[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bullshit in games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9860.jpg (685KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9860.jpg
685KB, 1920x1080px
>The Last of Us
>sniper section where you're forced to run through a neighborhood to flank an enemy sniper while being ambushed by hunters hiding in houses, you're not allowed to just counter-sniper the sniper
>the enemy sniper is just a floating sniper rifle asset if you zoom in on it, there is no human being holding the rifle
>this is allowed
>this completely breaks any immersion
>people still call this game of the year
Why?
>>
>>379364607
Paid reviews and most people not actually caring about details
>>
>>379364607
my peenus weenus
>>
>>379364607
Reminds me of the sniper sections in Half-Life, except they were shooting range targets hidden behind a camouflage net and could actually be killed.
>>
>>379364607
I got mad at this too when I played it, I don't get why this ended up being in the game
There's no way playtesters didn't complain about this unless they were braindead mongoloids, that kind of shit is not fun at all
>>
>>379365536
But playtesters are mongoloids
Remember that guy working for valve?
>>
>>379365642
Explain?
>>
>>379365536
> "Play testers... ... Brain dead mongoloids"

Yeah.. uh.. are you new to video games?
>>
>>379364607
Are you certain there isn't just a character model that moves away when you aim in that general direction?
>>
>>379365686
For HL2 they changed a part of a maze level because one player kept taking the same path that lead right back to the start. Not once did the player think to pick a different path.
>>
File: hl2 playtesters.jpg (262KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hl2 playtesters.jpg
262KB, 1280x1024px
>>379365686
>>
It's art.
>>
>>379365642
Oh yeah
Well, case closed
>>
>>379365795
Also didn't the playtester give a reply to this sometime later on like redit?
>>
This really reeks of both Half-life games. It kinda made sense there: the point - like with so many concepts of HL games - was to teach players new sets of mechanics and break up the potential boredom and repetition otherwise common to non-arcade-y shooters.
In a game that attempts so hard to focus on a sense of believable settings it feels much more off though. It's like:
>"yeah, so we thought those sniper segments in both HL games were cool and we wanted to introduce them here, what do you think?"
>"But it does not make sense in the context of previous gameplay or the tone of the game!" >"You are fired."

>>379365782
>>379365795
Valve over-playtests. Sometimes it's for the benefit of the game, sometimes not. The problem with this particular level was not the complexity itself (they kept a very similar level design in On The Rails of the first HL games), but rather the fact that this section required the player to act under stress, as the whole segment was part of a chase sequence. The argument was that if it's possible to get looped, the chase sequence can potentially become endless, which really takes out the damn thrill of it. They really weren't actually wrong on this call: unlike many other similar decisions they have made later in Portal 2.
They still did keep in the dead end junction where just choosing the wrong direction leads to your death. Having a looped path in a chase sequence really isn't a smart decision.
>>
File: IMG_9722.jpg (12KB, 179x155px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9722.jpg
12KB, 179x155px
>>379365742
I'm certain. I tried to get an angle on the "enemy sniper" from multiple different buildings and elevations. I had the hunting rifle with the scope upgrade, and later on when you get up in the house and there's a QUICKTIME EVENT WHERE YOU MASH A BUTTON TO STAB THE ENEMY SNIPER WOW you later get on his sniper rifle and find he has the exact same scope as you. It's just pure laziness.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.