[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently they're making a new Splinter Cell? Any chances

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 13

File: sc.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
So apparently they're making a new Splinter Cell? Any chances it gets announced in E3?
>>
>>379375415
Might aswell the series went to shit with conviction anyways
>>
>>379375982
>Not Blacklist
Conviction did nothing wrong
>>
>>379376074
You fags are worse than Resident evil 4 cocksuckers
>>
File: 1496677708822.gif (1MB, 268x274px) Image search: [Google]
1496677708822.gif
1MB, 268x274px
>>379376074
>Blacklist worse than Conviction
>>
>>379376074
>not Double Agent
>>
>>379375415
Nobody cares about this franchise anymore. Just look at this thread.
>>
>>379376783
Of course not, it doesn't have waifus, Japanese weirdness or ebin memes.
>>
File: 20170522145411_1.jpg (154KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170522145411_1.jpg
154KB, 1920x1080px
>>379376074
Do you play these games like third person shooters or something? The only thing Conviction did right is the ending of the co-op campaign; and Blacklist was an improvement on every level except Sam's new VA. We'll never get something as good as the first three games, so I'd settle for another Blacklist with a new MC inb4 it's the black guy from Blacklist
>>
>>379375415
Splinter cell needs to be rebooted as a hero shooter
>>
>>379375415
I'm hoping that Ubisoft just hurries up and sells the franchise to someone who actually gives a shit.
>>
>>379376074

Blacklist is the second best after Chaos Theory.

You have garbage taste, the only shits sections in blacklist are the FPS and Drone level.

Conviction is shit on its entierty.
>>
>>379376120
This meme needs to stop
>>
>>379376783
Not true.
It's just that they kinda jumped th shark a bit, when all they really needed to do was remake Chaos theory again and again and we'd still buy it.
If they remake a next gen chaos theory it would be money in the bank, but they won't, they'll make a bastardised stealth version of COD and wonder why it won't sell.
>>
>>379376903
It isn't just /v/. I mean the rest of people out there to. Honestly this franchise (when it was good) was always too hard for your average gamer anyways.

Hardcore stealth games are not only not popular but they aren't even really made anymore. So of course this franchise died with it. Only other possibly more hardcore than Splinter Cell was Thief and look what they did to that.
>>
>>379377202

Or a open world ubishit game that wants to copy MGS V but with ubisoft open world seal of quality plastered all over it.
>>
>>379376969
Oh god not the black guy.

>bland in both personality and character design
>Sam, I just want to be an operator like you!
>is there just to aggressively question everything
>can't shut up for 10 seconds during his FPS segment

At least nu-Sam had his ice cold confidence. I felt like playing as the Batman of operators.
>>
>>379375415
I hope not, Splinter Cell is trash. Metal Gear and Hitman shit all over it.
>>
>>379377005
wow what a shitty taste.

SC 3 > SC 2 > SC 1 > DA > Conviction = Blacklist
>>
>>379377202
Fuck the remake meme, Chaos Theory looks fine as it is.
>>
>>379377202
See >>379377279

I like your optimism but I'm afraid I can't see it this way. I'm pretty sure many idiots would see CT as really clunky to play and difficult had it released today only with better graphics.

Also they would get too much of an itch to make sure they allow you to see through walls.
>>
>>379377279
>Hardcore stealth games are not only not popular but they aren't even really made anymore.

True. The reason why Ubisoft somewhat casualized SC and let you play like John Wick if you wanted is that otherwise their audience would be extremely limited. A lot of people don't like stealth as a concept, especially if it involves methodical trial and error stuff.

So while I think another SC is definitely coming, it will be more in line with Blacklist than with the old games.
>>
>>379377415
Pandora Tomorrow was utter and unredeemable shit
SC3>SC1>SC4 Wii>SC4 PC>Blacklist>SC2>Conviction>GBA Game
>>
>>379377279
This.
Nobody gives a fuck about Splinter Cell.
>>
>>379377620
Tenchu was alot of fun.
>>
>>379377005
Lets not go nuts. Blacklist is docked a few points purely for how shitty nuSam was. The slippery controls that made close range sneaking hard and the overabundance of ammo detracted from the balance of the game as well. It's clear they intended for you to treat it as a cover shooter (the game is so much easier to steam roll that way) but then they got the backlash from the E3 trailer which had literally no stealth and decided they should at least try to put it in.

What I really hated was the lack of extreme proximity encounters. You can never be really close to a guard that's facing you without being seen.
>>
>>379376132
>liking no michael ironside
it's like you suck cocks and take in the ass willingly
>>
>>379377202
They did do that with the PS2 version of Double Agent and it was great, but it got overshadowed by the horrible next gen versions and Ubisoft thought they had to go in a completely different direction. That's where Conviction came in.
>>
>>379377904
>Tenchu was alot of fun.

Also another dead stealth franchise. Like I said guys. You just need to let it go.
>>
>>379378261
God, Ironsidefags are the worst. Looks like you want to take it in the ass from him.
>>
>>379375415
A new splinter cell?
You mean a new third person shooter?

Here's what will happen if announced
>media hyping it
>everyone hyping it
>ubisoft going full propaganda as always
>everyone falling for it
>release
>its shit
>no one learns from it
>repeat
>>
Latest rumors are that Ubisoft got Ironside back for the next game. No news on what the game will be like, but the guy behind the series said a while ago that no two SC games are the same. I think they're going to go back to a more gritty and realistic sneaking style than the bullshit they did with Convicition and Blacklist.
>>
>>379378261
>it doesn't matter if the game's better, muh Ironside!
Literally David Hayter all over again. At least Hayter was sacked and people could legitimately complain about that. Ironside signed off the role and parted on good terms.
>>
File: 1493779250645.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1493779250645.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>379378304
>Another

Splinter Cell ain't even dead. Why are you shitposting so hard? Are you really this butthurt at people calling out your shit taste?
>>
>>379378596
Two wrong statements there. One, that Ironside's 70 year old ass would do motion capture and two, that Ubisoft would go back to slower stealth gameplay.
>>
>>379376074
Blacklist is better than convulsion and double agent sucked too
>>
File: time to operate.jpg (71KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
time to operate.jpg
71KB, 550x350px
>>379376969
They should've seriously spun off co-op in some kind of game on its own.
>>
File: 1377678225588.jpg (25KB, 350x523px) Image search: [Google]
1377678225588.jpg
25KB, 350x523px
>>379378456
>>379378678
>t. people who are too casual to finish any of the games besides Blacklist
>They didn't even play Conviction because they only own playstations.
>>
>>379376074
confirmed for not playing either
>>
>>379378832
He never did motion capture before. The whole motion capture thing was a cop out that he and Ubisoft used to give an excuse for letting him go. At cons he's said the real reason he didn't return is because he read the script and didn't like how they turned Sam into a murder machine.
>>
>>379378942
I first played the original SC when I was 9, sorry that a simple change of an aging voice actor doesn't make me buttdevastated.
>>
>>379378283
Double Agent is the shit and probably the only Splinter Cell game until Conviction, which fucked up colossally, that tried to advance the series' formula by becoming more about espionage and hard choices.
>>
>>379378261
gameplay>voice acting
blacklist gameplay was superior to conviction
>>
>>379379108
Conviction had murder machine Sam as well though.
>>
>>379378456
pretty much. ironside phoned in his performance for conviction so badly it wasn't even funny. from what I understand he personally didn't like the changes and said his voice didn't fit anymore or something like that.
>>
>>379379108
>>379379247
Giving Splinter Cell and Sam specifically some kind of ongoing overarching story was a mistake. Series was at its best when it was about Sam doing military operations with a loose narrative tying them all together.
>>
>>379378939
they had 3 chances to make new protagonists and spin offs and they either ignore them or kill them off like kestrel and archer or the newbie that they killed off in da, that bit in da where he's tagging along with new blood had potential for Sam to become the new Lambert and the kid to take the mantle, but they decided to make Sam fisher a bad ass seasoned veteran, when everyone already knows that, and sacrifice the new agent.
I would've loved the banter between young and old
>>
>>379379108
Conviction had Sam become a murder machine more so than Blacklist. In fact, you can get through the entire Blacklist campaign and only kill the 'boss' at the end. If anything, he probably didn't like the idea of Sam getting younger yet again. I still don't get why Ubi didn't just have him become the new Lambert and let you play as someone new. We'll get banter again, at the very least. Blacklist takes itself way too seriously.
>>
>>379379570
Because they think appeal is playing as Sam and not playing as a badass operative that happens to be called Sam. This whole "personal investment" developers have going on.
>>
>>379379570
thank god for Elias' returning character, he brought some levity to the game.
everyone on the nomad is high on Jason Bourne's surveillance room tension
>>
Objective and inarguable rankings for the Splinter Cell games, from best to worst:

Chaos Theory: 9/10
Original Splinter Cell: 8/10
Pandora Tomorrow: 8/10
Double Agent: 6/10
Blacklist: 5/10
Conviction: 3/10

This is using a real 1-10 meter by the way, not the fake 'game reviewer' meter. Also I'm not including multiplayer modes here because only Chaos Theory had worthwhile multiplayer, but god damn was it good. Some of my best vidya memories was CT multiplayer.
>>
>>379379861
what a shitty post
>>
>>379379570
I guess they're afraid to let go of the character. They want their protagonist to be the god of operating and the one who makes the decisions, it works with Sam who's basically a legend in the universe, but not with someone new.
>>
>>379378678
At least Sutherland did a decent job as Snake, unlike the literally who they got to play Sam.
>>
This may be a shot in the dark, but the guy who plays Kobin (Elias Toufexis) tweeted a picture of him wearing a mocap rig recently. There's a good chance it's Splinter Cell. So by my guess, whatever they announce at E3 is a direct continuation of Blacklist since it would be the only sensible explanation as to why his character is still in the game.
>>
>>379379667
It's such a weird train of thought that they had. Did they really think people wouldn't find it weird how he sounds 20 years younger than he did since the first game AND now he sounds as though he's the same age as his daughter? They sound more like husband and wife than father and daughter. Shit's weird as all hell.

>>379379745
Oh shit, I did not know at all Elias voiced Andriy. And yeah, I enjoyed the back and forth between Sam and him a lot. Charlie came off as an annoying son of a bitch for most of the beginning and only became tolerable after he fucked up and was brought down to Earth again. Brigg's was a hard ass for no reason and Grim needed to stop acting so superior after the shit she pulled in Conviction.

Like you said, the tension was way too high. Maybe they wanted to use that to reinforce the fact that you're working against the clock but everyone just keeps coming off as being dicks instead.

>>379379908
They could still have had Sam be the one to make decisions though. Just have the new kid (or Archer from Conviction) be the one you play as. You won't lose Sam as the badass veteran, you'll expand an established character, you'll reintroduce the banter that was sorely missing in Conviction and may even get some more interesting dynamic between Sam and the new guy, considering Sam was a field agent for a long ass time and is experienced vs. the current field agent who is on the ground and may have more on-hands knowledge of what the fuck's going on in the mission.
>>
>>379380193
>It's such a weird train of thought that they had. Did they really think people wouldn't find it weird how he sounds 20 years younger than he did since the first game AND now he sounds as though he's the same age as his daughter?
I think what Ubisoft did was reboot his character a la the new Tomb Raider games (but with keeping the continuity). So their mainstream audience could have a Sam Fisher that's not a grandpa, but at the cost of hardcore fans being pissed.
In hindsight, I wouldn't even call it a bad decision. The game undersold because of other factors rather than a change in voice actor. And if they keep him for the next game, the bitching would be still there, but far less prevalent, especially if the game is actually good. What I would do differently, however, is to give him a better script. It's difficult to step in Ironside's shoes, but it's impossible when most of the lines you're given consist of military jargon and yelling at people.
>>
Fuck you all i would buy a new blacklist. It just needs better story and no generic boring side characters. I liked stone cold operator nu-fisher,he is nowhere near the old bantmaster but still passable.
>>
I just want Matt Damon to get old and play Jasam Fishbourne.
>>
>>379379147
Next gen Double Agent removed the need to use practically any gadgets. You got tons of them, but it was so easy to just shoot everyone with the assault rifle.
>>
>>379380731
It still doesn't explain how he sounds the same age as his daughter though. For anyone who hadn't played the previous games and knew who he was talking to, I wouldn't put it past them to mistaken Sarah for his wife or sister. I'm alright with the new VA in terms of quality of voice acting. He does get the job done in portraying an agent focused on the job. He can be threatening when he needs to and he does do subtle animosity pretty well, as can be seen during the first half of the game with Grim. He isn't always like that either since he comes off as friendly when he talks to Sarah, Charlie or Vic so he's good at what he does and I wouldn't have minded if he voiced the new agent either.

It's just a weird decision all around on how they handled Sam's character, that's all. I don't know, I think it'll just continue to become more and more awkward as the series goes on. I've gotten used to the new VA and all, but having him interact at all with Sarah is going to be weird.
>>
>>379379208
He only stuck with that because of the story being about Sam's daughter. No motion capture by him in that game, by the way.
>>
As far as I'm concerned, Ironsides IS Sam Fisher.

Without Ironsides I refuse to consider any character as Sam. Its a rare case in which a voice actor becomes so intrinsically linked to a particular character, but this is such a case.

For this reason, I say fuck Blacklist. Which sucks because some (some) of its gameplay can be pretty good.
>>
NeoGaf says there's a rumor it's Xbox-exclusive. They paid something like 50mil for it.
>>
>>379379907
Blacklist was a shit game.

>Get spotted
>Sprint to cover
>LOL ADAPTIVE PARKOR
>Spectacularly leap over cover and kill yourself

There's no state of invisible like in every other game including Conviction. You can be at the bottom of a 100m deep mine, shoot out all the lights, and still be spotted from 10m.
>>
>>379381463
>NeoGaf says there's a rumor
Because truly, NeoGaf is the pinnacle of insider video game intelligence.
>>
>>379380151
That doesn't mean it has to be a "direct continuation". Lots of characters tend to recur in the series.
>>
>>379381118
They already relegated his daughter to a voice on the phone, I'm pretty sure they'll write her out entirely in the next one.
>>
>>379380193
IMO every character in Blacklist except Adam Jensen was annoying. Grimm was a bitch. Charlie was a bitch. Briggs was a bitch. Sam was a dick. The engineers leader wasn't convincingly menacing at all. They could just make the entire next game be Elias Toufax and Ironside Sam and it would be fine.
>>
Honestly, they could just make an operation barracuda video game adaptation and I'm sure it would do fine.

At least it happened when Ironsides was Sam and Lambert was still around.
>>
>>379381657
NeoFags maybe is not the pinnacle of inteligence.
But is clear Splinter Cell series has been more a Xbox thing.
Even during the 6th gen with the big numbers of PS2, the Splinter Cell series still sold more on Xbox.
Just as much PS is for Metal Gear.
>>
>>379382115
>Grimm was a bitch
She did nothing wrong.
>>
>>379382282
That's because the xbox was marketed towards fratboys who like dark and gritty manly men stuff where the playstation was marketed towards animu watching overly-complicated-story loving weebs.
>>
>>379380765
I found that nu-Sam really grows on you if you play as a violent psychopath and Panther your way through.
>>
>>379381439
That's probably because Ironside literally shaped the character with his input. Before he got the script, Sam was basically like he was in Blacklist; a gruff and tough marine. Ironside came up with this vision of Fisher as an instrument that was used by the government one too many times. An old man in a young man's profession who constantly sees young soldiers making the mistakes he must have gone through long ago.
>>
If it's more of fucking Matrix shit and not stealth then they can fuck off.
>>
>>379382351
Her VA was replaced just like Sam's was and her character changed along with it. NuGrimm has no chemistry with nuSam. She sucks.
>>
File: 19177271491.jpg (85KB, 1150x468px) Image search: [Google]
19177271491.jpg
85KB, 1150x468px
If I enjoyed the stealth of mgs phantom pain would I enjoy sc blacklist?
The game isn't open world but the stealth looks pretty cool.
>>
File: Civilians.jpg (22KB, 540x270px) Image search: [Google]
Civilians.jpg
22KB, 540x270px
Would be great if the next SC wouldn't have a AOE instant stun crossbow.

Double Agent on original Xbox was best SC btw.
Chaos Theorie engine, great levels, everything.
>>
>>379375415
Would it be any good without Tom Clancy around to work on it?
>>
>>379383185
Yeah, I'd say the stealth mechanics are pretty similar.
>>
File: Choas Theroy.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Choas Theroy.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>379375415
>any Splinter Cell after Chaos Theroy

nope
>>
>>379383185
It's okay, but lacking in atmosphere and all the guards feel so lifeless and dumb compared to how they were in CT. They spot you because a bar fills up on your screen and you get this annoying as fuck noise when you're detected.

With regards to comparison with MGS, all I can say is that GZ blew me away so hard compared to SC:BL. They both have a gitmo level and GZ's version is so much better.
>>
>>379383616
>>379383551
Blacklist and Conviction have such dogshit levels, I must say. They're all so bereft of spectacle and vistas. I miss infiltrating huge skyscrapers, banks, etc. from previous games.
>>
>>379383616
>They both have a gitmo level and GZ's version is so much better.
Kind of an unfair comparison, since GZ is built on that level while Blacklist only uses it in one mission.

Actually, if Ubi doesn't go full retard with open world, maybe they could implement similar open levels with several objectives in the next Splinter Cell.
>>
File: 1495393145767.jpg (105KB, 718x864px) Image search: [Google]
1495393145767.jpg
105KB, 718x864px
>>379379247
>>379379337
>>379379108

There was a video on youtube tying old interview of double agent and convictions, showing how he didn't want a "finish him" while showing what blacklist had become, but could never find said video again unfortunately.

All in all, Chaos theory conversations were so good, specially considering the time it came out, blacklist might have had some superior gameplay to both CT and conviction in some ways, but the story was so bland and uninspiring.. takes some joy in it.

Btw, Do you think single players games suffer from playthroughs in youtube? You basically see the whole game, while not playing it, the viewer get to enjoy the story.
>>
>>379383272
I wish they remade it when they were doing the HD trilogy. OG Xbox Double Agent with the PS2 bonus levels would be sweet.

I'm kind of annoyed they didn't even put in the bonus levels for SC1 in the remaster. Eg. the one where you kill Phillip Masse.
>>
>>379383957
>open world Splinter Cell game
Please, God, no. It wouldn't work at all but I wouldn't put it past Ubishit to give that a try, at the very least.
>>
>>379383867
Was Conviction the one that introduced the marker shit and the level where you played as normal sam in Washington? Fuck that game made me quit Splinter Cell forever.
>>
>>379383957
>open levels with several objectives

Fuck that. Ubisoft can't do that right as they demonstrated with the JBA HQ missions in Double Agent. GZ didn't even try to do that, by the way. They were open, but still scripted and you basically just had two objectives, extract Paz and Chico, with the game reacting to who you extracted first. For other objectives, they were their own missions.
>>
>>379384106
>normal sam
So he henshins to get into the suit?
>>
>>379384106
Yeah. What I hated the most about that shit is that they designed the entire game's scenarios around it so you'll get into some parts of the game where you have absolutely no choice but to use it. I can remember one part of Blacklist that had that problem too which was the first mission in Benghazi. I still don't know why they make such a big deal of that automated bullshit, it feels much better to pull off chained takedowns on your own by planning properly and waiting for the right opportunity. It doesn't even take that much effort to take down an map full of baddies without using that mark and execute bullshit.
>>
>>379384370
>Ubisoft can't do that right as they demonstrated with the JBA HQ missions in Double Agent
What didn't you like about that? I thought those missions were pretty great. I just hated doing that rubik's cube thing in the last of those missions.
>>
>>379383867
I get that feeling too for some reason. When playing PT and CT, I really appreciate the environments. There's a really nice view of Jerusalem in PT. It's not the same in BL, even though they do try.
>>
>>379384534
I hated pretty much everything to do with it. The lack of a proper light and sound meter made sneaking a chore. The way you couldn't put people to sleep was annoying as well. The PS2 version lets you sneak around with all your gadgets on the condition that you don't kill anyone and that guards will shoot your ass if you are seen. It's so much more fun. What's more, the equipment you got was directly affected by how much trust you had with the NSA.
>>
How the fuck do you get this game to work on modern systems? Either the graphics go to shit or it won't start at all
>>
>>379385307
Works on PS3.
>>
>>379384684
Jerusalem level in PT is aids and shit though.

I am CONVINCED that SOMEHOW the Jerusalem level somehow did not make it to the people who handled the shadows, because there is a fuckload of shit in that level that makes no sense. Stand in full shadow but have a maxed light bar, meanwhile totally invisible while in the middle of an open lighted square.

What the fuck was up with that level, seriously. The level design is great but the shadows are so completely fucked that it kills any enjoyment.
>>
>>379376903
>Grim
>not a waifu
>>
>>379385061
Didn't you still have the light thing on your back to indicate whether you're hidden or not? It's been years since I played so I can't recall. But I liked those missions precisely because of the lack of gadgets and how you needed to remain completely unseen, but didn't get a mission failed if you are caught and only suffered trust issues with the JBA instead. It had a nice risk vs. reward thing going on and focused more on how well you knew the base and its platforming spots to get around. Not to mention how you were also always against the clock which just pushed you to take even bigger risks than usual.

Had a lot of fun but I can see why it'd be a chore for others.
>>
>>379385452
Yeah, there's a few moments like that in SC1 and PT. More so in PT. Parts where you are clearly visible and yet invisible, or vice versa.

Did you kill the Mosad woman?
>>
>>379375982
Bullshit, it went to shit with double agent for PS3/360.
>>
>>379385761
Yes.

I don't know what happens if you don't. I always have.
>>
>>379385761
>Did you kill the Mosad woman?
Is that the lady that went into the elevator and you had only a split second to kill her? I fucked that up the first time around since I was young and had no sense of what was going on at the time. That shit was great and made you feel more like an operator than all the QTEs in the newer games.
>>
>>379385572
Just about every mission in next gen DA has very little reason for you to use gadgets. The PS2/Xbox versions encourage you to use the OCP and the launcher gadgets a lot more.
>>
>>379377202
>It's just that they kinda jumped th shark a bit, when all they really needed to do was remake Chaos theory again and again and we'd still buy it.
No, they need to give the game to ubisoft montreal and keep it away from shanghai. Which is never gonna happen, because montreal is too busy making watch doge and ass is red.
>>
>>379385931
That's true. I don't think I used a single gadget throughout the entirety of DA. Same goes for Conviction and Blacklist too.
>>
I've never actually played a splinter cell game? Are they like MGS with a less retarded story or what?
I tried to look up gameplay but I get really bored trying to watch videos or streams of any game.
>>
>>379385924
If you don't kill her, Lambert and that other guy explain she was setting you up. She and a bunch of snipers appear at the last section of the level and try to kill Sam.
>>
>>379386092
Bitch got what she deserved then.
>>
>>379385925
I know. Lambert was just suddenly like, "Sam, kill her right now. Don't think, just do it."

I did kill her immediately, but never learned why I was supposed to do it until I replayed the level.
>>
>>379376969
I'm a fan of the series and I didn't hate the newer games as much as some people, but the change in character voice was only one of the things that went wrong. It wasn't just the voice, they de-aged Sam by like 20 years, gave him goofy looking equipment, a base of operations from the future and it all clashed together. They were trying to appeal to 12 year old mouthbreathers who would like to see him wear purple goggles that flash incandescently in the dark.
Blacklist's story and presentation lacked levity and a sense of humor, and it didn't make a whole load of sense. Part of what made the series great was the banter between Fisher and Lambert, which was lost with Lambert and never to be seen again.

Now if you go from conviction or even double agent to blacklist it is a vast improvement in terms of mechanics, the game does look nice and play alright, but it is pretty jarring from a story, character development and game mechanics perspective.
>>
>>379386056
Yeah, it's MGS in more linear areas without the anime elements.
>>
>>379387272
>more linear areas
Spot the lying shit for brains kojimadrone.
>>
>>379386056
The original trilogy is different. You play as a US ninja who's job is basically to steal information that can only be accessed in person, without being seen. Also sometimes kill people, but it's rarely required. You have a light meter that shows how visible you are. Your movement speed, along with what you walk on, is connected to how much sound you make. Guards are extremely dangerous to fight because you have limited health and they can drain it completely with 2 bullets if you are in plain sight. It's the kind of games that reward cation. SC1 and PT are based on ghosting. If you play the games long enough, you start to see intended paths that you should take around guards and cameras. In CT, it feels more like you have to improvise to sneak around guards. Using gadgets, distractions and timing, although you can technically ghost every mission without ever leaving a trace.

Conviction is just a story about Sam being really made and killing shitloads of people. Stealth only exists as a means of making the killing easier. Blacklist is basically the same, but you have non lethal options and ghosting is more viable. Both games feel too freaking easy, though. You can see through walls and the there's just something off about it all. It has this modern stink to everything from the hud to the robotic nature of the guards.
>>
>>379386056
not really. you have to avoid guards' cone of vision in metal gear, whereas in splinter cell you have to stay in dark areas. sometimes you can literally walk right in front of a guard and it's too dark for him to see you. also splinter cell doesn't have o.s.p. and it is set in many different locations instead of one
>>
>>379378128
>>379377005

this, DESU. Blacklist was a criminally overlooked return to form for the series.

The only thing it was missing from the original SC and SC:CT was a sense of humour. If it didn't take itself so damn seriously it would literally be the best game in the series.
>>
>>379375982
>>379376074

i'll be honest, i liked all splinter cell games

sue me
>>
>>379388638
It still had pretty bad and boring levels though. I liked the new variety of different guards and what they introduced in to the gameplay but Blacklist was such a bore to play through.
>>
isn't ironside voicing sam in the next sc game? i thought i heard somewhere
>>
>>379388784
I have to say I quite enjoyed the levels but it's definitely true there wasn't really that over-the-top touch of the exotic that made you feel like a real globe-trotting spy
>>
>>379375415
It would leak already if that were to happen.
>>
Bring back Chaos Theory spy vs merc and take my money
>>
>>379388945
That's most likely hopeful thinking from some fan.
Anyway, it's been too long, I don't care who's voicing him as long as there's another Splinter Cell.
>>
Blacklist needed better dialogue desu. Too much technobabble straight outta 24. Watching Sam and Grim's constant dad-mom arguments was pretty funny though.
>>
>>379388784
>I liked the new variety of different guards

Did you also like how night vision googles could be jammed by a radio, and how that radio somehow didn't jam drones? Did you think that was realistic?
>>
>>379389656
No, that's something they really need to improve on. The drone and all the gadgets felt so overpowered that they allowed you to breeze through any mission without any effort. Even on perfectionist, you had a literal shitton of non-lethal shockers, sleeping gas and whatever else at your disposal.
>>
>>379388638
>this, DESU
>The post you are replying to said Blacklist gamplay was TPS garbage

What I want is for them to remove regenerating health. It's better to have a health bar because having a chunk taken out of it in a fight acts as a form of punishment for going loud that is sorely missed. I liked the sneaking in TLOU more than blacklist because of the tension and measured cost of starting a fight.
>>
>>379388945
He was spotted at a Ubisoft studio last year.
>>
>>379389524
I do care. NuSam can suck my dick.
>>
>>379389295
It's been in development for ages at this point.
>>
was blacklist set before or after conviction ?
>>
>>379390238
After.
>>
Conviction had a preddie gud theme

really gave the vibes of deep state, CIA, NSA stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdLna2a0q7I

>>379390274
huh, so grim didn't even have a black eye
>>
>>379390357
Sam gave her the pink eye instead.
>>
>>379390357
>huh, so grim didn't even have a black eye
Yeah, bruises can heal anon.
>>
>>379389931
I can support this as a feature of X difficulty level, but to be completely honest I understand them wanting to balance to accommodate a different style of gameplay and the points system already does enough to let you know how well you're doing using the method you have selected. As long as they ensure that the ghost/stealth approach is fully featured and well executed, that's always going to be a great SC in my books.

That said, bring back hallway-splits
>>
>>379390357
He slapped her with an open hand twice, I doubt she even had a serious bruise.
>>
>>379390742
Fuck the points system. Make the gameplay as good as it can be. There's only so much dopamine my brain can release because I'm getting "points". I want the gameplay itself to be fun. I spent ages screwing around with the guard AI in CT.
>>
>>379391046
>i want good gameplay instead

why not have both?

points system gave some people more replayability to get the different playstyles scores
>>
hot take
they genuinely fucked up by doing away with mark & execute.
>>
>shoots light bulb
>could have just used the switch
>>
>>379390742
>different style of play
You're the reason games like dishonored and t4ief exist. Fuck your different styles of play, it gets in the way of good stealth
>>
>>379391138
Replaying for points can only go on so far before the player realises they are just playing for points.
>>
>>379391361
But pure stealth games don't get released anymore. To satisfy everyone, there's a stealthy non-lethal, stealthy-lethal and loud playstyle. Nowadays if you're a major publisher, you're not gonna alienate a big part of your potential audience by locking them to one playstyle. It is what it is.
>>
>>379391689
That's just something the suits say while literally everyone else says they want a stealth game like GZ.
>>
>>379391892
But GZ isn't a pure stealth game either.
>>
>>379391361
dishonored is a good game, and is definitely not even trying to be a pure stealth game in the vein of SC
t4hief wasn't

in blacklist, I would 100% dispute your assertion that anything at all is getting in the way of its stealth. Its stealth is fully realized, well balanced, and functions impeccably. It has its own AI routines, it is supported by a host of mechanics completely comparable to SC at any other point of the series, it's polished, and it's satisfying.

Nothing in the game acts in such a way that takes away from the pursuit of a perfect ghost score.
>>
>>379391046
The point system is just like rating system in original quadrology. You get the most points for ghosting.
>>
>>379392030
Dishonored was good, but not good as a stealth game. 2 is an improvement but I still haven't played too much of it. The difficulty scale helps.
I guess the part that grains on me is the action scene where you play as the black guy. That shit isn't okay
>>
>>379389614
>Watching Sam and Grim's constant dad-mom arguments was pretty funny though.
Every time
>Grim is needlessly bitchy and always finds something wrong with Sam's plan
>Sam is a dick who constantly witholds his intentions and rejects any help
That passive aggressiveness, holy shit. Just fuck already.
>>
>>379391892
You can easily shoot your way through GZ.
>>
>>379385880
Neck yourself pls
>>
>>379392831
Stop fishing for replies.
>>
>>379391994
No, it is actually a stealth game. Stealth is by and large the way you are supposed to play. A game isn't stealth focused if going loud is easier then sneaking, like in BL. Getting detected feels like a big deal in GZ. It feels like you are doing something wrong if you get spotted and stay to fight the whole base instead of sneaking away. In BL there is no consequence to anything. You mow down some guards, you just move to the next area via a climbing section and everything is back to normal. The controls in BL are made for cover shooting. The game is best played like that. Sam's movement set is geared for shooting people, while in GZ it's meant for sneaking.
>>
>>379392152
Having to skip through those bloody panther/ghost/faggot screens at the end of each mission was annoying in BL. So much more info was quickly given to you in the rating screen of the original games.
>>
>>379392615
>the stupid FPS sequence in blacklist
This I completely agree with you on.

I feel like both Conviction & Blacklist have fucking misguided genre-break sequences that do nothing but detract from the game they were trying to be.

What the fuck is FPS doing in Black List. Did they just throw that in there in the desperate hope to get the CoD crowd in, back when the CoD crowd was still relevant? If that's the case, they doubly fucked up because it's all the way at the goddamn end of the fucking game, CoD crowd tuned out hours ago.

Same shit with the Iraq levels in Conviction. All of a sudden they completely throw out stealth and try to commit to a full, cover-based shooter. Also, it's a fucking shitty one. Like a really, really bad, really frustrating cover based shooter.

Literally the dumbest shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>379392970
> A game isn't stealth focused if going loud is easier then sneaking, like in BL.
What difficulty are you playing on? Because for me Sam goes down in a few shots and enemies are constantly trying to surround you, making it very hard to play it like a cover shooter.

Blacklist's controls are more centered around a fast, lethal playstyle where you remain undetected, as seen here
https://youtu.be/h8kOCdX2e10
>>
>>379393241
You play in FPS mode as a merc in Spies vs Mercs, right? I think that section was meant to showcase that.
>>
>>379393241

an fps part?

>go to youtube to look it up

gee looks like it was so shit i totally forgot about it
>>
>>379393739
>grabs you by the throat
back the fuck off??!
>>
>>379393540
Yeah sure but you keep that shit to spies and mercs. I'm pretty sure chaos theory had spies and mercs and that didn't make me go into a first person perspective and turn the game into an FPS
>>
There are some things from Conviction that I really liked.

Particularly Sams obsessive need for vengeance - a theme I am a huge fan of. Problem was that no matter how enraged you get, it isn't going to erase your basic morality or personality like conviction did. Sam would not have slaughtered every single person sent against him; he'd have knocked them out and saved the real violence for the ones responsible.

Furthermore, while I am a huge fan of the empowering nature of vengeance, it doesn't suddenly make you 30 years younger. Sam is in his 50s in Conviction, yet he's jumping around and moving like a young man. Chaos Theory and Double Agent did a good job in showing that Sam was aging and slowing down. That isn't just reversed because you are angry.
>>
>>379393335
You could take two bullets before death at max health in CT if you were spotted and hit with non grazing shots. The difference is you don't know you are spotted if you are a retard because there's no "you are being spotted but not quite yet" bar, you will not survive a second encounter unless you find a medicine cabinet, you can't see through walls and there's no mark and execute to win feature.

Killing guards in CT was more fun than aggressive stealth in BL. Mostly because there was no hand holding and getting away with not being shot at all was much more down to how good you were. It was a hard way to play. Mowing through guards is an encouraged option in BL. It's easy and there are many features that are designed help you do it, which is why 20 guards is kid's play in BL and 3 guards is a significant threat in CT. But neutralising those 3 guards and surviving still feels like you did something awesome. Not encouraging the killing and gearing for it made the game better at stealth and those moments where shit went south.
>>
>>379375415
>no one asked for this again
why do they make games no one asked for? is this some kind of new marketing strategy? i see hollywood does it all the time too
>>
>>379395281
People do want a new Splinter Cell, normies are very excited on Twitter about this.
>>
>>379395281
I want it like big tits in my face.
>>
>>379395165
I'm having traumatic flashbacks of the courtyard of Nikoladze's palace from splinter cell 1.
>>
>>379395709
I remember the way I got through that part was by sticky shocking one of the guards right as he passed behind a statue that would hide him from the search light.That gave me enough of a gap to slip through.

Hardest part in the game for me was the last section of Jerusalem in PT. If a single cop spots you it's game over. They're covering each other, and you have to cross a lit up street.
>>
File: sc shield.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sc shield.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>379389656
These big cunts were a massive pain in the ass.
>>
>>379375415
If it's fischer again, no ironsides, no buy.

I'd prefer a new operative honestly.
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.