[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say something nice about each one.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: wallpaper-0497c.jpg (63KB, 640x312px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-0497c.jpg
63KB, 640x312px
Say something nice about each one.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is garbage and has no reason for existing.
>>
For the same game being remade 5 times they sure managed to trick the goy into paying nicely
>>
File: Mandatory Souls Games.jpg (306KB, 1198x827px) Image search: [Google]
Mandatory Souls Games.jpg
306KB, 1198x827px
Demon's Souls started it all and remains a unique achievement to this day. The unique atmosphere, coherent world, and experimental charm sets it apart from its successors still.

Dark Souls improved on Demon's Souls' mechanics and set the formula for all imitators. The methodical combat and interconnected world impressed returning fans as well as the wider audience garnered with multiplatform releases.

Bloodborne was a bold but familiar departure that turned the combat system in Dark Souls on its head to great effect and gave us one of the best cosmic horror experiences in the medium. Shoutout to The Old Hunters, probably the best vertical slice of content that From has produced.

And that's all the Souls games.
>>
DeS: Started From's re-entry into the dark fantasy genre and is an incredible game in its own right despite needing some alterations.

DaS: Solidified From's presence as a major developer with one of the most influential games of the 21st century so far. Makes many quality of life improvements on DeS' core mechanics.

DaSII: PvP was alright.

BB: Offers a refreshing and satisfying new approach to Souls' combat formula and is an incredibly consistent game overall.

DaS: Well polished and mostly consistent game in quality despite not really feeling like it brings a whole lot new to the table.
>>
ds: fantastic sense of adventure, discovery, and danger
ds2: its not lords of the fallen
ds3: beautiful world, most consistent quality of bosses
>>
>>379440664
>Des
Some of my favorite bosses
>Das
Favorite level design
>Das2
I like the slow estus heal for PvP
>BB
Best dlc
>Das3
Plays fast like BB, Gael is one of my favorites
>>
>>379440664
Des: never played it
Das: big titties
Das2: majula is max comfy
BB: one of my favorite games of all time
Das3: reminds me of BB
>>
>>379440664

>Demon's
Originality. Atmosphere. A really great game for it's release time, it was fantastic. "Bad" only in historical revisionist context.

>DS1
Caused the massive audience increase. Probably the best overall game. Pretty brilliant interconnected map designs. Memorable locales.

>DS2
Expansive content, better "PVP" than the other entries, good NG+ details and additions.

>Bloodborne
Souls on crack; great atmosphere and a well-designed aesthetic throughout.

>DS3
A spirited end to the franchise, and despite the obvious burn-out on the developer's part, they still put forth a great effort. Where most series would have been utterly devoid of passion and half-assed it due to burnout, Souls/FromSoft managed to churn out 'more of the same'; which is a respectable achievement for a firm.
>>
File: 20170606183128_1.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170606183128_1.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>379440664
>DeS
Good Atmosphere

>DaS
Good gameplay, story, and bosses

>DaS2
Good variation and waifu creation

>BB
Excellent gameplay, bosses, and music. Great story as well.

>DaS3
Good music and dark atmosphere
>>
Des: it started it all
DaS1: it improved on each and every thing
DaS2: it tried something new
DaS3: it gave me an ending to the story
BB: it gave me sweet lovecraftian stuff
>>
>>379440664
Demon's Souls was the virtual creation of the series and genre and lead to even more innovative and fun games.

Dark Souls is extremely immersive and is easy to lose yourself in the world and combat.

Dark Souls II had some cool spells.

Bloodborne builds on the Souls' combat to provide a really unique and fun experience.

Dark Souls III had so many amazingly fun and gorgeous boss fights it's ridiculous.
>>
>>379440826
spbp
>>
>>379440664
You're all cute!
>>
>DeS: Humble beginnings
>DaS1: Top tier world design, first half of the game is damn near perfect
>DaS2: Pretty good DLC
>BB: Some of the best bosses in the series
>DaS3: The rest of the best bosses in the series
>>
>>379440664
>DeS
Cool atmosphere.
>DaS
Great level design.
>DaSII
Great weapon viability.
>BB
Best game
>DaS3
Good bosses
>>
Demons, Dark, Bloodborne and 3 are all really good games

I want to fuck the emerald herald
>>
>>379440746
This.
>>
>Demons Souls
Cool world and level design was innovative for its time
>Dark Souls
Improve on what Demons Souls did and made it better,with an excellent interconnected world design,and improve game mechanics.
>Dark Souls 2
Most content than any souls, introduced omni roll, and power stance,bonfire ascetic were cool
>Bloodborne
Took Dark Souls combat,and made it fast and fluid.Easily the best atmosphere and world design in the Series.
>Dark souls 3
Without a doubt has the best bosses in the series.Every boss fight has multi phase which keeps the fights interesting.Best level design,and music in the series.
>>
>>379440664
>DeS
100+ hours
>DaS
500+ hours
>DaS2
700+ hours
>DaS3
200+ hours
>BB
1000+ hours

I like coop a lot
>>
DeS - Great atmosphere, great areas, best music-style
DaS - best world, best npc quest, no-warping makes it goat.
DaS2 - fun multiplayer, majula is comfy
BB - Great Atmosphere, great setting, excellent descent into madness
DaS3 - best boss lineup
>>
>>379440664
>DeS
Most consistent in quality throughout
>DaS
Best NPCs
>DaS2
best co-op/pvp
>BB
had some cool weapons
>DaS3
Smough armor actually looks good on the player now
>>
>>379440664
DeS: Started everything and healing items were nice

DaS:dem worldbuilding, lore, atmosphere and non-MP covenants.

DaS2: Best bulid variety of the series period

BB: Dem lore, Fucking old Hunters

DaS3: Bloodborneized DaS is Godly.
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (50KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
50KB, 327x316px
>des
Sony exclusive
>das
shitty pc port so pcbros have to patch it up
>das2
Shitty game so it makes pcbros salty
>bloodborne
Sony exclusive
>das3
Pcport has controller issues at launch for pcbros

https://youtu.be/8tKaW8f9hk8
>>
>>379440664
>Maiden in Black is cute.
>Going into it blind was a magical and indescribable experience.
>The PvP atmosphere was lighthearted, silly, and fun.
>One of the best stand alone titles I've ever played.
>Soul of Cinder.
>>
File: TC.jpg (160KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
TC.jpg
160KB, 800x480px
>>379440664
I'll do a positive and a negative to have a little fun with it
>Demon's Souls Positive
Only played a little of it, so can't say much, but it was an extremely unique game for its time and pioneered the "Hard but fair" attitude of the games. Even if I don't think every part of every game is fair, I'd say the majority are. Also the setting seems very dark and gloomy
>Demon Souls Negative
It's hipster souls to me, it is a great concept but people can't say it's the best in the series without lying to themselves. The aura around the player is annoying and makes it feel a bit unreal, where as the future games felt like you were controlling a person, not a ghost.
>Dark Souls Positive
Cop out, but the inter connectivity of the world is unprecedented in any game until this point. Also it seems to have capitalized on many of the things DeS did. Blighttown, despite being the most hated area after pretty much every area after Quelaag, is incredibly designed and really gives you the sense of dread it's going for as it pushes you further and further into the earth.
>Dark Souls Negative
The controls can be a bit clunky at times. I played DaS second to last, and going from 2 to 1 was hard for me. Plus some of Dark Souls required platforming, which is retarded in most souls games, and the controls really fucked me over a few times.
>Dark Souls 2 Positive
First souls game I played, so it holds a special place in my heart despite me understanding it's far from the best. I enjoyed that it retained the ability to start pretty much any path at the beginning. This was in DaS but I still found it fun to experiment in different ways. Also the power stance was fun to mess around with, despite me never actually using it.
>Dark Souls 2 Negative
Lots of things, but for my pick it's the entire path to the rotten. Shitty bosses like the rats and sif 2.0 but worse, the gutter which was a shitty attempt at being blighttown with no real challenge, just frustration ad nauseum.
>>
File: thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg (44KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg
44KB, 500x406px
>>379451354
>Bloodborne Positive
The best one for me. The combat system is a lot of fun, but not necessarily better in my opinion. The world was my favorite part though, The initial areas blew my mind with the expanse of gothic architecture, and the narrative being a complete mystery going into the game, only to be thrown a twist that it's livecraftian style horror about 1/3rd of the way into the game was incredible. After reading the pailblood hunt, the story really came together for me and I adore everything about it
>Bloodborne Negative
Chalice dungeons, easy. I don't like how they seem like a minigame instead of part of the game. I also feel it did the game a disservice to hide a bunch of cool bosses in an area where tons of player would never know about them unless they used guides. That being said the Pthumerian Labyrinth is a cool part of the lore, I just wish they would've implemented it better.
>Dark Souls 3 Positive
The implementation of multiplayer. If they improved it with Bloodborne they made it near perfect in DS3. I'm better than my best friend, so after we both beat a blind run, we went back and did it together, me playing with him in his game, then me beating the boss solo in each area. Souls games are extremely fun to play with a friend over a mic or in LAN, the intensity and everything you and your partner do mattering is something you won't get in most games. It does make the game hella easy though so I wouldn't do it my first playthrough
>Dark Souls 3 Negative
Honestly hard to pick a major negative, because I don't think anything was downright BAD off the top of my head, I just felt a lot of things were mediocre in it. If I had to pick one, I'd probably say removing poise. Made a lot of builds in previous games pointless, like why bother with something like havels if you get knocked around like you're naked?

As for DLCs, I found them all to be great in each game. Say what you want about FROM but they seem to know what they're doing in DLCs
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.