[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Really REALLY fun game mechanics, I'll start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: upheaval.jpg (87KB, 400x481px) Image search: [Google]
upheaval.jpg
87KB, 400x481px
Really REALLY fun game mechanics, I'll start.
>>
File: 1436370311679.jpg (76KB, 422x415px) Image search: [Google]
1436370311679.jpg
76KB, 422x415px
>have to collect fifty (50) bear assess to continue the main quest
>each bear only has a 25% chance to drop an ass
>>
>>379400176
That mission was easy as hell though. Celica is basically drowning in healers and you can aggro almost every single enemy individually.
>>
Honestly, giving the enemies those kind of abilities seems to be the only way to get much challenge in a strategy/tactics rpg after the first few missions. Either that or just flood the map with enemies.
>>
File: Delta.png (41KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
Delta.png
41KB, 250x150px
Any ranking system in any game.
>>
RANDOM CRIT
>>
File: aeris.jpg (45KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
aeris.jpg
45KB, 500x284px
Fuck you I liked it. I also liked how they turned it from a gameplay mechanic into a storytelling/plot mechanic in the final battle.
>>
File: jeddie.png (97KB, 233x256px) Image search: [Google]
jeddie.png
97KB, 233x256px
OP here, there's four enemies left on the map
I'm going to make it lads
>>
Is the game good?
>>
>>379403703
It's a remake of a 20 year old game, some may say it was too faithful to the original.
>>
>>379400925
that's what lazy designers resort to because they lack the intelligence to design actually fun, challenging maps

Look to Conquest for ways to design maps that are fun and challenging without resorting to shit like inflated enemy stats or map-wide, unblockable AOE nukes
>>
>>379401438
Shit happened to me yesterday in the endgame
>>
>>379404268
>Look to Conquest for ways to design maps that are fun and challenging
maybe i'm just a dumbass or a casual fe player (which i am) but care to explain the beauty in their level designs?

I don't know how good they are as opposed to other FE because conquests the only one friends told me to play
>>
>>379405681
Echoes seems to have a lot of maps that are just massive spaces with trees littered around, or two big patches of land joint together by a 1-space bridge. I don't remember much about conquest but I suppose it had a lot less of those
>>
>>379400176
Mario and Luigi SS and BIS
the QTE's (i don't even know if you'd call it that) are done right, keep things fresh and make every one of your actions pack a punch.
>>
>>379405681
>large maps with multiple objectives (not just "Rout")
>many ways to arrive at those objectives
>maps are filled with terrain, enemies, treasure, chokepoints, dragon veins, long-range staff enemies, etc. - not just a wide open space
>intelligent enemy AI (doesn't fall for bait tactics)
>enemies are incredibly dangerous not because they're stat sponges but because they possess a variety of skills
>all wrapped up in a ball-bustingly difficult package that forces you to think about everything you do
>>
>>379406029
>>379405681

Conquest has lots of tight map design but it also does enemy floods and "ranged enemy fucks you at his leisure on the long approach", don't be fooled. Conquest also does A LOT of SURPRISE REINFORCEMENTS ON TOP OF YOU AND IN YOUR BACK LINE NO WARNING BETTER REPLAY THE MAP AND MEMORIZE IT SON

Christ that fucking Pegasus Knight map has like five waves of units that move 12 squares. Conquest is fun for a fire emblem vet but still loads of shit at times.
>>
File: map-of-chapter-8-.png (322KB, 806x240px) Image search: [Google]
map-of-chapter-8-.png
322KB, 806x240px
>>379405681
Not that guy, but non-linear, side objectives, can't deploy the the same strategies on each map, the enemy units and their AI are actually competent, unit positioning is very important. Conquest isn't the best that FE has to offer but it's up there.
>>
>>379405681
Not the guy who you replied to but I'll give you my 2 cents.

In Conquest enemies actually have skills that force you to change up strategies. Like Lunge, for example. It means you can't just plug up a hole with 1 unit, or attempt to bait with only 1 unit, lest they get pulled to their death.

The AI in Conquest is actually good. Enemies will explicitly ignore units that they'll deal 0 damage to or have 0% hit. They also usually won't break formation if you're only in range of 1 enemy, like on Ryoma or Takumi's map. They'll wait until you've got a few enemies in range. Usually the AI in FE games are retarded and will run at if you if you're in range, damage dealt be damned.

The objectives are actually varied and some discourage turtling. Like the pot map, which has a time limit for you to bust through all the pots. Annoying nature of the pots not withstanding, those were a bit annoying but they didn't really factor into my strategies much. In some FEs there are a notable lack of objective variety. Awakening, Echoes and Birthright are criticized for having only routs, which are, in my opinion, a boring objective.

Some maps have annoying gimmicks like the Wind map, but they can be planned around too. I will say though, that I don't really like that map much.
>>
>>379406374
>enemy floods
no, Conquest is actually the LEAST flood-like game in the series. It goes for quality over quantity, stronger enemies with dangerous skills over a bunch of weak fodder.

>surprise reinforcements
it's not same-turn reinforcements, perfectly manageable. Literally every game in the series springs reinforcements at you without warning, dunno why you single out Conquest for this
>>
>>379406825

You need to replay the last 5-6 maps my friend. Conquest is great. It just goes into end game fatigue at times. Like the last map is a literal flood of enemies. The second to last I liked a lot for being like a puzzle. The Pegasus Knight map I specifically mentioned is what got me down about the reinforcements.
>>
>>379407256
Conquest enemy flood is nothing compared to other FE games, and I stand resolutely by the statement that Conquest has the LOWEST enemy density in the series. Even the Hinoka map is nothing compared to FE7 or RD. I actually replayed FE7 HHM over the weekend and jesus, THAT was enemy flood. There's literally a map where ~15 reinforcements show up EVERY TURN for 5 turns in a row. 90% of enemies are complete cannon fodder, umpromoted when your entire army is lv10-15 promoted, dealing 0 damage with like 30% hit rate. THAT is enemy flood. RD is enemy flood.
>>
>>379407256
The only map with real enemy flood is chapter 10 due to being a defend map.
>>
>>379407974
Oh, and endgame on Lunatic
>>
>>379400176
Cantors are great and I sure love not being able to move freely on the map because a new enemy appears in every fucking step I do!
>>
>>379403703
1st act is slow
2nd act is slightly worse
3rd act is good
4th act was a mistake
>>
>>379402340
It wasn't actually random.
>>
>>379401438
Honestly, this shit needs to die and stop appearing in literally any game. It just fucks over strategy for no reason.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.