[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo have kidnapped you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png (151KB, 250x349px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Smash_Bros_Melee_box_art.png
151KB, 250x349px
as you walked home from a local Smash Bros tourney. They want YOU to opine on how they should handle the rapidly growing Super Smash Bros tourney community. Should they swallow their pride after 16 years and admit they've been titanic assholes, or should they continue to give them the finger at the cost of getting called out by winners like HungryBox in foul language in front of a crowd of 15,000 players like he did last night?

They see it as a lose-lose situation but they know if they don't act one way or another the tides of time will turn on them like fate is so wont to do when the company goes idle.

Nintendo assures you they will let you go after you tell them your answer.
>>
>>379426735
I'd say swallow their pride and admit they've been assholes. A little genuineness in that manner goes a long way towards improving public opinion. It makes the company appear receptive to fan response and it makes it seem like the company cares.
>>
File: reggie.png (102KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
reggie.png
102KB, 720x404px
>>379427021
Suddenly the veiled figure who has been talking to you across the limo leans in closer and takes off his voice masker and passes it to his crony.

"The thing about that is it's like conceding that our most recent games haven't been as good though. The costs us money which is what it takes to run a company, and fund a tourney for an entitled consumers who don't have a company and stockholders to answer to. You wanna give that suggestion a second thought?"
>>
I wonder if that idiot realizes that 'attention' from Nintendo would come in the form of C&Ds, not prize pools and tournament support.
>>
>>379428212
>C&D'ing a privately funded event open to the public

This is the land of the free.
>>
>>379426735
I would standardize tournament rules internally and subtly force the community to use them so the game doesn't look so goddamn boring at tournaments for one. Those Smash 4 tournies cannot be good PR.

I'd slowly but surely drop support from Melee and only drop money supporting the latest game. I love Melee but the whining and having it compete with the game we actually want to sell is just bad business especially when the people actually playing the game are the same old farts not giving us any money.

I'd also come down hard on stuff like Civil War using Nintendo IPs left and right to promote an event we have nothing to do with. The Smash community is just a side-step from bootleg Bart Simpson T-shirts with that stuff.
>>
>>379429149
>I'd also come down hard on stuff like Civil War using Nintendo IPs left and right to promote an event we have nothing to do with.

>an event we have nothing to do with.

>we

Just who are you? Dan? Nate? Bill? Someone higher up than Bill?
>>
>>379426735
>as you walked home from a local Smash Bros tourney.
lol
Also, does Nintendo really do a lot of sponsoring for Smash? They don't seem to be on the same level as Capcom. Heck, even Splatoon feels like it's being pushed more (even if, barely).
>>
>>379426735
Tell them to stop worrying and release a new Smash bros with none of the control issues that the new games have. Problem solved.
>>
>>379427990
You don't run tournaments though. All you do is play ads and just let them carry on as usual. The tournaments are almost entirely grassroots.
>>
>>379429556
I'm hypothetically with Nintendo in this scenario aren't I?
>>
>>379429725
This would actually work. If the new game played like Melee, but just had a larger cast, Melee would die and everyone would move on.
>>
File: mad.png (350KB, 525x569px) Image search: [Google]
mad.png
350KB, 525x569px
I really don't understand why nintendo insists on trying to make their games more casual. Melee had both good competitive depth and was also enjoyed greatly by casuals. Why alienate one crowd when the other isn't even affected by it?
>>
>>379430063
The problem with that is that Sakurai doesn't want to do that and, so far, we haven't had a Smash game that he didn't direct (though it'll be interesting to see how they'll coax him into doing another one without Iwata, if they even can).
>>
>>379430248
This. Hell, Project M basically did the same shit and it was equally loved by casuals while also offering a lot for competitive players. It just strikes me as a huge missed opportunity for greater free publicity through the competitive scene.
>>
>>379430573
He's the co-creator. Iwata is the one who actually invented Smash Bros. It was his idea from the get-go and Captain Falcon and Ganondorf shows it never strayed far from the original concept. Sakurai never did shit. I doubt he can even make his own IP's without help from Miyamoto who also if memory serves worked on Melee mind you.
>>
>>379430248
They don't insist on casualization. They simply never intended for Melee to be what it was.

It's that simple. ALL the advanced shit in melee is unintended garbage, but because the FGC is founded on the abuse of unintended garbage, they can't recognize it.
>>
>>379431224
We've been through this a million times. L-Canceling and Wavedashing to a degree were both intentional.
>>
>>379431556
No they weren't.

I'm sorry, if you've convinced yourself, but if they were intentional, they would have been brought back eventually.

Thank god though. Fuck that shit. L-Cancel was intentional and Wavedashing is horseshit and if you disagree, you're a fuccboi
>>
>>379426735
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1386042&highlight=smash

>all these dumbasses in this thread saying "DUR HUR WHY DON'T DEY JUST MOVE ON FROM MELAY"
>>
File: overwatch-widow.jpg (44KB, 720x690px) Image search: [Google]
overwatch-widow.jpg
44KB, 720x690px
>>379426735

Corporate sponsorship ruins everything. And turning games into a 'spectator sport' is the Olympic Medal of MISSING THE POINT. Gamers, especially young ones, need online communities, not tournaments. They'll learn healthy competition in due time.
>>
>>379431715
L canceling and wave dashing make for a better competitive experience. Sorry nerd. Go play smash 4 with your try hard friends. People say melee is for try hards, but attempting to playoff smash 4 as a competitive game is the most try hard attempt of all times.
>>
>>379431715
L-cancelling was a 64 technique (known as smooth landing) that appeared in melee. Smash 4 had an equip item known as "smooth lander" that reduced landing animations for aerial moves similarly.

Wavelanding/wavedashing was the logical result of the directional airdodge combined with traction.
>>
>>379434985
>>379433690
Marth also has exclusive animations for wavedashing. That guy is an idiot and an item scrub.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.