[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck went wrong with this series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

What the fuck went wrong with this series?
>>
File: 1473094827915.jpg (23KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473094827915.jpg
23KB, 500x375px
>>379348110
It began.
>>
A dogged insistence of uninspired gritty future fare when all the fans wanted was modern warfare with modern gadgets that they can relate to. Oh, and they ruined all the great characters established by COD4 & MW2.
>>
It became popular with COD4 and they've been milking it dry ever since
>>
Yearly releases killed this series

Yearly releases killed Ass Creed

The only game with yearly releases and still not 100% dead is Pokemon.
>>
>>379348110
too many yearly releases with no determinable differences post 2008

The gunplay literally did not change since MW1 and that game is 10 years old
>>
>>379348235
>Implying CoD1/2 were bad.
CoD one especially was mind blowing at release, it was way ahead of what other WW2 games like Medal of Honor were doing at the time. It felt like you were in an actual war and the amount of people on screen was impressive, shit was only possible because it wasn't tethered to consoles.
>>
>>379348110
Yearly releases where generally the only difference was the sublte lowering of skill needed to perform decently. As soon as killstreaks started rewarding camping and your secondary weapon could be a dual wielded shotgun it went to complete shit.
>>
>>379348110
Refreshed itself with MW then by the time it got around to BlOps/MW3 it had staled again.

They need another gameplay overhaul to reset the clock again.
>>
It became Titanfall so nothing went wrong.
>>
after years of no good FPSs whatsoever, WWII CoD thats coming up is the last straw.
it's:
>not a moba
>not slow ass boring shit like BF
>not pixel snipping and camping like wannabe sims like squad/rising storm/insurgency
if it's trash I guess I have to drop my favorite genre
>>
>>379348235
CoD salvaged modern FPS after CS dragged it the lowest it could possibly go. It took years but skill-based movement very slowly crept back into mainstream shootan games.
>>
Abandoned the idea of being a soldier in an army for being an action hero in a movie starting with Modern Warfare 2.
>>
It got stuck up it's own ass.
>>
>>>379348110
>It began.
Kek
In all seriousness they should've just let it die. The whole remaster shenanigan with infinite warfare should've been a warning. Cod ww2 is basically the series being sentenced to the electric chair rather than dying in peace.
>>
It's the Activision cycle
>Make well received game
>Turn it into an annual series
>Drop it in a ditch when it flames out

It will join Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk Pro Skater soon.
>>
Treyarch never made another Vietnam game again.
>>
>>379351098
>Modern Warfare 2.
you mean the second best cod game?
>>
>>379351457
people have been saying this for like 6 years
>>
>>379348110
Awful unbalanced mlg gameplay that began with modern warfare 2.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.