[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never played MHun and dont have a 3DS or WiiU. Is pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Game_Cover-MHFU_US.jpg (283KB, 640x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Cover-MHFU_US.jpg
283KB, 640x1102px
Never played MHun and dont have a 3DS or WiiU.

Is pic related a good one? Will I enjoy it completely solo?
>>
Prepare for a bruising if it's your first one. The alternative is Portable 3rd, which has a whole bunch of QoL additions.
>>
File: threadkiller.png (398KB, 1148x933px) Image search: [Google]
threadkiller.png
398KB, 1148x933px
Nooo, don't die
>>
>>379335183
If its your fist one I´d go with Portable 3rd (download the PS3 ISO which is just the PSP game with better textures).

Portable 3rd has less content, but looks better, its more polished and improves a lot of hitboxes.

Also it has Zinogre and Barroth which are fun as fuk.
>>
It's the pinnacle of the series by far
>>
P3rd is easily the best way to get into the series without a nintendo console.

MHFU is still fucking fantastic though.
>>
>>379335998
how can I emulate PS3? Isnt it still a big WIP and not stable?

Or does the PS3 Iso work on PPSSPP?
>>
>>379335183
Are you playing on PSP?

Btw it was also my first one and what >>379335406 said doesn't seem wrong, but grinding for gear can be offputting and going in single against bosses often makes for a war of attrition, and catching big ones alive is a chore.
>>
>>379336239
>Or does the PS3 Iso work on PPSSPP?
Yes, it does.

As I said, its just the PSP game with improved textures.
>>
>>379336039
What about the newest one? I saw the MHXX trailer, I heared its a change in the series with different hunter moves aside from just weapons.

MHonline also looks good but its all chinese and no patch.
>>
>>379336361
Ignore the retard, nobody unironically thinks FU is the "pinnacle of the series"

MHXX is too different and controversial to be considered the best, but it's still a decent game to a newcomer

4U would be ideal, and if you don't have a 3DS just emulate p3rd HD on PPSSPP, as someone else recommended
>>
>>379337225
Alright ill go for P3rd

Is 4U still alive on 3DS at this point with X and Gen?
>>
>play these shit games where you and your whole crew will spent 10-15 mins hitting a damage sponge boss
>>
>have FUnite for years
>still haven't played as any MH

Backlog, too many big very huge.
>>
>>379337440
Probably alive enough to get through, and you can just do most LR and HR urgents alone if you struggle to find a room
>>
File: IMG_7822.png (1MB, 1280x1575px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7822.png
1MB, 1280x1575px
>have played Monster Hunter since the PlayStation
>liked the series a lot even when they switched consoles
>get 4U
>play it on and off but eventually finish it
>get Generations
>don't bother finishing it
>can't motivate myself to replay any of the games because it's now beginning to feel stagnant

I hate this feel.
>>
>>379337974
oh and GUESS WHAT the next MH will release soon in Japan and it's the same shit AGAIN basically what 4U should have been from the fucking start. I can't wait to spend 50 bucks on it, then import my save file and continue where I left off since the new content is surely sooooo good.
Honestly, Capcom can go fuck themselves. 4U was really damn good, it felt amazing, the maps, the new movement, baguette sticks, but why do they have to make 2 expensions on it? I got generations purely because it had a bunch of new monsters and old favorites - XX has NOTHING interesting AT ALL. Except ofc if you into unnecessary shit like morphing the look of one armor onto the other. Who cares. Yes I am mad.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.