past 60 also. The resounding echo of shitters clogs this thread.
>>
>>379457426
How is valk shit homie? Besides the 3 month fucking shield health bug I kill things fairly well as valk. Plus them legs.
>>
>>379456085
It's great aslong as you don't go into it expecting a real MMO. It's a 10 euro singleplayer grind game with some pretty great sideshit to do, like playing the economy game. Hell, its more of a business game than a grind game, with a side dish of good pvp.

Also in this game you're not in a hurry to grind through levels, since theres so much shit you gotta do, and doing it along the way is easier
>>
>>379458901
I really did enjoy the combat in the game, but I'm not deluded enough to be oblivious to their disgusting money grubbing tactics, especially in regards to character specific purchases

$40 pets, $20 weight, $20 maid, $20 shark costume (pay2swim), AND $15 monthly sub just to not get scammed on auction house
>>
>>379457472
What did you spend 400$ on anon?
>>
>>379459110
Dude there's thousands of people who's sole job is to stand at AH and hunt down the real money items in like 5 seconds
>>
>>379459183
>There are literally outfits you can buy from cash shop that make you invisible on the map in PVP.

So you don't play the game, because that's not how they work and the name hide is entirely cosmetic along with doesn't work in competitive form of pvp nodes and sieges.
>>
>>379459183
But nothing you can win on the cash shop will actually make you win. its all minor shit. I agree with you, it's shitty but pay2win it is not.
>>
One of the people people I subbed to for some fucking reason uploaded a video titled some shit like "Women will understand why they should play BDO" and the video was just a one minute clip of her zoomed in on some Fabio style NPC with a cat on its shoulder.
>>
>>379456768
sounds like an even more dissapointing version of archeage
>>
>>379459403
>So you don't play the game
Good argument shill, wow, they'll all buy the game now that you JUST CONFIRMED IT FUCKING EXISTS.
>>
>>379459403
Flares are easily obtainable and show players names. Anyone who PvP's carries them.
>>
>>379456085
I got to level 45 only so far butt it's very casual fun. I love the hugefuck world and ability to find something to mine/chop/collect all over.

I heavily dislike the focus on crafting and mob to mob grinding along with the fuckawful voice acting. Lack of dungeons/raids is fucking sad tho.
>>
>>379459401
And do what with them? Use them, that's their only option, there is no resell for profit on costumes or any item period. Costumes are fixed price and everything else is tax money lost.

Just stop you're fucking bitching and sit like everyone else.
>>
>>379459410
>Can straight up buy items that give you an edge compared to non paying players.
>Not Pay to win.

I wonder what you shills define as pay to win.
>>
>>379456768
>Housing

It's cool to customize your house, but most of the good funiture is cash shop only.

If you want to decorate your house with purely in-game obtainable items, then it'll take you a few days unless that's your main focus.

The actual system is pretty sweet, though. You literally buy a house in whatever city you want and own it. (As in, it is an actual building in the world that you just walk into)

>Ship-building
Grindy as all hell, and unless you want to really get into some hard-core ocean stuff, not really worth it.

Actually sailing around with friends and even hunting whales is cool as shit, though.

>Sailing and naval combat

Haven't done it, so can't comment.

>Guild System

"Hey, Tim, wanna make a guild?"

"Sure!"

Three days later...

"Hey Tim, here's a shovel"

"What's this for?"

"Dig my grave for me, Tim."

>PvP

The main End-game, but that's mostly only due to the limited options for combat focused end-game.

It's unbalanced as all shit, you will be shat on, and you might even get one hit if you're against a Wizard.

But it's fun as hell when it gets good.

>Is it pay 2 win

Kinda.

By paying, you can max out your invintory space, and for things like Fishing and trading, this is a huge deal.

That's the only real P2W aspect I can think of though.

Most people will say pets, but I've never spent a dime on the game and I own two. (Bought them off the auction house.)
>>
>>379459635
Which items?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (179KB, 854x859px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
179KB, 854x859px
>>379459481

>tfw Trion royally fucked it
>>
Not available in my region. Would it work if I ask someone from the supported regions to buy it for me?
>>
>>379456085
>For those of you who play it what are your thoughts on it?

Anyone who actively supports this cancerous game is the bane of the industry. No, other companies with similar practices does not make it better, that shit's not an argument.
>>
>>379459481
meant to reply to>>379458038
>>
>>379459635
Something where you can pay money and win. Something like, you bought a cash shop set of gear that can only be acquired through the store and utterly BTFOs anyone who doesn't have it. Or a consumable that instant wins the encounter

This is pay to unfair advantage. But its not pay to win
>>
File: d0e.jpg (61KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
d0e.jpg
61KB, 500x400px
>>379459403
>Says an item exists
>Wow so you didn't play the game
>the item does exist
>>
>>379459796
>Something where you can pay money and win.

Meanwhile in the rest of the world it means items that are statistically better than non-paid variety.

By your definition the game could have a cash shop item that literally makes you ten times stronger than regular players and it still wouldn't be pay to win because a person could just stand there and let someone else win.

Fuck off.

>This is pay to unfair advantage. But its not pay to win
There's no difference you imbecilic fuck, stop making up your own definitions.
>>
>>379459583
Yeah, that's my point. Everyone has the same idea, that's not a fun game mechanic, to sit on AH multiple hours a day for a chance to use ur gold, just because the devs implemented a system where ur wearing literal potato sacks unless you wanna do that or pay IRL money
>>
File: vrdsux1407739643252.jpg (29KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
vrdsux1407739643252.jpg
29KB, 384x384px
>>379459016
astounding
>>
>>379459717
Show me another mmo which completely forces you to make your own money and has completely sniped the balls right off cash abuse, while progressively killing any form of botting, because of ridiculously stupid grind and market set ups, that has action combat that isn't pseudo hotkey garbage like tera with proper skill canceling in a seamless open world, where I can run straight into my fucking house from the street outside with no loading screen of any kind with multi guild territory wars that take part in the seamless open world every single day.

I'll wait.
>>
>>379460079
You can always make one of the many costumes ingame. My only issue with that is having to buy a pass to convert the costume from Gear to actual Costume
>>
File: 1436127049428.gif (978KB, 245x234px) Image search: [Google]
1436127049428.gif
978KB, 245x234px
>>379459984
Sounds like you're arguing for your personal definition of pay2win. And no, my definition means anything that makes you win is pay to win. The absolutely most over powered and broken thing you can possibly get off the pearl shop is a pet that loots stuff for you. Thats it.

You've never played a real pay2win game in your entire life if you don't think BDO is a grey area
>>
File: 1492806383209.jpg (127KB, 699x485px) Image search: [Google]
1492806383209.jpg
127KB, 699x485px
>your gear appearance doesn't change unless you buy a $30 costume off the cash shop

nah this game fucking sucks
>>
>>379459702
I had some good fun in the beta at least. just messed around with a friend in the starting areas knocking each other off the airships and stuff. then on the last day we got a shitty rowboat and sailed all the way to where the pvp island was going to be. after countless times getting killed by jellies and sharks we finally made it, but a message popped up saying something like "a dangerous beast lies ahead you must turn back" and it teleported us back to mainland.

there was also one memorable moment when the game was actually out. this guy got his harpoon boat in the middle of a city and harpooned at invisible walls to drag the boat into the sky and spin it around like a rollercoaster while we hung on to some nets.
>>
>>379460212
But it does. Not to an extravagant looking outfit but it does. Especially boss gear.
>>
>>379460197
and what makes your personal definition more legitimate?
>>
>>379460183
Gear isn't cosmetic. Do you have to pay IRL money to make it cosmetic?
>>
>>379460345
Play any Aeria or Nexon Game then call BDO pay to win in comparison. That's the point you fucking mongoloid.
>>
I had a lot of fun playing in the japanese beta a while ago, wouldn't recommend grabbing it now.
>>
>>379460345
I never claimed it was lore legitmate. Pay2win isn't something with a hard definition.
>>
File: eso.jpg (637KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
eso.jpg
637KB, 1200x630px
I feel like this game is better overall, if ever so slightly. Even if the combat is shit in comparison.
>>
>>379459016
lol
>>
>>379460540
>I feel like this game is better, even if actually playing the game is shitty.

For all it's flaws this is why BDO was fun to me, the actual playing of it was a blast.
>>
>>379460437
There are certain costumes you can make for cosmetic purposes, like the shroud knight outfit. But sadly theres no other way to make it cosmetic unless you use IRL money. The costume serves no other purpose than to take up all your armor slots for looks.
>>
>>379460197
How about a suit that hides your name ingame?
How about players can buy 100 inventory space and the possibility to set up your worker empire standing in one place? Or how you can buy to collect more when gathering?

A game is P2W when 2 people don't only start at the same spot, but one player gains unfair advantage as the game goes on, no matter how hard the other player works. This doesn't apply that much in games where leveling is just garbage you gotta do to get to max level, where the real game starts, like WoW
>>
File: Optimus Prime Sighs.png (217KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime Sighs.png
217KB, 480x360px
>>379460540
>play around launch
>Cyrodil is a fucking blast
>Lines of siege weapons blasting down forts.
>Try it out again recently
>Everyone just teleports up a wall and unzips their katana, completely invalidating the seige phase.
>>
>>379460135
>le balding baseball man
>>
>>379460734
What does that even mean? It's a cosmetic, but there's no way to make it cosmetic without IRL money?
>>
>>379460440
so one game is more pay2win and that makes other pay2win games not count?
>>
>>379460778
Yep, all those things exist as a method of getting you more money. But at no point in the game have I ever once had someone pick up their cat pet, slap me with it and instantly kill me. not once. If you can link me to a video of that happening I'll concede your points.
>>
>>379460474
so then why do you have a problem with his definition?
>>
>>379460778
>How about players can buy 100 inventory space
You don't use a lot of space unless afk fishing, even then this sale item is limited for catch up on the new class release.
>the possibility to set up your worker empire standing in one place?
10 energy per interaction with the value pack on the node connection via map. This does not discover the node for you, nor does it tell you how to invest, nor do people have the energy to waste on that stupid shit, strictly emergency.

RNG is RNG, I been playing since release, no amount of cash shop will save your soul of trying to get your hands on actual boss gear you fucking idiot. I got around 6 billion just sitting with my hands up my ass right now, because bid system garbage.
>>
File: 1470108262341.jpg (108KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1470108262341.jpg
108KB, 728x546px
>>379456085
A few weeks before BDO came onto Steam I was looking at it for an MMO to get into with some friends. Steam was charging $20 to pre-order, but the official game site has a free 7-day trial on the website, so I signed up for that.

My account had to be activated before I could download the game, and that took a day. Once I got into the game it was pretty fun. Combat is fast, clicky and engaging. It feels a lot like Dynasty Warriors, where you just hack and slash everything. The graphics are pretty great too, but it feels like every object is fighting for your visual attention.

Gave BDO up after my trial though. Combat was fun, but holy fuck does the game throw you in the deep end. The UI isn't too bad, but there are so many systems going on it's hard to absorb everything. You have towns, nodes, gathered resources, job, peons, crafting, and so many other fucking things to do - and you're supposed to be involved with all these - I got completely lost. Not to mention the questing aspect is a hot mess. You just run from A to B, kill some X and Y and then your nigger ghost gives you a reward.

A lot of the game is automated, so you'll see a lot of player grinding without actually playing.

All in all, give it a go. If you like it, good for you. If not, then who cares.

And prepared to be completely thrown when a voiced NPC's dialogue doesn't match their subtitles
>>
>>379460778
>collect more when gathering
>What is Energy

I have only the free inv from the Black Spirit quest and I gather meat daily. Mever had an issue.

>Setting up worker empire

Play the game.
>>
>>379456085
>paying
>for an MMO
Joj
>>
>>379460939
So let's say both players play 5 hours a day for 2 weeks. Can the player who didn't pay money challenge the player who used all the IRL money bonuses? Especially since he probably used all the extra gold to buy great gear
>>
>>379460135
So, the impossible, got it. Jokes aside;

>completely forces you to make your own money

I don't understand this. By dumping months worth of energy and hitting the same grinding spot for weeks on end? That's the opposite of well done money mechanics.

>completely sniped the balls right off cash abuse

By punishing and inconveniencing everyone severely and pushing them to cheat instead.

>while progressively killing any form of botting

Confirmed having never played the game for any extent but I'll humor your arguments anyway.

>because of ridiculously stupid grind and market set ups

A global 35% tax on everything where that tax is being wasted isn't a ridiculous? An item limit on shit you put up isn't stupid?

>because of ridiculously stupid grind and market set ups

Oh my fucking god, stop. It's tab-targeting without tab-targeting, it does nothing right, you cycle through your same shit 4-5 skills and hope for the best.

>seamless open world

Hardly matters when the LOD is the worst trash I've ever seen in any game.

>where I can run straight into my fucking house from the street outside with no loading screen

Yeah, your instanced house, no shit.

How much are you being paid, little shill? I played this for a year when it came out, I have the $100 founders pack, unfortunately. Quit stinkin' up the place and lying to people you smelly little gremlin.
>>
>>379460876
Thats exactly it. Its like one of those armors you get in an RPG that only has looks, no stats. Its really bothersome because a few of those outfits look really good.
>>
>>379456287
maybe your computer sucks

download error ? DUUH DUUHHHHH BEEP BEEP
>>
>>379461108
The point is that it's p2w if one player gains advantage with money. And being WAY ahead of the player who didnt pay sure seems like an advantage to me. Or how about this. I wanna fight a guy who is using p2w. I kill him, he just pays to be instantly revived.
>>
>>379461213
To be honest I'd be a little upset if that happened to me, but then again I'm not some little fag who can't figure out how to fix an error but goes on to shit on a game.
>>
>Female Sorceress, fun spellsword
>Female Dark Knight, fun spellsword

Fuck off I just want a male spellsword.
Garbage ass gender lock, I couldn't give a shit less about staring at some pixelated ass/barbie doll.
>>
>>379461198
Oh, so it takes a gear slot eventhough its cosmetic?
So those don't basically count unless you RP or something
>>
>>379461120
Absolutely. Once you hit about 56 or so the level difference becomes marginal at best and will be decided by skill, gear and of course how many guild members each side brings to the fight

Also most best in slot gear items sell in the arena of three hundred million on the games auction house. If you go to the pearl shop, and buy a 30 dollar outfit. you can sell it for 20 million. So you'd be looking at a pretty hefty credit card bill for someone to be geared up on money alone.

Like I said. its a grey area. Def a 'pay to get an unfair advantage' but not quite something I'd call pay to win
>>
>>379461303
Kill him again. Simple. It's pvp and you literally gain nothing from it.

Now for the p2w money advantage, what the hell do you mean. You gain plenty of free inventory slots from doing quests, which everyone does. Nobody skips them.

And you're also limited on how many times you can gather items due to energy. Do quests. Get more energy. Have a fucking wagon with you to load up for god sakes.

Does anybody even like games here?
>>
>>379460934
In this case, plenty yes, for a buy to play game nearing the border line of free with the entry price being only $5 right now. Considering I've gotten by with one purchase ever, you can too. I've seen people start with nothing and in literally 2 weeks are the richest on the server, RNG is RNG. This is a standing problem with this game, no matter how much people cry about the cash shop, fucking none of it and I literally mean fucking nothing that the cash shop could ever fucking net you, will ever fucking prepare you to be completely fucking ravaged by awful rng. Fucking Nothing. You could debate me all night on this, but nothing literally nothing you ever fucking say to someone who has been playing a literal fucking year now, will ever buy into your bullshit. Nothing in the cash shop will save your fucking soul from the ass ravaging rng in this game. Fucking nothing, you want to believe your soul is okay that you can just magically make all your problems vanish with a credit card, life doesn't work that way. The lottery is a stupid tax. The cash shop is charity. The RNG in Black Desert Online is by far one of the most insufferable fucking things to possibly exist. And nothing will ever save you the pain of knowing you burn multitudes more hours into watching a bar fill up a certain color based on your own voodoo, because what you believe isn't on your capitalism. It's how much of the devil's dick you wanna suck to get one rank on one item, which holds no monetary value neither here, heaven or hell.
>>
>>379456085
It was good.... for about 4 days.
Then I realized there's no end-game pve content, quests are useless, p2w cash-shop, shit itemization, I look at 53 the same way I looked at level 1, the mega-grind turns on past 50 lvl and doubles every level.
But seriously - no decent pve.
Dropped it and aren't looking back.
Just play the trial, the chances that you'll stick around for whole 7 days are slim.
>>
>>379461383
Correct. I found out the hard way after getting one. Hopefully they'll add it to the loyalty shop someday once they see people not buying them.
>>
>>379461463
But the difference is that the journey is the game in BDO. And even a marginal advantage is p2w.
Also how about instant revives? How is that not p2w?
>>
>>379459050
>>379459075
>>379458938
None of you have answered what real endgame is, You keep on sperging the game does not have endgame but you refuse to answer what you even mean with endgame.
Give me some expamples on any MMO's that does endgame "right"
>>
>>379461495
>kill him again
No, fuck you, that's p2w. PvP is the only MMO interaction this game. If that happened in any other PvP, like a MOBA or WoW pvp for instance, that wouldn't be p2w to you? "Kill him again", fuck off, that's the dumbest argument I've heard
>>
>>379461623
You're wasting money with instant revives. You can respawn at the nearest node and rain hell upon the faggot. Hell people make fun of the ones who use instant revives.
>>
>>379456085
Fuck off shill.

This thread get's posted every other fucking day.
>>
>>379461742
>Wasting money
That's not the point., of course people would make fun of people who use a p2w mechanic. How is it not p2w?
>>
>>379461623
>even a marginal advantage is p2w.
See thats where we disagree. I don't consider something pay to win unless you pay money and win. End of story. if any marginal advantage is pay to win than I can't think of a single MMO out there that isn't pay2win. Hell WoW is pay2win because of WoW coins by that logic.

>Also how about instant revives? How is that not p2w?
Don't know if they've changed them since I used them but instant revives always started me at low health so if I rezzed in a dangerous spot I'd just be killed again.
>>
>>379461867
Even if you start at low hp, wouldn't that still be p2w? You pay money to effectively gain a second life, or if you wanna look it from another direction, you gain money to directly gain more hp in the fight.

If you gotta make excuses for these things, your point doesn't seem very strong
>>
>>379461698
>Give me some expamples on any MMO's that does endgame "right"
WoW
It's not perfect, but definitely got it right.
>>
>>379456085
>region blocked
>>
>>379461993
Not at all. It would be pay to respawn in place instead of respawn at a node. I can't consider it pay to win unless it allows you to spring back up to life at full health. Hell, its more pay to die than pay to win
>>
>>379462023
>WoW
>Run the same raid for 5 months killing the same bosses over and over and over again
>there's literally nothing else to do
>gear is locked behind weekly timegate
>"good endgame"
Are you for real?
>>
>>379462023
Mythic + was an amazing idea and was implemented well desu.
>>
>>379461823
Because it's retarded as fuck, you're retarded as fuck for cherry picking everything apart now, and the whole argument is retarded as fuck given companies like Aeria exist.
People that play the game know it's retarded as fuck, you know it's retarded as fuck, but here you are persistent as fuck as ever. You don't need to spell it the fuck out, people are still laughing at you. Play the game or don't, who gives an honest fuck at this point, when most of you are here pretending to give a fuck about nothing you don't know jack shit about. Not a single person here can give a legit reason besides parroting bullshit that either no longer exist or didn't exist to begin with or was blown up hype bullshit to begin with. BDO is the best mmo on the market, until something as ground breaking comes along. Despite every flaw, everything that it does right, not a single mmo is doing today.
>>
>>379462023
Games that focus on whole game instead of endgame
>>
>>379461867
Why are you having this fucking discussion?
Do paid outfits (for you or your horse) give stat bonuses or not?
>>
File: 3i24bkmuhxpy.png (901KB, 1728x705px) Image search: [Google]
3i24bkmuhxpy.png
901KB, 1728x705px
>>379462123
Notice how you didn't give an example and only tried to tear down the only constructive answer given?

That's how we know we're right.
>>
File: ai542.jpg (58KB, 727x707px) Image search: [Google]
ai542.jpg
58KB, 727x707px
>>379456085
Its pretty great, one of the most advanced mmos ever released. Easy to start but hard (tedious even) to get into top tiers (top gear\upgrades, setting up your daily profit
income, breeding horses etc). But overall it really "incomparable" experience. Visuals,
fun and engaging combat, comfy cities and villages, tons of stuff to do besides pvp\grinding mobs. Its a next step in mmos in general and deserve a lot more recognition then it currently has.
>>
>>379462082
How is it only p2w when you come back at full hp? Is 99% hp not p2w then? 50% Where do you draw the line? A logical line would be where you literally can't get anything off before you die. There's ways to regen hp too, after you revive. Does it matter that the chance of surviving is small? You're still giving you a extra change to survive buy paying money?
>>
>>379456478
>You'll end up scheduling your life around feeding workers beer and processing items from your storage.
This. For a game with so much content in crafts, and a whole "make money while afk" pitch, it sure does require a hell of a lot of round-the-clock dedication. God help you if you want to be a farmer.
>>
File: 1396658474574.gif (47KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1396658474574.gif
47KB, 429x410px
>>379462226
Because I'm board, I'm off tomorrow and I like to argue
>>
>>379462235
>Notice how you didn't give an example and only tried to tear down the only constructive answer given?
Give an example of what? You said WoW had good endgame, I said that was obviously not the truth.
What was I suppose to give an example of, what endgame is? That's what you were suppose to do.
>>
>>379462142
How am I cherrypicking, sounds more like you're trying to do so, or atleast before you just gave up in this post. You pay real life money to effectively gain more hp in a fight, however much hp you gain after a revive. Even if it's just 10%, would it be fine as well if you could click a button to suddenly just gain 10% extra hp in a fight.

You just stated like 5 excuses like "parroting" or "no one gives a shit", but it's really fucking simple.

You're paying real life money to gain an instant extra life in a game where PvP is the main player interaction. Nothing else to it.

Also let's be honest here, BDO isn't really an MMO, it's a fun game and all, but the only player interaction comes from PvP and boss crolls, besides that everyone is just a glorified NPC running around
>>
>>379456085

It installs a fucking rootkit that sends activity of recently opened files on your computer to them. Enjoy!
>>
>>379462298
I draw the line where you come back to life and get one shot. 1 v 1 scenarios are something that simply doesn't occur in real PVP outside of the PKers. But for the sake of argument. We'll assume a 1 v 1 is happening. And we'll assume both players are evenly skilled and geared. One player wins and kills the other. No matter how good the winner is, he will have taken a few blows. If the loser can pop back in at full or any decently sized chunk of health. Then yes, it would be pay to win as he can just tap a button. but as it stands now- and this may have changed since I have used one. When you use one of those, you pop into place with a tiny bit of health and are effectively going to die unless you wait for an opportune time. So I can't call it Pay2Win. Because you aren't paying to win. You're paying to skip the walk back. As far as hard numbers? I'd say anything at 25% or more health would qualify it as pay2win while that is not a lot of health. I feel for some classes it would be enough to cause some trouble on a wounded enemy.
>>
>>379462498
Let's be honest, no one gives a shit. You'll sit there satisfied as if it matters, but as you said everyone is a glorified npc, why the fuck are you wasting money on them?
>>
>>379461698
your reading comprehension is so fucking garbage
>>
>>379462623
thx for the win, kiddo, hjehje
>>
>>379462543
So does Steam you fucking dumbshit. Enjoy. Steam is technically more invasive, because it actively does this offline, where as xigncode is a wait protocol.
>>
File: 1386402377067.jpg (35KB, 271x284px) Image search: [Google]
1386402377067.jpg
35KB, 271x284px
>>379461698
>That endgame you told me about isn't REAL endgame
>>
>>379462803
Did you even read what they wrote? They only gave examples on why BDO has NO ENDGAME, I asked what they even mean by endgame and give me an example of what they mean.
So far I've got nothing, which only proves that they have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>379461867
>I don't consider something pay to win unless you pay money and win.
What game even does this. p2w would still be considered only a concept if games actually let you pay to be god.

>if any marginal advantage is pay to win than I can't think of a single MMO out there that isn't pay2win.
You must be nubile. Yes, pretty much every MMO is p2w to some degree now. Back before the industry was unanimously considered dead and shit though this wasn't the case. You paid a sub or bought the game and then every advantage you got had to be earned. The whole "you're better off the more you pay" option did not exist. Everyone was on a level playing field.
>>
>>379462908
>Heres the endgame and here is what it does different
>HURRR WHY IS NO ONE TELLING ME WHAT THE ENDGAME IS THIS ISN'T ENDGAME

Do you hear yourself you absolute fucking clinical retard?
>>
>>379462986
>Heres the endgame and here is what it does different
Please quote where he wrote this please
>>
>>379462591
Alright, so let's imagine that I agree with that point, eventhough I think it's bullshit, since it's still a clear advantage in combat you paid for.

How about this then. Especially at higher levels, losing xp on death really hurts, you're not losing any when you revive.

Also how about this. On node/guild wars you got a ton of people with instant revive, you think it's not gonna matter? You think the guild with 100 instant revives doesn't have a HUGE advantage?

Also, how about Karma? Some guy comes and occupies your farming spot, so you kill him. Nope, he instant revives. You kill him again, lose karma. Repeat as many times as the other guy wants, until your karma is completely fucked
>>
>>379462959
>What game even does this. p2w would still be considered only a concept if games actually let you pay to be god.

Its become less of a problem over the years, hence why people think BDO is Pay2Win. But there have been many titles in which you could pay for consumables that instant win any encounter or pay real money for a set of gear that will let you one shot people. The biggest offenders are typically browser games. Adventure quest and the like.
>>
>>379463065
Instant revives don't work in node wars. Way to out yourself.
also
>taking the karma bait
Idiot.
>>
Any Aussies tried this? Does our high ping make it unplayable?
>>
>>379463260
I'm offering argument after argument. All you're offering is "Well that's just a small thing so it doesn't really matter"

But they do.
>>
>>379463332
thats not what makes it unplayable
>>
>>379463065
Maybe stop killing the guy and getting negative karma you sperg
>>
>>379463341
You're offering half false information, half shit that literally doesn't matter if you've played the game.

Play the game, /v/ is for video games. Not ironic shitposting. Literally no fucking guild out there is going to bring instant revives to a situation in which they don't work to begin with, because there's a fucking spawn timer.
>>
>>379463104
>It's become less of a problem over the years
The fact your threshold of p2w is about 10 degrees higher than what it was originally speaks contrary to that.
>browser games
>Adventure Quest
Adventure Quest is that dumb game you play in 5th grade when your class takes a trip to the computer lab. Nobody over 15 uses it as a benchmark for anything.
>>
>>379463427
And then he has used real life money to take over a gathering spot
>>379463483
So I offered one fact that was wrong and now you're clinging to that?
Also no, what you're saying is that half of that stuff is kinda irrelevant. But kinda irrelevant is not enough. If these things aren't completely useless ,and I mean "Never ever will use this mechanic", then the advantages you are given with money make it p2w.

And even if they really are irrelevant, you said "half of that shit literally doesn't matter". Half. And a single thing is enough to make the game p2w
>>
I started 2 days ago and I still don't understand:

>amity and the conversation mini-game
>nodes
>anything story related
>why is everything dying in 1 hit, whats the point of having 10 abilities when 1 kills everything
>energy investment on the map screen
>when I should use the black spirit weapon/armor upgrade
>hiring workers
>combat in general, I only see critical or immune pop-ups.
>trade NPCs that want certain items. I know you're not supposed to just sell all your shit to random shops, but that's what I've been doing

the gameplay is great, the world is massive, there is no player trading and no fast travel and I like that. But I gotta be honest my dudes ... I don't really know what's going on, I just do random shit like crafting, gathering and killing enemies. I have no direction and the game barely explains anything, so I spend a lot of time alt-tabbing figuring out just what the fuck is going on and I still come up empty.
>>
>>379463654
>NUUUU DIS IS MY SPOT AND ILL KILL ANY PLAYER WHO USES IT :( :( :( :(
>WOOOOW WHY AM I THE BAD GUY HERE

Are you mentally ill?
>>
>>379463696
1-50 is going to see everything dying pretty fast. Once you step over to the 50+ zone east of Heidel, everything has life for days and everything hits like a truck
>>
File: 241295_1243219287781_full.jpg (11KB, 299x289px) Image search: [Google]
241295_1243219287781_full.jpg
11KB, 299x289px
>>379456085
literally got lost on my way to do god knows what

You literally grind mobs for all your levels, and do the quests the coon shade gives you just for the satisfaction of closing out of that fucking pinging

more currencies in the game than TERA at current, and literally none of them are explained

Each town is so copy-paste samish, you have no clue where you dropped all your shit off at without having to look at the large as fuck map and guess basic geographic features
>>
>>379463654
I'm sure you don't play this game and if you do, quit for everyone's sake and if you don't play, don't start. You sound like the kind of faggot everyone hates talking about video games to.
>>
>>379463729
Are you denying that he just used real money to gain an advantage over me?

You keep throwing all these other arguments around, but it's really, REALLY fucking simple.

"Is this player gaining an advantage over me by paying money?"

There's no room for
>Well, you know, it's just a small thing...
>Well, you know, it's only a 10% hp you gain if you revive
>Well, you know, no one's REALLY gonna use THAT many revises, are they?
>Well, it's not like just 7 days of free inventory space, node investment from far away and all that matters...
>Well, it's just karma, you know ...
No, just the one question, and a yes or no answer.
>B-but it's not that simple!!!
No, it really is
>>
>>379463864
Anon, the map literally guides you exactly where you need to go. How did you fuck this up so bad?
>>
>>379463034
>>379462986
Still waiting
>>
>>379463864
>Each town is so copy-paste samish, you have no clue where you dropped all your shit off at without having to look at the large as fuck map and guess basic geographic features

Swear to god, every year people just get more fucking retarded and pretend to be blind. How do you seriously fuck up this shit, how? Like really answer that without seemingly look like a hillbilly drop out. Holy fucking shit. Every year people just get more fucking retarded.
>>
>>379464073
only if you're interest is in doing quests
>find a decent orc or whatever grinding spot
>get some 25 levels off of it
>fuck i need to drop this shit off
>when i get to town, want to go back
>literally no fucking clue where it is
>forests and roads and forests and roads
>>
>>379464029
You already know the answer, what are you looking for, why are you being such a whiny bitch. Did something actually not give a fuck about the bitch faggot karma system and you realized they going red on you meant nothing as they proceeded to butt fuck you to death all over sausans. Why are you really pushing this hard to hear what you already know. Did you really waste a bunch of money on tears, because you couldn't stop crying tears as you ran into someone who really didn't give a shit about the karma system, because you're a piss ant of a player in reality.
>>
>>379463696
>amity
Google it, I can't remember how it works but there is a method to it. It's overly complicated and essentially just a labor point sink. In addition it's not really fun IMO so I wouldn't not advise just using a calculator, which exists.
>Nodes
Putting points in them gives you exp gain bonuses (and/or drop bonuses? can't remember) or allows you to send workers to them. If you're grinding somewhere, or want workers to collect the resource there, connect them to your network.
>why is everything dying in 1 hit
The enemies are really easy for a bit but their difficulty ramps up pretty quickly around level 30 I believe, and get progressively harder per level as the game goes on.
>hiring workers
Use labor points at a worker contractor to cycle through various workers. Some options are better than others, and each race has distinct properties (slower move speed on the giant for example, might want to google that as well). You must have a building they can sleep in (I think a town allows 1 worker without a sleeping quarters if you have a node there). Then you can send out workers to nodes connected to that town and they'll return those items over time to your storage. They must be fed (most optimally with beer) and sent back out again after a designated amount of IRL time. Another use is if you have workshops set up in that town, you assign workers to it and they'll take items from storage to complete whatever item you've assigned them to craft.

It's been a while since I played, so some of that might be a little off.
>>
>>379464329
>open map
>right click on nearest town
>close map
>hit T
>auto run the entire way back.
>>
>>379464568
stay in school kids
>>
>>379464568
Oh, if you admit that it's a p2w game, I have no problem then. It's still a fun casual game
>>
File: 1493086085561.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1493086085561.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>379464568
>Did you really waste a bunch of money on tears, because you couldn't stop crying tears
>>
>>379456420
the ui is fantastic
>>
They really should add some kind of end game pve

Not like a WoW raid or anything but maybe some kind of deep dungeon/open world dungeon that scales with difficulty the deeper you go
>>
File: 5.jpg (77KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
77KB, 640x480px
>People spending more than 4€ on the game
Just buy it on sale and level up 1-3 classes until you are satisfied then quit the game. Don't bother with life skills just enjoy the combat.
>>
Traps are gay.
But seriously I see you faggots in roleplay chat 24/2 and it's glorious.
>>
>>379466479
>24/2
wtf ignore that typo
>>
>>379456085
The game was fucking sweet until a few hours in when you realize it's pay to win and extremely restricted and slow for no other reason than making money.
>>
>>379464130
illiterate BR plz go
>>
>>379467004
still waiting.
>>
>>379462023
>a memory test
>good
What's the fun in an encounter you have to revise for and know exactly what it contains before you enter it? Also the community are saltfaggots who HATE trial and error so most groups will quit if they die more than once.
Endgame PvE should be more unpredictable, randomized, should be more about reaction times and should insensitive you to never give up.
>>
my thoughts are definitely throw it on to an SSD if you can - noticeably less stutter and pop-in, and probably placebo but I swear animations are smoother too.

One of the only games I've ever seen get such big benefits besides just loading times
>>
>>379456656
Are they going to add things like that in the future?
>>
>>379467517
There is a huge amount of people playing WoW, you can't just generalize at that scale - it will be wrong.
>>
>>379461060
>Nigger ghost

Kek, wtf is that? A nigger ghost?
>>
>>379467967
still a memory game
>>
>>379468526
The black spirit
>>
> ohboi BDO for 4£
> 50GB download
> get level 50
> get level 56 after seriously considering if it's even worth it
> Awakening
> The only thing ahead of me is grinding in PK infested locations
> Can't enchant my weapon to +13 with over 20 failstacks
> SHIT Marketplace mechanics
> Addicting, "just try one more time" kind of korean RNG
> Realize what the fuck are you doing and uninstall

Close one, I can see why some people get addicted to korean games.
>>
>>379467492
extrapolate the answer you dense cunt, did you not study english?
>>
>>379469684
Still waiting, not matter what you say unless you quote the shit I asked you to do I've won the argument.
>>
File: Internet-Arguments.jpg (82KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
Internet-Arguments.jpg
82KB, 500x444px
>>379469827
it was already done, but go ahead and be a keyboard warrior, that won't teach you basic reading skills
>>
>>379469962
still waiting anon.
>>
>>379456085
i love bdo but i mostly just talk shit in chat and i love grinding.

it's probably my most played mmo, it's mindless grinding and its perfect.

not for everyone but some people will love it. the rng is fucking gay.
>>
>>379456085
Complete garbage and it gets shilled HARD here on /v/.
>>
The guy going on about "what is endgame" is perfectly right.
>>
>>379456287
>>No race or gender options
Good. Gender is a social construct
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.