[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

City Builders & Park Tycoon shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (218KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
218KB, 1920x1080px
Did I miss the boat with this game, or is it still as good as people said it was when it came out? Does it hold up a couple of years later?

I finally got myself a non-toaster PC and I kind of want a game like this, but I'm wondering if Skylines is still worth it or if I should just get, say, Planet Coaster instead to scratch a similar itch.
>>
It's still good, and is still getting patches to make it better. It's worth it, get it on a sale if you can because that happens fairly often now.
>>
>>379404767
Alright, I'll keep an eye out for a sale then. Is Skylines still more or less the best city builder, or has anything else dethroned it yet?
>>
>>379404267
its still very good.

they fixed a lot of bugs and release updates every so often.

Skylines is basically what sim city 4 SHOULD have been.

climate, elevation, landscape, design, hell everything effects how your city grows / dies.
>>
Are the DLC neccessary ?
>>
File: 2015-03-11_00002.jpg (520KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-11_00002.jpg
520KB, 1920x1080px
>>379405720
Probably the best recent one, by a pretty long shot.

You could always install Simcity 3000/4 though if you want, they're still good too. Skylines just has vastly superior simulation, but that also means you'll be adjusting your roads a lot.
>>
File: 2015-03-14_00004.jpg (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-14_00004.jpg
622KB, 1920x1080px
>>379406021
Not really, just get the base game first. Most of the content of the DLC was included in free patches that were for everyone, the DLC is mostly if you really really like the game and want to get more stuff.

A lot of it is available through mods too.
>>
How's the new DLC, Mass Transit, I think?
>>
>>379406052
Oh shit negro, what are you doing with all these intersections?
>>
>>379406291
Not too bad. The free patch added all the QoL boosts so it's not entirely necessary.
Blimps are neat but ineffective, monorail is basically trams but better.
>>
Skyline looks pretty good on a mechanical level but I simply can't stand the look of it. The architecture is this ugly, modern european style that is completely drab. I loved the look of Sim City 4, your city always ended up in a nice colorful and realistic mix of old and contemporary architecture.

I play city builders because in the end I want something pretty to look at. Every time I look at screenshots of skylines it just looks so dreadful.
>>
>>379406989
This, definitely. There are a lot of great citybuilders out there, but there aren't many that can match the aesthetic charm of the SimCity series.
>>
File: city1.jpg (374KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
city1.jpg
374KB, 1440x810px
Post Cities?
>>
>>379406195
Can you do roundabounts in this game? That junction could be simplified to just one roundabout
>>
>>379406478
It was my first city, I had no clue what I was doing and just adding more and more stuff slowly
>>
>>379406989
>modern european

Modernist building have taken over the world and there's no way to get rid of the globalist cancer
>>
>>379407313
Yes, you can, but this just looked neat
>>
>>379406989
just mod them in then?
>>
Been playing it on and off a lot recently, it's fantastic. Have to start over a city around 5 times before I can actually not run out of money early on.

Did there not used to be a general on /vg/ for citybuilding? What happened to it.
>>
>>379408757
/cbg/ is ded because barely anybody posted and would often be bumped off to archives. That and generals on /vg/ are generally cancer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.