[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find ONE flaw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 11

File: header[3].jpg (109KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[3].jpg
109KB, 460x215px
Find ONE flaw
>>
its existence.
>>
Clunky as fuck. Battlefield 4 perfected smooth modern warfare movement.
>>
>>379347534
>implying there's no flaws

Well, that's one.
>>
>>379347534
Revamped animations aren't in yet
they look so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbGVO_MAou4

Also, the inventory system has still sucked since launch and they've been making us wait FOREVER for the inevitable revamp; like what the fuck, I just want to be able to switch between grenade types without it taking ages.
>>
>>379347721
Wrong. Play right now and you'll see youre thinking of old builds
>>
File: 1490657207443.png (167KB, 312x376px) Image search: [Google]
1490657207443.png
167KB, 312x376px
>>379347534
it controls like a balloon underwater and looks like a piece of shit
>>
File: 1493529460360.png (418KB, 623x969px) Image search: [Google]
1493529460360.png
418KB, 623x969px
>>379348468

Both wrong
>>
No AMD cpu support. Crash literally every game and have to run it on low even though I have a 1060 and 16gb of ram. Can play literally any other game at max settings with 60+ fps except this one.
>>
It costs $40 when Project Reality is free.
>>
It's literally an amazing game, and pretty much the only fps I play anymore that I never seem to get bored of

2bh
>>
>>379347534
Shit squad lead could ruin the game for you
Not game's fault i guess
>>
File: squad.jpg (211KB, 781x686px) Image search: [Google]
squad.jpg
211KB, 781x686px
>>379350958
>Squad lead decides to micromanage everybody's actions
>"Jeez guys, seems like Squad 2 and 4 won't talk to me at all. Guhh....!"
>Squad gets wiped due to a bad decision by SL, but what makes it better is that he didn't place a rally point
>A-Alright guys, let's run back!
>Awkward run back
>SL is quiet for the rest of the match
>Squad members ask him for directions, he goes "Sure, whatever"
>Suddenly abandons match at crucial moment
I don't even give a fuck about having a bad SL, everyone has bad matches, or ones where the deck is stacked against you.
But I hate SLs that abandon, especially without passing over the SL position; it turns into a game of hot potato where nobody wants the responsibility and the squad dissolves as a no-mic, no-kit ends up with it.
>>
>>379347534
Flaw #1: SQUAD
>>
>>379347534
No destruction. Shanty shacks made of tiny scrap metal will never fall no matter how many times you shoot at it with rocket launchers.
Buildings are completely bland and empty like they were build a while ago but no one ever set foot in them.
>>
>>379351869

Bullet penetration exists though. Honestly, full destruction would fucking suck for a game like this gameplay wise. Interior decorating doesn't matter to me too much
>>
>>379351954
>destruction would suck
Why? I thought realism was the name of the game. Wouldn't that make maps engaging and dynamic if done well?
>Interior decorating doesn't matter to me
It really makes the maps look flavorless and artificial. The game touts its HD graphics but when you look at a room it looks worse than Minecraft. I've heard that immersion is a big deal to self-proclaimed simulation gamers, so I think it would matter to a lot of people.
>>
>>379352519
Fully destructible fps games are rarely fun in practice in my experience. And realism was never the be-all-end-all of the game's direction. It was a balance of fun and realism.

The environments and models looks nice enough for me. I'm sure they'll make it up to your fashion model sense when the game is further along
>>
>>379352519
>so I think it would matter to a lot of people.
Not him, but I'd like to point out ARMA has the exact same problem.
But hey, Squad's maps are still in active development and literally multiply in size each update.
I wouldn't be surprised to see some more interior decor coming in the future; at least for the maps that need it, most outdoor-based maps actually have quite a bit already.
For maps that already has a bit, I'd probably point out that maps set in Afghanistan/Pakistan realistically don't need more than the mats, pillows, tarps, and whatnot that they already have.
That being said, I'd definitely like to see improvement in the interiors of Al Basrah and other, future urbanized maps. But I mean, it's a new map, so what can you do?
>>
>>379350823
Came here to say that squad's just battlefield 2
>>
>>379352946
It's not, but that's essentially a compliment in todays era of games
>>
>>379352826
>And realism was never the be-all-end-all of the game's direction.

Just wrong, the game just shit all over fun just to appear realistic
>>
>>379353158
Nigger you're fucking retarded.
>>
>>379353158
>the game just shit all over fun just to appear realistic
Explain this
>>
>>379352826
>Fully destructible fps games are rarely fun in practice in my experience.
Nobody said anything about 'fully destructible', but what 'fully destructible fps games' are there? Ace of Spades? Really not what I was thinking of, even though that game was quite fun. Even if I was specifically talking about 'full destruction', I don't see how no game doing it well before is a decent counter-argument at all. Give me an actual argument. Why do you automatically snap to 'full destruction' when I said 'destruction'? Why is it that you seem to think that the game would be less fun with any amount of destruction implemented at all? There's a lot of ways you can implement map destruction and I think it's very naive to say the entire idea is all hogwash.

Not surprising that a player of this sort of game would be very against the idea of anything new though lol
>>
>>379353382
>durrr I'm fucking retardeddd let me blow everything up and force the level design to change with me spamming explosives everywhereee hurrrr

Kill yourself you stupid cunt
>>
>>379347721
battlefield 4 is too smooth,

frankly smooth-movement is overrated in a lot of ways. you're wearing combat boots.

as for OP, there's a flaw in not having much terrain or building destruction, that's about the only thing Battlefield does right.. (other than that Battlefield games are pretty shit due to over-balance and arcadey mechanics)
>>
>>379353450
Here I thought war sim players were intelligent or patient, but maybe they're just ASVAB flunkies.
>>
>>379353450
Nigger BC1 and 2 showed that destruction, even full, was pretty good when handled well, I always loved to see the maps at the end of the match full of ruins and craters
>>
>>379354664
DICE screwed the pooch with destruction in 4, especially in high ticket conquest where by the end the entire battlefield is pretty damned flat, coverless mess.
Weirdly enough Shangai is bad for this despite having indestructible sky scrapers everywhere.
>>
>>379349012
>"Point out one flaw!"
>Multiple flaws are pointed out
>"Y-y-your wrong! That's not true!"

faggot
>>
File: 1418901111293.jpg (240KB, 3800x3760px) Image search: [Google]
1418901111293.jpg
240KB, 3800x3760px
>Server browser is still fucked
>Steam friends join is still fucked
>No connect to IP console command

I don't give a shit about new animations, there's basic shit that needs fixing.
>>
>Alright finally, my minute long respawn is over, time to spawn at the rally.
>*hit by stray bullet as soon as you spawn*
>Alright I'll wait 1 minute and 30 seconds and then I'll respawn at the ral-
>*Last rally gets used and SL gets killed*
>Alright I'll wait another 30 seconds and spawn at the FOB
>*FOB gets blown up*
>Ok I'll just spawn at main and make my way over
>*Spawn at main, walk for several minutes because SL wouldn't unlock a vehicle for you, get sniped from a mile away and enter another 2 minute respawn screen*

Fun game
>>
>>379356054
Does the game really have no spawn protection?
Wtf is spawning supposed to be?
>>
>>379356054

>basing your opinion of the game on a single match where you got BTFO which happens to everyone

Squad has its flaws but that's just not fair, anon.
>>
>>379356215
>On one game
>One game
>One

Happens every single match. Literally respawn screen simulator.
>>
>>379356214
Rally points are often in enemy territory. The only real spawn protection is at your primary spawn
>>
>>379356341
Then you have to git gud
>>
>>379356415
Oh yea my bad, I should have been able to predict that I'd be shot upon spawning and that my SL would die and that the FOB would blow up and that there was a sniper in the middle of buttfuck nowhere deep behind our lines. I'll try harder next time.

Faggot
>>
>>379347534
it's for action kids who have not played project reality.
>won't have kit swap because muh realism
>people won't talk because this game is now mainstream.
>i'm a grumpy old man.
>>
>>379348309
weapon switching in squad as well as its movement is complete garbage, any other opinion is simply wrong.
>>
>>379356686
You legitimately seem to get btfo an oddly frequent amount of time. You merely need to get better at playing
>>
>>379348175
Use scroll wheel and click, although sometimes I'm worried I'll shoot someone it works pretty well until the revamp.

There are flaws with the game but it is progressing, if a little slowly, very well. The newest dev blog has further enforced that my faith in the devs has not been misplaced.
>>
>>379356950
>I switch weapons in .23 seconds
Nah, you're a dummy
>>
It's not RS2
>>
>>379347721
Batlefield had huge ass company with shitload of devs behind it and it took years to fix the game after release make it playable. Squad is in early access game built on a fairly new engine ue4 by small indie group of devs.
>>
File: 1496036892454.png (180KB, 500x405px) Image search: [Google]
1496036892454.png
180KB, 500x405px
>>379351513
>for some reason my mic stopped working
>go whole game in Squad talking and no one tells me they can't hear me
God I feel so embarrassed, it was on Yehorivka yesterday or the day before if anyone here was there.
>>
>>379357081
who said anything about speed?

not being able to cancel animations when pulling out any handheld is the real fucking problem.
>>
>>379357126
>hurr durr apples to oranges
It doesn't take 1 million dollars and 200 people to make a smooth movement system anon
>>
>>379357291
Happens to me all the time, so now I always ask my squad if they can hear me right away. Mostly because I get intoxicated and accidentally pull on my headphones and loosen the connection
>>
>>379355712
At least it's better than RS2, the server queue is a god send for playing with friends.
>>
How's the learning curve? Do you need a mic?
>>
>>379347534
>promise new animations since forever
>show off new animation system in November
>only started working on implementation in May
>is still at least three months away

why are they so fucking slow ?
>>
>>379348175
>they look so good

soldiers still run around like they've shat their pants with their stumpy legs, also that crouch stance looks retarded.
>>
>>379357512

Depends on a few things. If you know how to aim a rifle there's a good bit out of the way. The other learning curve is that the game SORT OF mirrors real life in that you cannot just run out in the open or you will get cut down by some vehicle on a hill 800 meters away, or by a machine gun somewhere possibly. You have to learn where "safe" areas are and how to move in such a way to avoid being exposed. Besides that there's a lot of pointing and clicking.
>>
>>379357415
Yeah I don't know what happened, in devices it showed the bars moving as if it worked, but in all programs it wasn't picking up until I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Now I'm paranoid and check it every once and a while.

I wish I was a better squadleader, I know the game pretty well I'm just not good at commanding people. I get this weird feeling after a while of squad-leading that no one is listening to me and that I'm doing shit and want to quit, even if I'm doing okay. I just don't have a very commanding voice/ personality so when the squadlead leaves and we need someone to take over I want to take over I just feel like I'll do a bad job, and just let someone else take it.
>>
>>379357512
>Do you need a mic?
yes. especially if you join big famous servers cuz you will get kicked if you don't have one. you can play on some stupid european servers without admins but i must say you won't have a good experience you need that mic man. you need yell at people like AAAAR PEEEE GEEEEE BACKBLAAAST! cuz they stand like a idiot behind you before you shoot a rpg.
>>
>>379357950
>yes. especially if you join big famous servers cuz you will get kicked if you don't have one.

pretty sure the "official" squad server license have a rule against that, because squad devs hate teamwork apperently.
>>
How much better or worse is this than Arma 3?
I haven't looked into it that much, but from what I can tell, Squad has been permanently in early access for years now and is extremely unpolished, whereas Arma 3 is a finished game made by experienced devs. Is this wrong?

What reason do I have to buy this over Arma 3?
>>
>>379359135
it's simpler than arma 3. you just hop in and get into action if you have a good sl & team.

>Squad has been permanently in early access for years now and is extremely unpolished, whereas Arma 3 is a finished game made by experienced devs
> Arma 3 is a finished game made by experienced devs
kek'd i don't think arma 3 is finished game made by experienced devs it's still feels like ea game.

>What reason do I have to buy this over Arma 3?
it's more casual than arma 3. you don't have to be in clans and stuff to find people to play. you can just join a random server and find random people to play and communicate with them. you don't have bother to setup stuff before you play there no missions etc you just go capture kill or get killed.
>>
File: 1488241392556.jpg (13KB, 175x187px) Image search: [Google]
1488241392556.jpg
13KB, 175x187px
>>379347534
it runs like shit
>>
great game for operating
>>
File: L_124D.tmp.png (394KB, 510x425px) Image search: [Google]
L_124D.tmp.png
394KB, 510x425px
>>379347534
The way FOBs work is retarded.
>Current system encourages spawncamping since you are able to spawn even with enemies nearby.
>FOB static should be bigger than a radio.
>Spawning FOBs from a thin air makes the logistic system significantly less important.
>>
File: its2017.jpg (12KB, 307x326px) Image search: [Google]
its2017.jpg
12KB, 307x326px
>>379359851
let me guess you have a ancient amd cpu instead of intel i5 or i7
>>
>>379362068
this, make logis have two resources:
2x radio/hab
2x resource crates (500 build points each)

radio/hab should be a single building that need to be shoveled.

make fob unspawnable as soon as the enemy outnumber friendlies nearby.

increase recharge time by 2x on rally points.
>>
File: mines.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mines.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Shit performance, animation update can't come soon enough, still a fun game
>>
>>379362609
ALLAHU AKBAAAAR
>>
scopes break the game for me desu
>use iron sights
>literally miss every single shot
>0 kills

>use a scoped AK
>15+ kills
>managed to hold a point from a enemy squad by myself
>>
>>379347534
runs like shit
gameplay is boring
no helicopters

here, have 3
>>
>>379367128
true
wrong. if you are not autistic maybe.
who cares
>>
>>379368097
>if you are not autistic maybe.
exactly
i dont have the kind of autisum to run for 30 minutes and do what big daddy chucklefuck squad leader tells me to dig the hole with a shovel

i do have the kind of autism to prefer being a transport pilot though, and your game is shit for that too
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.