[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3DS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: theme-screen-5.png (254KB, 411x456px) Image search: [Google]
theme-screen-5.png
254KB, 411x456px
Alright Nintendo, we don't need anymore games for the 3DS, just focus on the Nintendo Switch now. The 3DS does not need anymore games so you can stop now.
>>
Still waiting for public release for those GBA games the ambassadors got
>>
>tfw I wanted the successor to be same form factor, same everything, but drop the 3D, at least 720p top screen and close to Wii U graphics.

It's not gonna happen, is it /v/?
>>
>alright Nintendo abandoned your 70 million unit you've spent 6 years building so I dont have buyers remorse for my new toy :(
>>
>>379345903
>The most popular handheld in gaming
>Stop making games for it

wut
>>
File: IMG_0667.png (622KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0667.png
622KB, 1334x750px
>>379345903
Too bad we are guaranteed support for the 3ds for at least the end of the year and probably all the way through 2018. This is especially apparent with the new 2ds launching in the near future as well. I don't see nintendo making a new handheld platform till after the switch, and they will probably support the 3ds throughout the switch's life. That is until e3 proves me wrong
>>
>>379346114
That would be phones.
>>
>>379345903
>okay everyone, just drop the games you've spent all this time developing just because a new system came out
>>
>>379346248
(you)
>>
>>379346035
>drop the 3D

That would kill the 2DS, and that's not possible.
>>
Nintendo likes to drop old systems the literal instant they shit out a new thing. Don't count on getting too many more first-party games
>>
File: 1386565699427.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1386565699427.gif
3MB, 264x240px
>he thought the switch was nintendo's handheld successor
>>
>>379345975
not happening ever

hack your 3DS
>>
>>379346114
>make a new handheld and home console at the same time
>let's keep our old console alive while the new one rots

wut
>>
>>379348665
Idk if you can argue this. Nintendo hasn't exactly advertised the switch as a hybrid, but more towards the home console side of things so they can keep the 3ds alive. This is good because the 3ds did better than the wii u but bad because it could be holding back switch sales?
>>
>>379348880
...every commercial has advertised it as a hybrid

someone has taken the console out of the dock to go play with his friends every single time the switch logo appeared on your TV after your show took a break

For real though what's with this sudden influx of kids going "Don't support the new thing you're selling" as if the concept of a new console iteration is the most alien fucking thing ever? Is it really so weird that console makers drop support for an old console in order to entice people towards the new one?
>>
File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg (117KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg
117KB, 640x459px
>>379345903
I just installed the 3ds.guide shit on my 3DS, where do I go to pirate games now?
>>
How long until Nintendo releases the Switch XL?
>>
>>379346098
Literally this
>>
>>379345975
It's called hacking your 3DS
>>
>>379349178
It's not a new thing for Nintendo. That's why the 3ds had such a slow start, they wouldn't give up on the ds
>>
>>379349601
fucking retard
>>
>>379352167
3ds had a slow start cause they tried to price it the same as the fucking Vita. The Vita actually was winning against the 3ds right until Nintendo grew a few brain cells and realized how fucking retarded that was.
>>
If they announce any new Switch games the shortages will get even worse, so they might as well stick to selling games on a console people own.
>>
>>379345903
The 3DS absolutely needs more games. I started gaming on my hacked PSP again and there's so much value. I can't say a hacked 3DS will be as fondly thought of in the future.
>>
>>379345903
Thats not how business works you dumb faggot

So long as they'd spent some millions on making sure people in the last year bought one, theres still water to milk from the stone.

You're asking 3DS to be treated like the Wii U
Nothing deserves that treatment besides the Wii U
>>
>>379354770
thats because the mobile market is dying, what with everyone carrying around a microcomputer.
>>
>>379349601
You have fbi? just look for cia files
>>
>>379349601
Download freeshop, install it in fbi and launch it whenever you want to download a game
>>
>Nintendo doesn't drop support for the 3DS
>"Whaaa! But I bought a Switch!"

>Nintendo drops support for the 3DS
>"HAHAHAH They said the Switch wasn't going to replace it!"

Fuck off. They'll continue to support it well into 2018 when they announce the successor.
>>
>>379354967
It's not just that. The 3DS could've been just as good, but there's a lot of different pain points that keep it from being essential-even-if-you-only-occasionally-play-games core like the DS or PSP. I guess it's for the better for Nintendo, since the Switch becomes a more appealing alternative because the 3DS is so clumsy, but they could've smashed it out of the park harder given how quickly Sony gave up on the Vita. It's not particularly Nintendo's fault since everyone who developed for it could've tried harder, too - just a missed opportunity all around. As it stands, it's going out with some DS ports/remakes it could already play and otherwise mediocre games.
>>
>>379348880
They're trying to eat their cake and have it.
Regions where consoles have given them the best mix of sales and attach rate? It's a console you can take on the go!
Everywhere else? It's a handheld you can plug on the big screen (which is hardly unique, but neither was Apple removing the audio jack, it just matters that they are the ones that come to mind when people think about them).
>>
>>379345975
ironically the ambassador games have issues where as hacking your 3ds and downloading gba .cias have no issues
>>
>>379351218
More like
>new console is a million times better than any console they've released in the past decade making insanely difficult to go back
>>
>>379346460
>>379346685
They really need a proper successor. The Switch as it is is never going to capture the budget audience. What happened with Sun and Moon is no surprise and I'd bet TPC would happily keep making games for the 3DS as long as they can.
>>
>>379358838
They'll release a mini portable only switch or a permadocked one somewhere down the line. Either will be cheaper.
>>
>>379359746
Sounds like shit. Someone's going to get a gimped experience (and it'll probably be the people who use it as a console); it's not the Vita and the Vita TV.
>>
>>379346283
>hey guys ignore the new system because /v/ says companies don't know about their own new systems for years during production
>>
>>379346035
it's 240p you eyeless fuck
>>
>>379354496
To be fair, the 3DS launched three months before the Vita price was revealed. Perhaps Nintendo didn't expect Sony to factor out memory cards of the Vita's price.
>>
Fuck your tablet. Release a 3DS successor or stay on 240p. Your choice.
>>
>>379360007
Memory cards were another barrier for the Vita, though. They really should've just sticked to Pro Duo or the like.
>>
>>379360303
Sony REALLY wanted to stomp out piracy while also passing on the cost of selling the Vita at a loss to the consumers through the high priced memory cards.
>>
File: 1491382024145.png (602KB, 788x568px) Image search: [Google]
1491382024145.png
602KB, 788x568px
>240p
>Loads of games still have performance issues even on the New 3DS
Can we please let the 3DS die already. I'm so tired of every game on it being worse than it needs to be.
>>
File: 684.gif (172KB, 414x187px) Image search: [Google]
684.gif
172KB, 414x187px
>>379345903
>>
File: gta_v_3ds.jpg (222KB, 954x837px) Image search: [Google]
gta_v_3ds.jpg
222KB, 954x837px
Are we there yet?
>>
File: 1484707638967.jpg (267KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484707638967.jpg
267KB, 708x1000px
>>379346167
>probably all the way through 2018
Doubtful, we'd be starting to see them push the games for then already, though maybe only just. We still might seem some, I'm sure there's some wrapping up production for then, but the 3DS is really starting to show its age. Pokemon USM might literally be the last big Nintendo game for it, from what it looks like. Do we even have anything else scheduled for later than early November? There's supposed to be some Kirby game that needs a date, right?

This sort of thing matches up with Nintendo pushing the Switch out somewhat early too. They're still playing keep away with what their VC system is going to be like. Paid online has been pushed back until next year. Devs are still having problems getting dev kits, much less the actual customers. It's probable there hasn't really been the kind of behind the scenes lead up to the launch where they get a few trusted devs some kits early so the ball can get rolling more. The Switch and 3DS will coexist for probably through November, but we've got nothing beyond that and I doubt the 3DS will get anything next year matching what it's getting this year. A "third version" Pokemon is typically the straggler game for the handhelds anyway.

With how well the Switch is selling, it'd be pretty boneheaded to make a 3DS successor that's anything but a cheaper Switch at best. They might still do it. It seems like with the N2DS launch in a month or so and then USM in the fall, they're pushing out the last hurrah for the thing before moving on, no matter what's coming next. Going back to the 2018 note, the Pokemon announcement also rounds out this year for Nintendo. I doubt we've got anything else in the works for this year, aside from that Kirby thing I guess, so the second half of this year is going to make it clearer just what direction they're heading in 2018, which is where it's really getting decided.
>>
File: I will go now install all games.jpg (49KB, 724x552px) Image search: [Google]
I will go now install all games.jpg
49KB, 724x552px
>>379345903
>The 3DS does not need anymore games so you can stop now.
>stop now
>please
>>
>>379345903
And what's so bad about Nintendo releasing games for the 3ds? I think they're able to focus on more than one console at a time.
>>
>>379359979
ironic
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.