[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /v/'s thoughts on Pic related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: da.png (176KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
da.png
176KB, 300x424px
What are /v/'s thoughts on Pic related?
>>
it was alright until that one part
>>
File: 1454354608384.jpg (83KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1454354608384.jpg
83KB, 640x640px
>>379448332
Dragon Age is based
>>
It's a solid 7/10. Now stop asking about it.
>>
>>379448332
Pretty good game
>>
It was ok the first time i played through, but upon further inspection it isn't anything that special.
>>
>>379448332
I played it after playing and enjoying Inquisition. I could tell it was good but I just couldnt stand the combat and quit after a few hours. I found it all-around unspectacular, to be honest.
>>
Enjoyed a playthrough. Literally finding it impossible to complete a second playthrough, I tried it 3 times and always abandoned it.
There are just too fucking many darkspawn everywhere.
>>
>>379448332
The story is good, the lore as well, the characters are really good, but the gameplay. HOLY FUCK DO I HATE THE GAMEPLAY.

6/10
>>
>>379448332
babby's first RPG
>literally no consequence for making a choice
>LoTR-inspired plot of gathering everyone under a single banner to defeat big bad
>big bad is evil because big bad is evil
>generally uninteresting party members with little to no personality whatsoever
>fade
>>
>>379448887
It's sad you don't even have to say what part it is yet everyone knows what part you are talking about
>>
>>379450005
I'm the opposite I enjoyed how you could build your characters and the game made CRPG combat more modern. But the story was boring
>>
>>379448332
It's awesome. Second game sucked. Inquisition is obviously the best. I played the first one when it was first released, got addicted. Inquisition is def the best.
>>
>>379448332
>Unbalanced as fuck
>Mages are overpowered because they can access to everything, from AoE, to heals, to CC, to single target burst or DoTs
>Game is pretty easy even without mages
>Archers, while you can still beat the game using them, you are just gimping yourself if you have one in your party
>The best way to do melee damage is to be dual-handed dagger assassin fuckboy because it can actually outdamage mages with the right build, but it gets no utility at all
>No real decisions
>Shitty equipment progression
>Shitty skill trees
I don't remember a single song from the game so I'm not gonna say anything about that
>No interesting plot lines, just the classic Bioware script about you uniting people to fight with/for you
>Same fucking "We <special people> have visions about the bad guys, like in kotor

5/10
>>
>>379453053
The camp theme was really comfy

Also, lots of RPing options really helps desu
>>
>>379450750
Why comment if you've never played the game?
>>
Overrated.

This game, if not the series as a whole, made me understand why Jennifer Hepler wanted an option to skip the combat.
>>
>>379453385
How about you actually tell me what makes you think I didn't played it and reason out why in an eloquent manner than simply shitposting you BioWare shill?
>>
i liked the fade fuck all of you casual faggots
the only bad thing was realizing the shape shifting there was way better than the actual shapeshifting class.
>>
>>379453385
He's not wrong, the only real decision comes at the end of the game, the story is about uniting races (elves, dwarves and humans) to fight with you to defeat a bad guy (blight), blight has no real purpose other than being a dick and destroy worlds, and the characters I guess it is subjective but I'm with this guy, characters were not interesting
>>
It was an amazing game back then.
>>
File: Morrigan.gif (288KB, 730x667px) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan.gif
288KB, 730x667px
>>379448332
It's great, one of my favorites. It's a shame the second game was so bad it killed the series. In all seriousness, I'm glad they never made a third one. After 2, I imagine a third installment would be so bad, that it would force people who saw the game to repress the memory of it out of a desperate desire to retain their hope.
>>
Every quest is the same, world is generic as fuck, level-scaling, no sense of discovery; in general, entire game feels less like a world one can explore and shape and more like a single-player MMO with discrete bits of content dumped in by the developers here and there.

The number one problem is the similarity of all the quests. Almost every single sidequest is given by a job board and takes the form of "Collect 10 mushrooms for a reward," rather than talking to people and learning about their lives and the world. All of the main quests have the same form:
>Arrive in Place
>Place is under attack by Bad Thing
>"We sent a force farther into Place to fight Bad Thing, but we haven't heard from them, you have to go in and rescue them!"

If it's really cheap, then it might be worth a buy. I put about 20 hours into it when I first got it before the whole experience became tasteless and dry, like overcooked chicken.
>>
File: C9gC6W2UIAAeN2Q.jpg (32KB, 465x465px) Image search: [Google]
C9gC6W2UIAAeN2Q.jpg
32KB, 465x465px
goat game of all time.
>>
Why is inquisiton so boring. It feels like just an endless maze with waves and waves of random enemies. It's never ending.
>>
File: 1493464839456[1].jpg (238KB, 1124x977px) Image search: [Google]
1493464839456[1].jpg
238KB, 1124x977px
>>379455019
because you're playing it wrong
>>
>>379455101
How should I be playing it then?
>>
The Baldur's Gate influence is pretty obvious, but it never quite matches Baldur's Gate's high. Nevertheless, it has great lore, great story, excellent characters, well-aged graphics, and god awful crpg tier gameplay. Fuck the Deep Roads. 8/10.
>>
>>379455415
Does Baldurs Gate have better characters than dragon age origins?
>>
Can I be Guts in any of the games?
Just totally crazy violence with a two hander that isn't also slow as shit
>>
>>379455334
>don't play without the DLC
>don't play on a default world state
>don't be a race other than elf
>don't be male
>don't romance anyone other than solas
>don't be a warrior or an archer
>don't recruit sera and bull
>don't take shit companions
>don't be a completionist autist trying to get every farmer's 10 potato sacks
>learn to love the crafting (yeah really, once you get used to the shit interface it's a great system)
>turn on even ground
>up the difficulty if you find you're not pausing and using potions
most important of all: avoid spoiler on main story.

>>379455625
no game has or will ever have better characters than DA:O
>>
>>379455824

What do you think about the mod to instantly complete war table missions?
>>
>>379455625
I'd argue that the Protag and a couple of NPC's are better than in DA:O. But as far as companions go, DA:O wins hands down.

Disclosure: I'm just finishing up BG1 and haven't played BG2.
>>
File: tumblr_ool5mxFFp11ucreqno1_500.jpg (35KB, 485x485px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ool5mxFFp11ucreqno1_500.jpg
35KB, 485x485px
>>379456006
Absolutely a must. Without it you have to grind power like some kind of MMO. I also have another 3-4 more must have addons somewhere in my hundreds of folders on dropbox, but I won't look for them unless you ask, it might take a while.
Also it's impossible to know the best dragon age keep settings without spoiling yourself, I can tell you that too spoiler free
>>
>>379455786
guts doesn't really work when they're going for balance though
in games like this they have to give you major weaknesses if you're going to dish out unbelievable damage with a two-hander, because it has to be a comparable challenge to other class choices

I guess you could cheat and make yourself max level right at the start or something but I don't think that would be fun
>>
>>379456210

Good. I wasn't sure if it broke the game. I don't have it installed and likely not so I won't bother you for your other must-haves. I'll just start another game of DA:O :')
>>
File: 1496662838319.png (227KB, 635x661px) Image search: [Google]
1496662838319.png
227KB, 635x661px
>>379456421
>i will never get to play any DA game for the first time ever again
>>
>>379456378
Yeah I guess so, just tryin to get the berserker armor feeling
>>
>>379453857
It's kind of about that, but the tone is different. Sure you need to get the assistance of the fine stout folk but that means you need to rig their deadlocked democracy and barter with a person to robot machine. Hey, yeah, the gay elves of the queerwood could lend aid to our fellowship! It's a shame that they're still bitter about that time we genocide, enslaved and de-immortalized them.

Nothing groundbreaking but it's not what you're painting it as. And Sten was fascinating to me.
>>
>>379454180
they did make a 3rd one , its called dragon age inquisition
>>
>>379455824
>no game has or will ever have better characters than DA:O

This is completely false. I've seen way more people and even way back praise characters from Planescape: Torment, and I don't even like the game that much.
DA:O OTOH, shamelessly pulls their characters from popular and existing characters already present from other fantasy games.
>muh Aragorn fighting king
>muh big quiet reserved guy who is with the party to observe MC and banter my views with him
>muh tsundere female who is absolutely not Viconia

If I were looking for a videogame that had good characters there are absolutely way more games that have better characters than DAO ever had (PST, Arcanum), and that goes the same way for plots (PST, Suikoden 2).
>>
>>379448332
Worst in the series, the only redeeming quality was Leliana.
>>
Crap single player MMO with fanfic-tier writing for americans bereft of history who don't realize how gay medieval fantasy is and who don't socialize enough to realize how retarded most characters sound. That it managed to be out-cringed by not 1, not 2 but 3 subsequent games (!!!) one of which was even sci-fi, is nothing short of astonishing.

RTWP was a mistake. This isn't a game, it's a slightly less enjoying colonoscopy that goes on for 60 (!!!!!!) hours. Bioware needs to burn to the ground for crimes against writing and gameplay.
>>
>>379455625

BG's characters are all pretty bad except for a few. Aerie is the worst character I've ever seen in an RPG.
>>
>>379461885
wat le fuck
>>
>>379462061
made me kek for somereason
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.