[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which metal gear solid game has the best subtitle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mgs1.jpg (2MB, 4812x3490px) Image search: [Google]
mgs1.jpg
2MB, 4812x3490px
which metal gear solid game has the best subtitle?
>>
>>379395051
Not sure if Twin Snake is canon. But Twin Snakes, yeah.
>>
>>379395051
I like the Phantom Pain because it's explicit of events early on in the game and implicit of events later. I think it's perfect.
Snake Eater is also great for the same reasons.
>>
>>379395051
Guns of the Patriots.
Just say that shit out loud.
>>
File: bNkuk3Q.jpg (71KB, 796x538px) Image search: [Google]
bNkuk3Q.jpg
71KB, 796x538px
>>379395454
Dude. All subtitles pertain something from their games' plots.

>Twin Snakes.
The realisation that Solid Snake is a clone of Big Boss' along with Liquid Snake. His biological evil twin.

>Sons of Liberty.
The terrorist group that wants to suppress GW from gaining control over information and the Patriots' AI context.

>Snake Eater.
Literally the codename of the operation to take down the Boss and her Cobra Unit.

>Guns of the Patriots.
The Shenanigans that was Ocelot's plan to get rid of SOP once and for all.

So on and so forth.
>>
>>379396268
>All subtitles pertain something from their games' plots.
No fucking shit.
My point is that Phantom Pain and Snake Eater are great because they have more than one meaning. "Twin Snakes" is fucking awful because it's totally face-value. There's two Snakes that are clones. That isn't clever.
Snake Eater is the name of the operation, but it could also be reference to Boss' betraying Snake. Also you can literally eat snakes.
Phantom Pain is great also, because its obviously a reference to Snake and Kaz's pain in their limbs that are no longer there. But the phantom pain is also a metaphor, for Snake feeling pain for parts of him that are gone, like Paz, among other things.
>>
>>379395051
Sons of Liberty. There's no arguing this.
>>
>>379396963
Best boxart too.
>>
>>379395051
Snake Eater is the best for its multiple meanings

Guns of the Patriots is the coolest sounding one, especially after having played MGS2 and knowing about the Patriots.
>>
>>379396910
Woah, geez. Calm your tits.
>>
>>379395051

Guns of the Patriots
>>
>>379396202
Sounds freakin' badass. Makes me wanna curl my biceps and say "CHECK THESE GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS, BOY!"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.