[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Video game rumors you believed when you were younger.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: HERE WE GO.jpg (24KB, 288x235px) Image search: [Google]
HERE WE GO.jpg
24KB, 288x235px
ITT: Video game rumors you believed when you were younger.
>>
So many hours in cruel melee to unlock Sonic and Tails ;_;
>>
File: 1473621310637.jpg (31KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1473621310637.jpg
31KB, 670x503px
>Always believed in the Mew under the truck secret
>Finally get there via glitches
>Spend a good half hour trying everything I have to push the truck
That and also the Mossdeep space station letting you go to space and fight Deoxys were what fooled me at a younger age. Least they made part of the second rumor happen in ORAS.
>>
Unlocking Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS

>>379412140
> the Mossdeep space station letting you go to space and fight Deoxys
This, however, was my "Mew under the truck".
>>
>>379412140
>thought the space station would take you to the moon, where you meet Jirachi

Really thought this was going to be an "go to your local store to get an event only item" thing when the Jirachi movie came out
>>
>Hear from a friend about a way to get the frogs to come back as Adult Link
>If you play all the songs it makes the frogs giant
>They hop you to an area with the best scale, the Platinum Scale
>Go back to being a child
>You get to swim down to the hole in Zora's Domain with it
>That gives you access to the Sacred Realm
>Then you have to beat Ganon as Adult Link
>Secret cutscene starts
>Ganon's in the sacred realm
>You go to kill him there
>He takes the triforce
>Battle where he's fucking gigantic

I believed the shit out of it, and I still love the idea.
>>
Mii Outfit C.
>>
File: 1476999554728.gif (214KB, 274x249px) Image search: [Google]
1476999554728.gif
214KB, 274x249px
>>379412707
>>379412140
>Cynthia giving you the Azure Flute once you get all of the Battle Fronteir Prints in Platinum
>All of those hours farming for items and mons for the prints all for nothing

If this doesn't happen in Sinnoh Remakes i will eat a shoe.
>>
File: purpleprizes.jpg (133KB, 527x722px) Image search: [Google]
purpleprizes.jpg
133KB, 527x722px
>>379411448
>that kid who said he unlocked Toad with an action replay, invited us to his house to show us, and "accidentally" deleted his save file before we got there

Fuck you, Nick.

>>379412707
>all that time spent trying to hit the "2D black box" on the side of the castle (seen on the file select, but not the actual game) that "could only be seen from a certain angle" to unlock the Waluigi level
>>
my friend in elementary school told me that it was possible to find a secret island in wind waker if you sail off the edge of the map in a certain square, but he didn't remember which

I sailed around the whole map, and didn't find shit. fuck you nick
>>
There was a rumor during Sunshine that you could find Waluigi if you did everything and that his boss fight had him steal F.L.U.D.D from you, and that beating him would unlock Luigi.
>>
File: 15keks.jpg (67KB, 540x509px) Image search: [Google]
15keks.jpg
67KB, 540x509px
>>379411448
>Bill's backyard
>>
File: bastards.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bastards.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>379411448
>>
File: Akuma.jpg (25KB, 431x300px) Image search: [Google]
Akuma.jpg
25KB, 431x300px
Testing how much you know with this one image.
>>
File: Sonictailshoax.jpg (39KB, 589x175px) Image search: [Google]
Sonictailshoax.jpg
39KB, 589x175px
>>379411535
This.
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
Not a rumor but I wasted days of my life trying to figure out the secrets about Fake Crash. Too bad there's no secret.
For the longest time I thought he was playable in Crash 3 since you could play as him in CTR.
>>
>>379414770
Reminds me of that obscure "Who would think to do this?!" way to unlock Fake Crash in the GBA version of Crash Nitro Kart.
>>
>>379414350
Is that Akuma in Resident Evil? Or it's Dino Crisis?
>>
>>379414350

nigga I need this, explain please
>>
A more recent one, but there was this hoax I knew that you could find Killer Moth in Arkham City. He spawned at night, and only around bright lights, and he'd apparently fight you one-on-one if you found him. After that, he'd go into the same cell as Calendar Man and do some banter with him.
>>
>>379415353
>>379415102
Resident Evil 2 had this April Fool's rumor where you could play as Akuma.
>>
>>379415584
FUCK, if only it was true.
>>
The pre-order bonus with an updated Wind Waker for Twilight Princess.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.