[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: header.jpg (71KB, 460x215px)
header.jpg
71KB, 460x215px
>>
it's ok
>>
Not bad; enjoyed Dragonfall's concept and setting more.
>>
>>379385504
I played it near launch and experienced some NPC story progression hitches, but that seems to have been fixed by now. Otherwise, I enjoyed it, but not as much as Dragonfall
>>
>>379385504
pretty good, but Dragonfall's better
>>
>>379385504

Is it in Cantonese?
>>
>>379385504
Dragonfall > Hong Kong > Returns.

Solid 7/10 though.
>>
>>379385504
Great, not as good as Dragonfall but that is a though act to follow.
>>
>>379386143
Technically yes, but not from a player perspective.
>>
>>379385504
Wasn't a fan of Duncan, I'm not talking as a character I mean as an ally on my team. Just seemed like there were more useful party members.

It let me have those laser whip things I saw in Johnny Mnemonic. That was pretty cool. Also have any of the Shadowrun games had a not awful decker for you to use? Didn't like Blitz and didn't like the dwarf. I always end up being the decker because of it, although the dwarf did get a grenade launcher which was useful.
>>
>Devs don't realise how overpowered Rigger is

Running 3 fucking Drones along with the rest of the team is pretty great.
>>
File: strike a pose.png (151KB, 600x727px) Image search: [Google]
strike a pose.png
151KB, 600x727px
cute!
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 169x222px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 169x222px
>>379387747
that's not best girl
>>
>>379386805
Racter > Is0bel > Gobbet >>>>>>>>>> D*ncan
>>
I like it. Sure it has a lot of reading to it, but I do like how it incorporates that to give the player knowledge to get the best ending. Also it's kinda tough for me to go back to Dragonfall after HK due to QOL changes.
>>379387015
Pretty good, but still not assault rifle good especially with the post campaign assault rifle.
>>379386805
What are you talking about? Isobel has a pistol that almost always gets Crits and her grenade launcher can shoot mines while also holding 2 instead of one in it.
>>
>>379385504

A glorified visual novel like the two games before it

now with EVEN MORE TEXTDUMPS!
>>
>>379389003
t. ADHD pleb
>>
>>379388112
What an insultingly terrible character.
>>
File: 1447373004782.jpg (7KB, 146x127px) Image search: [Google]
1447373004782.jpg
7KB, 146x127px
>cant murder your entire crew with Racter and go on a robo-rampage.

1/10
>>
>>379390358
....not sure if this is bait/sarcasm
>>
Haven't tried the extended edition but at least the base game felt like a disappointment after Dragonfall. It added some nifty new things to the combat but the extremely limited cash prevented you from fully exploring these new options (especially weapons and cybernetics would drain your wallet so fast).

I also sorely missed the long runs with multiple approaches which actually allowed your party to act as a team of runners on the job. Hong Kong's side missions were extremely short and linear for the most part.
>>
>>379390358
>Killing ya boy Gaichu
C'mon now.
>>
>>379385504
Game is on my to-do list, but I haven't touched the series yet. Any race/class recommendations for first run?
>>
File: see those mountains.png (393KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
see those mountains.png
393KB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>379385504
Big Texas best name.
>>
>You will never tier
gobbet, racter, gaichu

not even once tier
duncan, isobel
>>
>>379390953
>Running with a plague vector
Enjoy your HMHVV
>>
You're at the club and this guy grabs your drone's remote

What do you do?
>>
>>379390953
>>379392062
>gaichu
fuckin blasted that zomboid and never looked back tbqfh family
>>
>>379392518
grab his drone
>>
>>379390785
>limited cash
Did you stop playing the game after the first four or so missions? By the time you're rescuing Raymond and shit, you'll have more than enough money for stuff. The game just doesn't throw money at you super early, which makes sense since you aren't veteran Shadowrunners in HK.

>I also sorely missed the long runs with multiple approaches which actually allowed your party to act as a team of runners on the job.
This is in HK as well though? Hell the game has a lot more checks than Dragonfall does so there's even more non-combat options compared to DF. I usually went Racter, Isobel, and Gobbet so I could do all the skill checks needed to pull this off.
>>
>>379385504
flux state was cooler
>tfw you will never be a cyberpunk gun for hire in anarchist Berlin
>>
>>379393185

As far as I know I completed all the sidequests and I could barely afford some of the best spells towards the end of the game. Couldn't even dream of the more expensive cybernetics or even think about decking out my party members properly. While in Dragonfall I remember having everything I wanted and more after I paid out the debt.

Maybe because big part of DF was earning money but in comparison the missions in HK give pathetic pay.
>>
>>379393185
He's right though, it was very limited, even in the late stages. It's fine if you're a Sammy, but a nightmare for someone who also needs secondary gear like a Decker.
>>
File: Npc_humanmale_racter.png (146KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Npc_humanmale_racter.png
146KB, 212x278px
Who Racter here
>>
I've played Returns, and I've heard Dragonfall and Hong Kong are better. Is this true?
>>
>>379394205
Much better. DF is a bit better than HK, but both are vastly superior to Returns.
>>
>>379394205
yup
>>
>>379394151
Racter was wrong!
>>
So why was Racter immune to essence loss?
>>
>>379394205
Much better, though carried by writing over mechanics.
>>
>>379394636
DAMAGED
>>
>>379394636
He most likely wasn't, he was just teetering on the edge and delusional about it. As long as it's high quality cyberware, you can cram a surprisingly large volume of it into a body without the poor sap dying on the operating table.
>>
I kind of like Shadowrun sort of always has you semi-poor instead of dropping massive lumps of nuyen on you and leave you waddling around with it. average fantasy RPG I have a million gold coins in a bag of endless shekels.
>>
>>379390358
>no "cleanse all organic life to achieve posthuman future" ending
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>379394636
didn't he only have robo legs and a datajack? That's not much. Besides, he's a cold dude anyway
>>
>>379395201
>didn't he only have robo legs and a datajack?
dude lost everything below his navel
>>
>>379393720
>>379394051
Yeah, like I said, the game doesn't just straight up throw money at you like crazy. But by the last couple missions before the final one, you should be able to buy most of the things for your end build unless you frivolously spent on med kits. There are also some good weapons/spells that drop in some of the missions that can last you till you get the best stuff. Unlike DF, you aren't expected to upgrade EVERYTHING at EVERY tier once it becomes available. It's much easier to manage once you realize that. Part of probably why the game also has more non-combat options as well.
>>
>>379395326
must have missed that bit of his back story. But anyway, the essence loss is reflected in his transhumanist philosophy. And he's not very sentimental at all
>>
File: A good nigga is a good niga.jpg (55KB, 616x478px) Image search: [Google]
A good nigga is a good niga.jpg
55KB, 616x478px
>>379385504
Good improvment on combat and cyberhacking but some main missions were way too short and pacing between missions and hub is atrocious.
Some conversations were wayy long with thier over-description of everything.

Ractor and Gaichu are the best members of both Shadowrun hands down.

>>379387015
pic related
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.