[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

runescape thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 82

File: mage of zamorak.png (58KB, 519x142px) Image search: [Google]
mage of zamorak.png
58KB, 519x142px
When did you start playing?

When did you stop?

What did you like to do?

What was your most notable moment?
>>
File: bob.png (49KB, 496x121px) Image search: [Google]
bob.png
49KB, 496x121px
>>379356238
>2006ish, may have been substantially earlier though. Memory isn't too good.
>Wavered after the 2007 updates but pressed on and didn't fully stop until around 2011 when I realized I wasn't even playing anymore.
>Chop trees and play Trouble Brewing which was almost dead on the main world even then so god knows how dead it must be today
>Getting the Quest Cape back after Nomad made me his bitch for several months, since I had a fairly low combat level not much above the requirement for Dream Mentor.
It was a fun game. Kinda miss it but it's totally different now and OSRS seems to be doing pretty much the same thing since the poll voters seem to just want 2010scape sans Summoning.
>>
>>379356238
2007. Stopped in 2011. Came back this year for osrs but haven't played much. I had a maxed range tank at 103 cb. 99 def, range, hp and mage. I guess getting 99 hp on him was my most notable moment. Clan wars was the shit too. I'll never forget it
>>
...........when I got banned like 10 minutes ago for wearing desert robes lmao
>>
>>379356870
>shit that never happened
>>
>>379356238
>start
2001 about
>stop
before 2005

Why the fuck are people still playing this shit?
>>
File: image.png (379KB, 768x525px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379KB, 768x525px
>>379356238
>most notable moment
>>
>>379356912
swear to god m90. Don't believe me? try it yourself
>>
>>379356238
Never played, always felt like I missed out on something great
>>
>OSRS is just 2012 RuneScape with 07 graphics now
what's the point?
>>
>>379347032
I hate OW and Battleshit. Paladins is fucking garbage too. I'd love to see all three burn but sadly only one is.
>>
>>379357282
This. Osrs is so fucking disappointing, all thanks to the fucking retarded reddit tier community. Everybody on that fucking site should be gassed
>>
2007. Did all the F2P stuff aside from leveling up and had no reason to continue. Enjoyed that shit though. Eventually my account got deleted (I think? Didn't exist anymore), made a new one, got bored, stopped entirely.
>>
File: 1471159548112.jpg (255KB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
1471159548112.jpg
255KB, 1280x782px
OP here

>2004-5

>early 2008

>PK with my brother and do quests

>PKing in edgeville and found an abby whip on the floor, picked it up and had someone demand it back when he dropped it before he died to poison
>>379357282
>>379357502
I could never get into OSRS. No matter what, you could not get the old community back and it didn't feel the same.
>>
>>379357150
>I missed out on something great
Biggest waste of time ever

People aren't kidding about Runescape's grind, back in the day maxing a single skill could take months of repeatedly clicking on one object
>>
>>379357638
This whole xp waste shit started by that fucking faggot zarfot makes me want to bang my head against a wall until I pass out
>>
>379356238
>When did you start playing?
2003 or 2004 I believe.
>When did you stop?
Never really stopped I still play it casually from time to time.
>What did you like to do?
Quests and Runecrafting, Runescape in my opinion has hands down some of the best quests in any game and easily the best in any MMO. Simply because many of them have great storylines and are much more complex then "Go collect 10 bear asses" or gather 25 MacGuffins, I've never played an MMO that came even close to the complexity of Runescape quests. Admittedly though some of the quests from very early in the games life from RSC in particular are pretty lame, I think most of those have been remade in RS3 but I have barely touched RS3.
>What was your most notable moment?
I have so many honestly. Probably when I hit 44 runecrafting and was able to start making my own nature runes. I would craft 1000 at a time then go sit in seers village until I found a buyer, would sell them for 350k for 1000. I was so excited when I made enough money to afford Zammy rune.

Second would probably be the underground pass quest as a whole, one of my favorite quests in any game. Replayed it on OSRS a year or two ago and it was just as good as I remember. That quest was also the first time I saw the game when I watched a friend playing it which led to me starting the game.
>>
I liked runescape classic. You had to like chase motherfuckers down and you couldn't run until the person got hit at least 3 times. Fucking intense ass shit. Never did like more than 2 quests even though i played that game for like 7 years. F2p forever. rs2 was aight i guess...
>>
File: forever.jpg (23KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
forever.jpg
23KB, 250x250px
>>379356238
Supposedly 2008, but I could swear it was earlier.
>When did you stop?
When the shitshow that was EoC launched. Came back around 2015 to check out how things were doing and it was mostly downhill. Tried out OS around that time and didn't get into it, gave it another shot a few weeks ago and while it was kind of fun, it wasn't scratching any itches.
Zeah feels like they wanted to make a huge update for the sake of it being huge so they could advertise the game size increasing by 50%, without actually putting effort into having anything neat to do.
Questing and Clan Wars. I want to say a good 90% of my friends list was from clan wars, and it taught me that Aussies are pretty cool people in general. Now 99% of my friends list is [#numbers] because of that name change bullshit.
Got a robin hood hat from TT, later in 3scape a trimmed fury and a regular fury in the same clue. Saw Zezima and Suomi a few times, join a Guthixian cult on w42 for a while.
>>
>>379356238
Probably late 2006/7

>When did you stop?
I quit mostly for good around 2010/11. I log in every now and then though to keep my name though.

Quests and non-combat skills. My highest combat skill was magic at around 96 but it was only that high because I used magic 24/7 and that shit was useful as fuck.

I went to Falador for some reason and heard there was a drop party when I got to the bank. I wandered into the party room and then popped a balloon and got a 3rd age plate body which was selling for around 21 mil at the time. The most money I ever had at once before that was like 3 mil. Besides that, after years of never getting anything good from monster drops and clue scrolls, I did a dust devil slayer task and got 2 D-chains back to back and they were like 5 mil(?) each at the time.

I was pretty much always poor.
>>
>>379357871
holy fuck this
nigga wasn't just the tigole of RS, he converted the majority into tigoles
>>
2004-2006, I think.
>>
Started 2001 in RSC
was in DI for years
first person to own/buy a Torva chestplate
ddosed and lured for years to make a grand total of about 15k US through rwt

still got my maxed acc, quit after the mill started dropping in 2011

feels good man
>>
>>379358361
Zarfot single handedly destroyed the community
>>
tfw RSC days
tfw added The Old Nite
tfw he came online one day
messaged him and he responded back saying what's up
tfw find out he was a father and died a couple years later
tfw this feel will die with me
>>
File: 473.jpg (34KB, 561x674px) Image search: [Google]
473.jpg
34KB, 561x674px
>>379358981
>Zezima has logged on
>to Zezima: Hey
>Zezima has logged off
>>
File: ret it die.jpg (64KB, 349x416px) Image search: [Google]
ret it die.jpg
64KB, 349x416px
>>379357931
I did Underground Pass for the second time not too long ago, and it was just as much suffering as I remember.
>dropping an item for room so that you could shoot the bridge's support with the fire arrow and then being forced to cross the bridge before the support mysteriously regenerates, meaning losing out on a piece of food or something
>rope swing where you can lose your rope and have to either tele out or take five minutes looking for the next rock
>pipe with grating that you can't enter from the rope swing side, grating mysteriously regenerates if you do go through it so fuck you if you didn't fill your inventory with rope
>all those platforms where you could fall off on to spikes, was one thieving level from using the shortcut that might not have actually been a shortcut
>the floor puzzle and the trick of opening house options while running across being fixed
>was only using guides if I couldn't remember/figure out what to do, had to pixel hunt for the bar from the unicorn's cage
>all those platforms where you could fall off into the big hole with only two ways back up
>falling off the walkway one jump away from the next point of progression
>have to read a book for the demons to drop their amulets/pick up a cat/get dorf gloves, no sequence breaking allowed
>that thankfully brief final battle and getting knocked all over the place by red benis lightning
>that underwhelming reward and realization you have to do this shit again for regicide and roving elves
It was terrible and I hated going through it, so maybe it's the ptsd talking when I remember it fondly and wish there was more unforgiving/punishing/not hand-holding content in the game which the average player can still complete (like Haunted Mine and the lair of Tarn Razorlor)
>>
File: 1486940468173.jpg (282KB, 1100x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1486940468173.jpg
282KB, 1100x1066px
>you were in Fallador on 6/6/6
>this was 11 years ago
>>
>>379356238
>Would have been '03, maybe '04.
>August 2007.The month I bought WoW.
>Make money and grind skills. Remember grinding Bowstrings for hours and hours and hours a day.
>Can't honestly say.
>>
>>379356238
started in 2006
stopped around 2012
Some of my best gaming memories have been spent with this game. Archaic as it is, I don't think it'll ever lose its charm.
>>
File: 1432005327360.jpg (64KB, 569x569px) Image search: [Google]
1432005327360.jpg
64KB, 569x569px
fuck these threads and fuck you OP.

no one in these nostalgia fueled shitthreads ever engages in conversations or discussion with anyone that's fruitfuil. Everyone's just reminiscing about their garbage childhood which was so miserable that a java f2p web game with shitty ass graphics and a mediocre leveling system was the highlight.
>>
>>379360065
I can't wait to get outraged about the pride event
>>
>>379356238
jagex added an event specifically for faggots
>>
>>379356870

>i knew what i was doing by implication but still did it
>>
>>379360280
Good for you lol
>>
File: 1490662771411.jpg (48KB, 772x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490662771411.jpg
48KB, 772x300px
>>379362585
>>
File: runescape.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
runescape.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
2006ish

>When did you stop?
It was on and off, but I last played in January.

I loved bank standing/skilling while talking to the local normies that logged on.

When stealing creations became popular, it felt so much more fun than Castle Wars because you had to work your way to the top.
>>
>>379356238
So they added this inferno minigame that's so hard, it took the best PvM player in the game to beat it first, and even he failed a few times. Was it really that good of a decision to add this?
>>
>>379362885
Yes, endgame content should be impossible for anyone that doesn't play the game day in and day out to clear, and it must also require spasmodic twitch clicking to complete compared to the click and wait gameplay of turbonoob content.
>>
>>379362885
It gave the game a lot of publicity so it was a good idea from that perspective. The stats of the cape doesn't really change much of the game outside of being a status item you can't outright buy.
As far as difficulty, I can't really see a way of making challenging content in OSRS without it being like >>379363152 described it. On top of that, having to slog through 1-2 hours of waves just to get a try at the boss fucking sucks.
>>
I haven't stopped and I just maxed out an hour ago. I'm enjoying the 3 perks and max guild teleport ye.
>>
>>379363692
What perks do you enjoy the most/are the most useful?
Asking in case I get the silly idea in my head to go for a 99 or two.
>>
>Legacy Combat only
>no Grand Exchange in later updates
>all content free to players
>resources shifted to encourage jobs in banditry and protection
>Guard mechanics encouraged bandit clans to hide out in high threat areas

I'm surprised that DarkScape never really took off. Part of me wants to blame its dumbass name.
>>
File: mute.png (246KB, 502x749px) Image search: [Google]
mute.png
246KB, 502x749px
>>379356238
how do I check when my account was made? the date on the forums is inaccurate all I know is I have some bans from mid 07

I used a "." in my name and apparently those aren't allowed anymore so it filters out to a space or an underscore. Only 99 I ever got was cooking because I didn't have enough autism to get others
>>
>>379363732
I'm using attack, invention, and ranged. Only to slow down degradation of items and augmented items. You can use the range perk if you want since it's ava's effect.

Depends on what you're doing the def perk is nice but it has an hour cool down.
>>
File: lul.jpg (8KB, 245x206px) Image search: [Google]
lul.jpg
8KB, 245x206px
Some of You Guys are Alright, Don’t go to Falador in your white robes tonight.

t. Mod Wolf
>>
I played 2005 to 2007-2008 ish. Then I picked it up again in 2015 and I now play RS3 for like a month or so at a time whenever the mood takes me.
>>
>>379363984
talk to the guy ingame who walks around lumbridge castle (literally walks in circles round the outside of it, that is).
>>
I remember giving a girl named asianbambi a (emerald ) ring and making her my gf

She said yes, but I can't remember ever talking to her

>if she was even a she
>>
Started around 2000 and stopped at 2004 or 2005. Still log in occasionally for few minutes.
>>
>>379356238
I think around 2006-2007
>When did you stop?
2009 maybe idk

Cyber, grind, scam

Stole some kids account
>>
also,

>be me, sometime in 2007 or 2008
>some guy in lumbridge walks up to me and asks me if I want my personal slave
>say yes, assume he's joking
>another guy approaches me shortly after, asks me what my wishes are or whatever
>call his bluff, tell him to give me 100K cash
>he does it without hesitation

He did some other things too but most of it has slipped from my memory. The original guy that came up and talked to me said he was a hypnotist or something. Kinda creepy now that I look back on it
>>
File: 1447389530597.jpg (86KB, 804x806px) Image search: [Google]
1447389530597.jpg
86KB, 804x806px
>>379364184
>>
whos at the poo bandit event?
>>
who here was /freetoplay/ fag
>>
File: 1496796711819.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496796711819.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>try botting on my account because i was 99% sure i was never going to come back to the game
>get perma banned
>tfw years later i want to try the game out again
>can no longer appeal bans
suffering. guess i deserved it.
>>
>>379365849
don't
play dorf fort or something
>>
>>379365849
RS3 has much more content and the EoC is objectively superior to "muh protection prayers", not to mention there's revolution and legacy mode.
The only downside is the microtransactions, which haven't really changed anything game wise. Yet.
But really, don't.
You don't want runescape, despite the god tier quests.
>>
>>379356238
I quit a few days ago after getting scammed. In my stupidity I fell for one of those noob bait "I'll add 10% to any cash stack" things while sleep deprived.
>>
File: chinese road courtesy.webm (2MB, 720x532px) Image search: [Google]
chinese road courtesy.webm
2MB, 720x532px
>>379356238
>start in 06 because friend played it religiously
>be autistic and make a new account everytime i died
>eventually decide to stop being stupid and just stick with one account
>proceed slow as shit because i had never played grinding games before
>get lvl 72 or so and never ever get past that point
>start mining ores autistically
>bored
>sit in hill giant cave with gnome cannon and cause major shitfights
>09-13 come online once a month at best because RS3 is shit
>oldschool comes out
>get boner
>grind for a month until my oldschool stats equal my regular stats
>do some quests i had never done before, go places i'd never been
>really fucking unexciting so let my membership expire and havent played since late 13 or so
>go look at osrs in late 2014
>faggot streamers and shit turned it into RS3 2.0
>find /v/scape and grind forever
>get depressed because people with lower playtimes have much higher levels
>quit again
used to bot both oldschool and regular runescape a whole shit ton, never got banned
>>
File: BONFIRE LIT.jpg (55KB, 707x509px) Image search: [Google]
BONFIRE LIT.jpg
55KB, 707x509px
>>379356238
>Start
Around 2007.
>End
Earlier this year. I still get the urge to return.
>Liked to do
Eventually after I found mistrust in others and boredom in doing stuff with friends/raids, I just decided to skill up and fish in comfy Karamja.

There was a time I used to just sit at the very end of the wildy and watch others go by. Only one person got a little hostile and they let me be alone anyway.
>Most notable moment
Some perverts lured young me into a furry roleplaying sex party. They didn't say anything except it was a party and they had it in the barn between Lumbridge and Draynor.
>>
>>379367147
>>379366874
Another fun thing I missed on, life is suffering
>>
File: 1490247198931.jpg (86KB, 960x943px) Image search: [Google]
1490247198931.jpg
86KB, 960x943px
>>379356238
Roughly around '08-'09

>When did you stop?
When I got my first month of membership. I played years of F2P in preparation for membership but instead of being blown away I felt bogged down. Falling off of Runescape every now and again didn't help but when I found out my account got permabanned for macroing (idk how) I stopped playing completely. Made 2 other accounts because I felt nostalgic but when I realize I have permanently lost all those seasonal event items, achievements and hours of grinding then I get depressed and give up.

Going to G.E, gathering a party of strangers, tell them to bank all their shit and issue them black~adamant tier equipment (basically why I was broke all the time) and we would do "Wilderness expeditions", so basically go to Wildy and make a huge lap and grind where we can. Made some awesome memories sitting around campfires while we cook and ate and shot at the breeze while running away from the occasional revenant or white dot on the minimap. If we all made it through alive I would tell them to keep the equipment I gave them and I would give them a sizeable reward (usually ~35-50k gps). I spent the rest of my time grinding to earn money for the next expedition.

Basically just being a real-life quest giver was really fun. I haven't played any other MMO yet that has the depth and capacity to allow player interaction on this scale.

Fishing at Karamja was also a blast. Comfy too.

Aside from the above, there was a time when Bounty Hunting servers were a thing and I killed a dude really far up in the Wildy. Nearly shat myself when I got all of his gear.

When I first left Lumbridge was pretty neat. I was scared of getting lost but it was a fun adventure.
>>
>>379367806
Forgot to mention: The reason I told them to bank shit was as a display of trust. I wanted them to trust me so issuing them gear was the only way I'd be able to have them go on the expedition as nobody but noobs would fall for taking their gear into the Wildy.
>>
>>379356238
>when did you start
>when did you stop
today
>what did you like to do
level fishing and slayer, strength pure, comfy house parties
>most notable moment
100%ing all F2P quests as a kid
>>
>>379358253
>21m
>poor

Nigga I never saw more than 500k, and I thought I was rich.
>>
>>379362875
>bank standing
Explain.
>>
File: wtf.png (332KB, 497x409px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
332KB, 497x409px
>log into RS3 to check account creation date
>see this

what the fuck am I riding? literally no recollection of this thing. my last login was 144 days ago
>>
>>379356985
>was there spamming the sit up/push up emotes with other people to make it look like we were giving each other blowjobs
>guy running around dropping desert robe for everyone to wear
Honestly, one of the funniest moments I've had with RuneScape. I played back from 2004-2008 and this tops so many memories of those days.
>>
August 2004
>When did you stop?
Around Fall 2008
Quests, Castle Wars and just hang around and talk, especially in CC with a Naruto themed clan I was in.
Probably finishing Monkey Madness. I'm playing through OSRS and am dreading doing it again along with Underground Pass
>>
>>379365968
Here. Never could get parents to pay and by the time I got a membership card when I got my first job I didn't have time to play/membership wasn't what it was cracked out to be.
>>
File: 1492500622908.jpg (65KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
1492500622908.jpg
65KB, 540x568px
>playing RS
>house phone rings
>connection lost-please wait:
>attempting to re-establish

Simpler times
>>
>>379369216
Worst part about Monkey Madness is that fucking slider puzzle. I don't know how people even do those
>>
>>379369439
there's a method to it, and even autosolvers, but monkey madness's one was especially bullshit because there's two pieces that look almost the exact same.
>>
>>379367412
>>be autistic and make a new account everytime i died
Did the exact same thing. Dude, we could be brothers and shit.

They have a Hardcore Ironman mode which does the same thing. If you die you can only log on long enough to get to the world select screen.

I have the same autistic fixation in Soulsborne games. I like seeing how far I can get before I die. Really fun for headcanon'ing my own game story. Kinda like Sword Art Online.
>>
>>379369439
I think later on they made it where you can pay to just skip it. For like 200k.
>>
>>379369425
>play runescape for 4 hours straight one day
>only stop because the pc shit itself
>mum says it shit itself because i was on it too long
>i believed her
and 4 hours today is like 10 minutes, god help me
>>
File: 1467957126330.jpg (66KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
1467957126330.jpg
66KB, 600x657px
>>379369569
>"anon!"
>"are you playing runescape again?!"
>"that game will give us a virus!"
>>
File: wine-of-zamorak.png (52KB, 455x179px) Image search: [Google]
wine-of-zamorak.png
52KB, 455x179px
Did you fall for it?
I did.
>>
>>379369727
I did, but I managed to escape with the power of bullshit
>>
File: 1469382750807.png (386KB, 667x670px) Image search: [Google]
1469382750807.png
386KB, 667x670px
Falling to the ERP hordes.
>>
Joined in 2009
Quit mostly in 2012 at first, then permanently in 2014
But I still visit /r/2007scape because of the memes are always highest quality
>>
File: 1469411486908.jpg (77KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469411486908.jpg
77KB, 814x500px
>tfw used to join f2p servers and dress up in relatively basic looking gear as well as having a tinderbox/logs/food
>go to the starting points of many of the low level quests
>would roleplay as an Adventurer doing the same quest, often interacting with the noobs
>would pretend to be stuck on a puzzle or lost, and if they provided help or solved it I'd reward them with prizes (not super valuable ones, but things that are valuable to a noob)
>sometimes would pitch camp and sit at a fire along a path that I knew someone would take to the next point in the quest
>would invite them to sit and chat
>tfw probably gave out hundreds of thousands of coins in total
>tfw enjoyed every second of adding character to the world, as autistic as it was
>tfw I was a dark souls character in fucking runescape
>>
>>379370790
You're a good guy anon
>>
>when did you start playing?
when i was like 12 or something. maybe 2007
>When did you stop?
2010 i think. dont know why. just stopped. got other games to play
i was a free user 90% of the time, but I loved questing and general exploration. holy shit i was so in love with the game.
gold mining, little bit of pvp, archery and the like
dont remember the name, but the quest where you had to go to the haunted mansion. it was simple, but i liked it. also the easter event back in like 2009. i still have the 0 dmg carrot weapon

also i made 100k on a ftp server alone, seemed like a lot back then
>>
>>379358228
Classic was the definitive version.

-Dueling/staking anywhere by right clicking and requesting a duel.
-3 hit thing
-Aesthetics were on point
-Most comfortable 2d artstyle ever
-Simple, no shitty skills like farming
-All the quest text was worth reading due to the limited amount of quests
>>
>2004
>2007
>>
october 2001
>implying i stopped
>>
>>379370790
how did you even do that?
>>
>>379370790
I did something similiar but not to that extent.

you are a good dude
>>
>>379364184
OSRS

RS3 is absolutely disgusting, holds your hand to 99 everything, and is full of microtransactions.
>>
>2005
>playing with older neighbor
>pretending to be 18 yr old guy
>Meet some chick she wants to be my rp bf
>We chat it up takes me back to her in game house(it was just an npc house)
>we talk for a bit
>my neighbor takes the key board and types out I'm actually an 8 year old boy
>Get bummed out because I enjoyed role playing
>played on and off till EOC came out
>>
I'm looking for a game that polls every content update that goes in the game and requires a super majority to pass and get in while the developers don't shoehorn in political messages because muh escapism does anyone know a good game for me?
>>
>>379356238
Original RS
>When did you stop?
Chat on IRC. The game sucked for the most part.
Went on a PK trip with my clan and destroyed some other people on their PK trip. Either that or it was an organised war. I can't remember.
>>
File: a qpcape.png (165KB, 661x405px) Image search: [Google]
a qpcape.png
165KB, 661x405px
>>379356238
Started playing in classic, around 2002 or 2003 I guess

Stopped when EoC hit, started playing again when OSRS was released, stopped playing again when I completed all the quests

Honestly the only reasons I played Runescape in the first place were the quests, they gave the grinding at least some kind of a goal. Treasure trails were pretty fun too, as they were like mini quests.

Getting quest cape in OSRS was nice, I got it faster than my friends too.
Most memorable moments were in ~2005 though when I was a clueless newbie and the RS world felt bigger than the real world.
>>
>>379356564
2004-2010/11
I mainly just leveled all my skills, loved talking to people when I was fishing/mining/farming flax/wcing. Met a lot of good people that I had fun with. We even gayed it up at one point and had this whole RP bullshit go on. Honestly wish I could go back, but I know it's completely different now and I don't think I would even enjoy playing on an oldschool private server. I remember playing on the /v/scape server for a while but there were only like 30 people at a time. Also fuck you Froggy.
>>
File: 1480705943794.png (331KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
1480705943794.png
331KB, 600x431px
>>379371206
It was the sort of thing that people would genuinely call autism.
Shield of Arrav was the most popular one I did since I figured a lot of people in the game probably didn't know how to approach people for *that part*

>Go to varrock, wear leather armour for the most part
>Hang out near Charlie the Tramp
>Act like I'm lost
>Ask people doing the quest if they know where I can find the rune shop, since my "hideout" is near there but I keep forgetting where it is
>If they tell/show me, I add them and message them saying "if you ever need anything shady, your phoenix gang buddy is here to help!"
>When they messaged about the key, I'd meet with them and roleplay about being too loyal to the gang to ever give it up
>Mid sentence I'd drop it
>Would keep talking about my integrity and loyalty long enough for them to be able to see the key on the floor post-drop
>Would then "freak out" when they grabbed it and curse myself for being so clumsy
>>
File: 1487784134439.jpg (96KB, 533x697px) Image search: [Google]
1487784134439.jpg
96KB, 533x697px
>>379371584
What the fuck anon
>>
File: 1473146030313.jpg (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473146030313.jpg
15KB, 400x400px
>>379371820
I used to spend literally hours at Draynor Mansion, waiting for a noob to come walking up to do the Vampire Slayer quest.
I'd run out as they walked up the path, acting severely spooked, and would hand them my hammer, garlic and beer in a trade before fleeing "for my life."

I don't know why I found so much fun in acting like an NPC.
>>
>>379371985
that's cute, anon
>>
>>379371985
Did you have fun doing it, anon? Cause that's all that matters. And I bet you made some people happy too.
>>
>>379372181
It's the only reason I kept playing the game.

I used to drop piles of 10k-not that much money in the grand scheme of things but it's a fucking lottery win for a new player-in places full of noobs and would act like a bumbling businessman who spilled his change.

Anything from:

>Knight who's lost his sword
>Chef who needs some eggs
>Lost knight/priest/noble/needing escorted to a town or road
>Foolish thief with the guards on his tail who needs to offload some "stolen" gems and stuff to someone before running away

I always wished I'd come across stuff like that so I figured I'd provide it.
>>
>>379356985
When did that happen, date wise?

I just saw Jim's video on this.

t. non-runescape fag
>>
>>379372431
yesterday or the day before.
>>
>>379372716
So the shitstorm still stronk?

Wanna bask it its glory and take turns on shitty publishers/devs
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz_hMPF0GWA

/ourguy/
>>
>>379373064
>find metokur video on /v/ before youtube emails me
thanks utube xD
>>
>>379363759
Runescape's success was a fluke and the guys who caused that fluke are gone so now we're left with a shitty company.
>>
why does everyone hate the grand exchange? give me one good solid reason for being against it
>>
>>379373484
Killing any and all need to talk to other players.
>>
>>379360065

>Animefag
>>
>>379356238
>2008
>2010, I did try to play it again several times later in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, but the game just sucked way too much by then
>Doing Fist of Guthix. Leveling my skills. Completing quests.
>Saved Varrock from complete destruction
>>
File: varrock west bank.png (124KB, 521x343px) Image search: [Google]
varrock west bank.png
124KB, 521x343px
>>379373556
>implying this is a bad thing

you unironically enjoy reading through all these to find a deal?
>>
Someone give a quick rundown on this trolling attempt, reminds me of the good old days.
>>
>>379373720
>trolling attempt, reminds me of the good old days
could you be literally any more obnoxious you newfag
>>
started playing classic in 2003. Stopped around 2005.
I started to play OSRS again like 1 month ago and im loving it, this game is fun as fuck. Been doing slayer and combat mostly
>>
>>379373764

>newfag

lol what?
>>
File: osrs.jpg (1MB, 4044x1938px) Image search: [Google]
osrs.jpg
1MB, 4044x1938px
>>379356985
>>
>>379373692
>Why is turning an MMO into a single player experience a bad thing?
>>
>>379373840
>not having chat on private at all time

It's like you're some kind of casual who spends time chatting rather than grinding
>>
>>379373835
>legitimately annoying thing happens
>reddit overreacts so hard that you don't even want to associate with the negative side any more
Holy shit I'm at the point where I want them to go through with the event purely because it'll drive reddit insane.
>>
>>379372341
You're a saint senpai
>>
>>379373963

That entire pic looks like /v/'s reaction to any bad game though.
>>
>>379374120
makes you think, doesn't it
>>
>>379356238
Played it when I was in like Year 4-5, so 2005-2006 I reckon. I remember spending most of my time killing unicorns and barbarians and cooking meat pies.

My best moment was probably once I was following a friend into Varrock until I spotted another player getting killed by those wizards that hang out by that rock circle near the entrance. I went over to see what he dropped and it was an insane amount of money for me at the time (probably only like 30k but I nor my friends had ever seen that much before).
>>
File: 9769adgar234.png (648KB, 480x722px) Image search: [Google]
9769adgar234.png
648KB, 480x722px
>>379356238
>2002; started OSRS in 2015
>around 2007; stopped OSRS in 2016
>PK back then with friends and didn't care much about skilling; in OSRS I just did slayer and combat skills to 99.
>Most notable moment is when I sold my account with a green party hat back in 2007 for $5k via PayPal. Luckily it was legit and never got charged back.
I started playing WoW at launch and pretty much stopped playing less RS over time until selling my account in 2007.
>>
>>379356238
>when did you start playing

Mid 2007

>when did you stop

When eoc launched but I just started to play again after years because of the inferno. Watched woox majority of the time on twitch. Thinking of quitting again because playing on osrs for the past few days has reminded me what a grind this game is. Doesn't seem worth it.

>what did you like to do

Pk, mini games like castle wars and soul wars.

>what was your most notable moment

Back to back drops at Bandos. Got hilt and then tassets. Also getting like 97 dungeoneering. I hated this skill on release but I quickly learned to love it. I miss dungeoneering. Had a rapier, maul, cls and ccb. Was going for staff then eoc came out.
>>
File: fishing levels.png (354KB, 486x633px) Image search: [Google]
fishing levels.png
354KB, 486x633px
>>379373950
>chat on private at all time
>It's like you're some kind of casual who spends time chatting rather than grinding
You sound like the modern MMO player alright.
>>
>>379373950
You are the reason MMOs are dead.
The specific reason.

The focus on MMO mechanics and grinding over the focus on it being massively multiplayer are the reason that they are dead.

The lack of community egged on by lack of accessibility where people feel like they can't start getting into MMOs unless they've played WoW for a decade are why it's dead.

The constant "THIS IS THE MMO THAT WILL MAKE MMOs FUN AGAIN" and the "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" MMOs which turn out to be shitty waifu creators/grindfests are why MMOs are dead.

Destroying the idea of player-driven anything and leaving everything to automatic shit, to faggy guilds and to red-tape are why MMOs are shitty and dead.

Whether it's autism, bitterness or just shitty upbringing, for whatever reason you are vehemently against openly social people in online games based around having many, many people playing them in an open environment where.

It's your fault MMOs died.
>>
Was Ultima Online better than Runescape?
>>
>>379374254
I was afk near that area once and I went back only to find my account at lumbridge. I was a noob and it took me awhile to figure out what had actually happened.
>>
>>379369439
>>379369490
You do the top three rows horizontally, get the bottom left 2x2 tiles sorted out, and then figure out how to into the last 6.
It was fun the first couple times after I learned that method, and that quickly turned into a slog when every goddamn treasure trail had multiple tile puzzles, usually in a row.
>>
File: baldy.png (225KB, 363x516px) Image search: [Google]
baldy.png
225KB, 363x516px
>send trade request to guy
>quickly right click again and hover over trade request
>send new trade request after the window comes up, canceling the previous trade attempt
>repeat infinitely with occasionally "sorry misclicks" here and there

>find some guy selling X
>add gp one at a time

>find person in the middle of home teleport animation
>ask if they want free money just before they're gone
There were so many ways to fuck around in this game without even having to feel guilty about getting someone scammed, I think that's the biggest part about it that I miss.
>>
>>379375879
>buying house teleport tab
>opens trade window
>decline
>guy clicks tab

Top kek
>>
File: 1496792846201.png (185KB, 814x936px) Image search: [Google]
1496792846201.png
185KB, 814x936px
>>
File: bankquest.gif (64KB, 488x612px) Image search: [Google]
bankquest.gif
64KB, 488x612px
>>379356238
>When did you start?
>When did you stop?
2007ish

Still kept up on it and even resubscribed here and there for a decent amount of time but fucking Squeal of Fortune and whatever replacement gacha shit they came up with completely killed all interest

Fishing and Cooking mostly, some mage and all the quests

Getting 99 cooking which I perfectly orchestrated by using a shrimp to earn the lat bit of XP, learning how to solo the trawler or just hanging out with mates before the clan system existed or getting my pictures put in the gallery because I was one of those autists, no they weren't the good ones
>>
File: time.jpg (60KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
60KB, 550x366px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYQZaFISjQ
>>
File: Absolutely Halal.jpg (322KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Halal.jpg
322KB, 531x471px
>>379376370
Nice
>>
File: 1496736172190.png (455KB, 768x525px) Image search: [Google]
1496736172190.png
455KB, 768x525px
>>379356912
It's been happening for like 2 days now. People not agreeing with their gay pride event started wearing desert robes and white hats as "kkk" outfits, which made a couple of mods ultimate buttmad to the point they actually logged in and started banning people on sight.
>>
>>379377417

Looks like a beautiful clusterfuck of shitposting.
>>
>>379377417
now I regret never getting into this game, this shit is hilarious
>>
>>379370790
You can't sit in RS you fucking hack
>>
File: dragon.png (106KB, 1198x497px) Image search: [Google]
dragon.png
106KB, 1198x497px
>>
>>379377607
It's funny as fuck. Jagex created a game that's both extremely autistic and completely meritocratic and are somehow surprised it turned into /pol/: the community.
>>
>>379377417
Where does this take place? Which world, clan?
>>
>>379377681
>/pol/: the community

That image looks like your average day on /v/.
>>
>>379377702
World 330, no clan it's just a general thing.
>>
File: suspicious neckbeard.jpg (28KB, 490x545px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious neckbeard.jpg
28KB, 490x545px
>>379377679
>holding scimitars backwards
>>
Is it worth to start playing this game again?
I played for 6 months or something in 2009 so I didnt explore the game at all. All I remember was mining coal and trying to collect a jar of blood? in a church to sell it.
>>
File: 1484739301716.jpg (138KB, 754x1008px) Image search: [Google]
1484739301716.jpg
138KB, 754x1008px
>>379377752
I've heard about world 69, then 30. Both member worlds :/
>>
First dubs gets 500k gp

Include username in your post so I can add the winner
>>
>>379378123
Not right now. Jagex are pushing a bunch of SJW shit. Maybe later if they have the good sense to back down, but this is Jagex so don't get your hopes up.

>>379378165
http://services.runescape.com/m=news/open-weekend--starts-8th-june-2017?oldschool=1

Free membership weekend starts on the 8th.
>>
File: baaaah.png (81KB, 514x336px) Image search: [Google]
baaaah.png
81KB, 514x336px
>>379377882
a-aesthetic concession
>>
File: ultimaonline3.jpg (141KB, 804x605px) Image search: [Google]
ultimaonline3.jpg
141KB, 804x605px
>>379356238

>never

>never

>nothing

>nothing

Runescape was for losers/millenials. Real men played UO.
>>
>>379378260
The open weekend only applies to accounts made before the 5th, if he can't remember his old account it's too late now.
>>
>>379356238
started in 2004
stopped in 2007

started again in 2015
stopped in 2015
>>
>>379378260
Whats a good quest or something else to prioritize when the free weekend starts? Never had mems before
>>
>>379378620
Waterfall Quest then the Gnome stronghold ones.
>>
File: 1496782145144-image1-copy.jpg (60KB, 1050x778px) Image search: [Google]
1496782145144-image1-copy.jpg
60KB, 1050x778px
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/runescape-pride-event-players-plan-riot-2017
>>
>>379378165
Why is she eating the phone
>>
>>379378260
Cool, I was meaning to ask when this starts
>log into old account
>3 offences : website advertising
>permanently muted
Epic, amazing security
I don't know if it's still worth trying it though, this account is like 6-7 years old and I only played 3 hours in total
>>
>>379356238
Late 2005.
>When did you stop?
Was on and off for a while but eventually stopped playing altogether around 2013.
Slayer, slayer and more slayer. Shit was so relaxing and it felt rewarding.
Finishing While Guthix Sleeps and getting a dragon claws drop on my second tormented demon kill.
>>
File: 1493412845027.jpg (53KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1493412845027.jpg
53KB, 512x512px
>>379378260
Holy shit, still wish someone would set up some clans tho
>>
>>379378882
The great Japanese famine of 2017 (colorized)
>>
>>379378860

I've been waiting for this.
>>
>>379378260
To be gay is to an SJW, huh.
>>
>>379376370
Like the subreddit is the majority of the player base.
>>
>>379371480
>Trim Quest point cape option

What is this anon? Is this a new feature in OSRS? I thought your first skillcape auto-trimmed when you got a second 99/skillcape.
>>
>>379379456
gotta do all dem cheevo diaries or something stupidly time consuming
>>
>>379379309

Nah, we think you're an SJW for other reasons.
>>
File: 1495904292018.gif (949KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1495904292018.gif
949KB, 500x282px
>>379378860
The article was decent until "A Redditor named 18simpsonr posted an apt response:"
>>
>>379379535
Fuck that. Doing some of them in the original Runescape was enough of a chore. But at least it's not like trimmed comp cape where you have to play 5000 games of castle wars.
>>
>>379379779
>5000 games of castle wars

That shit was stupid. People actually did this too. I enjoyed a bit of castle wars here and there but 5 fucking thousand games?
>>
>>379356238

September 2004

>When did you stop?
Stopped playing seriously in about 2012. Fully stopped including OSRS in 2015.

Clan based PvP, castlewars, running open house gambling.

Lasting three and a half minutes as the first pile in a matched ops clan war back in 2006. Our clan killed three of them in the time it took them to kill me, effectively winning us the fight immediately.

I had fun with the game, but I just don't enjoy it or other MMOs anymore.
>>
>>379379943
sounds like somebody didn't ACTUALLY enjoy castle wars
nah I remember accidentally joining a super pro game of CW where everyone was lvl 138 and had PvM somewhere in their names and all they did was sit for the entire goddamn match
>>
File: age.jpg (123KB, 831x775px) Image search: [Google]
age.jpg
123KB, 831x775px
>>379371480
>18 days and a qp cape
fuck I need to step up
>>
>>379379943
At 20 mins a game and if you add 5 minutes for waiting time:

5,000x25= 125,000
125,000/60=2083hours
2083h/24h=86.7 days playtime.

All for a bit of colour on a cape that already takes a shitload of time to get.
>>
File: Peace Was Never An Option.jpg (26KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Peace Was Never An Option.jpg
26KB, 400x533px
>>379380038

>First week of themed worlds
>1,800 player games of Castlewars
>>
>>379380038
I enjoyed it but not enough to play it 5000 times
>>
File: 1496636163685.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496636163685.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>379377632
>>
>>379380115
>a q p
w
>>
>>379356238
Somewhere 2003-2004 started playing
Stopped like year later
Grinding all the things playing for free, exploring the world without any guide and adventures with friends!
When I tried to login to RS i found out i got banned for botting year ago. Tfw never botted, nobody had an access to my account (unless Jagex leaks), perma ban on my old-ass account.
>>
File: 1396250008962.png (18KB, 304x262px) Image search: [Google]
1396250008962.png
18KB, 304x262px
>>379380326
>>
>>379380326
Took me the longest time to figure out what this was
I'd read it as A kewpy wuh
>>
>>379374969
>mmos are dead because I don't talk to a bunch of autistic 10 year olds in runescape

granted most of the people that play now are probably in their 30s still living with their parents because they spent the entirety of their early life in runescape but your post was still shit anon
>>
>>379380751
Don't worry about it anon, you don't sound like the person who would contribute anything positive to online communities anyway, have fun grinding and hopefully less time posting.
>>
File: 1482320172279.jpg (26KB, 460x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482320172279.jpg
26KB, 460x320px
>grinding skills 95% of the time
>other 5% is selling the shit you got while grinding and buying more shit you need to grind faster
>choice of instant trade at GE
>or
>stand at bank for an hour spamming shit hoping that someone will trade you
>UUUGHHHHH STOP KILLING PLAYER INTERACTION FUCKFKASDJFIAJ
get fucked faggots
>>
File: Grindr-logo.jpg (360KB, 1800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Grindr-logo.jpg
360KB, 1800x1800px
>>379381294
>>
File: 1496679368836.gif (884KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496679368836.gif
884KB, 375x304px
>>379377750
>>
Started in 2005, stopped on the day of the Dragon Defenders release.
I adored fishing, sitting at the dock in the guild talking to fellow scapers as I catch sharks with my bare hands.
After reaching 99 fishing I started focusing on my Slayer skill, I loved it. Travelling all over the world hunting bizarre creatures was good shit, the slayer tower was my home away from home.
I loved the quests in the game too, they were long and arduous a lot of the time. Underground pass was an absolute bitch. It's one of my favourite games of all time.
>>
>>379381275
What in the name of fuck is there to contribute to a Runescape community other than grinding supplies? All of the quests are singleplayer except for like one or two, communication isn't exactly encouraged
>>
I played from like 04-06 or something. Got up to lvl 90 and some change. I pretty much rage quit when I was wearing quite a few mil worth of gear, training agility. Got down to 1 hp then teleported to town. Got that random event where you stop in a tiny room mid teleport and have to pull a lever and if you get the wrong one it does 1 hp damage. Lost all my gear in that random event space with no way to go get it back. Then sold my account to some kid for 100 bucks that he stole from his mom
>>
File: 1491466822239.jpg (32KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491466822239.jpg
32KB, 540x540px
>>379381294
>grinding skills 95% of the time
die, efficiencyfaggot
>>
>>379381294
>being an efficiency fag
>literally chasing a carrot on a stick that had no carrot for years
>>
>>379381663
>literally
illiterate detected, opinion discarded
>>
>>379380326
What does this mean?
>>
File: toragsfury.jpg (353KB, 900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
toragsfury.jpg
353KB, 900x1000px
>tfw they upgraded all the armor from looking simple and sleek to overdesigned shitpiles in RS3
>you can also be a winged anime catgirl with real dollarydoos
>>
>>379382017
these changes were necessary for the continued health of the game, just like the graphical update for zanik in the mighty and all NPCs you're meant to pay attention to (modeled after actual British people!)
>>
>>379382017
Runescape is hideous now, every time I come across a screenshot or 2D artwork I get sad.
>>
>>379381454
>>379381621
>>379381663
itt: bankstanders
>>
File: beauty.png (205KB, 572x308px) Image search: [Google]
beauty.png
205KB, 572x308px
Can you skill get phats and shit in OSRS for cheap, or at least not millions and billions of gold?
>>
File: 1493539660956.jpg (64KB, 573x611px) Image search: [Google]
1493539660956.jpg
64KB, 573x611px
>>379382226
Keep fighting bots for those yew logs and getting those soulless 99s while I have fun interacting with human beans
>>
>>379382432
you wanna know how I can tell you were never successful at the game?
>>
>>379382432
have fun paying 5 dollars a month to use a 3D chat client lel
>>
>>379382393
They're dirt cheap for some reason. Like, 4k.
>>
>>379382478
You wanna know how I can tell you took it way too seriously and feel like you actually accomplished something?
>>379382493
>giving money to the jagex
>>
File: rs.jpg (636KB, 1918x1014px) Image search: [Google]
rs.jpg
636KB, 1918x1014px
>>379371480
Damn, I guess I really did play the game a lot.
>>
>>379379415
Nobody said that.
>>
>>379382628
>sticks in f2p areas
>doesnt level at all
you sound like a fun guy
>>
>>379382562
Cool, thanks. I know it's because the game shits out new ones but wasn't sure if they curtailed that with how popular it had gotten.
>>
>>379382886
Thanks
>>
>>379356238
>when did you start playing
Before membership was even an option. Runescape was originally a f2p browser/java game.

>when did you stop
When I realized how shit it was. The game is very unresponsive, requiring server-side auth for all of your clicks and every skill is a boring "click this tree literally 1 million times" grind.
I pretty much only played it at school, since a lot of other things were blocked.

>what did you like to do
I liked multitasking, so like burying bones, looting, or alching between combat ticks was a little fun.

>most notable moment
My account got hacked, they botted me up a good 40 combat levels, and the account was recovered with levels intact.
>>
File: 1357300593851.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1357300593851.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>play runescape
>try to do any pvp
>lag between eating food and attacking is so fucking bad even on low ping servers i die every time
god i hate the stupid runescape lag shit
>>
File: Capture.png (65KB, 518x144px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
65KB, 518x144px
>>379382703
>not spending 5% of your life playing RS since you made your account
>>
>>379383403
It's not lag. The game rune on 0.6 second server ticks. Learning to time and manipulate those ticks is how you play the game.
>>
>>379383479
how can you trust him he looks stoned as fuck
>>
>>379383564
this is the shit no one told me when i was a kid trying to pvp at the wildy border
>>
I miss the concept of a barter economy, every game has an auction house now and it bums me out
>>
Clearly Jagex don't want to hear us. But that is okay, because we can make the community hear us. Jagex think it's okay to use the game as a medium to push their political views. Well we will make it backfire harder than any sjw stunt ever has in history.

When the gay pride ingame event happens, I need every single man and women with any shred of dignity left to create noob level 3 accounts and either buy bonds or use a f2p world and engulf this event in a hellfire of extreme hatespeech, racism and biggotry particularly directed at anyone appearing to take part in the actual event. We will want to spread ourselves accross the worlds so that nobody can partake in this event without being subjected to a barrage of abuse.

If jagex want to paint a target on the backs of gays, so be it. We will hit that target with absolutely everything we have. Until there is nothing left to hit.

We will hate so much that the idea that Runescape's community is full of toxic, racists, biggots and extreme right wingers will be permantently engraved into the internet to never be forgotten.

This isn't about hating gays or races. This is US taking back OUR game. For the greater good. The ends will justify the means. Godspeed gentlemen.
>>
>>379383704
>try to barter
>lmao fk u noob dumb fking offer wont trade with noobs kil urself
>>
>>379382016
People used to type "a q p" in the chat and then follow it up with 4 or 5 spaces and a "w". If you did it right and there wasn't an interruption between the two messages it drew a penis in the chat box.
>>
>>379383696
Yeah, people today have gotten stupid good at it. Seeing some nigger do an Ice Barrage into 8-way switch AGS-Gmaul spec and stacking someone out for 160 damage in a single tick is absurd.
>>
>>379383564
.6sec or more delay on every action is pretty laggy bro.
That's less than 2fps.
>>
>>379383747
i cant be bothered
>>
>>379383849
oh shit there's only one person in game that sells items?
>>
>>379383704
Me too

>>379383849
That was part of the fun

Runescape taught me everything about trading that Diablo 2 didn't teach me first, like cynicism

No, I won't go up to you to trade, mister guy cutting a tree in level 1 wilderness
>>
>>379383905
It's not on every action. It's not even .6 for *an* action.
You queue up actions in that .6 seconds. ALL of them are executed at the end of that .6 seconds so long as they don't conflict with other actions. Think of them more as game turns, like in a Turn based RPG. You have 0.6 seconds to input your actions for the next round.
>>
>>379383974
>2 trading worlds
>chances are if you're selling something that isnt in huge demand then you'll be waiting for 30+ minutes for a potential buyer
>and if that guy doesnt want to trade then you're fucked
let me guess you started playing in late 09 right?
>>
>when did you start
03-04. I'd actually played classic once, but I couldn't get past the graffix so I stopped pretty fast, I don't think I really got anywhere, but 03 I started playing and got up to adecent level, even got membership.
>when did you stop
stopped around 2009, I wanna say. I hadn't had membership in a few months cause I wasn't playing as much as I'd like, and it was just boring me.
>what did you like to do
mining and wc were my guilty pleasures. I absolutely abhorred combat, it was so fucking one note and I despised it. I did lots of thieving and treasure trails, too.
>most notable moment
beating fight cave for sure. It didn't manage to do it till like 2007 but it was still a pretty cool moment.

I've been playing OSRS lately and it's kinda cool, but I can't get quite as into it. Everything feels really sterile. And knowing how almost everything works is kinda lame, plus the new shit is almost begging you to look up guides to figure it out, instead of trying to get you to figure it out yourself or ask people around you.
>>
File: jaysus.png (62KB, 516x144px) Image search: [Google]
jaysus.png
62KB, 516x144px
>>379383479
/played always fucks me up
>>
>>379383747
How about you take this overwhelming passion of yours and put it into something that matters instead of a mmo browser based game?
>>
File: 1447233937985.jpg (58KB, 415x417px) Image search: [Google]
1447233937985.jpg
58KB, 415x417px
>>379384502
>only 2.8% of your life
YOU ARE LIKE A CHILD
>>
>>379383747
I think it's hilarious that they're trying to virtue signal about LGBT and fight bigotry when they have an entire city in their game dedicated to racist caricatures of Arabs who are all called Ali
>>
OSRS is such shit that I just decided to play /v/scape
empty world is pretty damn comfy
>>
>>379384103
Like I said - laggy.
>>

late 2001, runescape classic

>When did you stop?

A few months after the first GE patch, nothing against it just lost interest in the game

Build range pures and pk in the wildy :)

Getting baited into the wilderness with full adamant armor and my santa hat on during runescape classic when the hats just came out. I was very young and didn't realize what was happening lmao..

My most positive moment was when the dark bow was just released and i was able to buy one immediately. Went into the wilderness and dbow specd some faggots
>>
I started when I was like 12 i think? so 14 years ago.

I stopped about a year later

Basically all i did was mine rune essence and scam people into buying it for like 100+ X the amount it was worth

made bank

pvp was p fun
>>
>>379384645
At least if the desert and by extension the desert quests were removed from the game it would improve the overall questing experience immensely
>>
>>379384871
Used to play a lot on private servers back in the day.

Played on battlescape, revolutionx/matrix, validus, roxoscape,alotic and many more. Is vscape any good? How many players at peak times?
>>
>>379384634
sorry I stopped playing 10 years ago to let other, even bigger pieces of shit destroy my life
>>
>>379385121
40 is the rough estimate
It's 2.25x exp, they've got a lot of quests that are faithful enough to the original, and construction is in, but no hunter

The community is pretty much what you'd expect from a /vg/ RS server
>>
File: osrs.png (328KB, 763x507px) Image search: [Google]
osrs.png
328KB, 763x507px
>>379384502
Thought i'd have more time, this account was banned from late 2007-mid2009 though so I made another account and got that max combat
>>
>>379385060
>Do I have enough waterskins: AKA How to trigger anxiety in a 12 year old: the zone

That, the wilderness and for some reason the swamp near port ghost town could really fuck my head up back then.
>>
>>379385121
Like 30, most of the time it's 12-25. It's got almost everything from '07 and 2.25x exp. Other than that it's just a runescape clone where only /v/ plays, basically
>>
>>379385357
The fucking leeches and vampires that drop out of trees, man.
Ghasts were also the scariest shit thanks to the claymation grafix. I did Temple Trekking and got the event where you have to feed the retarded fucks that got lost in the swamp, messed up, and wound up getting nightmares over the guy turning into a ghast.
>>
>>379385406
>Like 30, most of the time it's 12-25
you're that one faggot who always plays at like 4am est aren't you
>>
>>379356238
See you in world 330 tonight boys, bring a robe for me
>>
>>379385406
pretty sure peak is about 50, used to be around 70

it's currently at 22 and these are dead hours so
>>
I wanna go to w330 tonight but I just wanna stand there and not participate because I don't wanna get banned. I actually don't have a problem with gays.

Will I get banned if I just stand at gala for square? Am I a faggot /v/?
>>
File: 1da.jpg (18KB, 600x539px) Image search: [Google]
1da.jpg
18KB, 600x539px
I wonder if that guy ever managed to buy a gf.
>>
>>379378620
Maybe one that gives agility xp, pretty useful in f2p.
>>
File: 1473835175845.jpg (290KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473835175845.jpg
290KB, 960x1280px
>>379385808
This question bugs me to this day
>>
>>379356238
people are quiting now cause they want some fag parade event in rs 07
>>
>>379385915
Come to world 330 tonight, I'm doing suicide by mods
>>
File: 1477121450536-v.jpg (27KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
1477121450536-v.jpg
27KB, 640x634px
>osrs 43181 online
>rs3 29423 online

JUST
>>
>>379386439
The best part is those totals, separate, are still more than like 80% of mmos on the market. pretty sure rs3 is beating guild wars 2 even.
>>
>>379365018
>2000
>before the game was even out

Hmm
>>
>>379386439
RS3 has been dead as fuck for ages. Jagex are only just now realizing how badly they fucked up and ctransferring a bunch of their RS3 devs to 07.

One of whom is Mod Wolf, the literal Furry faggot responsible for the gay pride thing. Obviously Jagex still haven't learned their lesson.
>>
>>379386535
Its amazing how many stayed on rs3 just to keep their levels instead of starting from scratch on osrs

Not like levels even matter in rs3 anymore with microtransactions up the ass and double xp events
>>
File: 1496775228546.gif (566KB, 162x227px) Image search: [Google]
1496775228546.gif
566KB, 162x227px
>>379380276
>>
Pick up that wine, something really cool happens
>>
>>379386568
DeviousMUD was put online in 1999. It later became the original Runescape.
>>
>>379386642
osrs was doing fine with the small dedicated team, rs3 staff members gonna fuck shit up
>>
File: 1493969172839.jpg (36KB, 405x431px) Image search: [Google]
1493969172839.jpg
36KB, 405x431px
>wanted to try inferno in osrs
>barely got a level 99 skill and you need to be maxed in every combat skill to properly attempt it on top of needing bis billion gp worth of gear
timesink bullshit, think im going to drop the game when my sub runs out. ive had enough fun with the game, time to let go
>>
File: laughingmegami.gif (2MB, 384x372px) Image search: [Google]
laughingmegami.gif
2MB, 384x372px
>>379373835
>PKers finally get their own event and still everyone complains
>>
>>379386753
Yeah I can already tell they're going to make the same mistakes all over again. I fully expect them to poll Summoning soon.
>>
>>379386439
>those days of seeing 100k players online are never coming back
>>
>>379386678
RS3 is enjoyable in it's own right, just like OSRS. jagex knows that, and knows what people still playing RS3 want.
>>
>268 replies
>Nothing about the newly released desert expansion
So is it any good and worth coming back to with the free membership trial?
>>
>>379387148
most people are familiar with 2007 era runescape and havent kept up with rs3 or post eoc, i doubt anyone here gives a fuck about it
>>
>>379387148
/vg/ memery has lead me to believe that it's a gigantic time waster with pretty ok exp if you're not all maxed n' shit. One of the quests requires rank 9 reputation or something for all houses or whatever, and that in turn would take around 14 hours if you were lucky and coordinated with other faggots to do it as quick as possible.
>>
>>379387148
Everyone here is too busy dickriding OSRS and whining about the gay pride shit. menaphos is alright, it's basically priff but desert-ish, with all the shit that entails. A few new areas to grind out a couple skills.
>>
>>379386961
on Osrs maybe, it has like 60k+ at peak. growing every year, the first year i remember it being like 15-20k online
>>
>>379387148
Nobody really plays RS3 anymore.
>>
>>379387148
>playing rs3
how reddit can you be?
>>
>>379387063
RS3 would have been a good game if it had actually been an original game rather than a butchering of an existing game.
By replacing an existing game, they alienated their existing audience without attracting a new one. Dumbass decision to do it.
>>
what do you mean world 330?
I'm looking at the world lists for both nuscape and oldscape and they don't go higher than 141 and 94 respectively.
world 330 isn't a members world, right? I don't want to pay to shitpost
>>
>>379387468
EoC should've been the end of Runescape, especially since every attempt to diversify their income failed such as Chronicles. OSRS is their saving grace. I remember them boasting about their "War Chest" during the EoC thing. What a horrible mistake that was. Only reason it's up is because it attracts whales.
>>
>>379387643
330 in osrs is 1k+ all day everyday since its the house party ie gilded altar world. It's a members world. If you have an old account they are doing a free member event for the weekend starting tomorrow
>>
>>379387845
I had an account a few years ago, but I don't remember any of the details. Can I get free member this weekend if I make an account now?
>>
>>379387981
no, had to be made before june 5th.
>>
File: 1496774206030.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496774206030.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
>>379356985
>Is it gay if you like traps?
>Feminine dicks are not gay
>We pay no gay, except traps
>>
File: 695.png (66KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
695.png
66KB, 547x402px
>All this shit going on about the gay pride thing
>Decided to go full Jew
>Started selling Rope for 25k each
>Made about 1.2m
>Got banned
>>
File: 1493402120003.png (16KB, 683x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493402120003.png
16KB, 683x320px
>>379389754
>>
>>379389754
kek
>>
>>379372341
You sound like a really fun guy, plz more stories.
>>
>>379388307
Where is this from again?
>>
>>379389754
While funny, I hope you guys are just joking and Fagex isn't actually banning people for minor shit like this.

>>379390186
That's Coco, from Pico x Chico x Coco.
>>
>>379390587
you bet they fucking are
>>
File: Ding dongu.png (220KB, 582x279px) Image search: [Google]
Ding dongu.png
220KB, 582x279px
>>379390587
They literally have Jmods logging in invisibly and manually banning people.
>>
>>379390670
>We don't currently share any evidence we hold relating to this type of rule breaking

That's because there rarely is any evidence worthy of a ban from jagex for anything.
>>
File: 1480281163365.jpg (244KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
1480281163365.jpg
244KB, 1024x670px
>tfw gay and playing runescape
>but i don't want politics in my videogames
>>
>>379390670
Good.

The event being forced in is beyond dumb but the community response has proved to be...Well not any dumber than you'd expect from Runescape players really, since they're all 12 in mind if not body. Legitimate complaints coopted by homophobic faggots is no surprise.
>>
>>379391946
Same here desu. Sub ran out today, prob wont resub. Jagex are faggits.
>>
File: 1476462718468.png (45KB, 889x987px) Image search: [Google]
1476462718468.png
45KB, 889x987px
>tfw listening to Billy Talent and cutting Magic Trees on your mom's laptop while she was at work

We can never go back
>>
>>379392298
honestly the only reason why i'm playing it, other then some nostigla, is because it gives me something to do with my boyfriend.
>>
>when they made a quest that was all about making fun of the playerbase
Surprised this game isn't dead yet
>>
>>379393613
The last time they polled an idea by Mod Wolf (the guy behind the gay shit) it was a sequel to romeo and juliet except gay.

It's got a foot in the grave.
>>
>>379392567
you and your degenerate boyfriend should be chastised and thrown off a bridge
>>
>>379386439
According to the official stats, so take it with a grain of salt, they released at some point, RS3 actually has a larger but significantly more casual playerbase, while OSRS has a much more dedicated one.
>>
>>379393775
and you and your religion should be driven out of the world.
>>
>>379393939
Well that was a waste of some rare as hell numbers.
>>
>>379393760
I still find that Gower quest to be in poor taste to be honest, it just screams Jagex being really sour.
>>
>>379393939
nice digits
>>
>>379386439
The thing is that osrs has a much bigger botting problem. The gap between the two probably isn't as big as you think.
>>
>>379394162
I liked it since I took the sarcasm they were poking at the playerbase seriously. They're right, new skills are fucking garbage that everyone rushes to 99/120/etc, quests are oversimplified shadows of their former glory, and Zanik (at least in the might fall) was an abomination
>>
>>379394474
>bankstanding skill
>>
>>379394162
The gower brothers are pretty destroyed after what happened to runegame, really killed them inside, you can tell from the interview in the 15 year doc.
some anon transcribed it
https://pastebin.com/LUpCVsDx
>>
File: 1496416059531.jpg (118KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496416059531.jpg
118KB, 960x720px
Fishing lvls?
>>
>>379359178
tfw i pretend i was there and make up stories
>>
>>379394812
Wtf is wrong with his feet
>>
>>379394730
JUST
>>
File: 1495533063821.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495533063821.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>379394812
>those feet
>>
>>379394934
>>379395014
thats a dog
>>
>>379394934
we keep giving niggers in africa too much aid. makes them reproduce like crazy without learning anything for themselves and they go get famines
>>
>>379394730
Are they being held at gunpoint or something?
>>
File: 1488315653033.jpg (201KB, 449x998px) Image search: [Google]
1488315653033.jpg
201KB, 449x998px
>Soon after RS2 dropped
>RS3
>Slaying/Clue Scrolls/Barrows were my main jam, but I did a lot of shit
>DH Helm from Barrows, 3.8m
>>
>>379394730
Holy shit, that just makes it even worse
>>
File: 1496563148087.jpg (85KB, 469x381px) Image search: [Google]
1496563148087.jpg
85KB, 469x381px
>>379394730
My smile and optimism are now gone.
>>
>>379394162
>that Gower quest
whats the name of this quest so I can read about it?
>>
>>379395516
literally just gower quest
>>
File: intermediateboat.png (66KB, 512x334px) Image search: [Google]
intermediateboat.png
66KB, 512x334px
Anyone remember world 69 Pest Control? Shit was the easiest XP in the game until lowbies found out.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 82

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.