[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What could be done to save the concept of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Bendy.jpg (33KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bendy.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
What could be done to save the concept of this game?
>>
>>379405987
open world and ink powers
>>
>>379406073
>Open world
If AAA companies can't get that shit right, what makes you think some indie faggot could do it?
>>
>>379406228
Hey mumbleblinblenb got it right
>>
>>379405987
Give the rights to someone who's into horror and 20's/30's rubber hose cartoons. They could probably make a better game than the actual developer can.
>>
I'll list a few things:
being one game instead of 5 episodes
protagonist being silent instead of spouting inane bullshit
having puzzles that weren't retardedly easy
getting rid of the insulting "objective updated" tooltip
having actually difficult puzzles
>>
>>379405987
Actually good gameplay. Right now it's just walking and hitting wood with your axe, and sometimes having to fight the awfully coded blob enemies.
>>
>>379406405
shit, didn't realize I said the same thing twice
also what >>379406327 said
>>
>>379406405
How would you go about designing puzzles for this game?
>>
>>379406768
I'm not entirely sure, it's much easier to say what you think is bad then to think of a good replacement, but almost anything would be better than the barely above "wait a minute that card" tier shit we have now
>>
>Cut the episodic bullshit
>Make the game focused on world and character building
>The Studio is a pretty normal semi-cartooney place, but not rubber-hose and drab like it is now
>Replace Ink Machine with an Ink Door
>Ink Door leads to a classical black and off-white/white world featuring Bendy and the other characters
>Create an in-Ink-world day/night cycle where each day and night play out one of their stories that play on a projector in the studio, Happy Tree Friends-tier murdering each other, reset the next morning
>Between the events of each story, they just mill about, meet at the diner to eat, etc. you can talk to them learn about them, their world, and their desires, which can turn meta at certain points about wanting to be free of the cycle
>Will hint at secrets in the studio itself where you can find new reels to put into the projector
>Then you get to the major twist near the end
>You find a special Reel that takes up all 4 slots on the Projector and next day in the world will feature this feature-length presentation
>Everyone is out for "The Blood of the Outsider" and you have to use gags and environmental bullshit plus stealth to beat them down and rebuild the door and escape
Not the best it could be, but definitely better than:
>Generic walking sim with a decent art-style, shitty jump-scares, and basic puzzles, and a voiced protagonist that is as shit as the one from Fallout 4
>>
>>379406768
Let's take the very first episode and see how we might make the "Puzzles" more interesting.
>Instead of having to collect 6 random fucking objects, you have to gather some pipes from various closets and do a Bioshock-type Pipe Assembly minigame
>Instead of pushing a button on a back-wall to turn it on, you gotta do another puzzle, same as the Pipe shit, but with wires and multiple inputs/outputs and matching colors, only slightly more difficult
>The Theatre section in part 2 could have featured orchestrating an event DDR-style with a bunch of Ink monsters who get restless and drop their instruments and kill you if you fuck up too many times
>>
>>379407671
Wow that was fucking easy, now the better question is why didn't the dev do this shit?
>>
>>379408181
Because the Developer isn't interested in making a good game. They're just trying to cash in on the Youtubers will play anything "scary," always acting like it's truly scary, and generate money from their rabid fans phenomenon.
>Give 1 copy away
>Get a hundred thousand+ sales
>>
>>379408442
They could do that and make a good game at the same time, and get even more sales from it.
>>
>>379408614
>and get even more sales from it
Except then development would take longer and they'd be spending more on development, which they don't want to do. Bare-minimum time and effort are staples of shitty cash-ins.
>>
>>379409092
It's a tragedy, how do we fix it?
>>
>>379410202
We fix it by making our own games.
>>
>>379410364
>Have no talent at making games
Fug, I'm part of the problem
>>
>>379405987
There's a concept? I saw a video and it just looks like you walk down corridors and get jumpscared.
>>
>>379405987
fix the goddamned enemies to look like actual cartoons
>>
File: Untitled.png (251KB, 610x394px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
251KB, 610x394px
>
Yeah. This is 100% just them trying to rake in dosh, honestly.
>Lol, we haven't even finished episode 3 of 5
>Enjoy buying some merch!
>>
>like fapping to art from boris
>now whenever I search the boris tag I get 50% gay shit from bendy
>I didn't even know what the fuck it was until I started seeing these threads on /v/
>>
>>379411153
The basic idea is old cartoons coming to life.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.