[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hmm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 47

File: 1485844265548.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485844265548.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Hmm
>>
Why doesn't he have any pants?
>>
Curved swords
>>
>>379351681
I tried going back to DS2 recently and holy shit are the controls just unbearable compared to literally all of the other games in the series.
>>
So wait, what's the issue? I haven't played das3 dlcs yet so I don't have any experience with that other dude. What I'm more concerned about is the fact that I've never seen the fume knight block like that in any of my fights with him.
>>
>>379351681
>actually hard boss where you have to actually position yourself and requires even maybe a fraction of brainpower
>vs rollspam: the experience: the motion picture
There are so many reasons I despise DaS2 I could write a fucking 3part saga on it but god dam did you choose the worst comparison possible to make your point.
>>
>>379351681
I don't get how people can find this clunky movement fun after playing the Ninja Gaiden games with smooth character control.
>>
>>379352387
Which boss in 3 isn't rollspam: the complete first season?
>>
>>379352125
You know, it's weird. I enjoyed dark souls 2 after getting over the disappointment that it didn't live up to the first, but the controls and wonky animation locks always kind of bugged me. But, after being completely underwhelmed by nier automata, I decided to pop das2 back in and everything felt fine and no deaths occurred on a new character except for when I set my controller down to answer the phone, accidentally pushed a trigger, and the attack animation walked me off the edge of a platform in heide's tower. Somehow nier made me better at controlling das2.
>>
What are you implying?
>>
>>379351681
What is this WEBM trying to prove?
>>
>>379352231
>I've never seen the fume knight block like that

It's common. Probably a trap for newfags who wail on him and waste all their stamina. You can't guard break him sadly.
>>
>>379352473
not that anon, but he was calling Gael the rollspam fight you goddamn monkey
>>
Who is the first dude? The final boss of Dark Souls II DLCs?
>>
>>379352623

Weird. I never tried to just wail on him because I had read so much about how hard he was. I went into it really cautiously but kept getting my ass handed to me because he was always relentless in his first phase, and then I'd always fuck up my timing in the second. Never killed him until I learned the velstadt helmet trick. Now he's one attempt every time. Just run in naked two handing a mace and I'm golden.
>>
File: Hi Im Paul.jpg (98KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hi Im Paul.jpg
98KB, 1920x1080px
>>379352671
I wish monkey was used as an insult more often
>>
>>379352864
Fume knight, Raime. Other knight of Vendrick alongside Velstadt until they had relationship issues in their triangle and he left to find another sugar daddy. I can't remember a whole lot of the lore, so I can't remember if he was an asshole before or after the black fog at brume tower.
>>
>>379353159

Really don't remember enough to know if anything I just said was accurate at all. But yes, last boss of the best of the 3 dlcs.
>>
File: Dark Shit 3.png (453KB, 1004x598px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Shit 3.png
453KB, 1004x598px
>>379351681
>one fight requires precise rolling with only one chance per attack to roll properly
>the other allows you to roll spam your way out of most attacks with the player being able to roll at least twice during the time interval between the start of a boss' wind-up animation and the moment his weapon actually hits
>one fight has an actually responsive and properly aggressive boss who does not allow you to drink estus, unless you do it during his recovery frames for one or two attacks
>the other allows you to chug freely through the encounter

DS3 is utter trash. Good thing it sold like dogshit and will never catch up with DS2 in sales.
>>
>>379352936
Co-oping Fume Knight was the most fun I had in that game, must have killed him hundreds of times and know his moveset inside out.

Any boss that requires constant focus is good design imo.
>>
>>379351681
>ds2
>final dlc boss is built up to massively
>dlc for 2 was already incredible and had a bunch of great and varied bosses
>ds3
>final boss is a literal who
>TRC and AoA are slogs to get through with mostly shit bosses that have way too much HP
And yet somehow, Gael and his fight are a thousand times more interesting than Raime's.

What a shitshow.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170607-011414.jpg (339KB, 1901x924px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-011414.jpg
339KB, 1901x924px
>>379353330
das2 apologists pls go
>>
>>379352671
Right, and I'm saying every boss in 3 is the rollspam fight, you chucklefuck.
>>
>>379353383

Never co-oped him. I got around to all the games too late to be able to co-op more than like once a week. I've been spamming my sunbro summon sign everywhere this week and haven't been summoned once. I did really enjoy his fight though, unlike 90% of the bosses in the game. I liked sir allone to a lesser extent I think only because I fought him after fume knight, and because the fights are extremely similar. Their moves aren't copy/paste, but my strategy for both is make distance, wait for the attack, roll, land 2 hits, make distance. That sounds like every boss, but I think most people get what I mean.
>>
>>379352473
going from personal experience in my SL1 run
>dancer
>crystal sage
>deacon
>gr8wood
>ancient wyvern
>the big skeleton i forgot the name of
>pontiff arguably
>aldrich arguably
so basically the couple actually great bosses and a bunch of poorly done gimmicky shit that doesn't need rollspamming because it's already easy.
>>
File: 1493566790128.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1493566790128.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>379353730
It's OK; Miyacucki. I guess it hurts knowing that your shit game bombed sales wise and you were exposed as a hack who had nothing to do with the development of Bloodborne, but at least you have a "fanbase" of rabid shit-eaters who will buy your every turd. Oh, wait, they won't, as shown by Dark Shit 3 AHAHAHA.
>>
>>379354309
>the big skeleton i forgot the name of
Wolnir

What a let down that was, trailer made him look like a badass but his fight is a joke
>>
>One is about having to memorize his stupid combo potential or doing the fight by one hit at a time.
>other one is roll to the left for two phases and roll baclwards while avoiding lightning. Also DUDE REMEMBER ARTORIAS LMAO
>>
>>379351681
What is this wemb trying to tell me?
>>
>>379354343
Have sex with someone, go out and drink with friends, or go for a fucking drive at least man. You've been here too long and it shows.
>>
>>379351778
Its the end of the world nigga why would he care about pants?
>>
File: 1489922411600.png (536KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
1489922411600.png
536KB, 660x660px
>>379351681
>first fight is slow, difficult, and really makes you think
>second fight is Flashy Cinematic Experience : The Rollspam Motion Picture(tm)
>autists will defend 3 because they're STILL butthurt about the downgrade
hmmm
>>
>>379352517
The only thing I enjoyed about 2 over one is that there was never a point where the game suddenly became completely irredeemable garbage. It was a consistent true 7/10 the whole game through.

Dark Souls was 10/10... until you get the Lordvessel.

Bed of Chaos 4 Kings Seath cancer cancer cancer and oh hey an actual good fight to end the game on.

Dark Souls goes from 60 to 0 in about five hours.

DSII is a consistent 45.
>>
>>379354309
>dancer
>not spamroll
What
>>
>>379355368
>from my experience
>at SL1
you do not want to spamroll dancer if you want to live at SL1.
>>
>>379355621
Fair enough. The fight for me was spamroll the fight though, fuck that beyblade move.
>>
File: 1486630866443.jpg (384KB, 720x1018px) Image search: [Google]
1486630866443.jpg
384KB, 720x1018px
>Great music VS Forgot music
>Great story VS Shit story
>Great character VS forgot character
>At the end of the world VS Shit pits
>fast, epic, dramatic, intense VS slow, sluggish
>A powerful knight VS Retarded robots

Slave Knight Gael
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2BVfbZ2WMg
Fume Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciI0Qjv0EU

In Fact , Gael is Better
>>
>>379351681
Both are good bosses though. I like how the DaS2 footage is specifically lower Res and on console so it looks worse compared to DaS3. I don't like how flashy Gael is in his second phase, but he's still a very good boss
>>
>>379355368
>Dancer struts casually across the room
>Some fucking weirdo is rolling furiously in the corner
Totally valid tactic
>>
>>379355817
Same.

I like to think I'm decent at Souls games, but I reverted to spam rolling and R1 mashing for dancer.
>>
File: get_this_hothead_outta_here.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
get_this_hothead_outta_here.gif
2MB, 500x500px
DaS2 apologists all have one thing in common.

It was the first souls games they played.

It isn't special or precious.
>>
>>379355273
>really makes you think
truly activates those almonds.
>>
>>379355903
>It isn't special or precious.
Precisely. It's the best game in the series simply because it's mechanically the best.
>>
>>379355903
Projecting much lad? DeS was my first, DaS second, and I regocnize DaS2 as broken promises the game, but it still is a great game that had a lot of good ideas.
>>
>>379355872
>Fume Knight
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GciI0Qjv0EU
The movement and attack animations in Dark Souls 2 are disgusting, very floaty and sluggish. As if the character is underwater. Dark Souls 3 is perfect in both aspects.
>>
>>379355076
>no retort
>can only deflect and project
LMAO
>>
>>379356041
>Design a combat system around 1v1 fights
>Introduce artificial difficulty by throwing mobs at you while removing the efficacy of most options to deal with mobs that DS1 had.

Yeah, great game.
>>
>>379355903
DaS was my first, DaS 2 was my third anon
>>
>>379356102
Movement in DS2 is a noticeable step down from DS1. If you look at your feet, it also appears that you're simply gliding. DS1 handled the animations and responsiveness very well.
>>
>>379355298

This is true. I love every moment of DaS1 up until the Lord vessel. Then I have to do the chore that is the archives, the chore that is new londo, and to a lesser extent the chore that is the rest of the catacombs (because I kill pinwheel for the rite as soon as possible). With every new game or new character, I recapture a little bit of the wonder I first experienced until after I kill O&S, and then it's just trying to pay attention long enough to play the dlc and then fight Gwen. Something about the asylum and the upper undead burg still does it for me. I've played it countless times and I still love those first areas. Das2, upon playing it again, just feels like a chore, but I enjoy it immediately in retrospect if that makes sense. Like fuck, I guess I have to do man's warf, or fuck, I guess I have to do shrine of amana or adlias keep, but after I get through them I realise it really isn't bad and if I feel like leaving a few things behind they can really all be done in several minutes now that I know how they go. I think my initial impression of the game still taints my experience. I didn't really learn to enjoy it until after I had finished the first play through. I had played through the forest of fallen giants and was disgusted that it wasn't like the first, and immediately returned to that to play new builds. Came back to it about a month later with the same attitude and forced myself through it, then started ng+ and was able to enjoy it now that I was used to it. I just can't shake the feeling of each area being a chore before I actually enter it.
>>
>On release everyone was saying DS3>DS2
>Now that DS3's DLC's have been out for a while the reflective consensus has shifted to DS2>DS3
>This consensus will continue to firm in the next 5 years and DS3 will be remembered as the worst souls game

/v/ is the ultimate barometer, you can feel the tide changing
>>
File: 1494900393745.gif (3MB, 396x208px) Image search: [Google]
1494900393745.gif
3MB, 396x208px
>>379356171
No projection at all. I just found the idea of someone vigorously rolling around while the boss casually walks on the opposite side of the room to be funny.

My actual retort? Learn her timings. If the beyblade move is giving you trouble, then learn it and learn it's piss-easy to roll through. Memorize how many times she swings, then roll at half-second intervals. Dancer is only difficult if you attempt her early.
>>
>>379356192
>m-muh artificial difficulty ughhhh
>unf im retarded and I can't play unlocked
>why isn't this game easy
literally get good
>>
File: eh-macmillan-asylum-demon.jpg (508KB, 1920x1103px) Image search: [Google]
eh-macmillan-asylum-demon.jpg
508KB, 1920x1103px
Asylum demon is the best boss hands down.

Beautiful in its simplicity.

No phases.

No cheap tricks.

Just a small health bar that anyone with a job could appreciate.

Small number of slow telegraphed attacks that are completely fair and fun.

This is why DS3 is so bad. It strayed from the root boss design principles that made the series a joy to play in the first place.
>>
>>379356192
>artificial difficulty
Git gud, shitter. Souls 1 babbies who can't abuse backstabs anymore and keep crying how hard DS2 is are pathetic.
>>
File: 1495718418257.jpg (296KB, 996x623px) Image search: [Google]
1495718418257.jpg
296KB, 996x623px
>>379356386
get retarded
>>
>>379355903

It was my second immediately after finishing the first play through of DaS1. Took a while for me to forgive, sat in it's case for a month after being disappointed with the first couple hours of the game, but I eventually managed to enjoy it for what it is instead of for what I hoped it would be. It's got issues that make me yell at it every time I play it, but DaS1 makes me yell what with its fucking button queue issue too.
>>
>>379356493
It's not hard though. Just tedious, because the mechanics of combat are unsuited for the challenges they throw at you. The difficulty comes from the controls, not the enemies.
>>
>>379356386
>DS3 is popular, DS2 is not.
>Shitposters start posting contrarian opinions
>Bait is effective, so shitposting multiplies
>this means DS2 is better!
>>
>>379355903
DkS2 was my first and I still think DKS1 is better than DKS3 and DKS2.

I just don't hate DKS2 as much as /v/ does.
>>
>>379355903
>order of play
1, 2, des, bb, 3
>order of good
1 = bb > 2 > 3 = des
>>
>>379355368
>>379355621
>>379355817
Dancer is the ultimate Circle Strafe Right: The Pick of Destiny boss.
Literally can't hit you if you just casually walk to the right.
>>
>>379352561
>>379351681
That OP is playing on a toaster and can't into WEBM very good.
>>
>>379356395
Does that girl's...I want to say signature move? Does it have a name?
And I know everybody knows it's fake, but how can anybody look at that and not think it's just play fighting?
>>
>>379356817
>Differing opinions to mine are all bait and shitposting

The only shitposting in this thread is from people like you who aren't even adding to the debate and discussion
>>
>>379355903
DS2 was the first of those games that I played thru and I loved it, tried DS1 afterwards and thought it was great. Then I played DS3 and loved it even more than DS1. I put about 200 hours into DS2 , the level/world design, art direction, enemy encounters, bosses, music etc all felt like a clear step down. it's the worst Souls game
>>
>>379353330
What is this pic supposed to prove, it shows that you spent over a hundred hours in a game that is supposedly trash and even went through with the grind to get most of the achievements. Who's the bitter cuck here?
>>
>>379356395
>benaskren.gif
>>
>>379356102
>>379356293
I JUST REALIZED IT.
DARK SOULS 2 IS A KINGS FIELD GAME.
ITS NOT A SOULS GAME.
>>
I guess I'll always remember DS2 for what it was at the time. I started with DS1, and before 2 released, and had a blast with it, especially the PvP. I played DeS waiting for 2, and when 2 came, I got to experience the full blown adventure that is fresh released Souls game.

All those invasions, broken as shit builds, stupid memes, it was a goddamn blast going into fresh and without expectations.
>>
>>379354517
Only if you make it a joke and attack his bracelets, if you try to fight him without touching his bracelets he is actually a hard fight.
>>
File: 1495921977933.jpg (27KB, 525x459px) Image search: [Google]
1495921977933.jpg
27KB, 525x459px
I'm playing Darks Souls 1 for the first time after all these years thanks to retarded "hardcore game 4 mlg pros: prepare 2 die edition" marketing since I don't really play my games on hard the first time.
I'm going to play either DS 2 or DS 3 after this one.
Which one has better PvE with less bullshit moments? Is SOTFS really multiple boss/enemy gank ambushes the game?
I have absolutely zero interest in PvP or co-op, even NPC's with retarded AI made the bosses trivial so I actually throwed the boss fights off after I saw how ridiculous they become to start the fight solo.
Also did they really abandoned heavy armor tanking with stable shield and poise? After my rolling ass getting kicked countless times to O&S I killed ultra ornstein in second try with eagle shield and tarkus armor and it felt really good, even tho I didn't continue playing that way it was a nice change of playstyle and I will probably replay it that way before moving on to next game.
>>
>>379359869
I'd say DaS2 SOTFS is a better PvE experience.
>>
>>379353995
pontiff isn't a rollspam fight

that's about it though
>>
>>379359869
Poise still exists in Das2, though if you aren't performing any actions it's halved. I'd say defense in Das2 is actually much more important than it is in Das1, but high adaptability means you'll never get hit anyway.
>>
>>379359869
>Is SOTFS really multiple boss/enemy gank ambushes the game?
No, that is just a dumb meme. SOTFS is stupidly easy to play and even easier to cheese. I'd say it's worth a couple playthroughs, but vanilla bosses are for the most part absolutely terrible. After your first run I recommend you rush to the DLC's as fast as you possibly can.
And I do recommend you do multiple runs of DaS2, as PvE build variety is one of it's by far biggest strengths and is probably the reason DaS2 even has a remaining fanbase. Want to do a lmao2kat run in DaS2? Go ahead my man, you even have options within that variety of weapons to use and powerstanced or regular. Want to do a lmao2kat run in DaS3? Lol to bad faggot, enjoy waiting for your single dual katana weapon put right at the very end of the game. DaS2 magic is also arguably the most fun, but also very broken and easy like most magic.
DaS3 is a better PvE experience overall in just about every way. But while DaS2 has shitty world design DaS3 has shitty AND linear world design, so every run after your first gets worse and worse. Play them in order, do all the DLCs.
>>
>>379359869
Both have bullshit, anyone convincing themselves otherwise is deluded
>>
>>379360763
>Poise still exists in Das2

It might as well not though. Poise break points are fucked, pretty much any weapon in the game 2handed can stun through heavy armour.
>>
>>379361052
That's only for PVP though. In PVE it still works like normal.
>>
>>379351681
Hmm what? hmm you are a faggot? thats all I can see.
>>
>>379361204
True, on the flipside a lot of enemies have stupidly high poise particularly the DLCs.

I guess it stops players button mashing through the game.
>>
File: 1496791159352.jpg (37KB, 513x552px) Image search: [Google]
1496791159352.jpg
37KB, 513x552px
>DaS 2 apologists are now complaining that DaS 3 bossfights are zoo "cinematic" and not hard enough.
>>379355273
>>379353330
Dark Souls was never EVER about hard bossfights.
>>
>>379361617
dark souls is almost entirely about the boss fights, the feeling of beating o&s for the first time after a weekend of getting the shit kicked out of you
>>
>>379361617
>Dark Souls was never EVER about hard bossfights
Tell that to Memezaki, who buffed the everloving shit out of every DLC boss health bar to ridiculous levels for no reason other than to make them "harder"
>>
>>379361713
O&S were easy. It's on par in with Gaping Dragon in terms of difficulty difficulty and strategy as well.
>>379361824
DaS 3?
>>
File: ds.png (982KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ds.png
982KB, 2000x2000px
Let's just get this outta the way...
>>
>>379362138
once you know how to play the game, sure. years on and I can breeze them

but when you're a fucking scrub crawling your way along without even knowing half the combat mechanics because they're never taught to you, it's a different story
>>
>>379362141
Literally couldn't agree more.
>>
>>379362261
After Sif every boss fight was easy for me.
>>
>>379362138
>DaS 3?
Yes, in terms of HP alone every boss in TRC has like 3x the amount of HP compared to bosses in the base game (except maybe Spear but that fight is a meme), and on top of that many of them have ridiculously high defenses to the point where you hit half as hard.

I'm pretty sure Gael has an EHP value of at least 3x SoC's
>>
File: 1496634143712.png (876KB, 2000x2037px) Image search: [Google]
1496634143712.png
876KB, 2000x2037px
>>379362141
ftfy
>>
>>379362746
>look mom I switched one spot around!
>>
>>379362141
>DaS2
>rehash

They changed so much shit, that's why people moan about it.
>>
File: 1496311015820.jpg (152KB, 511x471px) Image search: [Google]
1496311015820.jpg
152KB, 511x471px
>>379362921
Namely?
>>
i like both games & both fights

fume knight is cooler. gael has been good for dogge memes
>>
Yesterday i played Demons Souls for the first time.
Instant my fav souls game. Holy shit, the atmosphere is great and the ost is top notch.

And it is so much slower and tactical as the successors. Shield > Rolling
>>
>>379356485

Yep, so good they copy/pasted it like 4x
>>
>>379363021
Instant warping
Bonfire repairs
Ascetics
Soul memory
Meaningful NG+ cycles
Interesting covenants
Reworked combat
Worldwide pvp/invasions

Off the top of my head. DaS3 borrows a lot of mechanics from DaS2.
>>
File: 1491261754922.jpg (33KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491261754922.jpg
33KB, 398x500px
>>379360206
>>379360763
>>379360824
>>379360851
Thanks anons, I will play SOTFS next then.
>>
Never understand people who defend DS2 in comparision to other souls games, when its objectively the worst. Its not a bad game by any means, but its definitely the worst souls game.
>>
>>379362746
Your opinion is console tier. Consider switching back to Sports Franchise 2017, bro.
>>
>>379363515

I think its more that people have to rush in to jizz over DS1 and absolutely shit over DS2 when in reality they are both great games.

There is just no middle ground here on /v/ people have to either love something or absolutely hate it to feel they are fitting in.
>>
File: darkeater.jpg (202KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
darkeater.jpg
202KB, 1280x720px
Can we agree that Midir is the best dragon fight?
>>
>>379352387
5th post best post
Ds3 fights are flashy, anime trash
>>
>>379363694
that image is flawed, but only because it uses the word "kino" and it disregards Demon's Souls for being dated.
>>
>>379363798
>hp bloat the boss

Nah. Give me Kalameet.
>>
>>379363943
it is dated
>>
>>379359832
How hard?
>>
>>379355872
I like both fights. What's that make me?
>>
>>379353107
Fucking monkey
>>
>>379363996
didn't say it wasn't
just said you're a pleb if you can't appreciate old things on the basis of how old they are
>>
File: 1496486143418.jpg (118KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
1496486143418.jpg
118KB, 600x523px
>>379363465
>reworked combat
Am I laffin
And you almost convinced me aforementioned shit mattered.
Don't forget that precious torch feature they mentioned in a couple dedicated videos.
>>
>>379362141
>>379362746
dumb kinoposter
>>
>>379351681
I don't think anyone debates that DaS2 is better than DaS3, what is this webm trying to say?
>>
>>379364218
the torch feature could have been interesting if there were more areas that required it, and if the lighting engine hadn't been gutted before release
>>
>>379354309
>>dancer

Fucking dancer
>>
>>379364258
dumb "dumb X poster" poster
>>
>>379352125
You mean DS1, it's even slower than DS2 and with 4 direction rolling it's really fucked.
>>
>>379355817
Doing like, five consecutive perfect rolls through her spin everytime her sword came around is one of my favorite ds experiences. It was so fucking smooth, made me feel like I was literally dancing through her blades. Good thing I was wearing the masters robes, I came out unscathed, but alas, my clothes went to tatters
>>
>>379363203
Atmosphere will always trump tweaked combat mechanics in these games.
>>
>>379361824
No, they were buffed because the player is OP by default due to rolls costing barely any stamina.

The DS3 DLC bosses are around the level of DS1 and DS2 DLC bosses respectively, the rest of DS3 is just easymode by comparison.
>>
>>379364347
>b-but SOTFS fixed it and made it viable in two areas
I also love that instant warp is in pros list now.
Everyone hated that at launch but when they saw how From stitched the world it became a saving feature.
>>
>>379363203
No, DS1 and DS2 are the slow and tactical ones.
Rolling is overpowered as even in DeS because armor is pointless because there's no poise.

It's easily the worst game in the series and has utter shit bosses.
>>
File: 1496251072324.jpg (52KB, 479x355px) Image search: [Google]
1496251072324.jpg
52KB, 479x355px
Plebs that didn't started with DeS need NO APPLY.
>>
>>379364693
Doesn't change the fact that their HP is retardedly high

Sir Alonne took like 3 minutes to kill; Gael takes like 8 minutes
>>
>>379364793
yeah, the only reason not having warp accessible from the beginning is DS1 worked was because the world was put together so well. Then, the moment you get the warp ability, the levels branch out. Being able to warp at the beginning of Ds2 isn't bad, but it's a symptom of being disappointed in how the world was put together.
>>
File: kalameet psychic hugs.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kalameet psychic hugs.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>379363798
Midir seems cool until you get the hang of his fight and realize he only really has 2 or 3 moves and is perfectly happy to loop them over and over until his health is low enough to trigger his AOE then goes right back to claw claw firebreath or bite bite "lmao chase me" charge, and if you get unlucky he flies away and does one of the big "cinematic" time waster attacks that look cool but are just annoying once you've seen them a couple times. And he's got so much health that going through the fight any way except the optimal strategy with a high damage non-resisted weapon is a painfully dull grind.

I love his animations and design and pretty much everything about the fight except the way it actually plays out. Unfortunately that's the most important part of a fight, so I have to give it to Kalameet overall, by a bit.
And as cool as his godzilla laser is, Kalameet's telekinesis is cooler.
>>
>>379365051
2 or 3 moves is a bit of an understatement, but he does feel limited. I agree with everything else you said though
>>
>>379364218
>poise changed to break points against specific attacks
>active parry frames take into account both your shield and the enemy attack
>hyperarmour
>ADP affecting i-frames and item use speed
>full free aim, you can adjust mid-swing
>powerstancing
>animation cancelling
>no backstab warping
>cursed on death
>status effects changed

Sorry but how did they not rework combat from the ground up?
>>
File: 1450061643485[1].gif (493KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
1450061643485[1].gif
493KB, 500x270px
>>379364878
>not starting with Kings Field
Might I suggest you you are the real plebian here.
>>
>>379351681
Wow, they were right when they said DS3 is an anime
>>
>>379365276
>full free aim, you can adjust mid-swing
It varies. DS2 had way less freedom between attacks, in 1 you could attack in any direction from any direction on pretty much any weapon because you could change angles instantly in the recovery between swings where 2 would limit you to a ~45degree shift between straight sword r1s for example. But most fast weapons in 1 would lock you into a direction earlier than some weapons in 2. Great weapons are pretty much the same, except 2 introduced that pivoting while locked on thing that is generally just worse than switching between locked and unlocked.
>>
>>379365347
kf and st are kusoge tier
>>
>>379365347
savage
>>
File: 172967645.jpg (58KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
172967645.jpg
58KB, 507x338px
>>379365347
>Not starting with ultima underworld, the true inspiration for the inspirarion of the series
It's like you're trying to be a plebian.
>>
>>379355298
B-but s-sif
>>
Can someone remind me:

Was there ever any conclusive evidence on whether being in the covenant of champions makes enemies and bosses more aggressive/faster?
>>
/v/ give me your opinions

Dark Souls 2 (Dx9/ps3/360) + All DLC

or

Dark Souls 2 Scholar of the First Sin Edition (Dx11)
>>
>>379355298
That's funny, because Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins are the same quality as most DaS2 levels.
>>
>>379365973
Yes.
>>
>>379365726
DaS2's PvP would be chaos if straight swords/rapiers/katanas had no angle restriction after committing to an attack, two handed will stunlock anything.

It's a fair balance imo, faster weapons have to be precise. Whereas ultra greatswords can swing the full 180 degrees because they're much slower.
>>
>>379355903

I've played every Souls game (plus Bloodborne) all the way through within a week of release so far.

I believe Dark Souls 2 comes closest to being perfect, although Demon's Souls is my favorite.
>>
File: 1413695848580.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1413695848580.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>379351681
I didn't even realize they were different games
>>
>>379360313
Pontiff definitely is, I don't know what you're smoking.
>>
>>379355298
>0
I never got this meme
It definitely drops off a bit, but the only actually bad area in the whole game is Lost Izalith/Bed of Chaos. After they nerfed the shit out of the dragon butts even Lost Izalith isn't anything worse than annoying and ugly.
New Londo is at least 7/10, the Archives+crystal caves is around there too, maybe a 6, and Tomb of Giants is kinda neat and short enough that even if you hate it it only takes a minute or two to run to Nito.
Then the Kiln is simple but really atmospheric and there's nothing to really dislike there, and the DLC is great.
The first half is better, but the second half is by no means terrible overall.
>>
>>379355298
Shrine of Amana

Aldia's Keep was also pretty disappointing because it looked like it was going to be awesome from the first two rooms but then it's basically a fucking hallway.
>>
>>379366425
it isn't if you parry cheese him like gwyn
>>
>>379355298

If DS1 is 60 - 0
DS2 is 45 mph all the time

That makes Demon's Souls a slow but tense drive on a stormy mountain road.
Dark Souls 3 is 75 mph constantly but you keep running off the road and tearing your tires up.
Bloodborne is a 250 mph screech down a 500 foot track.
>>
>>379351681
>Shitting on basically the best ds2 boss
>>
>>379366567
DS3 parrying is shit so I didn't even bother.
>>
>>379351681
Good job highlighting exactly why I don't like DS3 in webm format, I guess.
>>
>>379366614
t. banana user
>>
If op wanted a real anime fight comparison then he should have compared that das3 boss to alonne or ivory king.
>>
>>379355298
4 kings is fun, literally in the impenetrable darkness of the abyss itself when these 4 ghostly mother fuckers just APPEAR. IN A PLACE WHERE LITERALLY NOTHING EXISTS
thats true horror kino
>>
File: yysKD1ufnwh1o2.gif (1MB, 268x328px) Image search: [Google]
yysKD1ufnwh1o2.gif
1MB, 268x328px
>>379357713
>DaS2
>Everything related to the atmosphere is either mediocre or botched.
>>
>>379366790
Ivory King is the one thing about 2 that I will always love.

>great design
>kickass lore
>interesting mechanic that has the player explore the zone for an advantage in the boss fight

Fuck Fume, fuck Sir Weeb, Ivory King is the biggest dick G in Dark souls 2.
>>
Base Dark Souls 2 PvE is garbage and the PvP doesn't make up for it in any way. There are only 3 good bosses in the base game:

>Smelter Demon
>Mirror Knight
>Darklurker

The rest are painfully average at best
>>
>>379351681
God DS3 is awful, its superficially a Souls game, they couldn't have just left all that retarded anime shit in the BB games could they
>>
>>379363465
This. If anything DS3 is a fucking rehash.
>more than half of armor sets are from DS1 and 2
>combat isn't even like DS anymore but BB
>>
>>379367164
velstadt for 4 total
>>
>>379356192
I never understood this complaint, there's a ring in this game you can get at the start that staggers enemies. That combined with the fact you can hit multiple dudes with one swing over and over again makes gangs of guys no problem. Literally git gud.
>>
>>379367340

you don't even understand how the poise system works, so of course you don't understand his complaint
>>
Why do people like Dark Souls 2's PVP. It's the worst thing about DS2 and the worst PVP in the series.
>>
How are people complaining about DS2 being "clunky".
Niggers, have you ever payed DS1 or as it so long that you don't even remember and your nostalgia goggles speaking for you. Go fucking play DS1 again and the come back and tell me DS2 is clunky. DS2 is butter smooth compared to that shit
>>
>>379366790
That fight isn't anime either. He's slow as fuck like the rest of DaS2 bosses. Just has a fancy intro and arena.
>>
>>379351681
Fume Knight phase 1 was super fucking easy to the point I was able to avoid most of his greatsword attacks without rolling, only thing that hit was the quick stabs from his longsword

But

Holy fuck am I bad at his second phase. The only way I ever beat him was intentionally baiting the estus smash that makes his sword glow and stops him moving to phase 2, because the second he breaks out the laser swipes I have no clue how to deal with that bods.

I think it's the most dramatic shift in difficulty between phases of any souls boss, which is weird to me because apparently other people find the second phase EASIER and will wear velstadts helm to trigger it early.

I didn't know you could parry the orbs though, that would have saved me a lot of deaths
>>
WHAT DID THEY DO TO FAITH HOLY SHIT. I just started replaying this game after like 4-5 years. I thought dark souls 3 had terrible faith and that's one of the reason i stopped playing. But fuck man i remember being able to wreck bosses with great lightning spear, now lightning spear only has 3 uses and does 50 DAMAGE FUCK. Why did they nerf faith so hard in 2 and 3? it was fine for PvE. I'm mad.
>>
>>379366429
DaS2 apologists need a way to deflect the shittiness of their game. Nothing in DaS1 comes even close to the awfulness that is the Gutter, old Shrine of Amana, Frigid Outskirts, Earthen Peak, Harvest Valley, Iron Keep, and Black Gulch. And unlike DaS, there are no amazing areas to make up for them. The whole game just ranges from mediocre, to downright atrocious
>>
>>379367606
why the fuck would you parry the orbs
just walk through the gaps/roll through them
>>
>>379367641
miyahacki watched the dsp video and forced the das2 team to nerf the shit out of faith
>>
>>379367641
They cut the uses down to a third. It does eventually get good enough to use, it's just not as good as the other forms of casting now.
>>
File: 1443526757029.png (223KB, 474x530px) Image search: [Google]
1443526757029.png
223KB, 474x530px
>>379367374
>Is bad at game
>complains game is too hard
>is told how to make it easy and why complaint is invalid
>no bro you just don't understand how the game works XD
Reporting in with 200+ hours, you're retarded it's official, go collect your autism bucks you qualify.
>>
>>379367491
No. 2 is the slowest game in the series by far, even slower than 1 by a large margin.

Even ignoring all the tedious things they went back in and added like estus being slower, fog walls not being invulnerable and losing kick for that dumb guard break, the general pace of combat and animations is slower.
>>
>>379365803
>not Pong
Back to kindergarten kiddo
>>
>>379355903
Order of play:
DaS > DeS > DaS2 > BB > DaS3

I was let down by DaS2 when it came out in comparison to those that had come before it. But since then, I think it's the one Souls game I've played more than any of the others. There's so much build variety, so much shit you can do with the dual-wielding system.

Best Souls game for PvP, best Souls game to replay, best Souls game for sheer amount of content, only Souls game that actually adds and changes things in NG+ cycles. There are better boss encounters, characters and lore to be found in the other games, mind you.
>>
>>379368203
Oh - and adaptability is the worst stat in any of the Souls games, bar none. Can't sing the praises of DaS2 without mentioning that bullshit.
>>
File: RideToHell.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RideToHell.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
Just came here to say, that none of the souls games sucked and that I'm really happy this series exists.
You retards just lost touch with reality. You forgot how to enjoy games and rate them by your dumb standards, which are laughable to anyone, who's not on this board.

pic related is a shitty game
>>
>>379351681
ds2 is really dreadfully slow. aside from that both are pretty good bosses in their respective games.
>>
File: Dragonslayer Armour.webm (2MB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonslayer Armour.webm
2MB, 500x250px
>>379351681
Dragonslayer Armour > Fume Knight
>>
>>379351681
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY
WHAT HAVE I BECOME
>>
>>379367767
>>379367714
>tfw played faith in Ds1 and Ds2 at launch
>was my favorite thing ever
>never wanted to play anything else
>ds3 comes along
>so buttmad that they nerfed faith i sold the game
>"well at least i have faith in ds2 and it's good"
>FUCK
It's just not the same, these games will never be the same to me.
>>
>>379368391
it's great in das3 now (only lategame though)
>>
>>379351681
Old Iron King was best dlc, Ivory King had best boss
>>
>>379355298
>>379366429
I genuinely thought Lost Izalith was good. I liked that it boiled down to what was essentially a Boss Rush. Bed of Chaos is bad design but I preferred it to New Londo and Tomb of the Giants design wise (although 4 Kings and Nito destroy BoC)
>>
>>379367491
I think you're misunderstanding what people mean when they say clunky.
DaS1 is tight as fuck, inputs are tied directly and predictably to character action, responses are quick and you rarely feel like you get locked into an animation you didn't intentionally trigger. It does require a bit of getting used to, primarily qith the 4way rolling, but oncw you get the muscle memory down you have the most exacting, snappy control of your character of any game in the series.
Dark Souls 2 in comparison feels like a sloppy mess. Movement deadzones, awful sluggish walking and direction changes, janky animations that don't match their momentum, that terrible omni-direction forward roll combined with the sluggish rotation that fucks with rolling attacks, i-frames and roll distance in general being wildly variable all with the same animation, massive hitstun with no animation other than your character sliding backwards, the netcode not being able to keep up with spinning, the list is huge because the game is a cobbled together mess of scraps salvaged from a scrapped attempt at something that was going to look and play completely differently, but was so awful that they canned that director and Tanimura had to do what he could to pick up the pieces.
>>
>>379368521
Bed of Chaos was horrible the first time but it's not so bad on replays. I enjoy it more than most of DS3's bosses, even.
>>
>>379364693
Of course you found ds3 easier after playing through ds 1 and 2. What the hell did you expect?
>>
>>379368640
are you retarded? curse rotted greatwood is literally a better more challenging boss than BoC, and the area itself is blatantly incomplete and rushed. DSIII actually did the area better when everythingin it was dead and old demon king was a decent boss.
>>
>>379368315
>random projectiles from offscreen
"No"
>>
>>379363798
Sinh was better
>>
I leik life gems Ds2 > 3 because od liyfe gemes
>>
>>379368921
>some people on /v/ have a problem with this

you realize you don't need to avoid projectiles until the absolute last seconds right? You can just leave DA he has virtually no pursuit or roll catches. If you think offscreen projectiles are bad you must not have played the other games that have no end of boss gimmicks.
>>
>>379368487
Can you 3 shot bosses with sunlight spear? And how late game? I hate when they give you all the cool stuff at the end of the game for like the last 2-3 bosses, BB was the worst for this.
>>
>>379369064
>it's easy, so that makes it ok
No.
>>
>>379368984
>downsy bargain-bin Kalameet from the Rathalos school of boss behavior
>better

Midir is far from my favorite boss in anything but fuck, man. Sinh is a derivative, bland mess.
>>
>>379367285
Fine ill give you that one
>>
>>379351681
>The boss is more of a Dark Souls boss because it's shittier!

DaSII apologists are delusional
>>
File: poise.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
poise.webm
3MB, 600x336px
>>379369159
no, das3 bosses are not a joke like earlier games
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>379364290
>>
>>379368984
Fuck off. Sinh's shit, easy as fuck. This coming from someone who actually likes DaS2. And someone who considers Kalameet to be the GREATEST BOSS FIGHT OF ALL TIME
>>
>>379369479
Kalameet is easier though.
>>
>>379351681
Slave Knight Gael was surprisingly easy. I beat him on my first try, and I had lost like 8 times to Prince Lothric on that same run.
>>
File: tumblr_onl65dWKu61ufnwh.gif (2MB, 540x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onl65dWKu61ufnwh.gif
2MB, 540x276px
>>379363798
YES. It's like a real Dragon SINH looks like a fucking lizard
>>
>>379368921
>implying those projectiles ever hit you
>>
File: 1465566998245.png (305KB, 1000x946px) Image search: [Google]
1465566998245.png
305KB, 1000x946px
DS3 first timer scrub.

Question. I found Rosaria, she can apparently respec me. If I choose so, is it viable to respec to something Pyromancer-like or Faith-like from my shitty unoptimized strength build? Or does starting from the beginning with Pyro or Faith yield better bonuses/results?

I'd like to try other builds as well but really not feeling up to starting over and lose all those weapon upgrades and other items. Does Pyro get something like infinite base fireballs or something?
>>
>>379369674
The rats from the Authority never hit me either, yet you see people complaining about them when they're easily despatchable before the fight even starts.
>>
>>379369617
Impossible. Never once had trouble with Sinh - never once DIED to Sinh - whereas Kalameet always makes me sweat. First time I beat that mother, I practically had a heart attack.

I don't know where any praise for Sinh comes from. I mean, is he super resistant to caster shitters or something? Multiple characters, multiple builds, never had a problem.
>>
>>379352387
the rollspam is more fun though
>>
>>379369436
>use one of the most broken weapons in the game
>abuse poise
>surprised it's a joke
It's not hard to cheese these games but still.
>>
File: 1475998535206.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1475998535206.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>Like every game in the series
>Don't have to whine, bitch, and nitpick over which is the best
I'm glad my autism is concentrated in other areas.
>>
>>379369756
The only thing that changes are your stats. Your weapon upgrades stay the same. Your stats will still be based off your starting character class, however, but it's not really an issue unless you care about min-maxing.
>>
>>379369756
Well obviously you should still have upgraded pyro/faith equipment and some actually decent spells, if you have that then there won't really be any issue with just switching over. If you have Chaos Bed Vestiges then the game becomes easy mode
>>
>>379369930
Why is DaS3's dragon form so shit?? We went from fuzzy buff dragon to sweet armor to anorexic goat.
>>
>>379369789
Then you are new to how the series goes or something.
Did you really just force me to post this?
>>
>>379370173
I liked the dragon head in 3. Admittedly the body was a bit too anorexic.
>>
File: 1463594606594.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
1463594606594.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>379370019
What I was wondering was more along the lines of "Do the starting magic classes have some specific bonuses that help more, like infinite charges of base flames or something like that". I guess it doesn't so I'll go ahead and lab it up a bit.

>>379370038
I actually do have that spell. Finished Ariandel yesterday mostly, between exploring it and the base game I've gathered some nice spells and magic equipment. The rest is farming for upgrades, I'll deal.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>379352387
>actually hard boss
Its slow and clunky now, nice fucking memoryfagging
>rollspam
Every fast boss requires that...and its not surprising you hate fast bosses if you are complementing slow trash like DS2
>>
>>379355298
whats wrong with nito

and how is lava thighs better than being assaulted by a horde of babby skeles
>>
>>379370324
>"Do the starting magic classes have some specific bonuses that help more, like infinite charges of base flames or something like that"
No - they begin with some spells, equipment, and their base stats are aligned toward using said spells. So you can min-max better if you pick them with specific builds. The difference is completely irrelevant in PvE.
>>
Why did they make invasion items finite? That's fucking stupid and detracts from the game and PvP not to mention soul memory.
>>
>>379364045
someone who has something better to do with their time than be mad about games on an anonymous imageboard
>>
File: fuck you chosen undead.png (112KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you chosen undead.png
112KB, 300x500px
>>379370430
Right, cheers. On the subject of minmax, normally I'd say it doesn't really matter even for PvP based on my experience with DS1 but holy fuck I can't say that confidently about 3. Feels like minmaxing goes miles ahead in that department now. Actually hate PvP in this, every single player I've come across is max dex and something else, sometimes strength as well but dex almost always. Can't do shit with strength or heavy weaponry.
>>
>>379370792
>On the subject of minmax, normally I'd say it doesn't really matter even for PvP based on my experience with DS1
Wasn't min-maxing pretty prevalent in DS1 as well? I mean, did you forget this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyA8odjCzZ4
>>
>>379355903
>play one on xbawx then DeS then 2 and 3
>still like 2 in general more than 3 its just comfy
>>
>>379369294
Derivative of what?
>>
>>379370337
Well, the games have completely different paces, but the important thing is that they're consistent between them. In a side-by-side DS2 is blatantly slower than DS3, but after a few hours of playing both games merely feel... "average". You get accustomed to whatever pace the game sets, and what really matters is how the enemies fit with that pace.

Both Gael and Fume Knight excel at one thing above all else: punishing the hell out of panic rolls. Their movesets are perfectly timed to bait you into rolling right into their next attack, so no matter how slow or fast paced the battle is, you have to be constantly alert and consciously timing your rolls at the last possi moment.

Hell, there are some attack strings from Gael that I still don't know how to dodge through, and I suspect the difference is that somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd hit I have to actually delay my next roll by a fraction of a second to make sure I'm not clipped by the back of the sword.

That's fun. Learning how to beat Gael was a blast, as it was with Fume Knight. The flashy moves and lightning were just window dressing.
>>
>>379371057
yeah, for poise breakpoints and 25% load
weapons didn't matter much because pvp was all backstabs
>>
File: 20160608012743_1.jpg (374KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160608012743_1.jpg
374KB, 1920x1200px
>>379371057
Ofc I do, its just from personal exp I had decent fights for the most part against these types even without minmaxing myself using a variety of weapons. I dunno maybe I need to reach 125SL in DS3 as well to see some viability, not there yet.

Doing cosplay PvP in DS1 was fun as shit as long as I had the "PvP in these games is unbalanced anyways" mixup in my mind for cases where extreme bullshit was involved.
>>
File: 1411766186825.jpg (76KB, 574x824px) Image search: [Google]
1411766186825.jpg
76KB, 574x824px
>>379363798
>spend half the fight chasing this faggot with 15k+ HP as you keep whiffing while he autisically flails around

Fuck Midir. Easily the most annoying fight in DaS3.
>>
>>379371057
>sl13 fatroll giantdad invading in burg
fun
>>
>>379371057
That's not even particularly good. Zwei is easy mode for PvE but extremely predictable in PvP.

The best builds in DS1 are the same as they are in all the Souls games: katanas and straight swords because they've got fast, versatile movesets with good range and just enough damage to hurt, especially with buffs.

Anything that is not a Katana or a straight sword is, in some sense, suboptimal. That doesn't mean it's bad, or wrong, but when you pick up that Greatsword you have to know you're giving up something when you could have had everything.

(for the sake of the argument I'm including DS3 curved swords as Katanas. It's a fucking silly distinction anyways)
>>
>>379371057
Accidentally invading a fight club as Giant Dad was one of my favorite PvP experience in the Souls games.
>>
>>379371057
Even the mighty Giant Dad was useless against the lag stabs of DS1.
>>
Was Raime secretly a robot?
>>
>>379369781
youre a lying fuck
>>
>>379371907
das1 poise was just broken, you could sprint straight through a zwei swing and backstab for 3x as much damage
>>
>>379371505
Stay just in front of his head. It sounds insane and feels that way the first few tries, but his frontal attacks are a lot easier to avoid the more you get used to them and almost always leave him wide open for a few good boops on the snoot. With a fast enough weapon you can easily sneak hits while he's idling between attacks too.

In my experience trying to run for his feet or his tail just makes him more aggressive and unpredictable. He seems like he was designed as a final "fuck you" to the players who think circle strafing and attacking the hind legs is the only way to win.

Also when he flies up and lays down a carpet of fire you can literally just run straight to the right (iirc) and avoid it 100% of the time. I saw a guide with tens of thousands of views and the only tip he had for that move was "Uh, I don't think it's possible to dodge this one so make sure you have Fire Resistance as high as possible". He also recommended always attacking Midir's tail and hind legs, so that shows what kind of a dumbfuck would think that's a good strategy.

I mean, shit, it WORKS but he said it took the boss almost half an hour to beat and if a boss ever takes that fucking long in anything that's not a JRPG, you are doing something wrong.
>>
>>379372150
61 poise is a hell of a lot, sides if zweibro wants to he can just hit the fagstabber out of the backstab.
>>
File: 1496050901061.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1496050901061.webm
3MB, 768x432px
God how can anyone think 2 is the best? It's so fucking clunky and slow as dirt with horrendous hitboxes
>>
>>379372190
you run to the left not the right
>>
File: 1399948260626.jpg (173KB, 1165x827px) Image search: [Google]
1399948260626.jpg
173KB, 1165x827px
>>379369930
Feels great.
>>
>>379372472
OK, that's right, it's been a few months.

The point is Midir really isn't as difficult or as grueling as people make him out to be, and I think that's largely because they're fighting him wrong and they're learning from players who also fought him wrong. If you can beat Gael, you can beat Midir easily. All that health barely means shit when he's got a 2x damage multiplier on his face and a LOT of free damage opportunities if you stay in front of it.
>>
>>379372368
>people think this is fast
lmao, this is 0.25 the speed of any cuhrayzee game
>>
File: 1103638.jpg (18KB, 341x420px) Image search: [Google]
1103638.jpg
18KB, 341x420px
>>379351681
>Fume Knight
>takes precision rolling and attack times
>Gayle
>LOL spam roll and R1
>>
>>379373148
It's fast compared to Dark Souls. Are you merely pretending?
>>
>>379370204
>Beat Kalameet
>Beat Sinh
>New to the series

The fact is, Sinh is objectively the easiest dragon boss in any of the games, bar the red dragon from DaS2 that barely qualifies as a boss. This is objective fact and cannot be contested.

CHECK. MATE.
>>
>>379373245
Dark Souls wasn't trying to be a straight up action game, BB was and is just mediocre compared to NG, DMC, etc.
>>
>>379372368
I want to someday play BB just for the grafix. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see they are the best of the whole soulsborne series. DS3 was a downgrade in comparison, better than all others of course but the difference is clear. Why the downgrade since DS3 came after, I can't understand.
>>
>>379373381
Yeah, that's why it baffles me that people call BB a Souls game.
>>
>>379373245
Nah, it's just that I've seen people claim it's the fastest game ever. Definetly faster than dark souls.
>>
>>379371381
Gael's main thing was that he had lagging hitboxes after each of his attacks in the second and third phases. If you dodge too quickly, you'd get hit by the red soulsy after effect of the attack, rather than the physical side of the attack. So yeah, you have to be as precise as possible with those dodges if you want to avoid the attacks properly.

Gael was great fun, though. It really did feel like a dance rather than a fight.
>>
>>379373312
The real fact is Kalameet being the easiest one.

Now, cutting its tail midfight, yeah that is hard.
>>
>>379373403
Simultaneous dev cycles + none of that sweet Sonymonies.
>>
>>379373470
Probably because it's literally souls with renamed items and slightly different combat
>>
>>379357778
>you can't dislike game because you didn't play it enough!
>you can't dislike game because you played it too much!
>>>/gamefaqs/
>>
File: cia butt.jpg (22KB, 351x293px) Image search: [Google]
cia butt.jpg
22KB, 351x293px
>>379355903
>>
>>379355298
It may have seemed like the game never dropped its quality to "completely irredeemable garage" because the ENTIRE game was completely irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>379373483
Specifically I was referring to his first-phase "berserk" attack where he roars before unleashing a huge attack string. I eventually learned to just run away and treat it like an AoE thing, but part of me still thinks I might have been able to stick close and dodge roll through the whole string with the proper timing.

I don't want to play through the whole goddamned game just to get back to Gael though. That's a thing that always frustrated me about the Souls games: no manual saving means there's no simple way to replay a fun boss (by yourself) besides simply... playing through the whole game up to that same point again. It's like a roller coaster that's fucking awesome for about five minutes and then it spits you out at the back of a two-hour line.
>>
>>379360824
I'll ask, how far does the magic starts to be useful? Because in Dark Souls 3 and Bloobborne they become useful near the middle of the game.
>>
>>379374607
Almost immediately. You can get your first hex and a set of gear that will last you the rest of the game within an hour. The stat investments are kind of steep but considering the fact that you'll be killing everything from a mile away, it's not really an issue.

You can even use an Ascetic on The Rotten to gain his NG+ soul early which can be transmuted into a greatsword which can--eventually--deal the highest damage of any weapon in the game. Magic is hella broken in DS2 and anyone who doesn't use it is a chump.
>>
>>379374898
Neat. I'll do a magic / strenght build on SotFS next.
>>
>>379375039
Hell yes you will.

From Fextralife:

>Crypt Blacksword

>By default it deals Dark damage, it can also be infused with Darknight Stone and buffed with Dark Weapon, best for hexers with high Strength, Intelligence and Faith.
>Once infused with Dark, it deals an obscene amount of Dark damage provided if you have 65 intelligence + Faith above, a perfect melee weapon for hexers.
>At 45 str/dex, 45 int, and 63 faith, while infused with Dark and wearing Ring of Blades +2 and Dark Clutch Ring, it has an astounding AR of 870 (266+65 Phys damage, 218+320 Dark damage). With Dark Weapon applied that brings the weapons total AR to 1067.
>It receives S scaling on Dark if infused with Dark.
>>
>>379375534
>fextralife
lmao, also
>65 int + faith
>shit blacksword
>dark clutch ring
probably one of the worst builds I've ever seen in my entire life
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.