[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this get good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 21

File: ffx.jpg (10KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
ffx.jpg
10KB, 279x181px
I'm so confused. I just defeated some (laughably easy) jungle temple boss, I'm just under 3 hours in at this point, and the game has been absolute garbage so far. All I see when I google this game is how it's outstanding from the beginning and I don't get it at all.
The fuck is this shit?
>>
File: tidus laugh.png (622KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
tidus laugh.png
622KB, 510x512px
>>379444631
I don't know m8. If you're not enjoying it now, you're probably not going to enjoy the game.

Which is a damn shame, because it's pretty fucking fun, and the story is fascinating.
>>
For me about when I got to the third summon and fought seymour a second time when shit started to get real
>>
>>379444631
The game starts twisting the plot after Luca, and the full blown twist come after you get the 4th Aeon, Shiva. For me thats when the game really gets going.

You should stick with it my dude, its bretty gud
>>
File: mfw there's an al bhed near me.jpg (15KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
mfw there's an al bhed near me.jpg
15KB, 240x240px
Al Bhed, better they be all dead bruddah
>>
It's alright. Plot is a bit retarded at times.
Anyway, play a few nore hours. It gets much better.
Altough ending is a little anti-climactic.
>>
after Luca
>>
File: yuna whistle.png (315KB, 708x461px) Image search: [Google]
yuna whistle.png
315KB, 708x461px
>>379445054
>Anticlimactic

Nah man, it was fucking good. I cry ever tim.
>>
File: link.png (13KB, 136x120px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
13KB, 136x120px
after Luca, it's shit till then
>>
File: 23423423.png (352KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
23423423.png
352KB, 639x479px
>>379445048
>>
File: tumblr_nrkmglsQIF1u24zzio1_500.jpg (44KB, 443x443px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrkmglsQIF1u24zzio1_500.jpg
44KB, 443x443px
>>379444631
Once you get to Luca/Mi'ihen Highroad the game kicks into maximum overdrive but if you're not finding the premise or characters interesting then you probably won't like the rest.

>>379445048
How did Wakka not know Yuna was part Al Bhed when she had two different colored eyes?
>>
>>379444845
>>379444845
Is this some sort of shitty meme I'm not aware of? The characters are all robotic and awkard, they all seem to make random grunts and noises (especially the MC) in place of using actual words. All interactions have been stiff and cringey. The story doesn't seem very special at all, I mean all that's happened is a giant evil thing sends him 1000 years into the future and oh shit ur home is gone wow1!11!!.
You seem completely autistic to me, however the rest of the posters here are giving real answers so I'll stick through it a bit more so thanks everybody for not being a mouthbreathing faggot like this guy.
>>
File: 20160513033659_1.jpg (948KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20160513033659_1.jpg
948KB, 2560x1440px
Game is good. Your brain just sucks.
>>
>>379444631
Its a story driven game, and at the time the cinematic were incredible. I though the point of JRPGs is that they don't lean on incredible game play.
>>
>>379445351
Nice hallway
>>
>>379444631
It's okay to not like things
It's okay
But don't be a dick about it
It's okay to not like things
Don't be a dick about the things you don't like
>>
File: 1495769097596.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495769097596.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
>>379445048
>>
>>379444631

If you're not hooked after Operation Mi'han, you don't like the game and that's fine.

I will say that, if you don't like it after Operation Mi'han, but you have a thing for busting through games with OP characters, hang on until you get Rikku and just have fun with Mix and if you're still not there then pfft whatever, you're still within stopping range as far as sunk costs. If you let yourself get to the desert, that's when you might as well gut it out.
>>
>>379445403

I love hallways. It allows a better story than the open world meme that everyone loves today.
>>
>he grinds exp
>then complains about the game being too easy
>>
There's a nice power spike about 60-66% into the game. Up until then, it is very easy.

It's also very easy to overlevel in this game, so I suggest trying to keep that to a minimum.
>>
>>379445496
How did Square get away with this again?
>>
>>379445134
I mean the whole "Time to fuck up Sin". From start to finish Sin is a terrifying unbeatable peace of shit, and then they just kill it. The ending cutscene itself is great, though the romance is lacking and feels rushed.
>>
If you've already gotten to the HAHAHA laughing scene and you don't like it, it's not gonna get better. Trust me, that's considered "meta humor" according to the fans.

>it's supposed to be awkward! people don't play video games for gameplay, they do it for awkward poorly made teenage romance
>you just don't "get it"

Too pretentious for my tastes.
>>
>>379445735
Difficulty spike*
>>
Fuck the mini games
Boss fights are nicely tactical
Random battles are quick (if you followed the tutorial)
>>
>>379445316
>I give you a reasonable answer; this game isn't for everyone
>You call me autistic, then go on an autistic rant

I enjoyed the game from start to end. If you HATE everything, then you're not going to enjoy it. If you don't like Yuna, and Tidus, and Wakka, and Auron and all that, then you're not going to like the game, because them, along with Jecht and Braska are the highlights. It's not an epic meme, people enjoy this game, people enjoy the characters, and people enjoy the story. It's fun, it's comfy, and the deeper you go into the story, the more interesting it gets. Obviously that requires a lot of setup with Sin, and Cycles, and Summoners and Pilgrimages and all that. It all makes sense by the end.
>>
>>379445735
There's only a handful of bosses that are difficult. In fact, only two (2) gave me any real trouble. Seymour Flux and Jecht. The rest were all fairly easy.

When I got to Jecht though, I seriously had to power level and discover the true power of Rikku to actually beat him. Fuck man, Rikku seems like trash when you first get her, but when you find some of the items she can use and how insanely useful she is, that's when you get good.
>>
>>379445834
Agreed. I still replay FFX every few years because it just makes me happy. The main characters you mentioned are insanely memorable and loveable as well.
>>
>get to the airship boss
>tell cid to move ship so the dragon can't poison breath me
>move just after he inhales
>next turn
>sweeping scythe + poison breath
>die after trying to recover over next few turns

is it me or is there a sudden difficulty spike for bosses once you get to macalania? that wendigo boss even killed everyone (including aeons) in one hit before i spammed sleep shot at him
>>
>>379445647
I haven't grinded one bit anon but okay.
>>
>>379446004
Yunalesca is harder than either Flux or Jecht what are you talking about, I'd say Sanctuary Keeper is too since you have to actually take positioning into account during that fight as well.
>>
>>379446104
Spectral Keeper*
>>
>>379444631
I got as far as entering Sin, and I still wasn't having fun so I stopped.

The gameplay is not fun, seeing that the combat devolves too quickly into "kill them before they hurt us", you barely make use of any of your buffs or status effects for 99.5% of the fights, and while summoning might be the best way to a sure victory, they take a fuckload of time so you're better off not doing it again for most of the fights, the later bosses straight up dismiss your summons because fuck you, so you need to have a party leveled up decently.
The balance of this game is weird in that you get shit health but insane attack, but the enemy gets shit attack and insane health. That means that if anything the Confuse status effect is the mobs quickest way to victory, a single party member that goes full friendly fire is enough to wipe the entire thing.

The story is cliched and I made the huge mistake of continuing to follow it after I quit, the second game is even worse, but by god do NOT look up 2.5.

The characters are all seriously retarded. The only two I liked were Lulu and Auron, but by the end only Lulu remained, I realized too late that the reason for that was that she never got a personality or much of a speaking role or any flaws, it let's you project whatever you want unto her, which is a shame, she has such an interesting design in contrast to the setting.

The only thing that kept me going was seriously the setting, we have way too few games in a tropical setting already, the civilized side not the wilderness side of things at least. I loved the idea of humans becoming Hawaiian in culture thanks to their relationship to the sea, the bright colors the sunny clothes, the beautiful focus on water. The interiors honestly kept me going, as I kept gawking at those pre-rendered static backgrounds. The later game shifts away from the Hawaiian focus and reverts to standard fantasy so that was part of the reason why I couldn't keep up.

TL;DR stop it's not for you
>>
>>379446104
Ynalescais a favorite of mine when it comes to bosses, if you're not careful she can wipe you out no matter how overlevelled you are
>>
>>379446104
Yunalesca is hard, and she has instant wipes and all that, but as soon as she started casting Zombie I knew exactly what she was doing.

Maybe I got lucky, but I beat her on my first try. It is a long fight, by far the longest fight in the game up until that point, and at the end she starts using meme tactics, but if you're prepared and have plenty of zombie cures, you're fine.

Jecht on the other hand buttfucked me for hours until I finally said "Fuck it, I'm just going to grind for a few hours so this is easier." Then I started looking at the items in my inventory (Especially the one that doubles your allies health for one battle), and realized I could steam roll him with Auron, Rikku, and Tidus.
>>
>>379445048

>Wakka "if they got spirals in the eye, they gotta die"
>Wakka "Better dead than Al Bhed"
>Wakka "happy festival fireworks is code for ethnic cleansing bruddah"
>Wakka "I'll be using your filthy grease monkey children as blitzball cozies"
>>
>>379446037
my nigga

i actually started finishing the story
>>
>That scene where Wakka watches and laughs at an al bhed being killed by a fiend
what the fuck
>>
I had the same feelings after 20 hours; I dropped it at the Calm Lands.
Fuck this game's entire cast; worse than XIII imo
>>
>>379445285
Because Yuna's eyes are normal, she just has heterochromia. Most people never even get a good look at the al Bhed either because their faces are always covered. The only thing people see about them is they have tan skin and have blonde hair.
>>
File: 3714981414_9455239f22.jpg (116KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
3714981414_9455239f22.jpg
116KB, 500x334px
What the fuck is up with the voice acting? Did all the actors just record them separately and do like 3 takes max?
>>
>>379446895
In my opinion, Final Fantasy X has the second best cast second only to VII.

Ya dummy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5U2LnBYqH8
>>
>>379446104
>yunalesca is harder than flux
Lel. Flux is the hardest story boss in the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2SHDFt8pSc
>>
File: o1JHs8U.gif (977KB, 427x240px) Image search: [Google]
o1JHs8U.gif
977KB, 427x240px
>>379446520
Why would you use Auron late game when he has the lowest Agility stat? Mix of 9999 is best abused with Wakka's Roulette and Tidus' Slice since they're multi hit.
>>
>>379446895
>worse than XIII
What the fuck, nigger? NOTHING ABOUT XIII WAS GOOD. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Kill yourself right now.
>>
>>379444631
This is your first RPG aside from Skyrim isn't it?
>>
wait /v/ is serious about their shills towards 10?

this game is clearly the worst of the 3d set not only in gameplay but also in story AND it set the absolutely shitty precedent of the damaged yet strong female lead with a tsundere male sidekick

like, seriously, it might not be the worst FF but its... ok yea its the worst FF
>>
>last seymour battle
>music is amazing
>battle only lasts a fewminutes
>>
>>379447107
Snow became a bro, Hope stopped being a faggot, Fang became a anarchist, and Lightning stayed fuckable
>>
>>379447270
10 is actually the best 3D FF

>best cast
>best gameplay
>best story
>best leveling system
>best character interaction
>good graphics
>good humor
>great monster designs

Side content is pretty shit though, but it's FF so it hardly means much. If you actually think x is the forst FF you're just shit and probably like IX or VII the best.
>>
>>379447487
VII, IX and X are the best though so what's wrong with that?
>>
>>379444631
You're like 15 years late.
>>
>>379447487
>tidus is best cast

man i cant even

im sorry but the people on this board arent even worth the effort of posting

i wish i wasnt such a shitty human being and did something productive with my life instead of arguing with pidgeons on this albanian flyfishing website
>>
>>379445801
>People dont play jrpgs for the story
Wut? I think youre in the wrong genre pal.

Also, the "supposed to be awkward" argument is for when people try to use it out of context as an example of "bad voiceacting"
>>
>>379447687
Let me guess, you think the HAHAHAHA scene is bad?
>>
>>379447487
>probably like IX or VII the best.
IX is the best, though.
>>
File: 1480511286381.png (269KB, 555x250px) Image search: [Google]
1480511286381.png
269KB, 555x250px
>>379445801
>another retard who thinks the laughing scene wasn't intentionally awkward

FF X is pure pleb brainlet filter.
>>
>>379444631
Get out while you can. This game doesn't even have a central antagonist. Seymour is the closest thing, but he seems more like a lost child that needed help finding his way, and not a real antagonist.
>>
>>379447998
>IX is the best, though.
Lol, no.
>>
File: 1470231249666.jpg (104KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1470231249666.jpg
104KB, 550x397px
>>379448030
>This game doesn't even have a central antagonist.
>>
>>379447107
Not that guy but I disagree.

Lightning was centered and on-track the whole game. A boy starts orbiting her and whining about a party member killing his mom, what does she do? She hands him a knife and tells him to take care of matters himself.
Another party member admits that she's the reason her sister suffered a fate that's practically death as well as dooming Lightning herself, what does Lightning do, backhands her then falls in line behind her since she IS the more experienced, no drama.

Hope is seriously shocking at his evolution from being a whiny weakass kid that's pushed by Vanilla at every turn, to a man with resolve and belief, he really grew in those short hours.

Snow starts off as the "Horray I'm a hero that will save the world" but he gets punched as often as I would like him to by none other than Lightning, and his hero fantasies are put in check by reality (the people he attempts to save turning on him, Nora dying that haunts him, him being labeled a terrorist instead of a hero and more), in the end he finds redemption through Hope and learns what he was a thug not a hero.

Sazh is seriously the best character and I will not speak of him here. I got serious Papa Nier vibes from him, but he was nevertheless moral with Vanila.

Vanilla is surprisingly the only character that got shittier as the game progressed. So I'm With you there.

Fang is a cool elder sister, and like Lulu in X that means she got no flaws, no speaking role and no personality, shame.
>>
>>379447998
It's certainly the best 3D FF I've played, though I haven't played XII yet. My favorite overall is still V though.
>>
>waiting for tutorial to be over
>game ends
>>
>>379448095
You're from a failed bloodline.
>>
>>379447998
>>379448095
Everyone knows XII is the best.
>>
>>379448201
>defending any aspect of 13's cast
Yep, you just have shit taste.
>>
It doesn't get better. The game is a fucking mess from beginning to end.
>>
File: goroBait.png (257KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
goroBait.png
257KB, 625x626px
>>379448425
>Unfinished single player MMO
>Good
>>
>>379448425
XII is worse than X GTFO faggot.
>>
>>379444631

Beat this game recently.

The beginning IS really slow, and the dialogue is for sure rather awkward but keep at it and you'll really start enjoying it. Characters develop really well, the story and world building is really good, great soundtrack and yes the boss fights get better. It gets better after Luca in case you're wondering.
>>
>>379447270
>it set the absolutely shitty precedent of the damaged yet strong female lead with a tsundere male sidekick
Yep, its a bait post
>>
The game really gets good once you get to the Mihen Highroad.

Also lel at all the fags in this thread shitting on X but probably love one of the PS1 FF games.
>>
I remember first playing this game thinking "When is the tutorial going to end?" and then it dawned on me that this was the entire game.
>>
>>379448736
There's already one faggot shitting on x and praising XIII
>>
>>379445801
It's not meta, it's just a cute scene. Tidus is intentionally laughing retardedly because he thought Yuna was being fucking dumb, and then Yuna also realizes it, and joins in, and they end up having a genuine moment.

You fucks are so autistic you can't understand basic human interactions. That scene is in there to show chemistry between Yuna and Tidus, so when Tidus kisses Yuna 20 hours later, it doesn't come completely out of left field.
>>
File: Cid8.jpg (66KB, 338x319px) Image search: [Google]
Cid8.jpg
66KB, 338x319px
>>379448515
>>379448526
Plebs.
>>
Fuck dodging lightning 200 times in a row in thunder plains
>>
>>379449179
When I looked up how to get the celestial weapons I thought "None of these sound fun to get. They all sound fucking awful", so I never did that side quest.
>>
>>379447070
Unless someone has a guide or been told to do it, the person isn't going to know about Trio or Quartet. The items required for them aren't often obtained by someone looking to simply beat the game, and even more rarely mixed. Hell, people pretty much always ignore Rikku completely until they see or are told what she can do.
>>
>>379448326
this
>>
I have mixed feelings about X-2
Replayability was great, the combat was great and there was much to do but getting 100% (expecially act4) was autistic
The story was dull and acting really cringy. Still, the gameplay was great. I love the game but dislike the story

..via infinito and angra mainyu were annoying though
>>
My rule of thumb is that an FF's quality is determined by how fun Blue Magic is to use, if it has it.

kimahri ruined ffx
>>
>>379449709
Blue magic is only good in 7 my man.
>>
>>379448201
is this nigga serious
>>
>>379444631
Kill yourself.
>>
>>379449874
I'm sure you meant 6
>>
>>379448194
Sorry but I don't even understand what you are trying to imply with your greentext and picture. Are you saying there is a central antagonist? Are you saying stories don't need antagonists? I don't get where you are going.
>>
>>379449874
>5
>9
>TA
>>
>>379444631
It does not. Expect more of the same. Glorified hallways for fields and like 3 dungeons, none of which are particually interesting.

Oh, and you know how battles at the start seem to all consist of using the right character to kill the right monster in one hit? That is every random encounter in the game. Have 'fun'.
>>
>>379445316
Are you stoned?

I found the game very hard to play and take seriously when I was baked.
>>
>>379449874
Right, the game where it was called E Skill instead of Blue Magic. Both IX and XI did it better than VII.
>>
>>379450108
>>9
Eating was too tedious. You basically needed to look up a FAQ to see what was worth eating too, if you didn't want to waste a lot of time eating monsters that 'taste bad'.
>>
>>379449995
>what is Sin
>>
>>379447813
>people still dont understand it was stress relief
i dont get it
>>
>>379450608
>Eating was too tedious.

It's no more tedious than having to wait for the enemy to use the skill on a specific character, or some of the other hoops you have to jump through to get skills in some games.

>learning Lv3 Flare from Red Dragons in FF5
fuck that
>>
>>379447070

What's more important is that his overdrives aren't very good against bosses. They don't tend to take a debuff or get shot out of battle. Auron is great throughout the game because he gets all those strength +4s and Bushido Fang is good for mobs, but late game bosses you gotta go Tidus, Rikku, Wakka for the combination of speed, power, and overdrive usage (With Yuna on the switch ready to let an Aeon tank a hit).
>>
>>379450972
>With Yuna on the switch ready to let an Aeon tank a hit
I just beat the game last week and I can't remember a single moment when this was needed.
>>
>>379449874
I know XI is an MMO but it has the best blue magic system in any FF game.
>>
>>379450754
>what is Sin
During the time of the game, Sin is Tidus's father. He isn't evil, loves Tidus, and is one of Tidus's biggest supporters. All in all, he represents the opposite of what an antagonist is. Did you not get a couple of hours into the game, which is far enough to find out who Sin is?

Even outside the game's main story, Sin is always the final aeon, aka someone who just wants to save the world and do good.
>>
>>379446354
>Gets to the final dugeoun
>Quits
Fuck you.
>>
>>379452015
Sin is still the big bad and the overall antagonist of the game. If you actually try denying that you're fucking retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZIpDJUE-tc

hhnngg
>>
>>379452502

Yu Yevon is the antagonist. Sin is just the weapon
>>
>>379452502
>Sin is the big bad and overall antagonist
>Sin is controlled by Hymn of the Fayth, and clearly Jecht has some control over him until the final confrontation
>Sin is a tool used by Yu Yevon who continues his destruction of Spira

Hmmm, yeah Sin is the real bad guy behind Final Fantasy X, not the summoner that created him and ultimately uses him to continue his mad plan.
>>
>tfw this game made me feel like such a weeb for liking this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gm3p7jq4fs
>>
>>379452502
You know almost immediately that Sin is Jecht. The game leads you to believe that Jecht is a good guy. Sin is far from an antagonist.
>>
>>379453563
>playing FFX
>get to that part
>dad walks in
>>
Just stop playing. You beat the first actual boss, basically the tutorial boss. If you're not digging it, you probably won't.

It's a more linear take on FF with a more fleshed out story to tell, comparative to games where sidequests were just that, sidequests, in FFX they're all pretty much incorporated into the game and you have to go out of your way to not partake.
>>
>>379453726
>Son are you playing a faggy girly game again?
>>
>>379453769
Anon, FFX sidequests require you to go out of the way and aren't any more related to the main story than sidequests in FF usually were. Where the fuck are you getting your information from?
>>
While we're on Final Fantasy, can someone fucking explain to me why they made Final Fantasy VIII's ending so god damn creepy?
>>
Why were most of the minigames in FF9 and 10 complete garbage? Like I fucking despise FF8 but Triple Triad was some good shit and I don't understand how Squaresoft could drop the ball after that.
>>
File: 1408324386410.jpg (46KB, 231x323px) Image search: [Google]
1408324386410.jpg
46KB, 231x323px
I enjoy FFX a lot. If you don't, that's cool. I'm sure I don't like some games you do.
>>
>>379454362
Can't say I can even comprehend how someone would view the ending as creepy so I guess I would be of no help to you. How the hell do you find it creepy?
>>
>>379456254
Have you never played VIII?

I'm going to have nightmares just rewatching this

https://youtu.be/-qy1GLPOtmY?t=7m58s
>>
>>379450408

So you get smarter when you're stoned?
>>
>>379446354
>>379444631
Completely agree with this. The characters in this game simply are not that likeable. Having played FF I - XIII, X is the only FF game I never finished because I got bored.
>>
>>379456423
>Have you never played VIII?
Got the game when it was released and beat it multiple times since then. I'll give you this, the middle part of the ending is slightly weird. Still nowhere near enough for me to consider it creepy though...
>>
>>379444631
You have shit taste, go play call of duty or fallout 4 faggot.
>>
>>379445594
>He never played linear open-world games like objectively better FF6-9
>>
>>379456923
The design of X was influenced by CoD though.
>>
>>379444631
7 had the best villain (Sephiroth), 9 had the best MC (Zidane), Tidus was just a fuckboi, didn't give a shit about him, behaved like some Jamaican boyband.
>>
>>379450582
>>379451736
XI did a lot of shit better than any FF game. it's almost a shame it's an MMO
>>
>>379453624
What a dumb argument you make. Just because someone was "good" in their original state doesn't mean that they can't be an antagonist. Go back to school
>>
File: c86.jpg (34KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
c86.jpg
34KB, 600x342px
>>379456997
>linear open-world
>>
>>379455951
gonna need a sauce my man
>>
>>379457171
A game that has an open, explorable world map, but is still geared around going on linear rails. Much different from a game like skyrim which is almost exclusively based around fucking around like a child with an attention disorder
>>
>>379456837
>can beat XIII but can't beat X
Naw I refuse to believe this one... I've played most FF's and XIII is the only one I've yet to be able to bring myself to get half way through.
>>
>>379445316
Bro this game came out in 2001, when fully voiced wasn't really a thing yet that was commonly done.
>>
>>379457378
Yeah XIII was just terrible. Tried XIII-2 and couldn't play for more than 10 min. Combat felt like autopilot, extremely linear maps, way too many cutscenes, really poor pacing, lore was incredibly dense and uninspired.
>>
>>379444631
It was "ZOMG GR4FX!" when the PS2 was new. In a lot of ways it was just a less-shitty FFXIII. All the problems with the current FF template began here. The only reason we haven't been utterly choked by it is because XI, XII, and XIV have been wildly different from nu-FF.
>>
>>379457167
In the simplest form, an antagonist is basically someone who opposes the protagonist. Sin/Jecht and Tidus are never really at odds with each other. Sin/Jecht guide Tidus while Tidus tries to follow Sin/Jecht. Sure, Sin is responsible for destruction against Spira, but the relation between Sin with Spira and Sin/Jecht with Tidus are completely different in the game. If Spira was the protagonist of the story, then yes Sin would be an antagonist. Unfortunately for you that isn't the case.
>>
>>379457671
>never really at odds with each other
>Tidus tries to follow Sin/Jecht
wew
>>
>>379457023
The design of your wifes face was designed by my cum
>>
>>379445316
This game is older than you are you autistic mud huffer.
>>
>>379457879
I'm sorry. You seem to not be comprehending something. How can I help fix this situation? Are you thinking that trying to find your parent means you are at odds with your parent?
>>
>>379458509
>trying to find your parent
>hates dad
>lost interest in him after having disappeared a decade before the game

bait can't be any more obvious but I know you need the (You)s
>>
>>379444631
It's incredibly comfy, the locations are beautiful and the music is very nice. Blitz ball is a great mini game, arguably the best in the series, the story was good and the combat is very strong. The side quests and end game challenge (dark aeons / penance) are very rewarding to beat too - penance in particular was a huge grind and tough battle.

It's not my favourite FF, and the linearity does put people off (I gave up on it when it was first released but came back to it for the remaster and throuroughly enjoyed it).
>>
>>379458886
>hates dad
First off, it takes more than that to be an antagonist. Second, Tidus doesn't hate Jecht. He is mad at him, but that is it. They love each other. Are you this fucking dense?

>bait can't be any more obvious
Is this supposed to be your not so subtle way of informing me that you have been baiting me? Sorry, but I won't let you back out with a "hurr I was just pretending to be retarded". I can tell you ignorantly believed Sin to be an antagonist at first.
>>
anyone else really love the world of spira?
the culture fascinates me, FFX was one of the only games that made me feel like the world i was exploring was truly different than ours, when tidus wakes up in spira, it made it much easier to relate to his situation.
>>
>>379459312
Never said Sin was the antagonist, I just called you out on your retarded stance of "Jecht was good, so that means Sin is good". Keep moving that goal post
>>
>>379444631
The only good part is the Tidus laugh
>>
>>379444631
>When does this get good

When Auron joins your party at the blitzball tournament
>>
File: 1389580819189.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
1389580819189.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>379457119
>9 had the best MC
>>
>>379459469
>retarded stance of "Jecht was good, so that means Sin is good"
Fuck did you not play the game and not listen to everything said in this thread? Spoiler alert. Jecht = Sin.
>>
>I know it's selfish, but this is MY story!
>>
>>379459613
Now that I think about it, I would agree with him. I do need to replay V since I don't remember enough about the game though. VI, VII, and VIII all have MC's that are too emotionally stunted throughout most of the game. X and XII have MC's that seem to take a backseat too much. XIII has Lightning. Zidane is not some stuck up hero, and not an emotional cripple. He's on an adventure to enjoy himself.

Who are you suggesting is a better MC?
>>
>>379461195
Cecil
>>
>>379444631
gameplay is the only good thing, i couldn't stand any of the the characters and the awful story
>>
File: 1377857475077.jpg (85KB, 800x678px) Image search: [Google]
1377857475077.jpg
85KB, 800x678px
>>379444631
The game that killed (non-MMO) FF.
>>
>>379461516
I feel like IV would have had to be fleshed out a bit more story wise for Cecil to be an actual consideration.
>>
>>379461195
>X has a MC that takes the backseat too much

Tidus drives the fucking plot. He is the X factor that can finally defeat Sin both due to his hard headed nature, reluctance to just accept the way things are, and his connections to Yuna and Jecht/Sin.
Cloud was pretty fun with the whole fake memories plotline, his trying to remain a badass while doing stupid things (riding dolphins, snowboarding, crossdressing) and his journey to become his own person again, I have a soft spot for Squall due to him just being an old /v/ poster made into a mercenary, and i've explained why Tidus is a better main character. Zidane just doesn't have anything going for him other than "He isn't moody" and "He flirts with girls"

Zidane is basically a Marvel super hero movie, a funny and charming one-liner but no substance underneath
>>
File: ccc.jpg (82KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
82KB, 640x960px
>>379444631
When you defeat Yu Yevon and start FFX-2.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.