[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get good? I keep losing in the bot matches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg?t=1494984004.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1494984004.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
How do I get good? I keep losing in the bot matches
>>
by playing.
>>
>>379359725
OK, any tips for Sniper. He's slow as fuck and i keep getting stunned
>>
>>379359509
Gonna take you awhile to understand all the nuances.

Start by learning how to last hit and dent effectively.

>>379359754
Sniper is by design a hero that is super fragile, low HP which means he can be killed easily and quickly. That's his main weakness. But his weakness is offset by the fact that he has a huge attack range, which means he can attack from very far away. And not only that, he has good damage and a fast attack speed, he can year down enemies before they can even get to him.

So the trick with sniper is you need to be very good at positioning. Keeping him far away enough that he won't get stunned/blown up by the enemy team but close enough that he can be an effective fighter. Sniper is all about positioning and keeping your enemies at bay.
>>
>>379359754
Buy a black king bar, shadow blade and get better positioning, wards also help you not getting caught out, phase boots also help you escape
>>
>>379359509
Watch commentated games, like purgegamers. You need to understand the rationale behind decisions. Positional awareness and lane control, map awareness and objectives, opponents' skills and combos. After a while, you'll be able to watch random games without commentaries (you may try that even now, but some actions could be hard to justify when you don't know the game very well).
>>
>>379359754
shadowblade/hurricane pike

mostly about positioning though
>>
why is everyone all like "yeah! learn the game on a core!"

I mean, in bot matches it's all well and good, but what about when he wants to play with others??

play support dude. it forces you to learn the important stuff, especially with all the recent changes.

if you look up ward locations and figure out your kit beforehand, there's no reason you can't start playing with others if you can figure out how to not feed.
>>
>>379361225
hes going to be playing with other new players/shitters/smurfs
>>
>>379359509
DROP YOUR STICK
>>
>>379359754
Phase boots, and then shadow blade or hurricane pike.
But yeah, sniper is more about positioning than anything. You should be waaaay in the back line.

It'll be hard until you get a feel for when to go in and when to fall back, but that just comes with time
>>
File: 1481945141532.jpg (33KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1481945141532.jpg
33KB, 720x706px
Which hero do you hate laning with?

I can never do well with spectre. We always end up losing our fucking lane.
>>
>>379361605
>Wasting 3k gold on an item that's countered with 180 gold
Why do people do this?
>>
File: 1496785592414.png (8KB, 313x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496785592414.png
8KB, 313x310px
>>379361720
techies
>>
>>379359509
Just play. Also stop doing bot matches because they're a waste of time, play real games instead.
>>
>>379359509
Honestly, pick a better game.
Dota is objectively shit and you won't get your time's worth from it.
The bulk of playerbase being russian, chinese and pinoy should have told you something.
>>
>>379359754
positioning + shrapnel's zoning should keep you safe along with your range.

lance into pike also is naturally built on him.
>>
>>379361774
Because not everyone will have dust on them all the time, if they do then you're wasting 5 item slots on the enemy team which is worth the cost of the item on its own, and you can use it offensively to blow up lone supports

>trying to talk about games you don't understand
Why do people do this?
>>
>>379362902
I remember using clinkz once and making enemies' pos 4 and 5 spend their net worth on sents.

Worth.
>>
>>379361774
1) Don't use it as a hard escape. Use it for bonus first-strike damage, increased base damage, and increased attack speed.
2) Movement speed bonus can allow you to pace, chase, or retreat faster if you're out of dust range. Check for dust before activating it so you dont get tagged with the movement speed debuff.
3) It can allow you to sneak up on unexpecting, weak supports if you have enough vision to know they're alone, or get into position for a snipe.
4) sometimes a blink dagger is better, especially if you're behind in farm.
>>
>>379363083
Oh, and it upgrades into silver edge, allowing you to tango with heroes you can't normally touch like bristleback (who can be dangerous to shoot at in a teamfight without murdering any melee attackers in range, abaddons (if they're bad), or that particularly annoying tidehunter who just won't fucking go down because of his bonus passive armor. Silver edge, unlike shadow blade, has a wide variety of uses and can turn a teamfight around very effectively when the phantom assassin who has decided to build the retarded "LOL WHO NEEDS SURVIVAL ITEMS" desolator build and suddenly can't survive because both her passive evasion and her crit damage are suddenly gone.
>>
>>379363237
>>379363083
>it works against retards

gee, thanks for the advice
>>
>>379363301
>I was wrong: the post
>>
>>379363301
if you can't beat bots the above advice is relevant to him if he ever decided to play against real ""people"".
>>
>>379362713
Yeah why waste your time on that ruskie-infested trash when you could be playing all-american games like CoD or Halo
>>
>>379363301
It works against everybody if you're not retarded yourself, it just works BETTER against retards. The majority of carries rely on their passives to survive, a troll warlord without his bash is an easy target. It's a decent situational buy, it's just going to depend heavily on your role that game and the enemy lineup.
>>
>>379362902
don't forget that shadowblade gives more than just the invis.
>>
>>379363497
see
>>379363083
and >>379363237
>>
>>379363497
The people who forget that shadow blade does other things besides LOL NINJA VANISH are the same ones who think shadow fiend is a melee carry because he has an aura and a damage bonus.
>>
>>379363439
Or you know, you could just play starcraft, where actually your skill matters.
>>
>>379363604
>>379363604
You're one of those guys who gets 'ez game'd a lot, aren't you?
>>
>>379363301
From what I remember, Silver Edge has become really popular at high mmr, at least on pos 3 and up, because Break is broken as hell and has been since its introduction.

I also remember good Windranger players getting it in pro games for the strong initiation, for example against split-pushers. Really, invisibility is underrated because people keep thinking of it as some escape tool when it's almost always awful at it.
>>
>>379363604
lol
>>
>that friend who buys shadowblade every time he plays
>that friend who plays a roamer but never leaves his lane and takes last hit from hard carries
>that friend who only follows the pre-listed item builds
>that friend who only plays 1-2 heroes and for some ungodly reason absolutely refuses to learn about other heroes in the game
>that friend who gets mad because he charged straight into 5 people while the rest of the team is half way across the map
>that friend who lowers your game to normal level every time you play with him
>>
>>379363827
I'm not exactly high MMR, I'm 4.3k but I'm well aware that shadow blade and silver edge have their uses. It is a bad and unreliable escape though, as I noted before.
>>
>>379363531
yes, i always do the same mistake, i instantly post to a single post and only after read what has been said after that said post i'm replying to.
>>379363598
true, same people also shit on items/heroes randomly just because they don't know how/when to use the heroes/items.

does anyone remember which ranged hero people built battlefury on back in dota 1?
i'm not 100% sure of this but i have a weird memory about it being done on someone like medusa.
>inb4 hurr durr battlefury cleave goes to waste
>>
File: 1472446346642.jpg (36KB, 452x682px) Image search: [Google]
1472446346642.jpg
36KB, 452x682px
stay in fog as much as possible.
>>
Did Veno get buffed or something? I don't remember plague wards being as strong as they were last match. Not complaining, it destroyed towers.

The 3x health/damage on those things is also really damn good.
>>
File: 1471283886409.png (294KB, 935x352px) Image search: [Google]
1471283886409.png
294KB, 935x352px
>>379359509
Do the all hero challenge. click on your name in the game and go to the all hero tab and play all the heroes in that order. You will learn how each hero is played and also know what to expect when playing against them. Also you can earn a neat badge for your profile once you've completed the challenge.
>>
>>379363604
Or I could play Dota in which skill also matters and which really doesn't have that much in common with Starcraft on more than a shallow level.

I haven't even played Dota since 7.00 came out but you people who keep trotting out SC are obnoxious.

>>379363080
I played a pos 5 Rubick once against a Slark and I spent all my net worth on vision. It was actually pretty fun.
>>
>>379364636
veno's poison sting got a buff and his/her agi gain was buffed iirc
>>
>>379364675
Yeah, it's not too bad esp if you get kills from it.

It sucks when it gets dewarded or it doesn't translate to kills or your carry dies anyway.
>>
After 100-200 ranked games if you have plateau'd then you are where you belong.

2-4k is the easiest shit to climb out of I could spam roaming support pudge or bh and still carry the vast majority of my games on my smurf. Hell if you focus on just not feeding you will hit 4k guaranteed, even if your mechanics are garbage
>>
>>379359754
Play hots instead. It's better games are shorter and you don't have to farm creeps for half the game
>>
>>379364487
>expecting newshitters to know how to abuse fog and elevation
>>
Uninstalling Dota 2 is the only way to get good.
>>
>>379365395
honestly, why not? a lot of people have played games like c&c or wc3 where fog is a thing.
elevation as far as miss chance goes might be a whole other thing though
>>
Buy wards
>>
>>379359509
>>379359725
don't play assfaggots
you're welcome OP
>>
>>379363604
>>379363664
>>379363439
>>379362713
team
fortress
two
>>
epicenter starts in 25 minutes
watch the games that are played
take note of what the players are doing that you don't do
>>
>>379359509
You play since the w3 days not missing 1 patch, no way to get good otherwise
>>
>>379359509
>>379359509
sadly, the best way to get good, i hear, is by WATCHING other people play dota 2. as in, spend hours watching other people play the game. i haven't done it, and im still pretty shitty.
i hate watching people play video games.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.