[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the most pointless hardware upgrade ever ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: New_Nintendo_3DS_logo.png (70KB, 854x298px) Image search: [Google]
New_Nintendo_3DS_logo.png
70KB, 854x298px
Was this the most pointless hardware upgrade ever ?
>>
Everything but the advance micro is
>>
File: pro.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pro.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
already been beat
>>
The answer is EVERY Nintendo home console refresh.

NES top NES Toploader got rid of AV for just RF.

SNES to SNES JR got rid of superior Sony sound chip.

GCN revision got rid of component out and removable logo Jewel.

Wii revision got rid of GCN playback ability, and then Wii mini got rid of S-Video, Component, and pretty much everything else.
>>
>>379335638
>b-b-but sony! ;_;

every time
>>
>>379335923
>NES top NES Toploader got rid of AV for just RF.
>SNES to SNES JR got rid of superior Sony sound chip.

They did it to block game genie usage as well which was completely harmless but nintendo has always been about taking control away from their userbase because "nintendo knows what's best"
>>
>>379335552
The DSi was a 3DS beta.
>>
>>379335552
Enjoyed Xenoblade on the go and monster hunter/smash was easier to play.
>>
>>379335923
>Removable logo jewel
I had to pull out my gamecube just to check and holy shit I never knew about that.
>>
File: really dude.jpg (1MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
really dude.jpg
1MB, 3456x5184px
>>379336017
you disappoint me, anon.
>>
>>379335552
dsi
switch
>>
>>379335552
>install CFW to improve framerate in all games and lets you stream video wirelessly
>Will end up with two decent exclusives(FE Warriors and Xenoblade 3D)
>Games with new 3ds enchanments run better(Yoshi's Wooly Word runs at 60fps by default, Hyrule Warriors runs better, Smash attacks with C Sticks)
>Makes game like MH not control like shit

Nah pretty worth it
>>
>>379335552
So what's the list of exclusive games for it again?
Xenoblade and like literally nothing else, right?
>>
>>379335552
It is pretty pathetic indeed
>>
>>379335552
To date? Probably, yeah.

But here's the thing, Nintendo's "getting the dweebs who lap up all of our garbage to keep rebuying the same systems" trick has actually been pretty successful, so now Sony and Microsoft are doing it, too.

PS4Pro and Xbox One S currently look like even shittier deals, since at least the New N3DS actually has like 1 or 2 games that are exclusive to it, I think.
>>
>>379335552
Yes. I'm pretty sure it's the most pointless upgrade in all of gaming. You could argue that the upgrade from GameBoy Pocket to GameBoy Color was pointless too, but the N3DS upgrade is so marginal and unnecessary.
>>
>>379336831
>install CFW to improve framerate in all games
>CFW
Way to fucking go Nintendo
>>
File: pspgo.jpg (41KB, 760x600px) Image search: [Google]
pspgo.jpg
41KB, 760x600px
*blocks your path*
>>
Eh, I have the N3DS XL that I bought with Monster Hunter. I don't play it anymore for now but I hever had a problem with that console.
>>
>>379335923
kill yourself you fucking trip faggot
>>
>>379337513
t. /nintendogaf/
>>
>>379335552
This was fucking great for MH4U and that's the kind of game you can spend so many hours playing. Unfortunately no other games offers the same jump in quality.
>>
Nah all console rehashes are pretty shit. Ps4 pro and scorpio are just more expensive boxes that play the same games.
>>
>>379335552
The increased framerate and grafix in MH4U were really nice.
>>
>>379337330
Well, thinking about it I might have one single problem about that DS and is that the upper half of the console moves a little to the left and right if you apply a little force with your finger; I don't know if it is normal, but it worries me for sure.
>>
The new 3ds plays DS games too. right?
>>
>>379335552
Yeah, it was pointless.
>>
>>379338121
Yes, I was recently playing Animal Crossing Wild World with it.
>>
>>379335552
Not anymore.
>>
>>379338453
Nice, I want to replay Super Mario 64 DS and Yoshi's Island DS but my 2004 launch model' battery is fucked.
>>
>>379336017
What did the OP ask, numbskull?
>>
>>379335552
DSi was way worse. You lost the ability to play GBA games, and in return, you got the DSiWare shop that had very little of worth on it.

>>379338573
This at least has the justification of being a huge design upgrade from the original 2DS, which itself doesn't qualify because it was blatantly a budget model for kids (and people who don't care about 3D, which should be most people at this point) and not an upgrade.
>>
>>379338121
yup
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.