[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can the Xbox One ever recover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 8

File: otros-aticulos_221146.jpg (23KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
otros-aticulos_221146.jpg
23KB, 615x409px
>No stellar exclusives (nothing to make someone that wasn't planning on getting a xbone decide to get one)
>Dead in Japan
>Europe doesn't give a fuck about it
>America is beginning to realize they might as well get a PS4 or PC as they get more options with those
>Never truly recovered from the "always online/don't own your games/$499 starting price" fiasco

What does Microsoft have to do to try and reach their days during the 360 era?
>>
File: 2430708-6669373103-3sYZx.jpg (124KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
2430708-6669373103-3sYZx.jpg
124KB, 960x960px
>>
>>379439408
I don't think they can during this console cycle at least. I still hear people thinking it has to always be online. Granted most people know but the bad press they made for themselves by doing that can't be undone for the Xbone at least. They have a chance next console cycle if they get their heads out of their asses. Also losing COD hurt them really bad for the casual playerbase.
>>
>>379439408
Sony gets cocky again. They have that 2007 demeanor right now as the comment of Sony exec 2 days on backwards compatibility has shown.

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/872094414914629633?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xboxdynasty.de%2Fnews%2Fplaystation-4%2Fsony-alte-spiele-will-keiner-mehr-spielen-microsoft-widerspricht%2F

Things will get more balanced next gen. This one is lost for MS. There are too many legacy issues because of that faggot Don Mattrick.
>>
File: l04he.jpg (27KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
l04he.jpg
27KB, 399x385px
>>379439778
Switch it to the Ps4 when the Scorpio is released and it'll be perfect. Fucking kek
>>
File: 68538-minecraft-2.png (378KB, 700x488px) Image search: [Google]
68538-minecraft-2.png
378KB, 700x488px
We all know children and autism would make this thing sell well if they released it as an exclusive.
>>
>>379439408
>sonyladdies still stuck at the xboner launch
Don Mattrick isn't there anymore to fuck things up, the PS4 Pro was DoA. The scorpio sounds like it's going to steal a large chunk of the market.
The fact that neoGAFers are so nervous and constantly making damage control threads like this only make things more interesting.
>>
>>379439846
Can they make it to another console cycle?

They have the money but based on the current one what can they possibly bring. As much as people don't like this but Exclusives are what determine the life on a console.

People are tired of generic shooter #493291 and the PS4, Switch, and PC gives them the options. I can't think of 1 good game currently for the Xbone that makes me want to buy one.
>>
>>379440349
>steal a large chunk of the market

We don't know that. Wait after the first month, then we can make an assumption like that if it sales well.
>>
>>379440349
>Thinking I give a fuck about any console in particular
I have everything besides a xbox one and that is because they have nothing good to offer I can't get on something else with more games I would want to play.

How would the Scorpio address this? A more powerful console without the support to back it up will do nothing.
>>
>>379439408
exclusives are not the most popular nor the most sold games on either console except nintendo because their exclusives is really all they have.

At E3 we'll see if microsoft shows exclusives. but additionally the scorpio is launching.

The scorpio will be the only native 4K console. It'll be the only console even capable of 4K game streaming
>>
File: SonyAlwaysWins.jpg (4MB, 2458x8486px) Image search: [Google]
SonyAlwaysWins.jpg
4MB, 2458x8486px
>>379439408
games and only games
>>
>>379440421
I used to have an xbone before i sold it for the ps4. I enjoyed sunset overdrive but that was about it for the xbox exclusives. From what I've heard the new gears of war isn't bad but idk if its a system seller. I think scorpio might be able to last them til the next generation where they can get a clean slate.
>>
Yeah because soon Microsoft is gonna slap Windows 10 on Xbox One S and sell it as a $400 gaming PC.
>>
File: xbox 2.png (113KB, 666x656px) Image search: [Google]
xbox 2.png
113KB, 666x656px
>>379440349
really depends on how it's priced. 399 and it definitely will.
>>
>>379440848
>sell it as a $400 gaming PC.
>"Why would I spend $400 on this when for a few hundred more I can get decent PC?"
>>
>>379440596
>How would the Scorpio address this?

Cause apparently consolewarfags only care about resolution, not actual games. See >>379439778
>>
File: 714314.jpg (19KB, 300x354px) Image search: [Google]
714314.jpg
19KB, 300x354px
>>379440694
> Actually including non exclusive games in your drone pic
>>
>>379440091
But only 2% even use BC, so sony is objectively correct, here. They're not cocky, they just aren't caving to the vocal minority.
>>
>>379440596
>How would the Scorpio address this?
It has plenty of games lined up, they just don't happen to appeal to you personally. I doubt your consolewarring nonsense will be a deciding factor in how well it will do.
>>
>>379440949
>kids with no money who want a gaming PC
>still an Xbox, just also a Windows 10 PC at the same time
>>
>>379441246
a vocal minority asks for something and microsoft delivers. it costs nothing and they gain nothing for it but they still made it happen.

a vocal minority asks for BC from Sony and they laugh at the idea while remastering their games. when the minority asks again they make a new service that allows people to pay to rent old games.

It's really not about whether they use it or not. this comes down to a better to have it and not need it scenario.
>>
File: nsa-eagle-no-circle_0.jpg (1MB, 2512x2512px) Image search: [Google]
nsa-eagle-no-circle_0.jpg
1MB, 2512x2512px
>>379439408
Microsoft gave up on the Xbone.

Windows 10 is their new "always online/don't own your games/programs/privacy" platform. All the shit that caused them to fail in the vidya market they're now pushing onto the PC market.

And it's actually working. Enjoy your annual subscription to use fucking Microsoft Word, you retards.
>>
>>379441246
They don't do it because they want tocharge you 20$ for old games on the psn store. That's the real reason. I would've sold my PS3 years ago if I could play Demon's Souls on PS4 but fuck it.
>>
>>379442797
>Microsoft gave up on the Xbone.
Wouldn't that be convenient for the SDF? Except less competition would end up fucking them in the rear without lube, but they haven't figured that out yet.
>>
>all the policies that caused people to avoid the Xbox One will become standard anyway
>Sony and Nintendo have no compunctions about assraping their customers, they just weren't ready to implement those policies yet
>when they do, people won't resist because there will no longer be any easy mainstream alternatives

Sony lucked out so damn hard. Jack Tretton's smug face that he wore while being bathed in cheers during that press conference is actually kind of sickening. Not like MS didn't deserve it, but they're not some kind of unique evil, they just got a a little arrogant and misread the market.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.