[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nemesis System Mixing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: images (1).jpg (10KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
10KB, 294x172px
What games would benefit from something like the Nemesis System?
List the game, and how it would work.

>Dragon's Dogma
>After getting turned into a dragon, create arisen yourself
>Throughout their quest, spurn them on, talk to them like a normal person, or berate them for weakness
>Do shit that affects the kingdom and the quests your arisen Nemesis can undertake
>Fight what you made, an epic battle that takes factors from what the Nemesis is to make a great battle (Archers fight on a giant tower, fighters on a great plain, mages on abnormally shaped land, etc...)

Bonus points: Make a Nemesis for another anon using what they set forth as a base.
>>
Bump of shame.

I just want to see want to see what you all can come up with.
>>
File: CD tether grenades.gif (4MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
CD tether grenades.gif
4MB, 450x253px
Crackdown 3 is supposedly using something like this. Only way to get a kingpin to get out of their fortress is to take out things like their suppliers, money launderers, drug manufacturers, etc.
>>
>>379349223
Hmm... Sounds interesting. I wonder if they will elaborate a bit more sometime during E3.
>>
Fire Emblem might actually benefit from this. I'm not sure how, but all I know is it'd be cool to see units from an earlier chapter return leveled up, or even promoted.
>>
File: 074.gif (78KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
074.gif
78KB, 500x449px
>>379351773
Alright. Your Nemesis will be pic related but evil, have a naginata instead, have Gotham steel pans as pauldrons, and has a surly attitude. Enjoy
>>
Devil May Cry.
At any time you might happen across a badass demon and gotta fight to the death. If they get away, they come back stronger.
They will hunt you down.
>>
>>379348098
Literally every game. We have to go pass the idea of cannon fodder enemies to the personalized unique enemies with personalities that get a stronger response from the player. We're a long, long way from that but this is a nice step. There's literally no game that wouldn't benefit. Imagine rdr2 with dynamically geberated gangs fighting each other and between members. How much better would mgsv had been if unique soldiers could remember fighting you with unique personalities and patterns, not to mention again a system where different groups fought each other (urss vs arabs).

I'd love to see enemies across different levels and seeing then grow so killing them is more significant and harder.
>>
>>379354452
Fuck you. I know this will never happen, but you still hyped me up.
>>
>>379353146
>Sodendo
>A eight legged demon with a torn up business suit. Has the face and personality of a Chad
>First encounter he has a long ass sword, and is able to resist guns from the front. Lop off two of his legs.
>Second encounter he jumps around, can call up beta demons, and is resistant to blades weapons. Can be shot while jumping. Lop off another two legs, shoot his face, break his sword, make him pussy out in front of his beta followers
>Third encounter, he is respectful of you, his broken sword is now coated in poison, he fights you head on with no bs asking you do the same. An audience of the beta demons surrounds and jeers him. Using guns gives him a buff and makes the audience try to fuck with you. Defeat him, he dies, and he thanks you for being a worthy opponent/showing him the values of humility/etc...
>Get his broken poison sword, and it allows you to summon some of those beta demons shits.

Hope you enjoy
>>
>>379348098
you fools, memesis system is nothing but just a generator of busy-work mission on open-world to free up eastern european slave monkeys that they had to use before that to make up all these "collect 10 feathers" type missions

now these type of mission can be generated infinitely -- creating an unending skinner box for the player
>>
>>379354452
I agree with >>379354769 , so fuck you, but in the nicest way. Can't wait for this sort of thing to be existent. Only games I can't imagine improving is shit like Tetris or Crash
>>
>>379355156
Still has more story elements than those said feathers. Can't kill a collectables in a ironic or fun fashion either
>>
>>379348098

Fire Pro Wrestling
>>
File: Eki0AuMi.jpg (32KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
Eki0AuMi.jpg
32KB, 400x353px
>>379357669
>Wrestling game levels of customization

>Max weight + height green man with vest
>Your Nemesis will be either the Green Giant, Shrek, or pic related
>>
>>379348098
>Dragon's Dogma
>After getting turned into a dragon
I think a Dragon's Dogma where you play AS the dragon instead and doing dickery like placing enemies in dungeons and kindapping princesses to draw attention from NPC heroes to come fight you, that's a really strong concept in and of itself.

Like Overlord or Dungeon Keeper but instead of playing as some jackass dressed as Sauron you're a big dragon that can fly over the terrain and watch as the heroes have to walk it, you're throwing down minions from above, carving out a little dungeon with your big scaly arms, attack the castle and kidnap the princess, that sounds pretty fun.
>>
>>379358547
It is something I imagine a lot of people would love to play. It would be nice to see something like that, but all we have that is like that at all is 'Dragon the game' on steam, and that is a Trainwreck. If something like that does come about someday, I just hope it doesn't get the treatment Dungeon Keeper did.

I don't know if I would want that or a 'real' Dragon's Dogma 2 more if forced to pick.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.