[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his endgame /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 1

File: Imperial Trigger.jpg (68KB, 465x726px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Trigger.jpg
68KB, 465x726px
What's his endgame /v/?
>>
>>379450437
He doesn't have one. He just wants to "make Skyrim great again" and thinks that, after weakening the empire with his empty rebellion, the talmor are just gonna turn tail and run, leaving them in peace.
The truth is that the Talmor want to destroy the whole world in order to reclaim their immortality, which was a trait of the High Elves until they lost it.
The only thing holding them back is the resistance they face from the Empire and red guards, mostly the Empire tho. But with the stormcloaks kicking up a fuss over some dumb shit, it is severely going to weaken the Empire and give the Talmor a chance to crush them.
During the main quest where you infiltrate a Talmor embassy, you can read in some documents that the Talmor even consider Ulfric to be an "unwitting agent", since he is ultimately working for their benefit.
He is a fucking patsy.
>>
Power, that's it. Not some "Skyrim is for the Nords!" bullshit. He's just some pansy who got his shit wrecked by the Thalmor, and then told he can live if he start a civil war in Skyrim. Dude's just a pawn that's also trying to get his own selfish power game going. Also lied and cheated against Torygg when he one shot the dude with the shout. The dickishness of the Imperials in the beginning of Skyrim doesn't come close to the grade a piece of shit that's Ulfric Stormcloak.
>>
I heard he killed a bunch of dudes with just his voice.
>>
>>379450437
>Implying there isn't any infighting in the Summerset isies
>Implying the Stormcloaks can't just use guerrilla warfare
>Implying the Empire will allow Thousands of Foreign troops to pass the Imperial Province into Skyrim
>Implying the Thalmor can even pass the Sea of Ghost without getting Ship wrecked
>>
>>379450437
Absolutely based. The Imperials need to go back. Skyrim needs a strong and smart leader. I can't believe this game predicted the future. And I'm glad that the right choice won.
>>
>>379450437
>Empire always took care of Skyrim, never opressed them or went against their tradition or customs, merely playing the role of guardian and watching them from afar
>Empire is against the Thalmor and fights them, but the Thalmor overwhelms them and they have to make concessions
>Thalmor now can throw their weight around and demand the Talos worship to be banned
>Empire can't really do anything about it since they are still weakened from just getting BTFO
>Empire: Alright Skyrim, worshipping Talos is now forbidden. But fuck the Thalmor, so if you guys just worship him on the down low, like in your homes or secret places, we are just gonna pretend it isn't happening and we didn't see anything :)
>This goes on and the Thalmor are none the wiser
>Ulfric: MAN, I SURE DO LOVE TALOS. I JUST WANNA SHOUT IT OUT LOUD IN THE STREETS EVERYDAY. I LOVE TALOS.
>Thalmor: What the fuck, Empire. Get cracking on this shit or we will
>Ulfric: The empire ruined this for us, you guys. Lets fight them. And after we beat the empire back, we will beat the Thalmor, who are several times more powerful than us.
>>
>>379451187
>Empire always took care of Skyrim, never opressed them or went against their tradition or customs, merely playing the role of guardian and watching them from afar

They allowed Thalmor agents into Skyrim to hunt their Civilians who were accused of Talos worship
>>
Just power, that's it. Ulfric doesn't fucking care about Skyrim, he just wants to be high king. All the talk about Nord valor and honor and he surrenders like a fucking bitch the moment the odds aren't in his favor.
>>
>>379450920
>Ulfric beat Torygg in a fair fight!
Yeah, a trained war veteran who was still at top shape went up and used an ancient magical power against some dude way past his prime and killed him in his home.
By that logic, the player should be able to murder Ulfric and take over the Stormcloaks, but if you attack Ulfric, the Stormcloaks attack you instead of accepting your "fair challenge".
You are right, he is a piece of shit and his Stormcloaks are scum.
Just a bunch of racists, thugs and rapists hiding behind a uniform. Just go to their main base and see the shit that goes around. Read the notes and everything.
>>
Ok jeez, I'm gonna join the Empire.
>>
>>379451297
"Allowed". As in opposed to what? They tried to stop the Thalmor. They lost. It is not like they are pussies and didn't try to fight back. The only fault the Empire has is that they are weaker than the Thalmor.
The Thalmor are painted as the pretty much the big and powerful assholes in the TES universe. I mean, their grand plan is to literally destroy the world to restore their daedric gift of immortality. As far as nation goes, they are the most powerful around.
>>
>>379451516
Talk to the Court Wizard in Solitude please
also
>>379451459
>Implying the Empire won't back stab Skyrim like they did with Hammerfell
>>
>>379451650
You can't say they protect the People of Skyrim when they allow Foreigners to abduct Civilians in Skyrim
>>
>>379451704
>Talk to the Court Wizard in Solitude please
Why?
>>
When the ship is sicking, you leave the ship

Now, can we all agree that Ulfric is dumb to neglect dunmers, argonians and orcs living in his lands (especially windhelm) as he could use them to fight with him and even maybe if he's crowned high king rally morrowind and hammerfell
>>
>>379451830
Protected in the past tense. I meant before the Thalmor beat them and became able to throw their weight around.
And like I said, they tried. They failed. It is not like Ulfric would be able to any fucking better considering they are even weaker than the Empire.
>>
>>379451852
She explains why Ulfric killed the High King and what it meant to the nords when he did
hell you can meet high king torygg in sovngarde and he says he's glad he accepted and died with honor
>>
>>379451516
Torygg was actually quite young but it still wasn't a fair fight
>>
>>379452009
No, I know why he killed him. I am just saying that it is bullshit that they hide under the "it was completely fair for a war veteran with ancient magical powers to force an older and weaker guy to fight him" is complete bullshit.
Especially when you can't "fair fight" Ulric without his groupies getting upset.

I understand his reasons. They are just bullshit excuses and hipocrisy.
>>
>>379451964
please when the White gold Tower was retaken the empire could have kept Pushing Forward the Empire is weak they allowed Hammerfell to die and gave elsweyr and Valenwood to the High elves
they sign the treaty to recover losses expect the Empire gets weaker and weaker with more infighting in BOTH High rock and Skyrim >>379451916
Ulfirc Neglected the Dunmer and Argonians because it would have started a Race war in Windhelm
>>
>>379452058
Yeah, the moment you bring magical powers to the table it is no longer a fair fight. Even more so when almost every nord in the game thinks very little of magick.

>but it is okay when it is nord magick
>>
>>379452228
They didn't have a choice. The Hammerfell and The Empire TOGETHER barely held on against just the vanguard of the Thalmor. The Dominion could still send more troops while Hammerfell and The Empire had already given it basically all they had.
The truth is that the Dominion is a beast too big to be slayed in a direct fight. I wouldn't be surprised if the Dominion ends up being the big bad in the next TES game, considering all the foreshadowing about their grand plan of world destruction that we have seen so far.
>>
>>379452263
>what does shouting mean to the Ancient nords and the old nord way of life?
>>379452183
because what Ulfric said was true pre-Oblivion most high kings of skyrim were strong in their own right they could hold their own but not Torygg
>>
>>379450437
MSGA
>>
>>379452009
Sybille also talks about why Torygg didn't go straight into muh independent Skyrim either. Yes, she talks about how Torygg was a symbol for Empire, White Gold, etc. but she also says that Torygg also understood that Skyrim can't go 1v1 against the Dominion, Nord troops in the Empire, Skyrim's trade relationship with the Empire, etc.

Also you're misconstruing his statement. It goes:

When Ulfric Stormcloak, with savage Shout, sent me here, my sole regret was fair Elisif, left forlorn and weeping. I faced him fearlessly - my fate inescapable, yet my honor is unstained - can Ulfric say the same?

What he by that statement is the opposite of what you're claiming.

>>379451704
>Empire
>backstabbing Hammerfell
What?
>>
>>379452445
>because what Ulfric said was true pre-Oblivion most high kings of skyrim were strong in their own right they could hold their own but not Torygg
Then that means it is fair for someone to barge into the castle and kill the king to take the crown. Alright, then what stops the Nord Dragonborn from outright "challenging" and killing Ulfric at the first opportunity? Because the Stormcloaks don't seem to appreciate it.

>it is okay when Ulfric does it
>>
>>379452263
More like a military vet vs a 20 year old noble that has never been in a real fight, Ulfric could have beaten him without the shout but he wanted to make the point that he was the strong and best leader for the nords. He's still a thalmor bitch though.
>>
>>379451704
>thinking that somehow, some way a weakened Skyrim and a weakened Empire would be able to hold off the Dominion

Also, Hammerfell abandoned the Empire. They refused the call to defend the Imperial City while all the other provinces answered it. Then it takes FIVE YEARS for them to STALE MATE the Thalmor backed by multiple regiments of Legions.
>>
>>379452443
Hammerfell Fought alone and beat back the Thalmor with no help from the Empire They felt betrayed because the Empire took Hammerfell's Army to defend the white gold Tower
>>
>>379452553
They did kind of throw Hammerfell under the bus, but they didn't have much of a choice.They lost and had to sacrifice somethings in order for the Dominion to accept a treaty. Several lands including Hammerfell were included.

Naturally, Hammerfell didn't take that very well and decided to resist.
>>
Let's all be real here the Empire is falling apart
Morrowind is a fucken Potato right now
Black Marsh ;left the empire and just annexed some parts of Morrowind
Skyrim is in Civil war
High rock has infighting as usual
and Hammerfell just gave the Finger to the Empire
>>
>>379452602
It was never Hammerfell's to begin with. That is why they were able to take it. It was the Empire's army that was protecting Hammerfell, but it retreated to protect the Empire. Because it was the Empire's army.
>>
>>379452602
>with no help from the Empire

Other than all those garrisoned Imperial Legions that abandoned right?
>>
>>379451516
>By that logic, the player should be able to murder Ulfric and take over the Stormcloaks
Actually, some dummied out shit in the papyrus scripts hint that this might have been an option back when the Civil War was going to be more dynamic.
>>
>>379453010
Yeah, the Empire is fucked. But that doesn't mean Ulfric isn't a complete retard for speeding up the fuckening even more.
>>
>>379453050
They were made up of redguards Tho
that were born and trained in Hammerfell
they just took them to defend The white gold tower which fell anyway and left Hammerfell to Fight for itself with almost little troops

so much for the Empire protecting everyone
>>
>>379453124
This is just going to end up like ESO part 2 fourth era boogaloo but I still doubt the Thalmor could steamroll anyone
a lot of Infighting and different factions in the summerset isle can fuck them over or the Sloads can come back for a Corpse party
>>
>>379453189
Again, if they truly belonged to Hammerfell, how would the Empire "take them"? Pick them up, put them on a purse and carry them home?

They were Empire soldiers, trained by the Empire, equipped by the Empire, deployed by the Empire. They were Red Guards who JOINED the Empire. They were the Empire's legion, plain and simple. If they really wanted to stay and defend Hammerfell, it is not like the Empire could have done anything about it.
And again, the Empire tried their best. They failed. They only pulled their legions back when the Thalmor started to gain into their territory. If they just let the Dominion raze them, you think they would pack up and go home? They would just turn on the other territories after they were done with the Empire. It was a shit situation all around and there was nothing anyone could do about it.
>>
>>379453441
what is autonomy
>>
>>379453543
>gets training from Empire
>gets resources from Empire
>gets protection from the Empire (as best as they can)
"We want to be independent! But we still want stuff tho."
>>
>>379453754
>"we will defend all subjects of the empire don't worry guys this war will be over soon :)"
>*takes all of their defenses and leaves to cyrodiil in the face of most the Dominion's army

that would be like if the UK left the Aussies to face the Japanese alone but takes all of their armys to fight Germany in Europe
>>
>>379453974
just like during the oblivion crisis tho, morrowind remember
>>
>>379454212
and look how that turned out Morrowind was weak and then Red mountain AND THEN THE LIZARD STEAMROLLER

would the Empire even try to save Skyrim in Such an event I mean they fucked over the dunmer to the lizards and just refused to send troops to back them up
>>
>>379453974
They took their armies to fight the enemy at their doorstep, how could they.
They should have just accepted their destruction. It is only reasonable.
>>
>>379454436
The Empire has Manpower the elves don't Spreading the Elves lines too thin could fucker over the thalmor
as for enemy at their doopstep?
it was the Empire's fault for not taking the elves Seriously during the first few months
>>
>>379454657
That was just the first wave. The dominion still had more people to send. The Empire didn't take the elves seriously, but the Dominion wasn't going all out either.
Ultimately, the fight was happening on the Empire's land, not on the Dominions. A drawn out fight would have worse consequences for them.
>>
So help me figure these out.

The Empire, after winning the Battle Of The Red Ring, practically looked like they were gonna be winners of the war with how badly they trashed the Dominion out of Cyrodiil. But they didn't continue. The given reason is that the Empire wouldn't have the resources to pull it off. Yet after singing the WGC, we see Hammerfell secede and hold their own against the Dominion, meaning that the Empire as a whole definitely had the resources to pull it off. So how would before signing the WGC the Empire be out of resources?

Not only this, but after that, Hammerfell and the Dominion fought for another five years. Now the end of this is the Second Stros Mkai treaty, this was signed because this war was at a standstill. But even then, the Dominion had the advantage because southern Hammerfell is completely destroyed, and if the entire Empire couldn't stop the Dominion I don't see how just one country from it could. How does this even make sense?
>>
>>379454790
No they didn't Elves have a lower Birth rate than Men the Dominion were planning this for years the Fighting only happened on the Empire's land because the empire refused to push Forward after the Elves Surrendered their best army that was in the Imperial city
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.