[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? This should have been great, like what REmake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 52506_front.jpg (108KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
52506_front.jpg
108KB, 640x908px
What went wrong? This should have been great, like what REmake is to the original RE. But instead, it's considered the inferior version.
>>
>>379323873
/v/'s shit taste, that's what. Adding the MGS2 control scheme and mechanics made the game more realistic, at least in that you could put cameras permanently out of commission by shooting them (finally!). I also liked the MGS2 control scheme overall more than the MGS1 scheme. All in all a worthy update to the original MGS.
>>
>>379323873
Shit new art direction
Music save for a couple tracks is uninspired noise, and cutscene music is boring as fuck
Redone voice lines sound less natural
Infamous cutscenes
Greg Eagles sounds black cause he is but he at least nailed Gray Fox
Broken gameplay (If I wanted mgs2 gameplay I'd play fucking mgs2)
3D briefing is terribile
Lacks the extra stuff from PS1/Integral
Game has awful draw distance and is covered in smog
M9
>>
MGS1's level design just didn't fully utilize MGS2's improved mechanics imo. Voice acting lets it down, everyone sounds half asleep. It's just kind of a disappointing remake that lacks the polish of the other games.

>>379324664
fyi, you could destroy cameras in MGS1 with the missile launchers. Felt great discovering that.
>>
>>379325814
>you could destroy cameras in MGS1 with the missile launchers.
Eh? Didn't know that. Still,
>can destroy cams
>alerts everybody in the area if they're not taken out first
Kind of a pain, and you can't do it until you get the missile launcher, but still good to know.
>>
The flatter voice acting did it for me. I used to spend hours with the film rolls playing in the background as a kid.
>>
1. Kojima didn't give a shit about it.
2. Dennis Dyack was in charge, and hyped up a load of things that never actually were in the game.
3. The cutscenes are so bad they're good, which is in very poor taste considering MGS1 was the one game in the series where "So bad it's good" wasn't the selling point.
4. It was too faithful in the gameplay department, so all of the MGS2 mechanics broke the balance.
5. The music and voice acting is uninspired, with memorable tracks replaced with canned elevator music. You can hear the phone-in on everyone but Hayter, and he actually took a pay cut so that the funds existed to bring everyone back.

tl;dr It was a MGS fan game made by a British hack still riding off the coattails of Eternal Darkness and it ended his career, the cutscenes were VS. fellatio, literally no one but Hayter gave a shit about doing the project over again, and they didn't put any effort into rebalancing the maps around SoL's mechanics.

There is no reason to prefer The Twin Snakes over the original unless you are the most shallow graphics kiddie imaginable.
>>
>>379325814
>destroy cameras in MGS1 with the missile launchers

And C4, AND grenades.

>>379325995
>alerts everybody in the area

They are alerted towards the explosion, not your position, sure it fucks up your score but you're safe. Of course all of this is meaningless cause cameras are not a threat in MGS1.
>>
It's the videogame equivalent of a hollywood remake.
Prettier, flashier and completely misses the point.
>>
>>379326712
>cameras are not a threat in MGS1
True. Towards the REX hangar the camera usage gets a bit obnoxious, though. Either way I see, you're wasting chaff or stinger missiles on the fuckers.
>>
>>379323873
Other than some of the voices and music, this fucking game was amazing. I don't give a shit about /v/'s incorrect opinion. This game was an upgrade to the original in every way,
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.