[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people still butthurt over this game? It's been 3 months.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 451
Thread images: 53

File: 1280w.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280w.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Why are people still butthurt over this game? It's been 3 months.
>>
File: v_inThe90s.jpg (2MB, 1000x4212px) Image search: [Google]
v_inThe90s.jpg
2MB, 1000x4212px
>>
>>379429353
because it's a nintendo exclusive and also the most awarded vidya of all time
Sony cucks will be butthurt for decades
>>
>>379429353
Because it's a piece of shit.
If you weren't a nintenbro you could at least know what a good game looks like.
Fuck /v/ has gone to shit.
>>
>>379429424
>nintendies are so mad about the obvious nintendo bonus that he spent hours making this image without realizing zelda botw has 2 generation old graphics and those games were cutting edge
>>
I really like the direction it took. Every game since Ocarina has just been Ocarina's formula but worse. I want to see what they'll build off here starting from BOTW. Start re-introducing objectively good things like diving, bigger dungeons, hookshot, etc. for the next one.
>>
>making a thread saying people dont like botw
>trying to hide the insecurity of spending over $300 for one game
>>
>>379429804
who are you quoting?
>>
>>379429781
>Every game since Ocarina has just been Ocarina's formula but worse
So except making a game with ocarina's formula and better, you instead opt that it just doesnt work and that we should make shit mechanics.

ocarina was a better attlp, and TP was a better ocarina minus the wolf sections
>>
>>379429353
Some people have shit taste, and just hate on a game because it's popular.
>>
File: 1496790754401.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1496790754401.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>>379429804
>>379429765
>>379429679
SEETHING
>>
>>379429679
what's a good game for you?
>>
>>379429929
but what if a shit game is popular
>>
>>379429804
Mate I got it for £30 on my wiiu. What are you jabbering about
>>
>>379429965
Keep eating shit you fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1495137812325.jpg (67KB, 800x580px) Image search: [Google]
1495137812325.jpg
67KB, 800x580px
>>379430101
SEETHING
>>
>>379429908
No, I feel like it needed to have a huge reboot with an entirely new formula, and then see if it can be made even better by bringing the shit back. There's no diving because they spent too much time working on everything else to have proper underwater shit. It was worth it for the formula shift, but not having underwater gameplay is objectively a downgrade, and I feel like they'd have no problem adding it back in.
Also, I still think Ocarina is better than Twilight Princess, and I don't even mind the wolf sections. It's at least in the top five Zeldas though, TP is a great game.
>>
File: large.jpg (225KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
225KB, 1280x720px
>>379429765
Let's see what the developer of a "Cutting Edge" game has to say

>Breath of the Wild has managed to bring classic open world mechanics together while not relying on them to guide the player through its world. You go and explore it because you wonder what's out there, not because a loot icon tells you to.
>My expectations, and I mean for me as a Zelda fan, have changed for sure - they've raised the bar when it comes to world crafting and this sense of total immersion I get when I play it. While its world includes classic open-world activities, collectibles and loot-filled mobs, it definitely doesn't feel overloaded and allows the focus be on the exploration. You want to explore this land whether or not you are on a quest, or being tasked to collect/gather something.
>You know, If you were to remove all NPCs, quests and mobs, I would still take pleasure in exploring that beautiful world.

>Damien Monnier served as senior designer on The Witcher 3
>>
it's a ubisoft title with a zelda skin that fags defend because its has zelda in the title
>>
>>379429765
lmao, thanks for the lols
>>
File: 1493462305266.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1493462305266.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>>
>>379430186
oh shit, how will Witcher 3 fags recover?
>>
>>379429804
Jokes on you, I will buy the Switch until Splatoon 2 bundle comes, Zelda will come then.
>>
>>379430190
It's more like a Bethesda game in it's shallow themepark styled open world tbqh
>>
>>379429424
Did Houser really say that?
>>
>>379430179
>No, I feel like it needed to have a huge reboot with an entirely new formula
>hey instead of using the formula that got us the greatest reviews and hailed us as the best devs of all time, let's throw that away cause the series totally doesn't need it

This is how you and the devs sound like

>look at this golden egg. Now lets throw it away
>>
>>379430301
>>379430190
good shitposts, maybe if you repeat them for decades you might rewrite history
>>
>even devs admit how amazing botw is
>/v/ still cries about it

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-06-05-how-will-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-change-the-open-world-paradigm
>>
>>379430186
I-i never liked CD Projekt Red in the first place
>>
>>379430415
>stop criticizing my first open world!
>>
File: 1489122839725.jpg (465KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489122839725.jpg
465KB, 1280x720px
People like to be contrarian and hate popular things, and that's not always bad. I thought BOTW was really good, but boy did it have its problems that really dragged it down after the initial wow factor was over. It's important to be vocal about complaints of a game, even if it's really good, so that the devs can hear it and implement changes to the next game. I think if everybody didn't suck the game's dick as the second coming of Christ people would like it a lot more.

If I could make changes for a sequel:
>Put in a hunger meter. You don't HAVE to eat, but you're stopped from eating too much at one time
>Cooking now requires a bunch of hard to find ingredients in order to get full restores/green hearts. No more cooking like 100 Hearty Durians and being omnipotent
>Eating's animation is now in the overworld, animation cancel if you move after Link wipes his mouth so you might be able to stuff it in before an enemy attacks you. Also doesn't let you just eat a bunch of food while rolling down a cliff
>Nerf all special powers besides Revali's Gale; shield has one use, Mipha's Grace heals 10 hearts instead of max, and Urbosa's Fury does way less damage except during thunderstorms
>Damage is based on percentages instead of hard numbers, so if you're wearing the best armor in the game you'll only recieve 30% of all damage, not like it is now where 99% of enemies by endgame can only give you quarter hearts of damage.
>Sword/shield/bow switching is instant if you just tap the button instead of the menu it's like now
>Take 120 shrines and shrink them down to 50, make them larger and more involved, then make the Spirit Orbs you get inside equal one heart container/stamina upgrade instead of 1/4, lower amount of stamina you get from one orb by a bit to compensate for the lower amount of Spirit Orbs
>Maybe give Link some classic Zelda items that can be found in the world for a sense of progression, mark shrines that require a certain item with a symbol
>>
>>379430186
>not because a loot icon tells you to.
but I spent the majority of the game climbing shit and just looking for orange shinys.
>>
They can't play it
>>
>>379430393
Yes, he famously said that.
>>
Its not been post much lately, people are starting to forget about it.

especially when no one has a switch
>>
>>379430494
>Put in a hunger meter
dropped. minecraft players were a mistake
>>
It's a good game but it suffers from deep flaws and now every other fucker is gonna copy it poorly so we'll get another 5 years of open world memes.
>>
>>379430393
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/10/arts/video-games/q-and-a-rockstars-dan-houser-on-grand-theft-auto-v.html

Yes, word for word.
>>
>>379430415
Don't underestimate weaponized autism

People are convinced /v/ never liked undertale or five nights at freddies

>>379430535
You were looking for them in the game and not in the minimap or HUD, plus you had to climb high points and search them out as actual gameplay instead of having them unlock once you got to the Ubisoft tower (Funny how most people don't mention this part of the Ubisoft towers, they unlock minimap icons in other games)
>>
>>379430490
who are you quoting?
>>379430602
there is a daily thread about zelda anon, shut up.
>>
There is absolutely no reason to explore in this game unless you're diagnosed with actual ADHD or autism, which I'm 99% sure this game is marketed to. The fact the fanbase is calling it great speaks for itself.

This is the gameplay loop:

>defeat Ganon

Right away, you can go do that. If you want to decrease the difficult of defeating ganon, you just have to go to all four divine beasts and defeat them. Without any ADHD sidetracking, you do not have to do anything other than beat the beasts and use the closest shrines to your locations as both heart ups and fast travel. Once all four beasts are defeated, you can go right ahead to the castle and win the game.

It is the most shallow zelda experience ever.
>>
>>379430397
The latest game showed off how stale the formula was. All they could do was Ocarina of Time again, make Wind Waker's overworld but with a bird, and provide some of the shittiest, useless items in the series. They ran out of ideas.
Breath of the Wild is weak in the item department too, but it had other things going for it to make up for it. If BOTW was what it was and then the next game comes out with better items, it would be that much better.
>>
>>379429804
I bought it for Wii U.
>>
>>379430494
>Nerf everything besides Revali's gale

Despite Revali's gale being the only one that destroys the difficulty of a majority of puzzles and tasks? Are you retarded?
>>
>>379429424
Top fucking kek! /v/ BTFO as usual.
>>
>>379430725
Just because you make a thread every day doesnt make it popular anon.
There's daily threads about fucking new vegas, barely anyone plays that now so whats your point ?
>>
File: 1496440626226.gif (4MB, 428x312px) Image search: [Google]
1496440626226.gif
4MB, 428x312px
>>379429424
>tfw you realize that /v/ would still be 50% BotW threads if it had come out in the 90's but the oversaturation of iOS, Sony, Microsoft, Valve, and indie companies means even a paradigm shift creator like BotW can be largely ignored.

Then again I guess it is Nintendo's fault for releasing it on a dying system and one nobody has. I doubt 3 million people have played it yet.

>>379429765
>muh technology
Does it also make it irrelevant that it's a single-player game too and not an MMO? Just because one guy somewhere in the world figured out how to run the game on his tower simulator and run it worse with missing gyro control content doesn't mean it's not cutting edge. Technology is identified by some level of restriction.
>>
>>379430846
And yet even people not going for 100% manage to get 80 hours out of the game instead of 40 hours. It's worth admitting that Zelda games have always been long, but the majority of people aren't just jumping from dungeon to dungeon, they didn't do that in previous Zelda games either.
>>
>>379430997
>you make a thread every day
yes I make the threads about "now that the dust has settled what went wrong?"
>>
>>379430186
Some other devs chime in on how much of big deal BotW is.

http://www.gamesradar.com/were-all-talking-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-developers-explain-how-its-shaping-the-future-of-games/

/v/ will be forever assblasted.
>>
>>379430856
The latest game showed that Nintendo doesnt care about their core market and simply care about quick cash and autists who will complain if a game doesnt lead their hand or give them shiny achievments
>>
>>379430627
Well how would you suggest we fix the healing problem? If people are just able to stuff a hundred apples into their mouths at any given time whenever they press start, even when they're rolling down a cliff to their death, then you are basically unkillable if you just mash the start button every time you take damage. And with the game's system where if you're at full health and are hit with an overkill attack you're left with 1/4 a heart every time, you're basically invincible as long as you keep finding hearty durians/having homecooked meals.

Also I'd probably lock off the high level resistance armors until you beat the dungeon and give them incredibly rare materials to make potions a bit more useful.
>>
>>379431206
are you having a stroke?
>>
>>379430846
>It's not okay when Nintendo does it

Defeating the final boss early is cool all the time fuck off
>>
>>379429353

Do people legitimately get mad about this game or is it falseflagging?
>>
>>379431098
All that speaks for is two things:

1) the fanbase is made of minecraft players or normies who are riding the bandwagon with little trinkets to keep them entertained
and 2) the world makes traveling a long chore that speaks for at least 30% of the time spent in the game. Those 80 hours would be 20 hours if the game didn't make traveling long distances a feature. Morrowind tried this in the past.
>>
>>379431349
People are seething with rage trying to shitpost the game into being bad.
it's futile and sad
>>
>>379430846
Wow. It's almost like the game is confident enough to treat you like an adult and just let you do whatever you want, with no handholding or shoulder nudging. You're completely free to make your own personal adventure.

Naturally, kiddies like you would baulk at such a notion.
>>
>>379430237
sonybros on suicide watch
>>
>>379430931
I mean you can't use special abilities in Shrines and by the time you've gotten to the point where you can use Revali's Gale your stamina bar will probably be high enough that you can scale anything, especially with Climber's Gear. And to be honest most players who want to skip a climbing puzzle and other things like that would just wait for Revali's Gale to recharge anyway. Lower the jump height and it's worthless and won't ever be used. Lower its uses and people feel too restricted. The other powers are entirely combat related so them being nerfed makes it feel like you're actually using a special ability instead of just mashing through combat.
>>
>>379431295
It means botw is a bad zelda game, and a bad game in general.

>>379431468
>treat you like an adult

If the game treated you like an adult, it wouldnt give me the shallow experience of korok seeds and shrines to incentive exploration as if that is all it takes to wow me. It also would give me a good weapon system instead of making weapons break and calling it a day cause they cant be assed to supply said exploration experience.
>>
>>379431226
Force the player to be immobile when they eat something. You could even have elixirs be quicker (since you only 'drink' them), as a slight reward for having made an elixir over a simpler-to-create food item.
>Maybe give Link some classic Zelda items that can be found in the world for a sense of progression, mark shrines that require a certain item with a symbol
I'm all for adding more classic items, but the shrine idea here is honestly dumb, and misses the point of the shrines entirely.
>>
>>379430494
>Put in a hunger meter. You don't HAVE to eat, but you're stopped from eating too much at one time
goodbye lynels, then
>>
>>379430186
>>You know, If you were to remove all NPCs, quests and mobs, I would still take pleasure in exploring that beautiful world.
I've actually slowed down a lot since I finished doing this. The exploration in this game was by far the most fun aspect to me, and I'm struggling to finish out the quest line now that it's over.
>>
>>379431554
>by the time you've gotten to the point where you can use Revali's Gale your stamina bar will probably be high enough that you can scale anything
that's a retarded statement as many people do the rito beast first, you can get it extremely early on with a single wheel of stamina and 4 hearts. Also, your point about the other champion abilities being combat-related is also somewhat irrelevant since revali's gale is still overpowered when used to evade combat or as a means of easily cheesing things with slow-mo arrows.
>>
>>379431697
I think I figured out why people like this game so much. Cause most people who enjoyed Botw do not want a game. They just want to feel good and walk around with no challenge. And now Nintendo said they want to do this more.

RIP Zelda series.
>>
>>379430846
>triggered that the game gives you the option to play how much of it you want
ffxiiifags were a mistake
>>
>>379431818
exploration is what zelda's always been centred around you fucking autist
>>
>>379431818
I explored the world and filled out all the towers with four hearts and little to no armor upgrades. There was plenty of challenge, it just wasn't the kind that you apparently enjoy.
>>
>>379431602
>It would give me a good weapon system instead of making weapons break and calling it a day cause they cant be assed to supply said exploration experience.

You understand nothing about game design. Do you bitch about the fact you cannot go on a kill-crazy rampage in Resident Evil? "Why can't it be more like Serious Sam? I just want endless ammo to mow down wave after wave of zombies!"

You understand nothing about game design.
>>
>>379431186
>/v/ will be forever assblasted
we never weren't
>>
>>379431697
A big part of the game is exploring, and not just the map.

They let you figure out most of the mechanics on your own and thats where a lot of the draw comes from. Once you kind of know everything your main reason for exploring kind of goes away.

That said, I'm still finding out new shit every time I play, theres a lot to find out.
>>
>>379431949
>There was plenty of challenge
lel, you must be absolutely terrible then
>>
>>379430494
I see you're basing your criticism on YouTube videos. The game does, in fact, stop you from eating too much at one time.
No hunger meter though. While you're at it, why not wish for a thirst meter and piss and shit meter too? Why half-ass it with hunger only. And why doesn't your stamina go down over the course of the day so if you go too long your stamina meter goes to zero and you have to sleep or else you're stuck walking around at Links exhausted pace.
>>
>>379431403
>t. never played the game
sure would be nice if the game had fast travel

oh wait
>>
>>379429353
I'm just annoyed that people treat the game like a masterpiece and "the best game of all time" when it has a huge amount of flaws. Yes the physics are neat, muh open world, etc, it's just weak as a Zelda game. Before you say BotW is just a 3D LoZ, realize that LoZ had 9 dungeons, didn't have an hours-long tutorial area, required you to obtain items to progress, and wasn't shoved full of filler.
>>
>>379429424
lmao this is totally true.
>>
>>379432061
I do still need to fill out all the memories, so maybe that will be fun. I just don't care much about combat, so the boss fights are pretty uninteresting to me.
>>
>>379432036
nice lapsus there baby
>>
>>379431403
the game has fucking fast travel at over 100 locations you god damn moron
>>
>>379429424
>Quoting a kike
>>
>>379432085
It is significantly more difficult to find all the shrines without using the locator than it is to defeat any individual enemy. It mostly just sounds like you want every game to be Dark Souls, and that would bore the shit out of me.
>>
>>379432130
You're zeroing on semantics and missing the bigger point you fucking sperg.

Eating in the middle of any fight breaks the game. You can tank most things just by chugging +max hp meals whenever you get hurt
>>
>>379429353
>hey guys are you still mad about this game?
>fuck off loser
>S-SEETHING
seriously?
>>
>>379432130
I actually would like some sort of need for sleep. Something to really justify staying at inns, or buying the house.
>>
>>379429353
I want to cum on his feet.
>>
>/v/ this butthurt that there are botw threads that aren't soulsborne threads
you realize that soulsborne aren't the only games out there, right?
>>
>>379432130
>The game does, in fact, stop you from eating too much at one time

How come link can shove 30 apples down his gullet and go back to fighting
>>
>>379432194
>huge amount of flaws
every game has this. except for the objective trinity of perfect games, of course: ff vii, loz oot, loz botw
>>
>>379432194
>Before you say BotW is just a 3D LoZ, realize that LoZ had 9 dungeons, didn't have an hours-long tutorial area, required you to obtain items to progress, and wasn't shoved full of filler.

BotW has 4 main dungeons and 120 mini dungeons.
The gameplay in BotW is infinitely more complicated than the original NES game in terms of what the player is expected to learn and understand. The opening plateau area of the game is an absolute masterclass in game design.
The entire game is designed to let you play without restaint. Go where ever you want and do whatever you want to do. By the time you leave the plateau you have everything you need to make your way through the world. Locking progression behind item requirements would defeat the purpose of it all.
>>
File: 1490676040921.jpg (300KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490676040921.jpg
300KB, 1280x1280px
>>379429353
I'm a jaded gamer that basically shits on every game nowadays. I also shat on BoTW when I saw the trailers and had 0 hype for it thinking it would be just another open world game.

Then I finally played the game. It was probably the first game I genuinely enjoyed like I enjoyed playing games as a kid again in ~10 years time.

Don't shit on this game until you actually tried to play it yourself. You can even pirate it and emulate it on PC nowadays. Give it a try. ESPECIALLY if you are a jaded gamer that hates almost everything. It gets 10/10s for a reason. Just try it.
>>
>>379432239
it's true, /v/ is assblast: the board
>>
>>379432423
More like

>You guys STILL mad about this game?
>IT'S BECAUSE IT'S SHIIIT, IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIT DO YOU HEAR ME?
>Seething.
>>
Game gets boring as fuck after a few hours, the pacing of progress is astonishing awful.

>Gives you all the gimmicky powers in the starter area, leaving nothing new on that front the rest of the game
>due to equipment durability and equipment littering the world literally nothing feels rewarding to find outside the master sword
>Shrines are either single puzzle rooms or fight enemy crabbot
>The four dungeons are straight up just bigger shrines with a single puzzle room.

It could of been so much better if instead of the garbo broken abilities for doing the beasts you got powers similar to what you're given in the starting area it would actually feel rewarding.
Imagine instead of a fucking fairy on cooldown you got the ability to dive underwater or instead of a le perfect block you got a power like the power gauntlets in old zelda games. It'd give you a feeling of progression.

It also doesn't help the only dungeon in the whole game that felt like an actual dungeon was hyrule castle and sure there's a lot of areas to explore but outside muh repetitive shrines and hiding plant turds there's fucking nothing out there.
>>
>>379429765
>m-muh bonus points
lmao thanks for proving him right
>>
>>379432347
>and that would bore the shit out of me.
because youre shit at games and dont know how to git gud? figures. typical nintenbro
>>
>>379432663
Twisting my words to make you being on the right doesn't change anything
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
I've yet to hear a single defense for this game as to why I should consider it my personal GOTY, let alone GOAT. As to why I dislike it, I can sum that up in a few bullet points:

>too casual. I will not consider something good when it doesn't have a hard mode standard
>I hate DLC with a fiery passion, and charging for it is even worse
>I hate cinematic games, and as long as Zelda has 2+ hours of cutscenes and runs at 30 FPS, the prime contenders for a game being cinematic, then I will discard all of the gameplay. every last bit
>I hate SJW trash, and crossdressing link pushes me too far into hating this
>going with the cinematic point above, I don't care if the memories are optional. I want them to stop existing,. They are ruining my experience by essentially being cinematic tripmines that prevent me from exploring. I don't want to run into them, so I have to rush right to Ganon so I don't trip on a disgusting cutscene
>the game also punishes exploration in other ways by making Ganon too easy if you fight certain bosses or explore certain areas. No scaling difficulty in the slightest
>I hate Zelda as a character. I do not want to see her gay tumblr emotions in my video game. If you want to cry, go back to Steven Universe and tumblr. I'm playing a video game here

just a few bullet points. Now please, tell me why I should ignore all of this.
>>
>>379432716
You're right, there's only one way to enjoy video games, and it's whatever autistic garbage you happen to like.
>>
>>379432653
>Don't shit on this game
came to the wrong board, broseph
>>
File: 1541353253247676.png (258KB, 420x354px) Image search: [Google]
1541353253247676.png
258KB, 420x354px
>Look at our game guys, it's soooooo good! It's the best game ever haha! Everyone is talking about it
>Nobody cares
>Haha typical butthurt /v/, angry about everything. LOLOLOL butthurt Sonybros!
>>
>>379432775
Nobody cares about what you consider good weeb faggot.
>>
Everyone is mad because it's GAME OF THE YEAR and there's nothing they can do about it

Will be hilarious the butthurt when Geoff Keighley awards Game of the Year to BotW in December
>>
>>379432675
the progression is in how you use those skills, like using ice blocks in water and learning you can shock the entire pool of enemies without getting hurt
>>
Is it fully playable on PC yet?
>>
>>379432775
This is a joke post right? Nobody is this fucking stupid.
>>
>>379432423
>why are people stlll mad about this game
>WE'RE NOT! THE GAME IS FUCKING POOPY AND YOU KNOW IT! B-BONUS POINTS!
>seething
>N-NU-UH!!!!!
>>
>>379432884
It's pasta, I wish people would stop responding to it
>>
>>379430494
First real criticism I heard about botw on /v/ I can agree with most of your opinions.
>>
>>379432830
>"nobody cares"
>multiple threads literally everyday with people crying about how overrated it is
>h-heh.... w-we don't care....
>>
>>379432830
You guys sure don't care haha ;)
>>
>>379432884

Where's the argument anon?

>>379432934

You're welcome to copy+paste the post in the archives if you think it's a parta.
>>
>>379432851
or learning from bokoblins how hunting on horseback makes hunting easymode
>>
>>379432896
But I never said the game was bad and the people who didn't like it brought reasonable points of why they didn't like it, again you're twisting my words to make yourself look smart
>>
>>379432775
>2+ hours of cutscenes
is that a joke?
>DLC
nintendo went full jew here, can't defend that one
>crossdressing link
never seen anime huh?
>cinematic tripmines
you can choose not to click on them, this is mootest of all points

nice shitpost, im sorry i took the b8
>>
>>379429353
>Why are people still butthurt over this game?
Are they? I feel like both the shilling and shitposting have died down considerably. It's only getting mentioned now since ARMS got a low meta score and people are trying to say meta score doesn't matter, when they were using the opposite argument to say meta score mattered when BotW had a 97
>>
If anything this thread has proven OP is right.
Good job fuckheads.
>>
>>379432798
thats what youre arguing, nintenigger
>>
>>379429804
>spending
I'm playing this on CEMU. It's the best.
>>
>>379432979
There's no point in responding to such utter fucking nonsense. Cry some more for me.
>>
>>379432853
nope, keep crying piratescum sonybro
>>
>>379432968
Not as many as "lol Switch is the console ever and BotW is the best game of all time! Look at these buttmads being mad" threads

Both are bait though
>>
>>379433102
Yes we proved that OP is an insecure fanboy
>>
>>379433092

>is that a joke?
Anon, I'm going to say this nicely: Stop defending cinematics.

>never seen anime huh?
Well, I hate anime, so yeah.

>you can choose not to click on them
That's not good enough. I want them to stop existing.
>>
JUST ADMIT THAT IT'S GOOD ALREADY FUCKING CONTRARIAN FAGGOTS
>>
>>379431937
Zelda has always been about the coming of age adventure where the little boy grows into a man through trials and tribulations taking on feats that one normally cannot and growing because of. Botw is just a wide open world with minigames sprinkled about.
>>
>>379433151
No, I'm saying I think soulsborne is a boring series, and I would not enjoy it if BotW were just another clone. You, on the other hand, appear to believe that games can only be fun if they are soulsborne clones.
>>
>>379432938
>samefagging this hard
nice
>>
>>379433210
>sonybro

What?
>>
>>379433207

Utter nonsense? Well, you're free to explain how anything in my post is nonsense. go on, I'll wait for you.
>>
>>379432653
>It was probably the first game I genuinely enjoyed like I enjoyed playing games as a kid again in ~10 years time

Why?
>>
>>379432853
Yes
>>
>>379432651
Botw is not a complicated game by any stretch of the imagination.
>>
File: 1490679046593.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1490679046593.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>379432775
You didn't play the game.

I was sad because the game didn't have a story like other Zelda games. You should have loved this game according to your list.

I hate BoTW as well but it's because it's the opposite of what you complain about. If it was actually about what you complain about I would've loved it.
>>
>>379433268
If you wasn't a newfag you would have noticed that the ip count rose the moment I posted that.
>>
>>379433226
nobody will do jack shit just because you don't like it dumb fucking nigger
kill yourself
>>
>>379433243
false
>>
>>379429765
What games that are "2 generations old" look this good?
>>
>>379433267
and youre implying games can only be good if they're casual af and provide no challenge whatsoever
>>
>>379433376
whatever u say phoneposter
>>
>>379433345
What does this comment have to do with

"BOTW is more complicated than the original LOZ."
>>
>>379433404
I have never implied that. I've continually stated that BotW is fun, and I enjoy it. You can enjoy Dark Souls, and I won't call it a shit game, because I'm not on the spectrum like you.
>>
>>379432653
Try playing souls then, they're lightyears above BOTW in both level design, combat and lore
>>
>>379433404
No he's not dumb casual souls baby, your games are not the be all end all hardcore shit you think they are.
kid icarus uprising is harder than any souls game.
>>
>>379433047
>the people who didn't like it brought reasonable points of why they didn't like it
ah yes, like
>>379429679
>>379430101
>>379430190
>>379430301
right?

fuck off
>>
>people still reply to ACfag seriously
>>
>>379433370

>I was sad because the game didn't have a story like other Zelda games
Did you even see the memories? They were the most blatant tumblr pandering trash imaginable, and I bet they're the prime reason why the game runs at 30 FPS: they wanted the game to feel more "cinematic". I'm also not surprised that they refuse to put in a hard mode because that would've been too "videogamey". And we don't want our epic Zelda movie to feel like a game, do we?

>>379433389

>nobody will do jack shit just because you don't like it dumb fucking nigger
Then can't you at least respect that some people don't like the game?
>>
>>379433321
It's hard to explain and I'm no psychologist. It's not the individual parts but the entire combination of everything in BoTW that made it different.

Since I can't explain it the best you could do is try to play it somewhere. ~10 minutes of playing it should be enough to understand what I mean and why it's a 10/10.

It's like explaining the appeal of dark souls without having played it and just looking at some trailer. It just looks like a generic fantasy combat game with clunky controlls.
>>
>>379433474
nice damage control u literal baby

go back to eating cum out of nintendos cock
>>
>>379433225
case and point, this post right here.
>>
>>379433552
memories are not story and are entirely optional. If the game was more structured with dungeons and shit, along with not having all those characters absent for the entirety of the game, then your argument would make more sense
>>
>>379433512
>kid icarus uprising is harder than any souls game.
sure if youre 3 years old, any game is hard at that age
>>
>>379433515
They outright said Skyrim inspired them and it shows in the themepark styled "No Player Left Behind" approach
>>
>>379433574
That autism comment must have struck a nerve. I meant it as a joke, but I guess I was right after all.
>>
>>379433512

Kid Icarus is a terrible game according to your standards, since you said, and I quote, "games shouldn't have the option to be difficult."
>>
>>379433552
>Did you even see the memories
No and I finished the game.
>>
>>379433512
Souls aren't about difficulty, they're about good fluid combat, BOTW combat is rather garbage and not because the weapons break either.
>>
>>379433308
Your criticisms are ridiculous.

>I hate Zelda as a character!

Fucking hell. Take back all those 10/10 scores and constant appraisal from every corner of the gaming industry. Queer boy here hates a character in the game.
>>
>>379433552
I don't have to respect some dumb weeb elevating his nitpicks as ACTUAL GAME BREAKING FLAWS.
>>
>>379433676
Out of all the things to call souls combat fluid is not one of them
>>
>>379433676
And nobody has ever said that they love BotW for its combat. Nobody's claiming that's what makes it good. There are other things that make games good.
>>
>>379430393
look it up faggot. he's a huge zeldafag
>>
>>379433515
>cherrypicked the ones that support your view but not the ones that bring up multiple reasons why they felt the game shallow
Keep grasping those straws
>>
>>379433624
play it in 9.5 difficulty and let me know casual souls baby
go and stagger a boss like a retard.
>>
>>379433495
I have played souls games. And while I have enjoyed them as a time waster it was just the standard "I'm a jaded gamer and I play this just because I'm bored and the game is passable"

BoTW actually gave me proper satisfaction like you had as a child that played his first videogame.

Try playing BoTW if you have the chance at a store/friend or emulating it on a PC. I'm not pandering the game. I just want to give people the experience I myself experienced.
>>
File: game journos part 2.jpg (80KB, 627x353px) Image search: [Google]
game journos part 2.jpg
80KB, 627x353px
>>379433620
>>379433659

>memories are not story and are entirely optional
Optional story is cancer and should not exist period. The only story that should ever be allowed in a game is the stuff that's absolutely necessary for the game to function, aka maybe 5 seconds of text at the beginning, or maybe stuff you can put in the instruction manual.

Why am I being punished for exploring by taking away my interaction with the game to watch a cutscene?

>>379433679

>Fucking hell. Take back all those 10/10 scores and constant appraisal from every corner of the gaming industry. Queer boy here hates a character in the game.
Those paid off corrupt crooks only prove my point. They hate video games and only like cinematic experiences. I present exhibit A on the topic.
>>
File: panda.jpg (332KB, 969x747px) Image search: [Google]
panda.jpg
332KB, 969x747px
>OP: Why are you guys still mad about this game
>WE'RE NOT MAD! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
This thread
>>
>>379433495
Souls games are okay but they control terribly. Also only dark souls 1 had good level design. The rest is fucking shit.
>>
>>379433826
you said the people who don't like it brought in reasonable points
I picked people who don't like it and didn't bring in reasonable points
it's not cherry picking, it's called refuting an argument using evidence
>>
>>379433902
>ACfag still trying to perpetuate his shitposts after admitting he never played BotW
it's so sad
>>
>>379433695

You're welcome to point out how they don't break the game.
>>
>>379432775
>and as long as Zelda has 2+ hours of cutscenes
The total cutscenes cap off to maybe an hour.
>>
>>379433903
>no one is actually mad, thread is mostly civil
>WHY ARENT YOU MAD YOU FUCK GET ANGRY!
See I can also make up shit
>>
>>379433882
You're just a fanboy then. sad
>>
File: 1387351926835.jpg (103KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1387351926835.jpg
103KB, 680x680px
>>379432775
>>
>>379433495
>Dark Souls 2
>good level design

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
File: 14c.jpg (17KB, 207x253px) Image search: [Google]
14c.jpg
17KB, 207x253px
>>379434017

>after admitting he never played BotW

>>379434056

>The total cutscenes cap off to maybe an hour.
Objectively wrong.
>>
>>379434034
>I don't like Zelda as a character
OH GOD WHAT A FLAW
>>
>>379434008
>you said the people who don't like it brought in reasonable points
>I picked people who don't like it and didn't bring in reasonable points
That is textbook cherrypicking
>>
>>379434134
You said in several threads you watched it off youtube ACfag, this is way past the point of simply being sad, it's pathetic.
>>
>>379433495
Exactly how do Souls games have better level design than BoTW? The Divine Beasts alone shit all over anything in the Souls games.
>>
>>379434113
It was my first Zelda game. Actually I played majoras mask before but I didn't like that game so no I'm not a fanboy.

I played the game emulated on PC for fucks sake. Don't even own a nintendo console.
>>
>>379434154

>story in a game is supposed to make me want to play it
>Zelda is a huge bitch and a crybaby who makes Steven Universe look like Doomguy
>instantly refuse to watch any other memories, rush straight to ganon to kill him, get whatever ending because I really no longer care about this universe of emotionally fragile crybabies

Yes, I'd consider that a major flaw.
>>
>>379434250

>You said in several threads you watched it off youtube ACfag,
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>379434313
"I" being the operative word there you dumb weeb
nobody cares about what (You) think
>>
>>379432775
(You)
>>
>>379429353

I still can't find a switch at retail price
>>
>>379434279
By actually having complex interconnecting levels with tons of shortcuts and optional paths instead of a garbage mostly empty open world
>>
>>379434419
you are that same person, use the same words, the same language and the same "criticisms"
not my fault people see through you already ACfag
>>
File: 13_Desert20_Large.jpg (307KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
13_Desert20_Large.jpg
307KB, 800x600px
>N64 game
>came out 20 years ago
>go through desert
>find a huge temple with lore, cool enemies, puzzles, and bosses

>botw
>20 years later
>go to desert
>run into a huge walking creature
>go inside. 10 minute puzzle with no enemies and one linear boss
>>
>>379434567
>ignore/miss 99% of games content
>complain that there isn't enough to do
>>
>>379434630
You can't miss content that isn't there. And last I checked, I didn't run into a spirit temple in botw.
>>
>>379434485
Oh so you're one of those autistic megafaggots who believes open world games don't have level design. Kill yourself.
>>
>>379434524

again,

>/v/ is one person

Unless you can show me the IP addresses in the posts, you have zero argument.

>>379434420

the burden still lies on you to prove to me why I should like this game or consider it GOTY, if you think it's so objectively good. Otherwise you should admit that not everyone will have the same tastes.
>>
>>379434718
Ah, so you just missed it all, then.
>>
>>379434630
>ignore/miss 99% of games content

That 99% is shit, though, so it makes sense that they'd want to skip it.
>>
>>379434725
open world games have the poorest level design in the world. There's a reason level design is not done anymore at GDC, though that speaks more for the degeneration of the game industry than anything
>>
>>379434747
>prove i didn't play it
again? this is pathetic ACfag, you really have no argument to call the game shit other than buzzwords and your own stupidity.
>>
>>379434783
Keep crying. It won't change history.
>>
>>379434783
Like, I get it, you guys all just want intensely linear, traditionally progressing boss fights. I don't really know why, but you love the shit out of that stuff. However, the rest of us are kind of sick of that formula, and really enjoyed a game that was just about player agency and exploration.
>>
>>379434485
metroidvania cuck spotted. when will plebs realize that designing metroidvanias is the easiest thing to do. why the fuck do you think there are so many indie metroidvania shit?
>>
>>379434770
Unless you can show me a full fledged spirit temple in botw, my point stands.
>>
>>379434864

If I truly had no argument, then why can't you disprove what I said? Surely if I "didn't play it" you could prove it with some facts and documentation, instead of buzzwords?
>>
>>379434929
If all you wanted was a remake of the old game, you should just go play the old game.
>>
>>379434283
I'm playing it like that now, did 2 divine beasts and between the boring portal 0.5 tier puzzles in shrines and the shitty spammy combat, tons of fetch quests it's really nothing that special, but a really good start for Nintendo's first open world

This is basically Nintendo's Demon's Souls, a really decent base base but tons of flaws and uninspired copy paste, color-swap enemies and items.
Hopefully the next one will actually deserve the 10/10 scores instead of having +2 extra for being Nintendo game on a new console.
>>
>>379434908
>However, the rest of us are kind of sick of that formula
The only people sick of the zelda formula that has sold time and time again are newfags to the genre, normies, and the devs themselves who are fixing what isnt broken.
>>
>>379434567
>Locations in Gerudo Desert in BOTW
>Gerudo Desert Gateway
>South Lomei Labyrinth
>East Gerudo Ruins
>Northern Icehouse
>Sand-Seal Rally
>Arbiter's Grounds
>Gerudo Great Skeleton
>Tera's Great Fairy Fountain

>Gerudo Desert OOT
>Some flags, a ghost, and a salesman
>>
>all of these sony niggers mad that botw BTFO any soulsborne game
>in their seething rage, none of tjem realize they are missin out on the best assassins creed game that will ever be made
>>
>>379434929
Of course, the spirit temple, the be all end all quality measurement for all video games, do they have a spirit temple? if not, they're shit empty games.
>>
>>379434929
Can you show me a fully fledged desert in OoT?
>>
>>379435012
>please just let me play the same game over and over for all of eternity it's all i want
I bet you bought a Wii U
>>
My problem with BOTW is the one that many open-world games have, once you get good gear and weapons the game becomes trivial unless there's fifty enemies coming at you which rarely ir ever happens, like there's no point in exploring if you already have good shit to progress through the game also the whole upgrade system becomes kind of lame once you realize you can reassign points to stamina, hp, etc depending on the situation like there's no consequence and no reason to plan on what you want to upgrade
>>
>>379434725
When you can climb nearly everything and glide over everything it's no longer actual level design that affects gameplay, it's just visual design.
>>
>>379434485
>dark souls
>complex level design

Can't believe souls cucks are that deluded.
>>
>>379434971
because you said nothing but nitpicks and lame regurgitated "criticisms"
>>
>>379434993
where are the temples in botw? Why doesnt botw have temples, anon? Where's those unique game soundtracks, that different aesthetic tailored to each one? Those tightly designed levels and puzzles with enemies here and there? Where is that botw? I thought botw was GOTY? Why does it have less than what a N64 game had?
>>
>>379435042
Who are you quoting? Who mentioned Sony?
>>
>>379435129

Until you explain your position, I'm afraid your post means nothing. For example, a game running at 30 FPS in this day and age is inexcusable.
>>
>>379435143
>WHYYY IS IT DIFFEERRENT????? MAKE IT GO BACK TO HOW IT WAS WHEN I WAS A KID!!!!
>>
>>379434279
>The Divine Beasts alone shit all over anything in the Souls games

How do you figure that?
>>
>>379429353

I'm butthurt because I wanted a real zelda game and instead I got Ubisoft: Zelda's Creed 4; "Collect My Koroks".

Why couldn't they do a good fucking zelda game instead of MORE 'lol open world wow you can climb anything here's 7000km of empty, desolate nothing!"
>>
>>379435028
where's the temple?

>>379435094
using the same formula does not mean the same game, as attlp, oot, MM, and TP has proven.
>>
>>379435108
The exploration is its own reward. Read the way developers and fans talk about it, it's clear that combat progression isn't the thing that stood out to them
>>
>>379435042

BOTW isn't good though. too many game journalists liked it, and their opinions are poison for the industry. pic related.
>>
>>379435220
always the same posts, I'll stop replying to you now, get that autism checked ACfag
>>
>>379435123
>some hallways
>some open rooms with a few enemies in between hallways
dark souls is just another corridor simulator. soulsfags arent smart enough to realize how stupid they are
>>
>>379435115
what the fuck does that even mean? open world games have level design faggot. gta games have level design. skyrim has level design. botw has level design.
>>
>>379435234
You'll be correct if you said "why is the game lazily designed compared to an older game."

The answer is obvious but no zelda fanboy like yourself will ever admit it. The zelda devs are too old and too lazy to make a quality zelda game anymore
>>
File: dark-souls-entire-map-fr-us.png (712KB, 1500x1550px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-entire-map-fr-us.png
712KB, 1500x1550px
>>379435123
>>379434915
Name one game released in the last decade that has better level/world design.
>>
>>379429424
>dat houser quote

And now Zelda is literally copying everything from popular modern open world memes. Sad!
>>
>>379434908
>player agency
>exploration

You have no idea what either of those mean, do you?
>>
>>379434097
But people are getting mad, it can still be observed if the person is being passive aggressive.
>>
>>379435403

They might be the same posts because nobody can ever provide a good counterargument. You're always quick to run because you can't admit these flaws.
>>
>>379435201
ctrl+f
>>
>>379435369
>Zelda is a bad game because too many people liked it
and there we have it folks, every time the same nitpicks, the same exaggerations and the same non arguments.
will /v/ ever recover?
>>
>>379435432
how come most of those areas end up being played linear as fuck
>>
>>379435342
Thats precisely why people who said they enjoyed the exploration have no idea what they're saying. They literally are saying they liked playing a game that isn't about zelda or any gameplay. Literally the game to botw sympathizers is climbing, walking around, and looking at the sunset. None of these even touch the basis of a Zelda game, which is how you can tell most of the botw fans are casuals.
>>
>>379435458
Please, explain to me how I'm wrong.
>>
>>379435012
what was wrong with the old formula anyway?
>>
>>379435516
they are the same posts because they're made by the same assblasted autist that can't admit that Nintendo made another great game.
>>
>>379429353
People are still butthurt over games that came out 15 years ago.

Such as Morrowind.
>>
>>379435583
You were a child when you first played a Zelda game. Outside of the first two, maybe, the games have never been in any way hard.
>>
>>379435342
>The exploration is its own reward
I have no reason to explore if I already have the tools to progress on my journey, why would i want to stack on equipment i probably wont be using?
Speaking of tools, where's the cool gadgets? You would think the sheika tablet would get more abilities as you progress further but 'lol nope those are all you get enjoy :^)'
>>
>>379429353

I own it but I've been spending so much time playing better games that I kind of forgot about it after giving it a good 40 hour try.
>>
>>379435646
Nothing was wrong with it. Absolutely nothing. It's precisely why the only exciting part of Botw was during the old man segments.
>>
>239 replies
>59 IP's
Wow, nintenbros pretty desperate to try and make zelda a never ever
>>
>>379435143
>where are the temples in botw?
There 4 dungeons and 120 mini dungeons. Nintendo deliberately did go with themed dungeons because people were bored of them. BotW is a deliberate break from convention. If your main complaint about BotW is that it is not like another game, well then that's just fucking hilarious.
>Where's those unique game soundtracks, that different aesthetic tailored to each one?
The minimalist score is there to compliment the game's themes of isolation and desolation. Plus the sound design of the world is really impressive if you have a pair of headphones.
>Those tightly designed levels and puzzles with enemies here and there?
What?
>>
>>379435432
The second half of the game is fucking shit in terms of actual level design. Shit like Lost Izalith and the Crystal game is just trash. Fucking Axiom Verge has better level design than Dark Souls because of that. Platformers like Tropical Freeze shit all over that.
>>
>>379435301
12 shrines, multiple quests, ancient ruins, gigantic statues with puzzles, a boss fight at the end

What you're dumb ass hasn't figured out is that BOTW has multiple dungeons, just that it's literally the overworld, similar to how Skyward Sword did it
>>
>>379435724
How did you manage to quote the answer to your own question? You explore because it's fun to explore. The world has a lot in it, and it's fun to go discover it. There don't have to be little rewards, like new tools, to keep you going, because The exploration is its own reward.
>>
>>379435649
>>379435551

Double standards.

>Ps4 has no games
>despite it having multiple titles with 90+ metacritics
>this means gaming journos are corrupt and only like movies

>Switch has tons of games supposedly
>only credit is that the games have high metacritics
>suddenly they're no longer corrupt

Nobody ever addresses that little contradiction.
>>
>>379435723
This isn't about difficulty. It's about modern players not wanting a game to play. Just to look at.
>>
>>379435143

All the dungeons and temples have been pillaged to shit so the sheikah had to make new ones (shrines)
>>
>>379435448

On that note, why the fuck is anyone taking Dan Houser's word for the gospel?
>>
>>379435250
considering you can actually interact with them and move the entire level then yes it's something more complex. i'd say stuff like sen fortress is on the same level as the divine beasts
>>
>>379435115
You are an absolute deluded fucking moron who clearly doesn't know the first fucking thing about game design. Just give up.
>>
>>379435852
>How did you manage to quote the answer to your own question? You explore because it's fun to explore
No i explore because i want gear so i dont get gangraped by the gameworld
>>
>>379435843
They're not exactly the same as the old ones so they don't count.
>>
>>379435817
>Nintendo deliberately did go with themed dungeons because people were bored of them
>one of the biggest complains is the absence of dungeons

I think this just speaks of how out of touch Nintendo is with their core fanbase. But I kinda understand what is going on. Botw is just Nintendo targeting another audience. Those who grew up on Zelda, including the awesome attlp and OoT series have been left out in the snow. Another one bites the dust.
>>
>>379430846
so chronic trigger is bad because you can choose when to fight the final boss?
>>
>>379435775
but /v/ keeps telling me old zelda formula sucks.
>>
>>379435872
Exploration includes things like solving the labyrinth, or climbing the guarded towers, or sneaking into heavily guarded enemy areas. There's tons of little puzzles to solve or problems to overcome. It's a game, it's just not the kind you expected, so it triggers your autism.
>>
>>379435856
Ps4 is shit and has no games because too many autists like you like Sony
us neurotypical folks and adults enjoy our Switch.
enjoy being forever a manchild, and please try to convince me you're not a manchild by namedropping edgy shit like Purse Owner or Nier
>>
File: 1435970203572.jpg (240KB, 1158x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1435970203572.jpg
240KB, 1158x1469px
>>379435843
>comparing Botw to SS now

lol thats how you know how weak of a leg Botw stands on when they have to use SS as their defense instead of OoT, the greatest Zelda game of all time
>>
>>379435646
>formula
that. right there. why do you think mega''never changes anything at all ever''man died out?
>>
>>379436012
That is one way to design games, but it is not the only correct way.
>>
>>379436031
>muh core audience
I genuinely hope that everyone like you abandons Nintendo, because you're completely insufferable
>>
>people that make games tell me game is great
>butthurt autists that don't play games and shitpost 24/7 tell me game is bad
hmmmm who do I believe... really... makes me think...
>>
>>379435782
No it's more like /v/ - 3 months on - cannot get over BotW. I'm not even surprised, the ass blasting this board took was monumental. I've been laughing every day. Based Nintendo.
>>
>>379435724
>I have no reason to play a game to get the most out of the experience if I already have the tools to just go through the parts i have to because i hate playing games
alright
>>
>>379436093

>assumes I like sony
>unironically uses the filthy normies as a positive standard
>assumes I like Persona or Nier when they're both cinematic trash too

That's three strikes. YER OUT!
>>
>>379436132
Ocarina of Time is also exactly like Bubsy 3D in that you have to climb PLATFORMS in a PLATFORMING GAME so there goes your argument
>>
File: 1476025686352.jpg (52KB, 396x478px) Image search: [Google]
1476025686352.jpg
52KB, 396x478px
>379436093
You could at least try
>>
>>379436071
Then tell me why no one has actually given specifics to liking the gameplay part of Zelda. They say "exploration is fun" but they never bring up the intricacies of the game? Because they are normies or they are parroting what others have told them. I know a genuine liking to a canned response. I've been around enough games to tell when someone actually liked a game or whether they just are giving a generic response cause they can't really say for sure why they liked it.
>>
>>379436312
Serious question, when was the last time you took a shower?
>>
>>379436227
>I hope people who played video games for them being games no longer plague the industry

Ah so you want passive experiences like telltale games to be the dominant genre. Sounds about right
>>
>>379436363
Did you actually play this game? And search out all of the areas it had to offer? Exploration is gameplay, too.
>>
>>379433226
>I hate anime
>Uses an anime reaction image
Okay buddy
>>
>>379436049
Only by faggots who defend this open world Ubisoft formula. They are usually underage retards who don't know any better.
>>
File: 1496450547410.png (708KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496450547410.png
708KB, 640x640px
>>379436246
damn...
>>
>>379436246
You're right. Enjoy your Gone Homo.
>>
>>379436031
>Those who grew up on Zelda, including the awesome attlp and OoT series have been left out in the snow

Those are the same people who have been craving something new and fresh from the series. Nintendo are damned if they do, damned if they don't.

What will be your method of suicide once all the awards start rolling in?
>>
>>379436372

Well, the last time I took a shower was the last time I played a video game, and i was going through The Legend of Zelda today, so Last night.
>>
>>379436449
>only this one stale formula is allowed to be called a game, everything else is just movies!
You realize that one of the main compliments this game has been given is how much agency you as a player have, right? You are given the entire world to explore and interact with, with almost no real barriers.
>>
File: 1494164163153.png (922KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1494164163153.png
922KB, 1400x1050px
>>379436547
DESPERATE
>>
File: 1453082065853.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453082065853.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>379430846
>wanting to explore means you have ADHD

http://youhaveautism.com/
>>
>>379435856

You're talking about the random opinions of millions of other people who, if you're a rationally thinking adult, you should already know don't amount to shit.

Seriously, stop taking the opinions of other people you don't know as gospel and remember other people are shit.
>>
>>379436551
>>Those are the same people who have been craving something new and fresh from the series
What? No! Surely everyone who grew up on Zelda just wanted to play exactly the same formula for their entire life!
>>
>>379436585

There's not enough agency though. I can't kill Zelda for being completely useless and ruining the entire game. I can't play the game on a harder difficulty without DLC. I can't play as someone who isn't an effeminate lady-boy.

No agency for me.
>>
>>379436291
>You're not playing the game like I want!
Calm down there autismo I bet you throw a fit whenever people go straight to fight Ganon and win
>>
>>379436005
I know gliding over and climbing around a world map that is 50% empty mountains isn't good level design, it's just garbage padding.

They really had something with this one but then went the Skyrim way of just diluting everything so the interesting chunks of content are few and far between.
The Shrines don't really help unless you feel good about yourself for solving starter level IQ tests.

Guess they had a certain amount of play time they decided on this one and instead of trying to make combat more challenging and engaging or having actual dungeons they wen't with just expanding the map size and peppering the empty parts with a few mushrooms, animals and the same 3 enemy camps.

Still, it's not as bad as the padding and meaningless content in Wind Waker, BOTW is a solid 8/10 game.
>>
>>379436749
Only the first of those is a matter of agency. Please don't post from a position of ignorance, it makes you look stupid.
>>
>>379436284
You couldnt prove his point better even if you tried to
>>
>>379436608
Indeed, people are quick to dismiss GTAIV but it is truly a masterpiece.
>>
>>379436706

See, this is what I'm saying, and I agree with you. If people here like Zelda for their own reasons, I'm cool with that. But when people like Zelda and then bring up metacritic scores as if that meant anything, that's what makes me shake my head.
>>
>>379436608
>if all of these people who make a living off of talking about video games say this video game is good it must be true!

Ya could at least remove Nintendo Insider and Nintendo Life because let's be honest those don't sound like people with a shred of integrity when it comes to a major Nintendo franchise.
>>
>>379436848
It is a masterpiece, were you trying to be sarcastic? GTAIV is one of the best games ever made, try not proving me right next time you're going to be a passive aggressive little bitch.
>>
>>379429908
everything that came after zelda 1 was a worse zelda 1. BotW attemps to recapture what they set up with zelda 1, the whole freedom of exploration thing. It's a step in the right direction, if a flawed one.
>>
>>379436837

All of those involve agency. Why can;'t I play the game as I please? Even Minecraft remedied this by letting me mod it to my heart's content. Are you saying you can't match up with minecraft?
>>
>>379436931
you're right I should replace it with the DUALSHOCKERS 10/10 ;^)
>>
>>379437016
I will not continue this discussion until you go read up on what "player agency" means, because it's pointless to argue with an idiot.
>>
>>379436756
no i complain when people trash a game just because it's popular
>>
File: player agency.jpg (374KB, 1032x1441px) Image search: [Google]
player agency.jpg
374KB, 1032x1441px
>>379437102

I know player agency damn well, anon. And a game that forces me to care about a soulless whore whose only feature is that she cries? That sure ain't player agency.
>>
>>379436829
Watch no one trying to reply to this post or just reply with insults
>>
File: falcon nope.jpg (15KB, 172x195px) Image search: [Google]
falcon nope.jpg
15KB, 172x195px
>>379436996
>It's a step in the right direction

It's a desperate retreading of ground for a franchise that has been treading water for the last decade.

There's only so much Nintendo can do with Zelda and Mario before the vast majority of you will come to realize that they have drained the creative well dry.

I can't till Shiggy dies and hopefully Nintendo will inject new blood who will make actual new IPs and we'll see less nostalgic handjobs coming out of Japan to drain the last drop of childhood semen from my withered ball sack.
>>
>>379431349
I'm not mad that it is a 7/10. I am mad that a 7/10 game is being upheld as some grand masterpiece and will once again cripple Nintendo's creativity. I am mad that without even having to read the thread, I know several Zelda-fags have already told anons they haven't played the game when they bring up criticism. I am mad that these people are posting in other threads and that whenever someone doesn't have an argument/starts spouting buzzwords, I will now wonder if he is just a Zelda fanboy as well.

Game is fun enough, though it could've been better. The fact you can't say anything negative without angry Zelda-fags crawling up your ass is another thing
>>
>>379437234
But i didnt trash it, I just said i didnt find exploring further worthwhile if i already have the means to beat the game
>>
>>379436983
Absolutely, ME2&3 are fantastic.
>>
>>379437394
Desperation is a turnoff anon-kun
>>
>>379437236
It's true, like I said, the fact that you can't kill Zelda herself is a limit on your agency as a player. But a relatively small one compared to most games. And when you compare your agency between BotW and every other Zelda game, the difference becomes very stark.
You brought up Minecraft, and the answer is, yes, you have even more agency in minecraft, because that's what building games are entirely about. However, the exploration in Minecraft leaves a lot to long for, and BotW does not.
>>
>>379437252
We're already getting new IPs, don't be a whiny cunt
>>
>>379437273
>The fact you can't say anything positive without angry Souls-fags crawling up your ass is another thing
>>
>>379429424
I understand that OOT has revolutionary mechanics but I genuinely believe it's a terrible game.
>>
>>379437578

ARMS and thankfully another Splatoon... other than that we're getting jack and shit.. or Mario and Zelda.
>>
>>379437485
Correct, Bioshock Infinite really makes one think.
>>
>>379437749
you are so desperate to shit on BotW, it's sad.
>>
>>379437714
wat?

Are you implying the same thing applies to DaS as well?
>>
>>379437714
Not him but we know Soulsfags are shit but how that changes the fact Zeldafags are also shit?
>>
>>379437515

>But a relatively small one compared to most games.
Oh no no no anon. We're not playing that game. The entire game tries to force you to like her. Every single cutscene and piece of dialogue is put there to try and paint this bitch as something other than a miserable waste of space, and I'm supposed to care. The "good" ending is based all around her infact, almost like they think she's even 1% of an incentive for me to want to beat the game. That I don't let slide easily.

>And when you compare your agency between BotW and every other Zelda game, the difference becomes very stark.
Can't kill any of the bad characters I want to in any of them, except maybe Ganon or whoever's playing the role of the ultimate evil. So they're all rigid and restrictive.

>You brought up Minecraft, and the answer is, yes, you have even more agency in minecraft, because that's what building games are entirely about. However, the exploration in Minecraft leaves a lot to long for, and BotW does not.
This is an argument with vanilla minecraft, I won't lie, but with mods Minecraft completely and utterly destroys Zelda in every single way, no competition. Whether it allows custom world seeds that make for pre-determined level generation, entire worlds that can be crafted at a whim, new dimensions like the Twilight forest, new enemies, new bosses, new game mechanics, you name it. It's a level of pure kino freedom that no game can ever compare to. Of course it's not a perfect game, and you can thank that fat idiot Notch for it, but as it is, it and Dwarf Fortress are the only open world games that have ever come close to doing the genre right.
>>
>>379438036
TLDR
>>
>>379429353
You could say the same about nier automata
>>
>>379437816
I too greatly enjoy Undertale.
>>
>>379438143
You could say that about literally every single game on /v/ that gets even a remote amount of praise
>>
>>379438123

Here's an abridged version for you then, chappy.

>let me kill zelda off, or don't have her exist period. Games like Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask prove that she's not essential to the series
>give me the absolute freedom of minecraft
>get rid of all voice acting and cutscenes
>give me all of the DLC for free
>have the game run at 60 FPS
>make ganon harder the more you explore. reward me for exploring your world, don't make me feel like I'm in an RPG where I have to run away from fights constantly so I don't steamroll the final boss
>>
>>379437252
I believe that zelda has potential to push the exploration angle in new directions, as BotW seems to have done for a lot of people. The shallowness of the series after zelda 1 came about because the games became increasingly linear over time. As good as Lttp, and Oot were, they became rollercoaster rides, relatively speaking. The retreading is from the first game in the series, and it's something that's been denied to the series for years.

I might agree with you from a general gameplay perspective though (muh temples, muh link zelda ganon, muh puzzle bosses, etc.) But it's interesting that people actually want the devs to bring back items from past zelda games into the new open-world format.
>>
File: 1495591681372.png (20KB, 307x253px) Image search: [Google]
1495591681372.png
20KB, 307x253px
>>379438036
>I don't like Zelda as a character so this game that barely centers around her storywise is shit
this is the absolute state of BotW shitposters, I love it.
>>
File: 1496622652501.png (146KB, 215x395px) Image search: [Google]
1496622652501.png
146KB, 215x395px
>>379438350

>barely centers around her
>game dedicates minimum of 2 hours to her crying like a baby

Take these fake emotions back to tumblr, Nintendo.
>>
>>379436341
>trying to bash OoT in anyway

Kid you have like 20 years worth of people to fight against. You can't say anything.
>>
>>379437724
Not that I think it's perfect, just curious, what did you not like about it?
>>
File: 1323386064887.jpg (47KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1323386064887.jpg
47KB, 490x490px
>>379436983
>GTAIV is one of the best games ever made
>>
>>379438169
You do too? I feel that Toby went a little overboard with the feels shit in true pacifist but what the guy did for the team he had is still amazing, lots of care put into it, at some point I realized I cared about its characters, which kept me going, and its soundtrack, its soundtrack is amazing, lots of great apparent 8bit chip melodies that get more and more complex in arrangements the further they went on.
>>
>>379438641
I can't tell if this is serious or not.
>>
>>379438589

Not him, but I found alot of problems with it:

>every enemy is too easily dispatched. They can be button mashed to death, even the more tactile enemies like the stalfos
>same goes for the bosses
>large overworld map is boring and has nothing in it
>no hard mode
>runs at 20 FPS (30 FPS in the 3DS remake, but it should be running at 60)
>sidequests don't give anything useful

Among other issues.
>>
>>379438630
>still in denial about GTA IV metascore
>>
File: 149009484553231.jpg (40KB, 733x367px) Image search: [Google]
149009484553231.jpg
40KB, 733x367px
>>379429353
Nobody is butthurt over it. It's a generic fantasy sandbox romp with eye-bleeding graphics, and gameplay that adheres to every western RPG trope that exists. It's a 7/10 game with Zelda slapped on it, and people who invested in a poorly-designed console try using it as an equally poor excuse for owning it. This is reality. Sorry.
>>
>>379438891
>>sidequests don't give anything useful
That's because they're just for fun. Do people not just play games for the gameplay?
>>
>>379439025

There's no point to a sidequest if I don't get something interesting at the end. It's not fun being filler.
>>
>>379429353
It's LITERAL autism.
It's just a vocal minority of console warrior fanboy autismos that have an irrational hate for Nintendo and anything Nintendo. It gives them a head ache to even see the words "I like Breath of The Wild".
It's unhealthy, but instead of looking to improve themselves, they instead further burry themselves into their chair and computer and shit up anything they can on /v/.
I literally LITERALLY cannot be proven wrong.
>>
>>379439093
The point is that the sidequest is fun on its own, and you just play the game for its own sake. It's not like you get anything when you beat a game, why are you playing them?
>>
>>379429353
Because it's a mediocre game and a worse version of skyrim which isn't special in the first place? OP is a major fag.
>>
>>379429353
I expected more, it just feels so empty. I got disappointed and the Pee U will probably be my last Nintendo console until they unfuck themselves and start making great games again.
>>
>>379439024
>Nobody is butthurt
>Instantly act butthurt
Thanks for making my day.
>>
>>379429353
This is the reason why
>>379429679
No matter how much you swear it wasn't fun for you it won't change the fact that it was fun and engaging for other people. Why is it so hard to accept that people can like different things?

It's the same shit every time with /v/. For every bit of love a game gets, it gets as much hate simply because people get buttmad not everyone in the world shares their point of view. Maintaining a conversation is impossible, everybody is just angry with each other.
>>
>>379439192
it's that fucking achievement mindset, people ruin the game for themselves by finding the single most efficient way to do things, repeat it ad nauseam until they hate the experience, nothing can be done about it.
>>
>>379439192

But it's not fun on its own. I'm just traveling from place to another as fast as possible while on a timer. For what? A sword that's not even as useful as my master sword? No thank you.
>>
>>379439397
You've just described racing games, which, surprise surprise, have a dedicated fanbase. Do you actually find any games fun, or is it just the little high you get when you receive a fake prize?
>>
>>379439279
Why do you take /v/ seriously i love Zelda but i always roleplay as a Sonybro and shit on it lol
>>
File: 1496456395196.jpg (6KB, 130x234px) Image search: [Google]
1496456395196.jpg
6KB, 130x234px
>>379439274
See, this is logic of a typical autist. If you criticize something, you must automatically be "butthurt". No. I'm not butthurt. I purchased the game for WiiU, it was okay, I put it down after sinking about 30 hours into it and haven't picked it up since. It just isn't a good game. Thinking that doesn't make me upset, it means I actually have a brain and the mental capacity to admit when a game has flaws, despite it being part of my favorite game series. I'm deeply sorry that you are too retarded to do the same.
>>
>>379439253
>>379439271
>first one doesn't know what mediocre means, granted a majority of people on /v/ that use it don't. But still.
>second one unironically uses "pee u"
I honestly cringed.
>>
>>379439274
You must have a great life if that makes your day.
>>
>>379439487
>resorting to insults in both posts
>actually took the time to type this in response to a fucking shitpost of all things
>Projecting your own autism onto others
You're butthurt and a moron. Thank you for making my point so damn easily.
>>
>>379439274
How is he butthurt?
>>
>>379430237
Should we change it to second? Literally never have I checked /v/ and NOT seen someone assblasted over BOTW
>>
>>379429353
The main thing I'm butthurt about is the whole "Combat is so open, so many ways to kill things" shit, because it was kindof a selling point for me. Around release there were people talking about this factor of just trying random things and it working most of the time.
But then every video/webm of wacky kills involves one of the same 5 fucking methods.
>>
>>379439634
>Literally never have I checked /v/ and NOT seen someone assblasted over BOTW
wut
>>
>>379429353
I don't know, but to me it's a fuck ig masterpiece, botw and p5 gave me so much faith in the industry i can't even explain it with words.
>>
>>379439481

>You've just described racing games, which are garbage

Well, who would've thought?

>Do you actually find any games fun
I find plenty of games fun. ones that reward me for playing them well with better gameplay, more challenge, maybe some non-cosmetic unlockables. I know of my favorite shmups, Crimson Clover, lets you unlock cool new ships with new abilities when you play it. That's the kinda reward I like.
>>
>>379438891
>same goes for bosses
Oot introduced puzzle bosses though, you literally have to wait to attack and can't button mash.

Otherwise it seems to me like the problems you have are more comparing it to modern games. Besides maybe the map thing.

That said, there is Master Quest, which functions as a kind of hard mode with reworked dungeons.
>>
File: 1447788182084.jpg (61KB, 536x528px) Image search: [Google]
1447788182084.jpg
61KB, 536x528px
>sony niggers will never not be butthurt over BOTW

It's impressive how much damage this game has done to Neogaf.
>>
>>379439762
What part of their post is hard to understand? There are daily, even hourly BoTW shitpost threads. Go ahead, prove them wrong.
>>
>>379439765
>p5
We're talking about video games here anon.
>>
File: 1496458985100.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1496458985100.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>379439625
>"You're used an insult in both your posts!"
>literally insulted me in both of your posts
The only point you proven is that you are an actual autist, as I suspected. Aside from that, you have no point. You're also literally stupid enough to insult yourself, and then you wrap it up by saying I'm "projecting", which basically means that you have no argument for why the game isn't a 7/10 and why anyone should respect your opinion.
>>
>>379439093
Go play Mmorpg faggot lol
>>
File: 1496017728733.jpg (283KB, 1133x831px) Image search: [Google]
1496017728733.jpg
283KB, 1133x831px
I think the game's fantastic. I wouldn't put it in my top 3, but possibly somewhere in the top 10 of favorite Zelda games. If Nintendo does insist on keeping the open world mechanic I'd like these changes/additions:
1) Bring back the standard array of weapons and items. Technically yes, boomerangs and bombs still exist, but puzzles are physics based and easy while that lack of weapon specific monsters felt off somewhat.
2) Increase the number of dungeons and their complexity while having a few dungeons scattered about the overworld. One thing that was prominent in older Zelda titles was caves or mini dungeons with various rewards from money to a new weapon or spell. BoTW is basically always all out in the open save for a few places and shrines are very small save for a few. Makes me wish they had shrunk the number and combined at 2-3 of each to be a set of trials.
3) More enemy variety. Don't get me wrong, the enemies in BoTW were great and I liked how they got stronger along with you. That being said it'd be nice if they introduced brand new enemies like say a Darknut or Iron Knuckle in specific locations instead of just a different colored and slightly tougher version of an enemy. That way not only are your current enemies being stronger, but now you have to think of new strategies as one or two things you never fought before are also a factor.
4) More towns. Seriously, that's it. More towns. It's astonishing how Zelda 2 of all games got this right. Hylians are the biggest race in the game, I expect to more villages and towns scattered about. Granted they were destroyed, but there are a lot of places with no monster activity at all where rebuilding could be possible such as the various stable locations.
>>
>>379439513
Maybe if Wii U wouldn't have been so shit and had more games I wouldn't shit on it.
>cringe
Fuck off back to youtube cringe compilations retard.
>>
>>379439792

>Otherwise it seems to me like the problems you have are more comparing it to modern games. Besides maybe the map thing.
Let me address this real quick: I understand it was made in 1997 and I'm willing to give the original some slack because of hardware and limitations of the time. HOWEVER, they had the perfect chance to address these many issues in the 3DS remake, with more knowledge of game design and better hardware. That's where I penalize it.
>>
>>379439883
Literally literally literally too
>>
>>379429353
Butthurt about what? It's a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>379439818
>If i keep repeating sonyfags are upset maybe it will come true
Bro this isnt healthy
>>379439828
>There are daily, even hourly BoTW shitpost threads
That version of /v/ must be both fascinating and horrible
>>
>>379439851
I really like p5 combat system, pretty easy but fun
>>
>>379439883
>couldn't even hold himself back from replying AGAIN
One of the signs of autism is a lack of self control. You should really work on it. You autists are so easy to get a rise out of, but it never stops being funny. I guarantee you will reply again. Trying to call me autistic or some other idiotic overused insult, only further showing your lack of self control.
>>
>>379429424
200% true. In fact many /v/ermin try to claim that SM64 is awful.
>>
File: smug medic.jpg (19KB, 191x234px) Image search: [Google]
smug medic.jpg
19KB, 191x234px
>>379439851

>Zelda
>game

I think you misspelled "cinematic experience".
>>
>>379439765
>P5
>>
>>379439482
it's a new pasta I'm testing out
>>
>>379439921
I love how triggered people get over the word cringe.
>>
>>379439481
Racing games have a git gud/competitive factor. BotW does not. Also the entirety of the gameplay is focused on getting from point A to point B.
>>
>>379440043
Please prove them wrong?
>>
>>379440384

For one, how are you calculating that people ITT are sony supporters? Everyone who makes a criticism about Zelda has been labeled as a sony zealot. Even people who say they hate movie-games and cinematics.
>>
>>379440384
See
>>379440524
Thanks my good man, also there's people who enjoyed it but didnt thought it was the 10/10 game changer everyone is hyping up to be
>>
>>379439482
>tfw love my PS4 but defend Nintendo through and through because I know it makes people mad.
It's a problem we get a sick kick out of this.
>>
File: d5c.png (637KB, 637x510px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.png
637KB, 637x510px
>>379440187
>One of the signs of autism is a lack of self control. You should really work on it.
Cringe. This is the kind of insult that the kid with the fedora comes up with when the jocks pick on him.

>You autists are so easy to get a rise out of, but it never stops being funny
Ironically, you're the only one giving any "rise" here, and I agree, it is pretty funny.

>I guarantee you will reply again
I like how you try to grasp control of the situation by essentially saying "Aha! If you do what I expect you to do, I'll be controlling you". This is the saddest, most autistic attempt at winning an argument I have ever seen on this site.

>Trying to call me autistic or some other idiotic overused insult, only further showing your lack of self control.
You are seriously so retarded that you will try to tell me I have no "self control" for responding to you, yet you are sitting here responding to me. LOL, come on kid, you cannot be this autistic. Seriously.
>>
>>379440307
They weren't even talking about BotW. Get a life.
>>
>>379439952
I got a hint of that when you mentioned 3DS version should've run at 60fps. But yeah I don't know about the other concerns exactly because filling up the world would mean actually changing the game, when it was meant to be more of a slightly updated recreation. I guess it just depends. Even the Master Quest mode, the "hard mode" included in the 3DS version is only there because Master Quest was made a long time ago.

For reference, there were a few slight gameplay updates, such as the touch screen being much faster, iron boots being an item, the fucking Sheikah Hints Stone or whatever, etc. Personally, I penalize the game for not allowing you to skip dialogue and cutscenes, among other concerns, but generally the devs tried to keep the game intact, even including bugs/glitches from the original game.
>>
>>379429353
Because I bought a Wii U after seeing the announcement way back when about a new Zelda for it, and it was looking like basically more Twilight Princess, which I loved for the combat. Then it comes out at the very end of the consoles brief lifetime, and has basically nothing in common with previous Zelda games.
>>
>>379440773

>but generally the devs tried to keep the game intact, even including bugs/glitches from the original game.
To this day I don't buy that excuse. Nintendo outsourced that port to a third party team, and their ineptitude was disguised as "being faithful to the coding". That's why so many more bugs exist in the game than in OOT. There is no way for a third party dev to not only know how to preserve a bug, but also work around it without creating more bugs,
>>
File: 1495739011324.jpg (32KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495739011324.jpg
32KB, 375x360px
>>379440187
>"wahhh don't call me autistic it's an idiot, overused insult"
>"you autists are so easy to get a rise out of"
I think we just found the most retarded person on 4chan. Most anons at least have the intelligence to contradict themselves in a separate post.
>>
>now people are resorting to attacking OoT for the sake of making Botw look better

This is a fight you wont win.
>>
>>379440652
>kid
>Basically acting like it's okay for you to reply to me because I replied to you as if it's the same thing
Seems like you have this pathetic need to get the last word in. So since I know with your lack of self control you will reply to this, I'm gonna let you have that. If it'll sate your autism I'll let you get the last word after this. Thanks for the good time, "kid". Based on your behavior though, you'll probably get upset even with me not replying. Deny it if you want, that's fine. Dream about me tonight though, okay?
>>
File: 13433343.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
13433343.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
I don't get why people are wanking so much with this game

Sure, it's pretty good and all but god, after completing all the shrines, the main story and most of the sidequests, i stopped playing it and i mostly forgot it, we don't need shitty threads like this >>379440948 every damn day.
>>
>>379441301
>That comic is mixing OoT water temple and TP water temple

Ree
>>
>>379441092
No stake in what's happening, but please kill yourself for posting this image unironically. I despise reddit memes.
>>
>>379429424
10/10, made me legitimately upset and reply
>>
>>379441439
>TP water temple

what
>>
File: 1493339172725.jpg (31KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1493339172725.jpg
31KB, 567x561px
>>379441314
>Basically acting like it's okay for you to reply to me because I replied to you as if it's the same thing
You are actually arguing that it isn't okay for me to reply to you because it isn't the same thing as you replying to me. Are you some kind of new hybrid autist?

>Seems like you have this pathetic need to get the last word in
Okay, so if you don't, why do you keep replying? It's almost like you are actually trying to insult yourself.

>So since I know with your lack of self control you will reply to this, I'm gonna let you have that
Okay.

>If it'll sate your autism I'll let you get the last word after this.
I have no idea what this means, but okay.

>Based on your behavior though, you'll probably get upset even with me not replying.
So... I'm pathetic and "need to get the last word in", but you think I'll be upset if you stop replying? Lol, this is sad dude.

>Deny it if you want, that's fine. Dream about me tonight though, okay?
Lol...
>>
>>379441092
So shouldn't you?
>>
File: 1496246724671.png (213KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
1496246724671.png
213KB, 480x361px
>>379441535
>please kill yourself for posting this image unironically. I despise reddit memes.
I wouldn't know if it's a redd1t meme, I don't go on the fucking site. Way to out yourself as a literal homosexual.
>>
File: N6lD8ef.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
N6lD8ef.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
I'm having fun. Over 100 hours and I still haven't beat the castle yet.
>>
>>379429353
Real talk: can anyone tell me what BotW did that every open world meme game before it didn't? As far as I can tell, it's no different than most modern Ubisoft games outside the fact that it doesn't have any minimap icons to follow, which I just think makes exploring tedious
>>
File: c0031840ts.jpg (27KB, 299x470px) Image search: [Google]
c0031840ts.jpg
27KB, 299x470px
>>379441858
>Real talk: can anyone tell me what BotW did that every open world meme game before it didn't?
No game before it had the name "Zelda" on the cover.
>>
File: 1493054702161.jpg (29KB, 250x243px) Image search: [Google]
1493054702161.jpg
29KB, 250x243px
>>379441746
Shouldn't I what? Contradict myself? Is this some kind of autism humor?
>>
>>379442070
>frogposter calls anyone else autistic
>>
>>379441858
how about you emulate it on CEMU and find out for yourself, cuck
>>
>>379429353
Because it's basically the nail in the coffin for the Zelda series. People who were looking forward to classic Zelda games in the future now know they have to deal with GTA clones.
>>
File: 1494060628069.jpg (166KB, 1200x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1494060628069.jpg
166KB, 1200x1156px
>>379442159
If you think that looks like a frog, you should probably go outside, find one, and stop masturbating to trap porn in your father's basement.
>>
>>379442180
Bruh, I froze my ass in front of a Best Buy for 6 hours to get a Switch and Zelda at launch, took a power nap, and played this new game everyone said was a guaranteed masterpiece and didn't manage to like it
>>
>>379442207
>implying classic zelda wasn't always a directionless open world
>>
>>379442180

With CEMU I found alot of issues:

>runs at 30 FPS
>have to go out of my way to avoid the memories, because every cutscene is a dagger in my eyes ruining the gameplay
>not enough challenge
>ganon gets too easy unless you rush right to him
>not a single likable NPC in the game
>if you don't want to trivialize the game's difficulty, there isn't a single thing to do in the overworld
>>
>>379442336
sshh, he's a babby anon. His first zelda was probably Twilight Princess HD.
>>
SOMEONE EXPLAIN GANON JESUS WHY THE FUCK IS THERE NO INFO ON THE MAIN ENEMY IN THIS GAME FUCK WHY IS HE A SPIDER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379429353
Dungeons and enemy variety were shit. Missed ops with items and in-world mini dungeons kinda like in ALBW.

Besides those letdowns, I loved BotW to death and basically every moment of play for the first 115 hours or so. Very looking forward to the extra content in dlc later this year.
>>
>>379442824
He was in the cocoon trying to restore his power. The one you fight in the castle is an incompltete form.
>>
>>379429424
I like Mario 64. More so now than when it was new, though I still liked it when it was new.
But yeah. I was actually really pissy about Mario 64 when it was new. It wasn't a real Mario game. No suits. And I was just in general really sour about the whole "3D" thing. So many games and franchises were utterly destroyed trying to transition to 3D. And it made the whole thing pretty jarring.

I have since then moved past most of my issues with the game though. And today I kind of love it. It's pretty amazing how it's a 3D platformer with huge levels not only horizontally but also vertically, in combination with having pretty in depth in game physics.
But at the time? It was incredibly hard to recognize it as a Mario game. That much is true.

I never had that many issues thinking of Ocarina of Time as a Zelda though. Though I remember never having been that big of a fan of the combat. It was always really stiff, and I'll hold onto that claim even now.
Breath of the Wild is amazing though. Going back all the way to the 2D games, it's honestly most likely a much smoother transition to 3D style gameplay than Ocarina of Time ever was. Which on one hand isn't that strange at all considering the decades between the games. But still.
>>
>>379443005
wasnt that bag of shit supposed to be zelda's intervention? I'm calling shenanigans on your theory anon
>>
File: 1496054585950.gif (474KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1496054585950.gif
474KB, 200x150px
>>379443071
>literally the only faggot on earth who wanted more generic 2D sidescrollers when Mario fucking 64 came out.
>>
>>379429353
>game journalists pros group taking publisher dollars and manipulating entire gaming industry to instill nintendo's DOA console doesn't fail
>game is h yped as best game of all time
>lterally isnt best of the year or 6 months
>>
>>379442568
First game was LTTP since my family got a SNES, but was too poor to get a NES when it came out. Nice try though. BOTW is just a garbage meme game introducing the worst elements of gaming that have been seen in the past few years.
>CRAFTIN' SHIET
>CLIMBIN' SHIET
>AYO WE GOTZ QUESTS THAT ARE ALL FUNDAMENTALLY CLONES OF EACH OTHER, EAT 'EM UP FO' YO' "REWARDS"
And those are just the worst three offenders. Early access games on PC have been "releasing" this trash for some time now. Nintendo hops on the bandwagon, and all of the rabid fanboys devour it willingly thinking it's somehow superior. It's just the latest of hype train shenanigans that have been ruining gaming for quite some time now.
>>
>>379443179
Coming off of games like Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island, Mario 64 really was awkward.
And visually speaking I still find the game pretty unappealing to this day. Granted that's always secondary to just about anything else, and is easily ignorable. But compared to the SNES games of the time its apparent lack of polish was very noticeable.

And everyone were pushing 3D. It was the same on all platforms. You could barely escape it even if you tried. It kind of felt like an entire art was being lost due to everyone chasing 3D.
>>
>>379430237
I love this image because its ridiculously true.

Years from now, anons will still be mad
>>
>>379444791
>I love this image because its ridiculously true.
Except it isnt
>>
It's LITERAL autism.
It's just a vocal minority of console warrior fanboy autismos that have an irrational hate for Nintendo and anything Nintendo. It gives them a head ache to even see the words "I like Breath of The Wild".
It's unhealthy, but instead of looking to improve themselves, they instead further burry themselves into their chair and computer and shit up anything they can on /v/.
I literally LITERALLY cannot be proven wrong.
>>
>>379445553
Yeah we heard you the first time autismo
>>379439139
>>
>>379431075
>paradigm shift creator
This is probably b8, but in the off chance it isn't, BotW is good. It's fun to play through once, but it's not a game changer and not even close to the best game in its own series, much less compared to gaming as a whole.
>>
>>379429424
legitimately how mad do you need to be to make this image
>>
Past several years on /v/ (as more and more shitty teenage chucklefucks pour in):
>NINTENDO SUCKS SHIT I HATE IT UGH MOOOOM BRING ME MORE CHOCOLATE MILK LEAGUE OF LEGENDS TWITCH PEWDIEPIE!

And then Nintendo comes out with a game that is basically the must-play, GOTY of 2017 but is only available on (of course) two different Nintendo platforms that none of these people own or ever will own. They respond by watching streams of their favorite dipshit e-celebs which are utterly worthless and judge the game from there. Also, they're very asspained.

>W-WEAPONS BREAK IN 2 HITS EMPTY WORLD ZELDA IS GAY

I welcome criticisms of the game (that are valid and not just whiny shit) because I want them to improve on BotW's style for the next game, but /v/'s desperate attempts to bring this game down are hilarious. Of course it deserves fucking 10's, if dogshit like Skyrim and GTA V can get 10/10 all day then why not this? It saves us from years of dull open-world games and is actually enjoyable to explore rather than being a checklist of chores.
>>
>>379445916
This post lacks of self-awareness and yet its rich in victim complex
>two different Nintendo platforms that none of these people own or ever will own
And on PC like every other Nintendo game ever made
>>
>>379445916
>because I want them to improve on BotW's style for the next game
You are horribly new if you think the next game will just be a new BotW. Nintendo just goes with the latest fads (minus 2-3 years) in gaming for their games. They aren't trendsetting at all, and won't look to improve upon this formula. They will take what has proven to be popular with mouthbreathers in other games, and implement it in their game. They also won't try to improve things that do get leftover from BotW, they'll just flat out remove them since they're too lazy to try to fix broken features.
>>
File: ep0Zbea.jpg (3MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ep0Zbea.jpg
3MB, 2560x1080px
Reminder that BoTW is completely playable on Cemu 1.8 in 4k rez, AA, 25-30fps, savegame editors, 21:9 aspect ratio, and much more.
>>
File: 6e5.jpg (143KB, 1200x522px) Image search: [Google]
6e5.jpg
143KB, 1200x522px
>only four dungeons
>they're all piss-easy and short because you have to be able to do them in any order so there's no natural difficulty curve
>but hey, at least there's hours of pointless dicking around finding koroks so you get the "your inventory is full" message slightly less often!

Sucks that Nintendo fell for the open world meme.
>>
File: 4EFY3id.jpg (2MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4EFY3id.jpg
2MB, 2560x1080px
>>379446259
>>
>>379429679
haha he tries so hard. so pathetic.
>>
>>379446259
>completely playable
Bug free completely playable, or "completely playable" (with certain hacks and secondary methods required to complete certain things)?
>>
>>379446098
The "PC" version is shitty, broken pirate garbage and doesn't count in the slightest.
>>
>>379446478
"completely playable", every shrine is doable, divine beasts too, at most you will need to download cemuhook and paste it in your cemu folder.
The random crashes are still happening but they're less frequent now.
>>
>>379446628
See
>>379446628
Sorry you got cucked out of your only game so quickly, try not to be a bad sport about it
>>
>>379446730
>people online are throwing tens of thousands of dollars per month to the dev team of an emulator to play a single fucking game
>faggots like these try to spin it into a bad thing
Every time
>>
>>379446917
>to play a single fucking game
Actually its also for the whole WiiU library along with BOTW
>>
>>379447050
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahha
>>
>>379447178
Yes its laughable someone actually spend a dime on a WiiU instead of waiting for the better version of those games to be on PC
>>
File: IMG_2104.jpg (168KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2104.jpg
168KB, 1024x782px
>>379436093
SEETHING
>>
>>379432651
>Locking progression behind item requirements would defeat the purpose of it all.

completely disagree, seeing somewhere you lack the tools to reach, and trying to get there anyway is a great part of exploration games. sometimes you can't do it, but sometimes you figure out an unintended way to get somewhere, and that's always awesome. BotW could totally work with a standard 8 dungeons & treasures system, A Link to the Past was open world, but still had treasures that opened up more areas, BotW's huge world could easily accommodate gameplay like this, and it would be just as if not more amazing if it did.
>>
>>379439902
tl;dr
>>
>>379432194
>didn't have an hours-long tutorial area
The build-up getting the first three pendants was basically the soft-tutorial for LTTP. It took at least an hour or two to get through all of that.
>>
>>379429353
Literally don't care. Played it on Cemu at 4k 30fps, wasn't all that great and durability was too shit. Had a decent 30 hours though.
>>
>>379447050
Can you play splatoon? Does it work properly?
>>
>Game looks blown out no matter what settings I change on my monitor. Guess it just looks like shit all the time?
>>
>>379432675
>Gives you all the gimmicky powers in the starter area, leaving nothing new on that front the rest of the game

This is such a dumb complaint because unless you looked up all the shit you can do with the runes I'd bet my left testicle that you were still saying "you can do that?" over a dozen hours into the game. The tools you're given are so much more versatile than any other Zelda game's toolset that I find it hard to believe you sat down and figured out every conceivable use for your equipment right off the bat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEI8qAAm7Ic

This is the only Zelda game where they didn't try their hardest to make sure their solution to a puzzle was the ONLY solution, and since that can't work if your missing half your tools I'll gladly accept all my equipment at the start.
>>
>>379429424
/v/ shitposting is pretty easy to do, the real issue is when it infests your brain to the point where you can invent them yourself.
>>
I had a real blast playing in the first time, very irritated that I could only get the green tunic well after there was no content left to use it on, can't bring myself to replay it at all
>>
I didn't even remembered it until now
>>
>>379430101
>STOP LIKING SOMETHING I DON'T LIKE
>IT'S BAD STOP IT NOW
Thread posts: 451
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.