[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am at the start of Pillars of Eternity Playing a Barbarian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1491502742.jpg
54KB, 460x215px
I am at the start of Pillars of Eternity
Playing a Barbarian
Should I try to save up money to make my own adventurers or get the story companions? Which companions are good?
>>
File: portrait_eder_lg.png (126KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_eder_lg.png
126KB, 210x330px
Edér is great, get him.
Durance is also great, get him.
Finally, if you have the expansion, get Zahua.
Aside from that, stick with the story companions if you like them, since they're mostly fine, or just make your own.
Just stay away from Kana Rua and the two companions from the expansion that aren't Zahua.
>>
>>379380472
>stay away from Kana Rua
Nigger, I will cut you
Kana Rua is fun
>>
>>379379369
enjoy with your SJW game.
>>
making your own companions is gay as shit. the companion variety in pillars isn't great, I think probably 95% of playthroughs people do will have eder kana and durance on the team. they make a good party with whatever class you're playing though and are cool enough dudes

remember that you can pay in taverns to re-do people from level 1 if you want to make the proper companions a little more how you want them
>>
>>379382459
Pillars of Eternity isn't SJW
>but muh one backer stone that got altered
Irrelevant
>>
>>379383509
There's nothing wrong with making your own wacky parties if that's what you want, but I agree that the companions that have their own dialogue are better.
You don't need to go to taverns to re-do them from level 1 either, just go to options and turn auto leveling off, you get to stat them up from level 1 even if you recruit them when they're at 8
>>
>>379384963
there's nothing wrong with it except it's gay as shit
>>
>>379385224
Why? Elaborate.
>>
>>379381574
Kana Rua is cringe as fuck,
>>
>>379388173
die
>>
Make your own companions because all the story ones are VERY poorly built and they basically have no personality and do not affect the story in any way (Except for Durance).
>>
>>379388434
No, they aren't. They don't affect the story very meaningfully, but they have a lot of dialogue.
>>
>>379379369

>playing a Barbarian

When I tried to roll a barbarian I truly realized how fucked up the attribute score system in this game was

>good barbarian has moderate might but has massive amounts of Int, literally the smartest man in the world
>a good wizard only needs a little int, but is the strongest man alive

What the fuck were they actually smoking
>>
>>379391164
nah you're retarded. a barbarian will mostly just hit targets adjacent to their main target. if you wasted all your points on intelligence it's going to be probably worse than strength

and if your wizard isn't shitting status effects on everyone then you're retarded
>>
Just play with the regular story companions. Even on path of the damned the game isn't difficult enough to warrant playing with a team of perfectly optimized characters. You'll just end up steamrolling
>>
>>379391467

>a barbarian will mostly just hit targets adjacent to their main target

And that's why int helps a LOT, you go from hitting 1/2 things to wiping hordes of trash out. That's literally your job as a Barbarian because you don't have the ability to lock down a target and do single target DPS like a fighter gets. If you want to stack might and go melee just play a fighter.
>>
>>379391164
Who the fuck makes a wizard without int? They're one of the most buff and debuff oriented classes in the game? Even wizard tanks stack int
>>
>>379391635
it doesn't take a huge investment in intelligence to hit all adjacent targets, whereas more strength is always good. to say inteligence is better than strength makes you sound incredibly retarded. they are both stats you want
>>
>>379391467
>>379391635

Also, the duration bonus on your abilities like frenzy goes up.
>>
>>379391164
>Barbarians are dumb
When will this meme end? Fucking D&Dfaggots. Go read Conan. He was smart as fuck.
>>
>>379391635
>That's literally your job as a Barbarian because you don't have the ability to lock down a target and do single target DPS like a fighter gets
Untrue. Barbarians are in fact some of the best single target damage dishers. The only classes that surpass him are Monks and arguably Rogues, under certain conditions.
To make a fighter that does more damage than a Barbarian, you have to go out of your way to build that.
>>
>>379391575
I don't know. In my experience, POTD with story companions was pretty rough.
>>
I've tried to play this 4 times and every single time it glitches out and my save breaks. I really enjoy it up until that happens but holy shit.
>>
when is 2 out
>>
>>379394116
Sasuga Obsidian
>>
>>379395570
Official release date is Q1 2018, so expect it by 2019
>>
>>379379369
Why would you want a soulless companion dude, get all the companions and then choose which ones you keep based on the level you're going. I always had in my party:

>Edér
>Aloth
>Durance
the other 2 depended on my needs
>>
>Aloth
>>
>>379382459
This.

Buying SJW products enables the corruption of western civilization.
>>
>>379397427
>>>/pol/
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.