[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What game has the biggest sense of progression in your opinion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: header (1).jpg (57KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
57KB, 460x215px
What game has the biggest sense of progression in your opinion?
>>
Disgaea.

More characters, more stages, more unlocks, much more damage, etc
>>
>>379430067
warframe
>>
>>379430067
stardew valley has the most retarded progression because berry farming gets you to lategame in two fucking years
>>
>>379432281
I like the sense of progression in the community center, fixing it was cool as hell because of the useful rewards
>>
>>379430067
Terraria has shit tons of progression. Every time you find materials for some powerful equipment you'll find out there's yet another higher level to reach until you're farming Cthulhu himself for the final materials.
>>
Probably Cookieclicker
No joke
>>
Morrowind for sure.

In the beginning you are weak as shit. By the end of the game you are a fucking god.
>>
>>379432281
>Two years
What an odd way to write "two seasons"

There is fuck all to do after year one.
>>
GTA. At the beginning you are a nobody.

In the end you have 2 million, 3 houses, a lot of new weapons and a lot of new friiiiiends.
>>
>>379434078
Also getting to know the town better is progress itself.

You can never say you mastered a GTA until you know where all the stars and secet weapons are and until you collected all collectibles and stunts.
>>
Monster hunter

Every little weapon upgrade feels very substantial, every little armor piece you get makes you feel like you've grown another level

And then you flip through all your armor sets in the box, and it's like, "damn, that was a journey"
>>
>>379432894
Agreed. I really disliked what they did with Oblivion and later Skyrim that the game establishes how you're something special in the opening hour. In Morrowind you're just a fucking loser, the lowest of the low, dirt poor and lost in a foreign land where most people don't care about you and those who do care dislike you for being an outsider. Then you slowly progress through the game but it's never easy to get accepted. In the end you need the houses as well as the ashland tribes to vouch for you, and only then do you get the status that in the later games is bestowed upon you just a few quests into the main story line.
>>
>>379434631
Is it good? I heard it's just Dark Souls but less hard and more archaic(no HP bars for example).
>>
>>379434927
What are you talking about? In Morrowind you get a dream right at the beginning where someone speaks about a prophecy and how you are the chosen one.
>>
>>379435170
I honestly remember it being mostly the sound of rain.
>>
>>379434967
I'm probably not the right person to ask having sunk like 400 hours into the games, but yes if you can stomach the slow early progression it's very gratifying.

Comparing it to dark souls is pretty daft, entirely different sort of combat, although I would say it gets harder than it after a point.
>>
>>379434967
It's very good.
Don't go in expecting dark souls, it's a light hearthed game about killing huge as fuck monsters using weapons which have very slow and methodical animations.
>>
>>379435170
It's been a long time since I played Morrowind without skipping the intro, but alright. Even so, having a random dream is hardly the same as instantly meeting the king, seeing him get murdered by demon assassins and becomes his trustee, or being in the same town that Alduin attacks at the same time as the leader of the rebellion is about to be executed.
>>
Unironically minecraft
>>
>>379435727
ironically unironically minecraft

actually unironically terraria
>>
The 2013 Tomb Raider Game had a Good sense of progression IMO
>>
>>379434967
MH was always harder than Souls.
>>
>>379430067
fable
>>
>>379430067
>posting Stardew Valley when RF3 and RF4 exist

Stardew was alright, but it's really just low-rent RF at the end of the day. Especially in combat section, where Stardew just fails completely.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.