[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else not hyped at all for e3? This is the first actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: 354.jpg (754KB, 3238x1907px) Image search: [Google]
354.jpg
754KB, 3238x1907px
Anyone else not hyped at all for e3? This is the first actual e3 I couldn't care less about. I used to get snacks and get ready to watch a stream or before streams were a thing watch tv or rush magazines to get get the latest news. And now nothing.

It's probably because all my favorite franchises are dead and I've seen a steep decline for over 10 years now and all the new games are either the yearly annual popular game sequel number 23 reveal or a new game similar to another popular game that just try to cater to the same audience instead of trying something new.

Singleplayer are mostly cinematic trash and multiplayer games are mostly e-sports competitive based games filled with microtransactions with loot and skins and what not.

It's all kinda meh. Can a second industry crash happen already please so we can start over?
>>
what's e3?
>>
we have this thread every year
>>
File: please be excited.png (14KB, 958x134px) Image search: [Google]
please be excited.png
14KB, 958x134px
Papa Sony said there's going to be lots of nip games at E3.
>>
File: 1490676040921.jpg (300KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490676040921.jpg
300KB, 1280x1280px
>>379432779
I'm hyped as fuck for E3.

I feel like games have been on a decline and not fun since ~2007 but this year was different.

This year was the first year games became good again in 2017. I think we will look back at 2007-2017 as the "dark decade" in the future.

I think it has something to do with the financial crisis starting in 2007 that only now we are getting out of. Studios didn't want to take risks because the budgets were higher but the income was shaky at best. Now that there is a consumer base again and there is the financial background for studios to attempt some more ambitious projects we are seeing the Renaissance of good games.

BoTW. RE 7. Nier Automata. All of these 3 games would have been instant GOTY winners in any of the previous 10 years from 2007 to 2017 yet they are just "good normal games" now.

It's the gaming Renaissance starting now.
>>
I'm inverse hyped. The recent delusional behaviour of the drones on this board is infuriating, and this will be magnified a million times as they're arguing over "WHO WON HOO WUN MOO MUN BEE BUM" even if the conferences turn out to be nothing but cinematic trailers on one end and a fucking landfill where the only gem is a new "metroid game by team ninja" situation on the other end, like those presentations turn out to be EVERY YEAR. Hopefully by next year console sales will have slowed back to the status quo so you fucking weebs stop rolling in eachothers shit around a 6/10 game because a tablet's life depends on it.
>>
I haven't cared for it in years.
>>
never gave one shit about any e3 conference in history

in fact i dont care about a lot of the crap you cucks discuss here

except video games
>>
Don't tell me people actually watch e3 to be disappointed about video games and not to laugh at technical fuck ups and awkward presentations.

That being said, I feel like the last couple have been too professional and boring.
>>
I only care about Nintendo's E3, and that's only because of Xenoblade 2 and SMTV.
>>
>>379432918
Not OP but I feel the same way. This year's E3 will very likely have fucking nothing.

>>379433168
RDR, DD, several other action games, and more from the past decade were better than those games you brought up. RE 7 was shit tier as well.
>>
>>379432865
Erotic Entertainment Expo
>>
File: 1482787014622.jpg (458KB, 2422x850px) Image search: [Google]
1482787014622.jpg
458KB, 2422x850px
>early 2000s
>amazing platformers and the pinnacle of square's RPGs
>the west actually made good vidya

>then the marketing budgets increase and modern AAA happened

BURN

IT

ALL

DOWN

SENPAI
>>
Microsoft: Scorpio tech boasting, no games, maybe a reel of like, Forza
Nintendo: 30 minutes long, probably one new game announcement
Sony: Every game we saw last year but with a new trailer

Can't wait
>>
>This is the first actual e3 I couldn't care less about
if you've EVER cared about e3 or any trade event you're a braindead consumer drone
>>
Im extremely hyped and I barely play videogames anymore
I just want that drama that /v/ boiling all over
Man I cant wait
>>
I dunno about you but to me this is a pretty exciting Press Conference

>We get to see how Sony will follow up with lukewarm PS4 Pro and PSVR sales on top of seeing whether they talk about new games or just last year's games

>We get to see how Microsoft gets to announce their next big console, what games it will launch with that take advantage of the hardware, etc.

>We get to see how Nintendo will handle the rest of Switch Year 1 leading into March 2018
>>
>>379432779
Same, last e3 was beyond garbage
>>
File: 1474655519095.jpg (179KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
1474655519095.jpg
179KB, 712x528px
>>379434057
Add
Square: Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy
EA: Star Wars, Sports, Star Wars and sports and Star Wars
>>
>>379434214
This desu. Shitposting on /v/ is the only fun to be had during e3 it goes into overdrive.
>>
>>379432779
I have never been hyped for a E3. I just watch it to shitpost with /v/ and that one game announcement that actually gets me excited (like Nier Automata or KH3).
>>
I haven't been hyped for an E3 since probably 2010.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>379434139
>>379435632
Pre-Internet E3 was awe inspiring
>>
>>379434057
Sony: look best games ever just wait 3 years and buy remaster edition to PS4.
>>
>>379432779
>that image
adjust it for inflation, though. Yeah, games cost 3x as much to make in 2017 as they did in 1997, but the dollar is also worth 1.5x as much in 1997 as it is in 2017.
>>
>>379438456
Look at the pic again. its only the gap between 2005 till 2011 that saw the sudden explosion of budget increase not 1997-2017.
>>
>or a new game similar to another popular game that just try to cater to the same audience instead of trying something new.

I honestly wouldn't mind this if they ever fucking got it right.
>>
>>379436575
Old E3 was full of scantily clad chicks selling games to nerdy journalists.

Truly how far we have fallen.
>>
>>379432779
I'm looking more forward to the Tokyo Games Show and Nintendo's Directs than to E3. But whenever I say that, I invariably get accused of being either a Sonybro or a Nintenbro.
>>
Last year was the year for announcing new games. We're just getting more of the same this time. Nintendo's presentation is only 30 minutes and Sony isn't even having Death Stranding, the one kind of interesting thing they had last year.
>>
>>379432779
>This is the first actual e3 I couldn't care less about.

Damn son you're slow on the uptake.
>>
File: Op.jpg (5KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Op.jpg
5KB, 200x150px
>>379432779
You are finally growing up, anon. Congratulations.
>>
I haven't been hyped for e3 in many years. Or video game releases in general. I mostly just drink heavily and play autistic milsim shooters now
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.