[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

God Of War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: God Of War.jpg (148KB, 422x500px) Image search: [Google]
God Of War.jpg
148KB, 422x500px
What does /v/ think about the God Of War series?
>>
It's not Ape Escape.
>>
>>379367841
Shitty QTE fest.
>>
3 > 2 > 1
>>
It's good. Happy to see the new one, I'm over the hack and slash shit.
>>
>>379367841
Cuck The Videogame
>>
It's full of toxic masculinity which makes me uncomfortable
>>
>>379367841
1 is the best 2 is good, and 3 is too much of the same shit, now with 50% more cutscenes.
>>379368173
No you aren't
>>
File: 1472481623842.jpg (17KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1472481623842.jpg
17KB, 250x300px
>>379367841
I love all of them, except Ascencion.
I think the new one will be shit.
>>
>>379368098
wrong
>>
2>GoS>>>>all
>>
>>379367841
Great looking at the time. Fun to play. Good use of camera work to set a massive scale with the levels/titans. Good ost. Barely any filler shit, just straight into the action with a no nonsense MC.

8/10 series, I really enjoyed those games.
>>
>>379367841
It's fun. The highest difficulties are very satisfying to get through.
>>
I got PS3 just for GoW 3 , i don't regret it.
I still haven't played ascension though
>>
>>379368098
2 > 3 > 1
>>
>>379367841
Good games
The series has the best protagonist in an action game so far, just a really angry asshole.
>>
i think the QTEs were some of the best part. i always love seeing unique reaction commands like in kingdom hearts 2 also.

i still haven't beaten 1 or 2. i'm stuck somewhere on those, but i beat 3 and acsension. i thought they were all good
>>
>>379367841
Ascension is probably the only one I haven't finished, and I can't honestly pinpoint why.
>>
>>379369608
Lol. I've been all of them EXCEPT for 3 and ascension.
>>
>>379367841
I love GOW2&3. 1 isn't bad but I think the other two are much better. GOW3 is my favourite just because it's the most combat focused and its boss fights are nuts. GOW2 is also amazing and I appreciate its longer length (that's what she said), variety of environments, puzzles and just generally its grander/epic scale.

The other ones I haven't played and/or don't care for. Dropped Ascension, whatever.

I hate what they've done to GOW4 and am gonna be skipping that pile of shit.
>>
2=3>1
2 and 3 are slightly better than 1. I mean 1 is still pretty awesome. And hard as balls, if you want some challenge.
>>
>>379369608
GOW actually did QTEs right. It's basically like a reward fatality you get after doing damage with real gameplay. It also transitions the boss fights to their next phases.
>>
I dropped the first game at the crate puzzle.
>>
>>379367841
Inferior combat to most other reputable action games but still does a good job of making you feel like a demi-god

>>379369079
This
>>
>>379367841
A great series that overstayed it's welcome.
>>
>>379367841
well it's been a long time, so my opinion now would be very different from then probably, would need to replay

I think one of the things I hated was the lack of camera control and how the game plays with that limitation, like hide a chest in a room that you can only see if you go in the corner of it or something

never liked QTEs and now that would seriously ruin a game for me

I think I played all 5 but don't remember them aside from the main 1-2-3
>>
>>379369883
Especially with the challenges in GoW 1 where you HAVE to beat it from beginning to end. Exiting the mode will have you starting from scratch.
>>
>>379368098
Agreed.
>>
>>379368569
2 > 3 > Ghost of Sparta > 1 > Chains of Olympus > Ascension
>>
>>379370129
the QTEs were fucking awesome
>>
It's pretty alright, but the series really didn't warrant getting this many fucking games.
>>
>>379370129
What's the problem with GoW QTEs? I mean, you have to fight a boss in a normal way, but then then instead of some shitty video, you get QTE with some nice fatality. Is that a bad thing?
>>
>>379367841
too easy
>>
>>379368098
Make some noise
>>
File: 1439582063589.jpg (16KB, 278x211px) Image search: [Google]
1439582063589.jpg
16KB, 278x211px
>>379369883
>Always sucked at button mashing fast
>mfw the QTEs in 1
I swear, it requires you to mash it three times faster than the all the other games.
>>
>>379370462
Yup. Feeding that minotaur with your sword is tough.
>>
I'm a bit concerned about God of War 4.
They went out of their way last year to say it wouldn't be open world, but now apparently they've been forced to add open world elements to it. Unless there's some misinformation at play here, how the hell do you even work with such a drastic change mid-development.
>>
What was so bad about Ascescion?

Haven't played it but everything I saw about the game looked amazing, yet everyone here absolutely shits on it.
>>
>>379370825
its literally the same shit as the other 3. i played it and beat it. people nitpick about dumb shit here so thats why good games are sometimes seen bad.
>>
>>379370825
Not bad
the online was fun
>>
>>379370825
Story is kinda strange and absolutely every enemy is a fucking bullet sponge.
>>
>>379370373
as I said it's been a long time but for the same reason QTE sucks in any game

>button mashing
>timing button presses
>not intuitive buttons to press, I mean, you know square attacks, you press that button to attack, but in a QTE it will require you to press "random" buttons, like pres L1 now, rotate the right joystick now etc.

I don't fucking know how to explain it, I'm not good at arguing, it's just the opposite of fun, it's annoying, it sucks to do
>>
>>379370963
>bullet
I thought the new god of war was the last of us clone, do we get guns in ascension?
>>
>>379370758
I mean, it'd be pretty simple to turn aLink to the Past to an open world game for example. Some games are *almost* open world
>>
How does the difficulty compare to Devil May Cry?

Devil May Cry 1 is really fun, but the bosses can be really annoyingly hard.
>>
>>379370825
The pacing is terrible but the bosses are excellent. It constantly stops the game to give you bullshit cutscenes and backstory you don't care about.
>>
>>379371036
not him but i disagree. they give you random buttons because you are supposed to time them, and it isn't hard to do. they are definitely fun and great with fanservice. i really hate how this is a persons opinion, like how can you be like this.
>>
>>379367841
Didn't this shit collection include the psp games but only on a digital download code when previously they made an HD collection for the psp games on disc?

Seriously what is with this fucking jewy industry? It stupefies me.
>>
>>379371092
I breezed through all the GoW games playing on normal difficulty. I dunno if people saying it's tough just suck or played on hard mode first.

Final boss of 1 is frustrating, and there's a couple annoying bits of platforming or whatever. But I found them to be typical AAA game difficulty.
>>
>>379371068
That was a metaphor. They're fat as fuck and absolutely no fun to fught.
>>
File: God of War II NTSC Cover art.jpg (446KB, 1280x1625px) Image search: [Google]
God of War II NTSC Cover art.jpg
446KB, 1280x1625px
Despite not having as much depth as some other action games (DMC3, NG2, etc) the series combat actually manages to be quite good and very unique (GoW2 in particular) due to it's large focus on grabs, stuns, set ups and spacing. One of the most interesting aspects of the combat in GoW1 and 2 are the "collisions" caused by throwing one enemy into another, which deal higher damage the higher the difficulty is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXl4ROSScrs

The problem with the series is that it quite easy even on very hard, but that can be worked around with challenge runs, specifically no upgrade runs.
As far as visuals and music is concerned, it is miles above any other action game.

I quite like the series and think it is pretty underated in some ways. I also think it generally did QTEs better than any other game I played, altough it could stand to have less of them.

2 > 1 > 3 > GoS > CoO > A
>>
File: PTSD.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PTSD.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>379371771

Fighting the fake Kratoses on hard was the fucking worst. I had to give that up.
>>
>>379373264
Best part of the game. That fucking music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oan0soz7d5k
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.