[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do we stop the open world menace?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: OpenWorldGames.png (18KB, 591x430px) Image search: [Google]
OpenWorldGames.png
18KB, 591x430px
how do we stop the open world menace?
>>
File: boku no everybody fucking dies.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
boku no everybody fucking dies.gif
1MB, 300x225px
I dunno.
Maybe...
STOP FUCKING BUYING THEM?
>>
>>379375327
Will the casual gamer bubble ever burst, Wii did, why doesn't this shit?
>>
there's nothing wrong with open world games
it's the devs fault if they don't know how to make good content spread throughout it.
>>
>>379375327
Open world is next step in game evolution - they are just in baby phase now. Get with the time, gramps. Open world and crafting will be must have for any game in any genre.
>>
>>379375327
When will this meme die?
>tons of open world games made
>some are great, most are shit
>/v/ has an aneurysm and says open world has to die

>tons of FPS games are made
>some are great, most of them shit
>/v/ is calm as a pussycat
we don't have to kill an entire genre just because you don't like it. fuck you, OP
>>
>>379376891
FPS doesn't infiltrate and take over a series like open world does.
>>
>>379375460
>zelda given 10/10 scores across the board
Nothing I can do man, it's copy paste games made for toddlers from here on out.
>>
Open world is the next progression of games problem is the tech and coding is still too much work and its still primitive
>>
>>379375460
What animated Mangolian throat singing musical is this?
>>
>>379377197
Oh please. Every other game these past 5 years has had shooting mechanics shoehorned in there
>>
>>379376891
What are good open world games in your opinion?
>>
File: 1487298569982.jpg (45KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
1487298569982.jpg
45KB, 625x469px
>mfw I like open world games, and I'm part of the problem
>>
There's nothing wrong with open-world, it's just that most of those games are poorly made
>>
Open worlds will become the norm.
You'd best fucking deal with it or get burnt, fag
>>
Dark Souls 1 style Open World is best way to do it.

Areas have a set beginning and end, but are not cut up into levels. They are all connected.

The bad design is just a massive area with no structure. Just bases or towns sprinkled around.
>>
>>379377513
It's the Ideon movie.
It's like if Gundam and Evangelion had a baby.
And that baby was the human race.
>>
>>379377650
>The bad design is just a massive area with no structure.

If you actually believe that you're a fucking retard.
>>
>>379375327
Did Bethesda contribute to another trend in gaming that has ruined it?
>>
>>379377557
anon, even if I answered that, you'd just REEE and say the games I listed are shit and open world is cancer.

oh but wait, let me guess, you're the magical anon who actually listens to other people's opinions without sperging out? yeaaaaahhhh suuuuree
>>
>>379377708
You... are saying a wide open empty field with 4 houses in the middle is a good design?
>>
>>379375327
Why do you still want loading screens?
>>
>>379376439
This, it does work if you do it right.
>>
>>379377771
No, I'm saying a massive area can also have structure. It just requires more work.
>>
>>379375460
>korean stop animation film where an actual child gets his head blown off

wtf Japan
>>
>>379377906
>The bad design is just a massive area with no structure
>with no structure
>no structure
>>
Yeah, how do we stop it?
>>
>>379376891
>tons of FPS games are made
>some are great, most of them shit
>/v/ is calm as a pussycat

Hownewru

Raging over cod clones during the height of their popularity was /v/'s national passtime
>>
Open world games have been a thing for decades. If you weren't an underage faggot you'd know that.
>>
>>379378064
sure but it feels like this fucking open world hate has raged on for way longer than that. you think it'll actually blow over soon?
>>
>>379377751
I can only think of like a couple open world games I've ever played that I liked and even then they are not traditional open world games, stuff like Stalker and early 2D Zelda, I'm just wondering what you actually consider a good open world game and why, particularly if its a more traditional open world game.
>>
File: 1495075869172.png (3KB, 408x240px) Image search: [Google]
1495075869172.png
3KB, 408x240px
>>379377581
>Love open world games.
>Tired of the "Go to X and kill/find/talk to Y" stigma.

Next one I'll probably get is RDR2. I hope the online is good.
>>
>>379378210
most of the open world games I like are not traditional "go to this check mark" games. They're more about natural exploration
>>
How to fix open world games

Take that 200m of empty field between two areas, and throw it the fuck out
>>
>>379376891
Open world takes away quality from a game because the devs inevitably put in extra, unnecessary effort in areas that don't make the game more fun.

FPS has no such qualms because it's simply a viewpoint. If anything it saves effort on third person animations to make a better game.

That said, fps/tps is the best pov
>>
>>379375327
>Mascot Platformers
>Third Person Shooters
>Open World """""""Sandbox"""""""
What do you fags think the next fad is going to be?
>>
>>379378402
So cut your game content? You should work for Kojima
>>
>>379378402
Kill yourself faggot. What would be the point of horses or cars then?
>>
>>379378497
My point was that literally any genre can be great if done well. (Well at least 99% of game genres. some of the weird obscure ones are probably obscure for a reason)
>>
>>379378567
A Mascot Platformer TPS with open world
>>
>>379378773
Shadow the Hedgehog sequel?
>>
>>379378567
the whole "make 2 protagonists for both sexes" thing is sprouting up often now. Not really a bad thing though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.