[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to name a better hero. Borderlands thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: handsomejpg-6471de_1280w[1].jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
handsomejpg-6471de_1280w[1].jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
You have ten seconds to name a better hero.

Borderlands thread.
>>
I played through all of 1 and 2 singleplayer. And I enjoyed them both.

Fuck you /v/.
>>
>>379396765
>i am going to save the world by imprisoning my daughter and also killing a lot of people who aren't bandits, in fact, i'm going to kill specifically non-bandits more than bandits

top heroism jack
>>
>>379396852
He's still unironically the most heroic character in the entirety of Borderlands.

Especially compared to the horrid people most of the Vault Hunter's are.
>>
>>379396831
>caring about literally any opinion that /v/ has on a video game
>>
>>379397065
/v/ was sort of right about the series.
1 was really good. 2 had better gameplay, but the writing was atrocious.
The art style in both games is actually really cool.
>>
>>379396765
So I just played through Borderlands 1 recently (Yes I am a laggard of the highest caliber)
I thought it was really fun. The weapon system was neat and I liked how much variance there was in types of enemies.

So does /v/ just hate the latter Borderlands games or what. Is it just that the game is too simplistic in nature or is it just /v/ being contrarian as usual?
>>
I'm really hoping 3 is announced and its something above average , unfortunately this can never happen
>>
>>379396852
He killed very few people who were not bandits.
>>
>>379398852
1 is generally liked. 2 has some really shitty weapons scaling and drop rates, plus the writing is awful. Not for the reasons /v/ hates it but because it becomes wrapped up so much in its own garbage soap opera drama that it's hard to stomach at times. I never played pre-sequel. Tales from the borderlands is also great. Coincidentally, Tales and 1 were written by the same guy who had little to no involvement with the other two.
>>
>>379398852
The loot system is worse in the later ones. The skills are way better though. I'd still play borderlands 2 if you haven't. It's not as good as the first in my opinion, but it's still good enough to play.
>>
buttstalion
>>
>>379398852
>>379399428
I just got the pre-sequel and it's decent if you can get it for ten dollars or free like I did, but I wouldn't have paid full price for this and the asking price is still way too high for my tastes.

The moon fighting is both fun and annoying, because hitting flying enemies has always been a chore in Borderlands. The grinding is way worse, too, with the difficulty scale being annoying because it assumes you did like every side mission and levels up too fast at points, but the writing is considerably less obnoxious in my opinion.

Also, get BL2 on sale. GOTY edition has most of the DLC and it goes on sale for like $8 fairly frequently, and summer is coming up so it'll most likely go on sale again.
>>
>>379396831
you're boring
>>
>>379396852
To be honest pandora is filled with maniacs, even main characters are criminals.
>>
Which did Anthony Burch right?

I'm playing through 2 with friends right now. It's not always funny, but at least it's not memes.
>>
>>379398852
I played the first one but my biggest complain is how long it took me to travel from one part of the other, and how many times the missions made go back again and again to the same place.
The rest was alright.
>>
>>379399428
>>379401993
pre-sequel was glorfied DLC
i am upset i bought it when it played the exact same with just slight game mechanics and the most stitched together map design i've ever seen
>>
>>379398852
They're pretty boring games paired with awful writing in the sequels. It's the personification of shitty open world fads
>>
>>379396765
>not Rhys

Let's be honest here, I don't think there's a single damn character in any of the main games that is in any way actually heroic. Even Scooter needed Tales to actually get his time to shine. And Jack did plenty of nasty things for little reason other than his own amusement, because he's a nasty bastard who just happened to have the right idea about what to do with the planet.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.