[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

without spoilers why is this game shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

File: Screenshot_83.png (190KB, 267x335px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_83.png
190KB, 267x335px
without spoilers why is this game shit?
>>
>>379370452
Less content than previous installments. Less combat moves than previous installments.
>>
>>379370452
Much less content than previous entries
Kamurocho (the main district) is the smallest the series has ever seen it, smaller than Yakuza 1's Kamurocho on PS2.
Combat is gutted and borderline Y1 tier, definitely inferior to even Y2 on PS2.
No variety in shops, almost all of them are the same copypasted shop now with ruins immersion, general copypasting for everything really.
Story is terrible and pandering to China due to the series becoming a major hit in China in recent years.
Horrible framerate and resolution on regular PS4 with massive screentearing, on PS4 Pro you can switch between relatively stable 1080p silky smooth 30 FPS and upscaled 4K with same framerate and screentearing issues as playing on regular PS4.
Side content basically non-existant, fuck all minigames too.
It feels like a literal tech demo.
>>
The game doesn't run great, there is a lot less content than previous titles, combat is a step back from 0 and Kiwami.

I sort of expected this to happen. It's a new engine for a new generation of consoles. Yakuza 3 sort of had the same problem too being the first Yakuza game to be exclusive on the PS3 after the PS2.
>>
>>379372859
Combat doesn't seem that bad, tons of heat moves and new moveset. I'm pretty sure harukafags get so triggered they shitpost about this game every chance they get
>>
I seriously hope they retcon the "Kiryu's last game" marketing shit, he deserves better than this
>>
>>379371383
>smaller than Yakuza 1's Kamurocho on PS2.

Nani?
>>
>>379373154
>I'm pretty sure harukafags get so triggered they shitpost about this game every chance they get
>Tainting a totem of innocence to a sudden wedlock plot point is okay because it triggers other people :^)
>>
>>379371383
>>379373426
I'm also confused. I mean, there's a few small areas with nothing of interest going on, but there's no actual reason to cut them off.
>>
What are the chances we'll get Yakuza 1-5 (or since Yakuza Kiwami is a thing then Yakuza 2-5 collection / remasters) on PS4?

I got into the series with Y0 and would really like to play other games but I don't have PS3 (was PC-exclusive player up until current gen).
>>
>>379373836
Kiwami 2 will probably happen, don't know if they'll bother with the PS3 games though. I'm guessin the next game announced will be either Kiwami 2 or Y7
>>
>>379372859
>First Yakuza game on the PS3

That would be Kenzan, and 3 improved a lot of things from it.
>>
>>379371383
Not sure you actually played it with these kinds of comments, but there are problems:
>One generic style and only having Kiryu to play as feels like a big step down from Y0
>Kamurocho is smaller, supposedly because Champion Gai is under renovation or something and you can't get to the northernmost area where West Park is, but Onomichi isn't bad as a 2nd area
>Did you not unlock the secret shops? I think it is a downgrade that you can't equip weapons anymore, but it's not like there's nothing there to buy or look for

>Pandering to China? The 2nd in command for the Saiohkai is basically human trash, and the whole plot is about how the Chinese value bloodline at the detriment of all else, and then their headquarters burns down. You call that pandering? What, just because Yuta is technically Chinese?

>The screen-tearing and framerate on base PS4 is indeed god awful

>Again, what? There's maybe less minigames than Zero, but in total you have:
>Arcades, including Virtua Fighter 5 and Puyo Puyo
>Darts
>Karaoke
>Mahjang
>Webcam Chat
>Clan Creator (Kiryu-kai)
>Baseball Team & the usual Batting Cages
>Gym workouts
>Hanging out at the pub in Onomichi (with conversation minigame)
>Hostess club
>Underwater fishing

Literally an 8/10 for this series my man.
>>
File: urok.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
urok.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
My only issues with it are the performances, and the combat kinda sucks.

Other than that it's a great game.
>>
>>379371383

You're a parrot.
>>
>>379371054
t.cuck haven't played the game
>>
Why is the guy from MXC on the box? Is Kenny Blankenship in the game too
>>
>>379375871

This
>>
>>379375924

I'm amazing how many people shit talking it clearly haven't played it.

Yakuza threads have really gone to absolute shit.
>>
>>379375936
A fair bit of the cast is pretty well-known in Japan (as actor actors), but basically unknown in the West outside of like, Takeshi and maybe Oguri Shun.

The comedian Miyasako Hiroyuki plays a small-time Yakuza guy from Hiroshima who ends up being a main character, and his shot at a Hiroshima dialect is just kind of hilarious.
>>
>>379376083
Shouldn't be a surprise when it is a game with a lot of cutscenes and it is entirely in Japanese. Persona 5 had some of the same problems with commenters criticising writing and other aspects with only a cursory understanding of what the game was even about.
>>
I'm waiting on the game to arrive but from what I've seen the performance is pretty bad. Outside of that though it looks great.
>>
>>379371383
Yeah but do the other games have Anri Okita?
>>
File: no snacks in the house.jpg (146KB, 682x1082px) Image search: [Google]
no snacks in the house.jpg
146KB, 682x1082px
>still no HD releases of 1&2
>no 3 on PSN Store
>still no physical copy of 5
>still no Ishin
>>
>>379375674
lrn2greenpost
>>
>>379375674
where's Pocket Circuit?
>>
File: NOW IN HD.gif (2MB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
NOW IN HD.gif
2MB, 350x350px
The entire bit where you storm the Millennium Tower would have been a god tier scene for the series if your team was Majima, Saejima, Akiyama and maybe even Shinada
The story feels so fucking jarring for being a continuation on 5's cliffhanger while having little to do with past characters and story
>>
>>379376616
There's no Pocket Circuit in 6 because that was an 80s thing, but you get the opportunity to mention in to hostesses in conversation.

Also, you get a sub-story in Hiroshima after meeting Pocket Fighter there (he mentioned in Zero that his family ran a tofu shop, he went back to run the place). He since got married and has a kid, but gets scolded by his wife a lot. In the end, Kiryu helps him remember the energy he had when they played Pocket Circuit together, and after beating up some thugs in front of the son, Pocket Fighter and the son go off to play Pocket Circuit. After this, you can use Pocket Fighter in Clan Creator, and he has a useful ability.

But no, sadly you cannot do the actual racing.
>>
>>379376746
It's kind of atrocious how little Majima and Saejima there is in 6. They show up once at the beginning and Saejima goes back to jail, and then again at the very end when Daigo gets out of jail. The only returning characters that actually matter for more than 5 minutes are Akiyama and Date, and even Akiyama feels kind of flaccid because it's like they keep coming with reasons for why he can't be involved in what you're doing.
>>
>>379376613
Point is, most of those claims aside from the technical performance are ridiculous.
>>
>>379371383

stale bait
>>
>>379375674
Secret shop has been since the first game retard, no need to pretend having less features is a good thing, same for having a smaller map and butchered story.
As for mini-games, he probably meant they are simply just worse, especially the old ones.
New arcade games are nice and the new mini games are pretty basic and are just there for grinding and unlocking few sub-stories.
>>
>>379376776
at least fighter had a good life. i loved that guy in zero
>>
>>379371383
>Side content basically non-existant, fuck all minigames too.

It has about the same amount as Zero, what is this bullshit?
>>
>>379376150
Most of those complaints are actually taken from japanese forums, RGG6 did very poorly in japan and after a month you could have bought the game for 50% off because it was so much worse.
The only thing the game was praised for were the cinematic cutscenes, rest was just downgrade compared to previous titles.
>>
>>379377538

I'd like source for these claims.
>>
>Kiwami 2 comes out
>it has Yakuza 6's gameplay
How do you feel?
>>
>>379377628

If the framerate is fixed, that would be okay.
>>
>>379377532
How does it have the same amount of content when I beat 0 at 88% competition in over 80 hours and beat 6 with 91% competition in 46 hours?
As a bonus I could mention that I have even bigger play time in Kiwami and have still more content left then in 6.
>>
>>379377667

Because you didn't have 2 characters to micromanage.
>>
>>379370452
Because it's in a language I don't speak.
>>
>>379377590
Then go to japanese forum and find any thread after a week of the game release, you have all the discussion here.
>>
>>379377667
>then in 6

nice grammar

also stop lying
>>
>>379371383
>Story is terrible and pandering to China due to the series becoming a major hit in China in recent years.

The fuck are you on? They don't even localise the games in fucking Chinese, Asia versions comes with a 200pages booklet that explains EVERYTHING in Chinese.

Are chinks that retarded an needy that a game they barely understand is a major hit?
>>
>>379377758

>no source

wew lad
>>
>>379377772
Sorry I'm not a native english speaker, could you write that correctly so I could know in the future?
Also I'm not lying, I'm just discussing the game which didn't meet the expectations of many people.
>>
>>379377825
Here I will spoonfeed you because you are too retarded to type a name of the game
https://www.logsoku.com/r/2ch.sc/famicom/1481558961/
>>
I'd really like to play the Yakuza 2, but not feeling up to taking out a PS2 and getting it there. Why was there never a western release of Yakuza 2 on the PS3-4?
>>
>>379378546
No, only japanese version.
You may emulate the game or even just play jap version with english guide.
Or just don't be so lazy and play it on PS2.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.