[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitman's Not Dead Yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4013.jpg (91KB, 1279x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4013.jpg
91KB, 1279x552px
http://www.ioi.dk/store-changes-hitman/

> Our intention is to make ‘The Complete First Season’ the default option for new players to buy the game, now that all of the episodes have been released.

>In approximately 2 weeks time, The ‘Intro Pack’ and ‘Upgrade Pack’ will be removed from digital stores and will no longer be available for purchase.

>Steam: After the changes, Intro Pack owners will be able to purchase ‘The Complete First Season’ and only pay for the episodes that they do not already own. Essentially, Steam will detect which episodes you have already purchased and only charge you for the ones you do not own. Individual episodes will no longer be available.

>These changes do not affect anyone who purchased the Complete First Season on disc, nor do they affect any existing digital purchases. If you already own either ‘The Complete First Season’ or the ‘Upgrade Pack’, these changes will not affect you.

At last

>Additionally, these changes will help us to lay the foundations for our future plans for HITMAN.
>>
File: gun.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
Cool. Now make the elusive targets replayable.
At the very least, cycle them back around while you work on Season 2.
>>
>>379387165
I still think its ridiculous they got Gary Busey and Gary Cole for a mission that only lasted a week
>>
>>379387165
They said that the old ones are too shit to bring back which is absurd. They have barely changed since the first with the exception of a few gimmick ones. How the fuck do you get Gary Busey in your game and delete him after a week, especially when the game was mid-season and nobody fucking owned it
>>
how does this mean it's not dead?
>>
>>379388237
>>Additionally, these changes will help us to lay the foundations for our future plans for HITMAN.
Reminder that when squeenix sells the studio they're selling the hitman licence along with it so they can keep making shit.
>>
>>379387165
NO YOU FAGGOTS IF YOU DIDNT PLAY THE ELUSIVE TARGETS FUCK OFF JESUS CHRIST THE WHOLE GIMMICK IS THE TENSION OF FUCKING IT UP
STEP THE FUCK UP OR GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg
43KB, 900x900px
>>379389348
FUCK YOU. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE ON CHALLENGES FOREVER. I DIDN'T EVEN LOSE IT. THE GAME BUGGED OUT ON ME AND THE FAGGOTS SAW THROUGH WALLS!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>379387612
They're all too shit to bring back. Even on one playthrough it's obvious how shallow the missions are.
>>
>>379387165
this. i will not buy unless they had in the extra shit for everyone.
>>
Does the new Hitman play like Blood Money?
>>
>>379390403
Yes, though some aspects are missing
>No weapon upgrading
>No human shield
>No sniper briefcase
>No newspaper ending
>>
>>379390403
Kinda but with less features in some ways, more features in others. Levels are much bigger overall and have much more detail and options in them but gameplay mechanics kinda took a dive. Disguise system is a lot less risky but the streamlining works pretty well as does the guard AI in general. Bodies don't leave a blood trail anymore, there's no notoriety system, no suitcase for your sniper rifle and rifles in general stick to your back instead of being held in your offhand.
>>
>>379389509
Why didn't you disconnect your internet and retry it later? I do agree though, bring back the ETs, I want my unlocks too.
>>
>>379390797
>Less risky than the godmode disguises in Blood Money
what
wew
>>
>>379390967
Were they? It's been far too long since I played BM so I can hardly remember but I guess that makes sense. I do remember BM being easy as shit too.
>>
>>379390797
>Disguise system is a lot less risky
What? That's like impossible.
>>
>>379391082
Blood Money disguises are 100% secure unless you're committing a crime.
>>
>>379391082
In BM even if you're trespassing for some time no will shoot you
>>
>>379391082
Blood Money had disguises that gave you free reign to go anywhere and do basically anything but murder someone in public. Hitman 2016 has "enforcers" who will recognize that you're not actually on the bodyguard crew or whatever, but spread out much less obnoxiously than Absolution.
>>
>>379391107
In Blood Money, enemies will slowly figure you out if you're close to them even if you're disguised. In the new one, only certain enemies will see through your disguise.
The system redeems itself by making sense though. If you disguise yourself as a security guard for example, maybe half the security guards will know, but none of the housekeepers, since the housekeepers don't know who the security guards are, right?
Likewise, if you pretend to be a scientist, scientists will see through it, etc etc.

It's not bad. Just easier.
>>
>>379391354
>In Blood Money, enemies will slowly figure you out if you're close to them even if you're disguised.
No no no. That would be Contracts, but no BM.
>>
>>379391132
>>379391251
>>379391286
Then I must have been thinking of Contracts and SA's disguise system, sorry about that. In that case, 2016 has a better disguise system since they have some of those dudes that can see through your disguise but it depends on good placement of these guards, so it really has to go hand-in-hand with the level designers.
>>
>>379391354
>In Blood Money, enemies will slowly figure you out if you're close to them even if you're disguised.
No they don't.
>>
BM is overrated, it's just too easy.
Contracts is the best, 2 is a close second.
>>
>>379388661
I was so relieved when I heard this, though whoever the retard who made the decision is will regret it. Hitman is a very recognisable franchise even for those who don't play it, and since this new platform for the game has longevity in mind, there's no telling how successful the following seasons will be. Hopefully Sony buys them.
>>
>>379391708
>Hopefully Sony buys them.
Please never post anywhere again.
>>
>>379391532
Contracts perfected the original formula, but BM took it in different direction. People love BM, because it gave you real freedom on the cost of difficulty. I love Contracts it's my third favourite after TM and BM, but sometimes game felt like chasing scripts.
>>
>>379391880
>People love BM, because it gave you real freedom on the cost of difficulty
Freedom to also try difficult things like suit only/fiber wire only runs. Same with TM. The older games always had scripted solutions as well but they had far fewer real options.
>>
>>379387165
no
>laughing at you in my winter coat
>>
>>379391708
>hopefully sony buys them
FUCK OFF
>>379388661
So youre saying SE doesnt own the IP anymore? Thank fucking god
>>
>>379391791
>>379392185
Name another publisher that the franchise will be better off under. You literally can't.
>>
>>379391708
>Hopefully Sony buys them.
Hope not. Game plays perfectly on KB+M and pad control scheme really seems like they're out of buttons.
>>
>>379392376
Literally any. The world doesn't need another Demon's Souls where in 10 years a good game is only playable on an obsolete platform at low framerate and low resolution.
>>
>>379386764
It's a
>New elusive target isn't in Marrakech
For fuck sake there were only 2 or 3 out of 24
It's the only suit I'm missing
>>
>>379392527
SEGA
>>
>>379387165
They should become replayable. I get what they are going for,but just make it so you can't unlock the suits from them.
>>
>>379393402
This, they should be infinitely replayable, but not contribute to whatever silly unlock system/leaderboard/free e-penis enhancement pills th'yre tying the scores to.
>>
>>379386764
How bad is Absolution anyway? I just installed it cuz I must have got it on sale a long time ago.
>>
>>379393934
Hitman: Conviction.
>>
>>379391354
I like the small details like if you disguise yourself as hotel staff or security in Bangkok, the hotel manager will still be able to see right through it
>>
>>379393889
>>379393402
Why are you pretending the suits are anything but an afterthought? I think they should be replayable but it would make people realize that they weren't any good to begin with.
>>
>>379393934
The missions that actually follow the classic hitman structure are not bad at all! The thing is that there are only two or three of them across the entire damn game.

The game is a slave to its narrative, it wants to be The Professional and so most of the levels are "get from point A to point B, maybe killing some key targets along the way, maybe not"
Also a couple absolutely awful scripted action sequences where you're trying to kill a target that's already aware of your presence.

Also, THAT scene.
>>
>>379392376
Literally any other publisher
We dont need PRESS X TO ASSASSINATE, we already had that game
>>
> Make a pretty good Hitman game
> Intentionally cripple it by implementing cancerous shit

Literally why?
>>
>>379394394
Square Enix are unironically worse than EA
>>
>>379393934
If it was a new IP, it would've been pretty great imo. I like the cover shooting and the point shooting mechanic.
Still haven't found anything similar to it, but I may just be not searching hard enough.
>>
>>379386764
So IO basically fixed 50% of Square's fuck up in one month. HOLY FUCKING SHIT BASED IO
>>
File: 1471565480886.png (470KB, 459x413px) Image search: [Google]
1471565480886.png
470KB, 459x413px
>>379386764
>>379387165
Wow it's almost like making an offline singleplayer game into a shitty always-online service game was a mistake.......
>>
>>379392376
Sega. Not joking sega can handle Hitman fucking perfectly
>>
File: 1414941083891.png (74KB, 265x294px) Image search: [Google]
1414941083891.png
74KB, 265x294px
>>379394818
>Hitman Enhanced Gore Pack: $9.99
>>
>>379393934
It's "How the fuck did they fuck this up so bad?" tier if you played the original games.
>>
>>379393934
They accidentally modeled the main character of a fun grindhouse-styled action game to look like Agent 47.
>>
>>379394971
I actually have really come around on sega lately

their PC presence is huge now, and knows wtf they're doing.

Just bring sega rally to steam, sega
I fucking implore you.

it's such a dumb, fun game and would be an instant impulse buy at ~$20
>>
>>379393934
much like mafia 3, if you just think its not part of the series youll be fine
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.