[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Walking Simulators Are Kino Suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 55

File: 1489908565262.png (420KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
1489908565262.png
420KB, 800x499px
I want to know:

>Your age
>Favorite game
>How much you enjoyed BOTW

I'm trying to understand why or how you can defend running around open fields as a perfected, enjoyable experience on par with real gameplay experiences and/or storytelling.

This has to be generational. I can understand kids growing up on Bethesda and Minecraft with no better sources, but that's the extent of it.

This is not a 97 game. It's not even a 90 game.
>>
>>379308439
You sound like you've made up your mind. I don't think anyone stands to gain anything by answering your questionnaire.
>>
>>379308439
>24
>Thief TDP
>didn't play

video games are stupid and they are for children
>>
File: botw-kino2.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
botw-kino2.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>>379308439
Breath of the Wild is kino to be fair.
>>
>>379308610
this.
OP clearly has confirmation bias and will hate BotW regardless of any evidence put forward to show that it's actually just a great game.
>>
>>379308439
Space Harrier
Alot, 2nd fav this year for me
>>
Zelda Breath of the Wild (Formerly Half-Life 1)
Does ^that^ not answer the question?
>>
>>379308610
/thread
>>
>>379308439
Half-Life
I'm enjoying it thoroughly. I tend to hate open world games. Never finished an elder scrolls, hated GTA games, got no enjoyment out of Xenoblade X despite liking Chronicles.
>>
>>379308439
Wizardry 8
A lot
>>
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
Difficult. But I'd say PS:T
8/10. I've liked walking simulators ever since Morrowind.
>>
>>379308968

It tells me you're an entry-level shitter, yeah. At least you didn't say Half Life 2.
>>
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
changes often, but I would say Gothic2 now
very much, cause I rather like games, who has an openfield, your let me to do my own stuff, instead of run from point a to b
yes I know, even that games can be fun, but many (like the first Uncharted) are so much linear, it wouldn't be that much different from a movie
still must agree, that BotW isn't a 90 game, to me, it's between 80-89
>>
i'll bite since no one is giving op the attention he craves
no (you) though, you gotta earn it

Donkey Kong country 2
130+ hours in and i've still got one region to explore
don't care about seeds or shrines, but this game reminds me of the reasons why i have spent the last 25 years playing videogames
>>
>>379309047
>got no enjoyment out of Xenoblade X despite liking Chronicles
Xenoblade X doesn't deserve to wear the Xenoblade name, it was such trash and waste of a good world
>>
>>379308439
Is he autistic?
>>
>>379309164
>you're an entry-level shitter
Based off of two very vague pieces of information, huh...
I don't think you're much of a conversationalist.
>>
>18
>Breath of the Wild
>It's the best game ever.
Let me guess OP. You think Horizon is a good game? Fucking kill yourself sonybro
>>
>>379308439
>open world games like GTA, elder scolls and others are walking simulators

The fuck is this faggotry?
>>
>>379309220
>Xenoblade X doesn't deserve to wear the Xenoblade name
How can you say that when Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't even have mechs? That game is an absolute travesty to the Xeno franchise.
>>
>>379308439
Ok, first if all, retard: walking simulators are literally games that are on rails and involve spending most of the time listening to dialogue or going through linear levels.

Secondly: Botw is a climbing simulator.
>>
>>379309373
I doubt any sonyfag actually gives a shit about Horizon as of this point.
They still have Persona and Nier though, so chill.
>>
Ive collected 728 kurok seeds. I really love just running around looking for them. One was very sneakily hidden in a log and I had to slash at it.
>>
>>379309435
>Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't even have mechs?
The Mechon race?
Bionis and Mechonis?
Homs that are forcefully repurposed as mechanical beings?
A godlike being that is defeated by people rejecting the predetermined destiny?
Sounds like the core tenets of a Xeno game.
>>
>>379309446
>>379309412
>>379309446
You people are too young. Back during the TES3 release the biggest complaint about it was the amount of walking required, thus it was dubbed a walking simulator by Daggerfall fanboys and the like.
>>
>>379309638
There's a handful of seeds stashed in logs, lad
>>
The Wonderful 101
Quite a lot
>>
>>379309342

>vague
>literally said he's only played a handful of games by saying Half Life was his previous favorite.
>>
Fanboys are basically cultists and this is all the switch has right now so they'll defend it to the death, but OP is just as set to hate the game so you nutjobs fall on both sides.
>>
>>379309698
Daggerfall is a bigger game than Morrowind.
Even the cities take awhile to manuever.
Morrowind also has fast travel by way of using the silt striders.
Boots of blinding speed also exist.
>>
>>379309698
Nope.
>>
Metal Gear Solid
Not very. It has it's moments, but it's a chore to play most of the time. Hyrule Warriors is more fun and less repetitive.
>>
>>379308439
>Your age28
>Favorite game
MGSV
Haven't played it :(
>>
>24
>Doom (1993)
I enjoyed Breath of the Wild more than any other Zelda games. Open world isn't a genre I play very often. I'm still playing it after the final boss just to explore the world some more and find things I missed the first time through. Overall, I give it at least a 9/10.
>>
>>379309776
>literally said he's only played a handful of games by saying Half Life was his previous favorite
No.
SMT Nocturne, Xenoblade Chronicles, Resident Evil Remake, Deus Ex, Super Mario Galaxy, Persona 5 and several other games all tried to dethrone Half Life for my favorite game and failed.
Zelda succeeded.
>>
File: 1374095864500.jpg (44KB, 1001x246px) Image search: [Google]
1374095864500.jpg
44KB, 1001x246px
>responding to a data mining thread
Newfags ITT.
>>
>>379308439
>24
>FF6
> a lot 9/10
I have it as my third favorite Zelda behind oot and mm. The game has some problems, but it nails the joy of exploration and feels like an adventure all the way through. Hopefully nintendo can improve on the dungeons in future iterations of open world Zelda
>>
>>379309876
That doesn't change the criticism levied at the game during release. Daggerfall allowed a way more flexible fast travel system so you can't really compare a much bigger Daggerfall to a much smaller but harder to navigate Morrowind.

>>379309942
Nigga, I lived through it. Don't you go around denying my experiences now.
>>
>>379309698
Yeah, you were like 5 years old at most when Morrowind came out judging by this post.
>>
Breath of the Wild
See #2
>>
>>379309220
Xenoblade X's open world is the best I have ever experienced, it's a shame that the rest of the game was meh
>>
>>379308439
>18
>ck2/eu4
>all zelda a gameplayless shit
>>
>>379310201
It literally never happened.
>>
>>379308439
Ocarina of Time
I felt BotW was very lacking when it came to dungeons but I still enjoyed it thoroughly. 115 hours and I never got bored. 8/10 game.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_232122.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_232122.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
Top 10:
Super Metroid
Smash Melee
SotN
Bloodborne
Red Alert 2
Blazblue CF
Sengoku Rance
TWEWY
MGS3
Banjo Tooie

Have played and beaten all the Zeldas btw. Top 3:
Majora's Mask, LttP, Link's Awakening. In that order.
>>How much you enjoyed BOTW
I though it was trash. 6/10 at best. It starts of really great, starts going downhill after the Great Plateau, and plummets into boring trash once you beat the Elephant. I did Zora quest first.
>>
>>379309951
>hyrule warriors
>less repetitive
Hyrule Warriors is pretty good, and slicing into hordes of bokoblins feels good for a few hours.
But that's the entire game. No substance, just fan fiction and grinding.
It doesn't even hold a candle to Breath of the Wild, and I don't even think that game is a masterpiece.
>>
File: 3x3 new.jpg (317KB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
3x3 new.jpg
317KB, 920x920px
One game is too hard so here's my 3x3
Fucking amazing. Depending on how the DLCs go it might take a spot on my 3x3 but fuck me it's too hard to decide which one.

>I'm trying to understand why or how you can defend running around open fields as a perfected, enjoyable experience on par with real gameplay experiences and/or storytelling.
Your an actual retard. Congrats, man.
>>
unironically botw
see above
>>
>>379310375
lmao @ this newfaggot trying to rewrite history. I'm not going to trawl through old forum posts trying to prove my point.

Believe whatever you want to believe.
>>
>>379310468
>Sm4sh on the list with WC3 and AOE2
to each his own, but your own is fucking weird
>>
>>379308439
BurgerTime
9/10 solid
>>
>>379310409
but it's not march 24th, is that image even yours?
>>
Exploring and wandering is a form of gameplay. Is it simple? Yes. But gameplay is not automatically better by being more complex.

Some people enjoy exploring, some people don't, that's just how it is
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
Either Sonic Adventure 2 or Paper Mario: TTYD
I didn't. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd honestly give it a 2.
>>
>>379310587
Those 3 are all amazing multiplayer experiences though? Are you just a Melee autist or what?
>>
>>379310643
Yes, it's mine. Do you want me to boot up the fucking game to prove it to you? We been through this shit dozens of times now.
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
I don't have an overall favorite game, but recently it's probably Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3, I hate sounding like a Soulsfag but I just got into the series recently so maybe I'll stop obsessing over them after a while
It was okay, like MGSV, the game mechanics themselves were a joy to play and experiment with, while the actual meat of the game falls flat in comparison.
The open world is 90% grassy fields, the side quests are shit and the OST is lackluster
>>
>>379310520
It would be a waste of time because nobody ever used that term to describe tes3.
>>
MGS2
Second favorite game.
>>
File: BreathOfTheWild.jpg (68KB, 720x544px) Image search: [Google]
BreathOfTheWild.jpg
68KB, 720x544px
>When do we get to the ride?
>This IS the ride! Yippee!
>>
>>379310409
Did you put all your orbs into stamina? Jesus, you have all the ultra beasts but just 7 hearts
>>
>>379308439
>25
>Space Station 13.
>Alot, even up there with ocarina of time.
>>
>>379310930
>Needing more hearts for this casual cake-walk shitfest of a game
If you didn't rush Ganon after the plateau, you're a weenie
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (33KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
33KB, 1280x720px
>>379308439
Because most nintendo games are bany tier phone apps so the few games that are actual games like mario zelda smash and such are heralded as the next sistine chapel....
>>
>>379310784
I don't mind Smash 4 over Melee [besides the stages having less egregious hazards in Melee] but Smash 4 has way too many safe defense options and counter specials.
More good stages, reduced i-frames and an Adventure mode would make it my favorite Smash of all time.

Also for whatever reason I have way more fun on the 3DS version than the Wii U.
Landing hits feels better.
>>
>>379310930
Yes. Getting hearts seemed pointless to me as the game wasn't very difficult. I got more of a challenge of it by having to prep for battles properly, that said, the healing system and armor boosts made little difference desu. Even with only 7 hearts, I still barely died. The game already has a horrible inverted difficulty curve, I can't imagine how much worse it'd be for the people who neglected Stamina for Hearts.
>>
>>379310926
it was funnier when tiny toons did it
>>
File: 1496576130422.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496576130422.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I didn't. I didn't buy a Switch, nor a 3DS, nor anything else released by Nintendo after the Game Boy Advance. Anyone over the age of 18 still playing Nintendo games is in a danger zone.

>there are actual people over the age of 20 committing social suicide every single day by walking around in public using their Switch
Feels goods

To be honest the climbing mechanics look pretty good, but then you have the overtly colorful art style and childish audio cues, clearly designed for kids. I just don't get how any self respecting adult could put 100 hours in a game made for 12 year olds.
>>
>>379308439
>27
>either Metroid Prime, Baldur's Gate II or Soul Reaver
absolutely loved the plateau, if only for the novelty of open world Zelda, excitement dropped, but Zora's Domain restored my hopes, but it all downhill from there

I'd rate the game a 75
>>
>>379310821
you have barely any hearts, what gives?
>>
>>379308439
FFVI
Didn't play it, the series doesn't have much of an appeal to me anymore
>>
>>379308439
Castlevania
It's alright. I don't really like open world games but the paraglider and being able to climb nearly everything makes BotW a lot more bearable.
>>
File: 1434023214791.png (273KB, 536x458px) Image search: [Google]
1434023214791.png
273KB, 536x458px
>>379310871
The term was specifically called into life for ES3 you dumb fuck. It was arguably the first game to dubbed as such.

Here, I quickly googled it for you:
http://bordersdown.net/threads/14246-Morrowind-Game-of-the-Year

Where a Daggerfall fanboy jokes about ES3 being a walking sim. I'm sure you can find plenty of forums like Planet Elder Scrolls (RIP) where the term is used much more often.

Again, I'm not going through different older forums or their archives, but it was easy to prove you wrong on the term ''never being used''
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
Two many to mention, I like different games for different reasons depending my mood.
It's one of the finest gaming experiences I've had in years.

>I'm trying to understand why or how you can defend running around open fields as a perfected, enjoyable experience on par with real gameplay experiences and/or storytelling.

I'm going to be brutally honest with you, and you probably won't like it but I don't mean any disrespect when I say this; people who make disparaging comments like that about BotW simply do not understand game design. You really don't.

BotW isn't perfect, nothing is. But the game's minor niggles never come anywhere close to over shadowing an incredible gaming experience which genuinely pushes the boundaries of the open world genre and raises the bar for developers everywhere.

What Nintendo achieved, on the tech they used, is astonishing. I'll tip you my fedora and bid you a good day
>>
>>379310461
As opposed to the entire game being the same three shitty physics puzzles. I never thought I'd see the day that the bosses of a Warriors spinoff game are better than a mainline Zelda. It's pathetic.
>>
>>379310409
>4 hearts, 4 completed dungeons
>basic armor, undyed
you just rushed the game in a few hours
>>
>>379311332
Here's your reply.
>>
currently none, but classic/TBC
enjoying it a lot actually

I won't argue that all the open space was a design choice, probably mismanagement, but I'll tell you that all the exploring is really neat. I don't know why but I've really liked running around and climbing up shit just to see whats up there.
>>
>>379308439
Bloodborne.
I quite liked BOTW. I'd give it either and 8.5 or a 9
>>
>>379311521
Which castlevania? OG?

Im asking cause CV is my fav. Series of all time and will consider your rating of botw since you have my taste.
>>
>>379311196
They still have enemies that one-shot you with that much health. What's the point of all that stamina? At least getting mostly hearts prevents you from having to use food. There are few things to climb that you can't do without 2 Stamina meters.
>>
>>379308439
Shit I don't know, probably MGS3 or Dark Souls.

I'll probably play it in a few years when the switch is cheap and easy to pirate.
Don't care about it really.
>>
File: 211188-castlevania_1_super.jpg (38KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
211188-castlevania_1_super.jpg
38KB, 400x550px
>>379311764
>>
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
It was alright, but I got bored as fuck after the second dungeon and dropped the game. I might revisit it someday, but not anytime soon. So many little things that frustrated me and ultimately felt like a big waste of time:

>Shrines are piss-easy save for a few interesting ones, the "test of strength" ones were especially lazy and disappointing
>Absolutely no need for 120 shrines and almost 1k Korok seeds other than filling up a rather empty map
>At first you think there's a bunch of different weapons, but there's no weapon variety whatsoever other than bow, shortsword, longsword, and a spear...that's it
>Cooking COMPLETELY destroys any challenge to the game. It's easy to find a bunch of ingredients and fill up your inventory quickly with strong dishes. Makes gameplay trivial since all you have to do is pause and just max your hearts out. Didn't die to a single boss once.
>The fish slut miracle was also game-breaking and only took like 15 minutes to regenerate. It's also the one that most people probably got first, making the rest of the game a cakewalk.
>Only 4 bosses + Ganon is just indefensible, especially considering how samey they all felt in design and easy as mentioned earlier were not challenging at all
>Overworld enemies are 80% reskinned goblins and lizards with a few 'tougher' enemies here and there
>Side quests were mostly fetch quests and most of them just gave you a few rupees or a lame weapon
>Rained WAY too much, which wouldn't be a big deal had most of the gameplay not revolved around climbing shit.

And I haven't even mentioned the story, characters, soundtrack, graphics, etc. This is all gameplay stuff. I honestly think the only people who think this game is 10/10 GOAT for the genre are people who have only just played open-world games for the first time. Had I played this without having played a bunch of other open-world games before, I'd probably think so too.

Not giving at anything above an 8/10, personally.
>>
>>379308610
fpbp
>>
>>379311186
Jump momentum is about the only thing I feel like Smash is lacking. I've had no trouble playing hyper aggressively as Roy, Megaman, and Bayo (Granted, I'm by no means top tier, but then again maybe a hundred people playing the game are).
Tourneyfag stages are limited. But there's a decent number of good stages to play on, especially now that the DLC stages are in the mix Wuhu Island, Umbra Clock Tower, Mario Maker and more might not be tourney legal but there great stages to play on for fun.
There are too many paclands and that starfox stage though the number of bad stages was certainly a weak point.
Classic and adventure mode are irrelevant in a post Master/Crazy Orders world. Too many people sleep on those two.
>>
>>379311373
See>>379311196

Also, I should add, by healing system, I mostly mean Mipha's Grace. Very rarely did I bother to cook heart replenishing food out of sheer laziness looking back on it.

I know I shoulda turned that shit off, as it really broke the game. But it's an item give to me through regular progression, and I wanted to experience the game as it was meant to be played. The Guardian abilities are too much of a hand hold. On a second run, I would turn them off, but honestly, I found BotW such a slog to play through, I don't think I'll ever bother giving it another go. BotW and SS are the only 3D Zeldas I'll never bother replaying. I genuinely didn't enjoy either experience. And it's sad too, as I was very hyped for Ghibli Zelda in the years leading up to release. For me, it was the most disappointing sendoff for the WiiU. And it baffles me how such an average Open World game could get so much unsung praise. Maybe it's just not my genre, but this is not the direction Zelda should go in, imo. If future games in the franchise will follow this formula, I'll just be skipping them.
>>
Hard mode when? I want to replay this shit and 100% it
>>
>>379311534
Meh, one person is meaningless. I was being hyperbolic but i still say nobody called tes3 a walking simulator.

>hurrr one person

I'm not impressed.
>>
>>379311851
Because getting that many hearts makes the game too easy when you factor armor upgrades.
>>
>>379312112
Nice backpedaling. It's clear you weren't even mentally around during the ES3 launch.
>>
>>379308610
fpbp
>>
>>379312056
I don't really know what else to say to you other than that I basically disagree, and I really liked the game and had a great time with it.
>>
>>379312235
I was in high school when tes3 launched. Nobody called it a walking sim.
>>
>>379312103
I'm hoping they'll launch it during e3
>>
>>379308439

It's basically on par with Googling, browsing facebook, 9gag, browsing 4chan, whatever is about sorting through 99% trash/filler to get at the good bits. Open world games are being made to capture that audience, the audience that's looking for distraction.

So, why would someone prefer an activity with tons of filler? Who would want to play a subhuman JRPG for 100 hours? My theory is that a lot of people just instinctively prefer the long, drawn-out filler-loaded games because they are just looking for distraction, relief, or numbness, none of which require that you immerse yourself in the game (if anything they further block your capacity to be immersed).

Past a certain point, whatever functions as the best long-term distraction excites them the most (30 hour long lets plays, for example). Playing a game especially for loot drops is like this too, obsessing over some pathetic potential silver-lining even though you've played that same map or three more than 1000 times. The more "into" this kind of time-wasting someone is in, the more superstitious or sick they probably are.

Again, why would someone prefer an activity consisting of mostly being on the way to something potentially good? It's because they need to occupy themselves, and they choose not the best game, but the game that is the occupier. They're not looking to immerse themselves in a game as much as they are looking to distract themselves from their pathetic reality (which games happen to be quite amazing for).

I think some time spent "on the way to something good" is fine, as long as the game makes you feel excited it's all good, and for the record, I don't know if BotW is yet another botched open world game since I haven't played it.
>>
>>379312315
I don't understand how. It was a very boring and repetitive game for me.

If you got it for Switch, I can see your need to validate your purchase + hype giving you cognitive bias, but that's basically it.
>>
Favorite Game: Can't decide, Psychonauts Morrowind or Dark Souls 1
BOTW: looks boring, never bothered.
>>
>>379308439
FF6
A lot. I was afraid I wouldn't because i hate every other open world game, but I did.
>>
>>379312372
Yeah, the people who enjoyed it clearly didn't. It came from Daggerfall fanboys who were few in number but still very vocal.

I'm sure you got very little of that when discussing ES3 with your friends in school.
>>
File: 1484052546934.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1484052546934.png
312KB, 389x386px
>>379308439
>kino
>>
>>379308439
Half Life (I'm including certain mods as part of this)
I'm inclined to agree with you. It's good don't get me wrong, but it's not the best open world game, it's not even the best Zelda game.
>>
>>379312465
I did not get it for switch, and I'm sick of people using this excuse whenever I say I liked the game. You didn't like the game, but I did; and that's fine, I'm not at all saying your opinion is invalid at all so I don't see any reason for you to try and insult me.
>>
>>379312454
correction in the fourth paragraph
>they choose not the best game, but the game that is the *best* occupier
>>
>>379312607
>friends
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>379312673
It wasn't an insult, it's just a recurring pattern I see among BotW fans, and considering most people got it for Switch, to assume someone singing praise for what is otherwise a mediocre game got it for Switch is not much of a stretch.
>>
>>379308439

I guess the game is fine but the graphics are so much fucking garbage I can't stand watching it.
Nintendo just gave up the technology race for more gimmicks. Zelda OoT had incredible graphics at its time and now this? lel
>>
>>379312465
It's ok, I know playing in other gaming platforms has sucked the fun out of you

;-D
>>
File: 1465908292351.png (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1465908292351.png
8KB, 225x224px
>>379308610
>>379308805
>>379309037
>>379311949
>>379312287

>assumptions
Answer the questions if you're truly not in denial.
>>
>>379308439
so is a link to the past still the best zelda ?
>>
>>379312909
I've been a Nintendo fan since 1993 and have owned every single on of their consoles untill the Switch, so you tell me.

The only nonNintendo consoles I've ever bought are a 360 last gen, and a PS4 which I just got last Holiday.
>>
>>379310780
>>379310374
>>379308439
Seems like it's the younger kiddies that are butthurt over botw LOL
>>
File: 1495496307244.jpg (151KB, 850x907px) Image search: [Google]
1495496307244.jpg
151KB, 850x907px
>>379308439
>31
>MSG3
>It's ok. Wish the latest version of Cemu gelled better with my PC since it now runs worse. Hope the next one fixes that.
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
Okami
It was nice for the first 2 hours, I suppose it's a good game, but not a good zelda game.
6/10
>>
System Shock 2.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. 8/10
>>
>>379312874
>it's just a recurring pattern I see among BotW fans
Sounds more like confirmation bias, you feel that since you didn't like the game that nobody else logically should - as a result, you assume that everyone that got it "must just be salty switch owners!". I don't really know if most people got it on Switch given that CEMU and the Wii U version both exist, but either way it's stupid of you to slap this assumption on my post just because you don't like the fact that I enjoyed the game.
>>
>>379313013
No it was dethroned by OoT and then OoT was dethroned by MM and then MM was dethroned by BotW and that's where we're at.
>>
>>379313013
Second best. Majora is still No.1.
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age
>>Favorite game
God Hand, more recently Binding of Isaac. Other kinos I'm forgetting. MGS3.
Very much, I played about 40-50 hours then stopped after only beating two of the four divine beasts. Can't say for sure if I'll pick it up again but the adventuring kept me going that whole time.
I feel like you're not using all your tools if you think this is just a walking simulator. Are you shield surfing, gliding, making updrafts with fire, etc?
>>
File: 1493926236524.png (79KB, 706x674px) Image search: [Google]
1493926236524.png
79KB, 706x674px
>>379313148
sure pal
>>
>>379310780
>>379313152
>>379310374
It's true. Kids nowadays can't stand a moment without action, a moment where they have to actually move from one location to the next.

They also like entry level titles like EU4 and CK2 instead of the Victoria series.
>>
>>379312926
I already did in another post, nice job assuming I didn't though :^)
>>
>>379308439
BotW is the farthest thing from a walking simulator. It's more like a gliding, climbing, and fast travel simulator. Stop making BotW critics look bad.
>>
>>379308439
star ocean 2
8/10
>>
>>379313209
>for the first 2 hours
have you even left the plateau yet?
I don't think it's possible to do anything in that time
>>
>>379313013
Lol not even close. It's not even the best 2D Zelda. The Oracle games and links awakening blow it oh of the water
>>
File: 1488614669539.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
1488614669539.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>379312926
>>
Dominions 4
I thought it was pretty fun, stop being so butthurt that a game wasn't made for your tastes. You're talking so much shit about entry-level games and missing the whole reason why specialized games are so good: because they appeal directly to the things you like by sacrificing mass appeal.
>>
>>379308439
>27
>LoZ: Link's Awakening
>Solid 9.5/10

Loved it a ton and a great game. Beautiful art style which brings out the world so much.
>>
>>379308439
>>Your age

>>Favorite game
Okami

A whole lot. First open world game I actually enjoyed. Exploration felt like genuine discovery, rather than Skyrim copypasta or No Man's Sky generation. My only gripe is that playing the game for the full experience (dungeons and all) made the final boss so utterly pathetically easy it was insulting.

Not to mention that after all the cutscenes and focus on plot, finding all the memories turned out to be utterly pointless.
>>
File: Link.jpg (1MB, 1077x1522px) Image search: [Google]
Link.jpg
1MB, 1077x1522px
>>379313250
Sales figures show the majority of people got it for Switch.

30,000 people playing it on CeMu is a sneeze compared to the millions sold.

>you feel that since you didn't like the game that nobody else logically should -

Now, I just assume people who like it have shit taste who will eat up whatever is marketed to them. Just the same as the people who like capeshit and nuStar Wars.

Don't get me wrong, I love Legend of Zelda. I just dislike BotW, and hate the overblown hype behind it.
>>
Half-Life 2
About an 8/10 experience
>>
Ocarina of Time

My only gripe with the game is it's too easy to fall off the ledges because Link doesn't have an autograb. Other than that it's a brilliant game that deserves all the praise it gets and more.
>>
>>379308610
Fpbp and /thread. OP is a fag.
>>
File: 1459661793587.png (481KB, 615x387px) Image search: [Google]
1459661793587.png
481KB, 615x387px
>>379309373
>18
come on now...
>>
File: Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg (80KB, 480x612px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Forces_box_cover.jpg
80KB, 480x612px
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
I ahve a few contendors like: BLOOD, pic related, HL1 OF, Titanfall
was fun, but didn't finish it
>>
>>379308439
>24
>nothing
>8.5/10 not perfect but no games are.
>>

Dark Souls 1
>>
>>379313152
It is.

Because stupid fucking kids don't know shit about video games.

I often wonder what /v/ would have been like if it existed back in the late 90's.

Super Mario 64
>Not even a proper mario game!
>Hardly any levels!
>Where's all the special suits?
>What's so special about it? Doesn't do anything that Alpha Waves and Jumping Flash didn't do!

Ocarina Of Time
>Nintendo fell for the 3D meme!
>6/10 at best
>Pushing blocks? Tomb Raider did that already, the game is shit!
>What's so great about it? There's better graphics on PC.
>>
>>379313776
how do you know exactly how many people are playing it on CEMU?
> I just assume people who like it have shit taste who will eat up whatever is marketed to them. Just the same as the people who like capeshit and nuStar Wars.
that's just plain retarded, anon. I hate capeshit and nuStarWars (not a particularly big fan of classic Star Wars either mind you)
if that makes you feel any better
>>
File: IMG_1765.jpg (324KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1765.jpg
324KB, 800x450px
>age
>favorite game
Pikmin 2
>how much you enjoyed BOTW
Enjoyed it a good bit. I haven't been the biggets fan of Zelda games compared to most others, but I have played just about all of the games. If this helps at all, my favorite Zelda game is Majora's Mask, seconded with The Minish Cap.
>>
>>379313531
I've played the game for 50 hours.
>>
File: police-car-new1.png (164KB, 571x295px) Image search: [Google]
police-car-new1.png
164KB, 571x295px
>>379308610
Your under arrest for first degree murder. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand your rights?
>>
File: 1496099735925.jpg (56KB, 600x505px) Image search: [Google]
1496099735925.jpg
56KB, 600x505px
>>379314118
Kek this is so true.
>>
>>379308610
should be the first reply to any thread that asks why you like a game.
>>
>>379314118
Hahaha
It would be great to have 20 years of /v/ arguing to look back at its stupidity
>>
File: image.png (160KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160KB, 360x240px
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
The Elder ScrollsV: Skyrim
Good, good, but I think Skyrim Special Edition is just better.
>>
File: 1392035173292.gif (2MB, 267x151px) Image search: [Google]
1392035173292.gif
2MB, 267x151px
>>379308439
>age
>favorite game
actually probably BotW in a way, but OoT has a special place in my heart still and I replay it yearly
>how much I enjoyed BotW
very much, it was just this time in my life where I could afford to play it comfortably, discuss it with my friends, discover things for myself, roam around aimlessly, try out ideas, and my schedule wasn't fucked up, I wasn't a shut-in or anything at that time, everything just clicked. It doesn't mean it was the best game necessarily but it was my favorite experience playing a game, y'know. I don't know when I'll replay it but I have over 200 hours logged into it and enjoyed each one of them.
>>
>>379314118
yep, when BotW came out people were already pointing that "this is what /v/ would've been like were it around for OoT". BotW isn't a perfect game, and neither is OoT in my opinion, but it does certain things exceptionally well which help it stand out. I can tell that BotW isn't a game for everyone, though, as it's extremely slow-paced (especially if you're the type of player that tries to explore everything), and you can easily miss some of the best moments in the game. Overall, though, BotW is still excellent and it's far too obvious that people shitting on it are just doing it for the sake of contrarianism since they make their points far too extreme to the point it becomes comical. That said, I'm sure there's some out there that legitimately won't like BotW at all, in the same sense that there's people out there that don't like OoT at all.
>>
>>379308439
TWEWY
It's good for what it is and probably the best entry that open world games of this style have to offer, but I think a middleground between BotW's total open-world and a more traditional structured progression, while keeping BotW's physics-based mechanics, would be better for the Zelda series overall.
>>
File: 3x3.png (1MB, 920x920px) Image search: [Google]
3x3.png
1MB, 920x920px
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
I will put my 3x3 for reference, the top left one is my most favourite.
A lot. A whole lot, I usually appreciate linear games with a well thought level design (think about Crash Bandicoot or Mario Galaxy). But BotW surprised me because despite the fact it's not linear, it's actually well designed. The world is built in a way everything works. The challenges, the secrets... It's all a big synergy. Running around is not the main deal about the game, finding something while you walk is. You walk and then a korok seed or a treasure chest or a cove of enemies will make you change direction. I loved getting lost and forgetting where I was heading.
Sure, the game is not flawless (like every single game in existence), I would have preferred more towns and NPCs for instance and more dungeon as big and amazing as Hyrule Castle. But yeah, it's a 9/10 all right.
>>
File: tears-of-laughter.png (46KB, 280x245px) Image search: [Google]
tears-of-laughter.png
46KB, 280x245px
>>379314118
Top kek. /v/ in a nutshell.
>>
File: 1415174307371.jpg (12KB, 236x234px) Image search: [Google]
1415174307371.jpg
12KB, 236x234px
>>379308439

>Why Breath of the Wild's Empty Space is So Important
>Literally nothing is considered good

The mantra of all Switch owners soon to be time-tested
>>
File: 1437065423401.jpg (409KB, 819x1062px) Image search: [Google]
1437065423401.jpg
409KB, 819x1062px
>>379314886
Underrated toddpost
>>
>>379314118
I would have legitimately been mad if faggots on here said that about OoT back then.
>>
WHERE IS MY HARD MODE NINTENDO
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A HARD MODE
>>
>>379313776
That's bullshit and you know it, you condescending faggot. If they have fun you should let them be happy in their own way, even if they are rolling in filth
>>
>>379314118
This post may as well be copied and pasted into every video game thread. You can't make anything better than this.
>>
>>379308439
Zone of the enders the 2nd runner
I haven't played it, It looks fun but I have a five game rule for consoles. Right now the only game I want to play is BotW. When the new monster hunter and a few other games come out I'll pick one up.
>>
>>379310042
>said while browsing /v/ on Chrome using Windows 10 and texting on his iPhone
>>
>>379315837
it's illegal, fuck 'em.
>>
>>379308439
>22
>Ninja Gaiden (NES)
>8/10

It's not a perfect game, but it's a good example of /one way/ to do open-world. I've been thinking lately that the three best examples of open world are Witcher 3, Skyrim, and BotW.
Witcher has an amazingly crafted world and story. Skyrim allows for incredible immersion and, despite highly repetitive gameplay, allows for hundreds of hours to be put into it. BotW is a textbook example for natural exploration and discovery in a world.

tl;dr BotW isn't amazing, but it's pretty much the antithesis to anything else coming out of Japan, so it gets bonus points for that.
>>
>>379315161

just wanted to point out that you are the first anon i can completely agree with on his 3x3
Good taste my man
>>
>>379308439
Deus Ex
It's a 10/10 game.
>>
>>379315837
I can criticize shit opinions all I like, fuck you Reddit.
>>
>>379308439
>favorite game
Ghost Trick
>BOTW
I enjoyed it a lot but it was lackluster narrative-wise. GOTY along with Automata
>>
>>379310926
Openworld.jpg in general, my dude.
Zelda sure ain't no exception.
>>
>>379316605
>stop liking what I don't like!!!!!!!
>>
>>379316605
You can criticize all you want but you can't invalidate others opinions based in your own experiences, asshole
>>
>>379316507
Thank you, bro, I appreciate it.
>>
>>379308439
Star Control 2
Honestly still playing through it, pretty fun though, at least an 8/10.
>>
>>379310409
>trash. 6/10
God I hate NeoGA/v/
>>
File: woah.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
woah.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>379316613
>along with Automata
>>
File: 1386879516652.gif (2MB, 340x190px) Image search: [Google]
1386879516652.gif
2MB, 340x190px
>>379308439
>running around open fields as a perfected, enjoyable experience
Moving around feels good because humans are made for walking (daily reminder we were nomads for most of our "life"), and of course because the game has good movement controls and overall gamefeel, Nintendo is always pretty good at that.

>on par with real gameplay experiences and/or storytelling.
That's subjetive, and nobody is seriously is saying that, faggot.

>This has to be generational.
See the Bartle taxonomy of player types, especially the EXPLORERS part, you ignorant newfag.
>>
>>379310409
>i think it's trash
>rates it above average

Make up your mind, anon
>>
>>379308439
Bloodborne
Breath of the Wild is the Number 2 spot of Game of The Generation

Get fucked
>>
>>379309220
Blade babies need to be gassed, xenoblade x is way more of a xeno game than blade 1
>>
File: 1455860536461.jpg (55KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1455860536461.jpg
55KB, 600x400px
>>379308439
>18
>Currently MGR (replaying on Revengeance)
>I enjoyed it quite a bit. It felt great to explore Hyrule completing side-quests and fighting guys. I took a break from it after 50 hours, though (at the start of my 3rd Divine Beast). I'll probably pick it back up after the 1st DLC pack comes out.
>>
>>379308439
>28
>The Witcher 3
>Yeah didn't play BoTW, but guaranteed that Witcher 3 is better, at least for bookfag like me
>>
>>379309220
>Xenoblade X doesn't deserve to wear the Xenoblade name, it was such trash and waste of a good world
Bullshit.
>>
File: 1493598525859.jpg (30KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
1493598525859.jpg
30KB, 612x491px
>>379317124
>playing video game for plot
>>
>>379309220
Of all the dumb opinions I read today, this is the worst one.
>>
It's a pretty good game, but it definitely has some problems. The open world is great, but the Divine Beasts are trash-tier dungeons, there's hardly any noteworthy music which is super jarring for Zelda, and phase 1 of Ganon's fight is shit.
>>
>>379308439
>19
>Mega Man X
>8.5/10, it wasn't perfect and long sessions could get boring if you're in a stretch of land without much to find but I still enjoyed it. I could see why some people wouldn't though. You really have to be into gameplay for gameplay's sake and making your own objectives to get something out of it.
>>
>>379317124
>didn't play BoTW, but guaranteed that Witcher 3 is better
I feel this sums up all the BotW haters.
>>
>>379308610
Fpbp, shitposters never learn
>>
>>379308439
>26
>MGSV
>Quite a bit

Botw may be a better game, but I'm a sucker for shootan
>>
>>379312454
Yeah, this is why people enjoy stuff like literal driving simulators. A lot of wagies just like to shut their brain off at the end of the day.
>>
>20
>Majora's Mask
>A lot, it's an excellent game

After playing for more than one hundred hours and completing all shrines, I could see where the game is flawed, but still it's one of the best experiences this generations, much better than shit like Witcher 3, Rockstar's and Ubisoft's open-worlds, Bethesda, Bioware, those game literally hold your hand all the way trough with little exploration, bad combat, a checklist of things to do and they hide under the guise of a "good story" but their story is similar to a B movie.
>>
>>379316891
>le epic contrarian opinion xD
Kill yourself.
>>
>>379317410
>there's hardly any noteworthy music
lol no. Just because music doesn't play on a continuous loop doesn't mean it's bad
>>
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
can't really answer this, brood war, monster hunter, melee, spelunky
A whole fucking lot honestly, exploring the world and finding stuff here and there is fun and it manages to make moving from point A to point B an enjoyable experience, I didn't even start doing the main questline until well into the game.
>>
>26
>Gothic II
>GOTY for me
>>
>>379311546
>I'm going to be brutally honest with you,
there isn't a brutally honest word in that post kek

play a real game kid
>>
>>379308439
Starcraft 2
I'd give it a 9/10

It was fun, the endgame was dumb though. It's one of the only games I've ever played where the beginning 3/4 of the game are immensely more fun than the final 4/4. The only other game I can compare that to is New Vegas.
>>
>>379317797
>It was fun, the endgame was dumb though. It's one of the only games I've ever played where the beginning 3/4 of the game are immensely more fun than the final 4/4. The only other game I can compare that to is New Vegas.

Alien:Isolation fits into this too.
>>
Favorite Video Game: Earthbound
How Much did I enjoy BOTW?: I liked it, though towards the the middle point of the game, I got bored of game and just wanted to finish it.
>>
>>379317770
I liked his post actually, brutal and elegante at the same time, the OP needed to hear those truths sooner or later.
>>
>>379317608
Contrarian how
>>
I agree OP, it has to be generational, people who are in their teens will obviously hate it because it looks childish and you have to explore instead of just getting all the edgy story giving directly to your face.

Adults who don't feel the need to prove they're mature will like it, because they game makes you feel like a kid, a kid exploring a distant world with a fun story and a shit load to do and experiment with.
>>
File: 521[2].jpg (34KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
521[2].jpg
34KB, 500x346px
>>379308610
Honestly this.
There's absolutely no point in EVER arguing with someone on /v/ that already has a bias. You're never going to change their minds or make them actually think differently, so it's pointless.
>>
File: 1459693997133.jpg (116KB, 659x548px) Image search: [Google]
1459693997133.jpg
116KB, 659x548px
>>379317770
>Being THIS mad.
How will /v/ ever recover from BOTW booty blasting.
>>
>>379308439
>24
>BOTW
>I fucking loved it
>>
>>379317957
>it's popular so I'm gonna shit on it for le epic maymay
It's not 10/10 game of all time like people were making out to be, but you know what, it's still the best thing that came out this year.
>>
>>379318093
>a bunch of weebs like staring at ass so it's good!

lol
>>
>>379308439
>25
>Majora's Mask
>Fucking loved it, still play a bit now and then
>>
I can't believe people will praise this game and will continue to ignore it's faults, I loved the game but it's far from being the best game of all time. I still feel like OoT/Majoras Mask are in contention to be the best in the series while BOTW is next.
>>
File: paleo4chan.png (11KB, 751x324px) Image search: [Google]
paleo4chan.png
11KB, 751x324px
>>379314118
>>379314415
>>379314519
>>379315024
>>379315510
>>379315649

>>379315872
say no more
>>
File: 1377627246066.jpg (23KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1377627246066.jpg
23KB, 500x284px
>>379318163
You just proved my point, mate.
>>
>>379318212
>OoT

no
>>
>>379311924
The bird miracle is FAR more broken to get first, followed by the fish.

Making climbing trivial is far more important than overpowered healing when you can just cook your way through every obstacle.
>>
>>379318093
Not the same anon but I the years is half way through, I feel like it's still too early to call it GOTY.
>>
>>379318319
no I didn't
>>
>>379318316
all me btw ;)
>>
>>379318441
You couldn't explain why the game is bad, even in subjectiveness. You just posted a meme reply and pretended you said something.
>>
>>379318323
I believe that in my opinion Majoras Mask is the best in the series. I just put OoT so I don't get autistic replies.
>>
File: 1427746036572.gif (150KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1427746036572.gif
150KB, 500x333px
>>379308439
Silent Hill 3
Breath of the Wild is a strong contender for Game of the Year.

Its the hardest Zelda to date. I love that it doesnt hand hold. Its rare for modern Nintendo to make something like this. It looks like its feeding off Dark Souls, which is neat.
>>
>>379308439
Oddworld
Didn't play it and have no plans to. Overall I prefer the jc2 sandbox experience of just do crazy shit and have fun to the more modern collectathon and craftathon sandbox. Not to mention the game will fall into the same pit mgsv did where most of the cool interactions don't matter because they're not practical
>>
>>379318569
shitty gameplay, awful graphics, terrible map design
>>
>>379308439
>kino
>>
>>379318585
>I believe that in my opinion Majoras Mask is the best in the series.

That's still pretty dumb
>>
>>379312454
I know some people just play games for distraction but I can't fucking understand that either. The cost vs. reward tradeoff can't even approach the WORST capeshit movie or normie Netflix show. And those things don't carry the stigma of being for kids.
>>
Deus Ex, Oni
I thought it was pretty good, doing some things better than any other game out there, but it falls short on some other things too.

Best way I can rate it it's a 8/10 that at it's best it's a 10/10 and at its worst it's a 5/10
>>
>>379318847
>The cost vs. reward tradeoff can't even approach the WORST capeshit movie or normie Netflix show

what?
>>
>>379318635
>prefers one of the worst games ever made over any Zelda (even the shitty ones)
Even peasant have a better taste
>>
>>379308439
>23
>TWEWY
>liked it more than any previous Zelda
>>
>>379318635
>the same pit mgsv did where most of the cool interactions don't matter because they're not practical

what?
>>
>>379318957
You calling oddworld shit?
Or just cause 2 shit?
Because I'll fight you on both occasions
>>
>>379318947
Are you 12 or just stupid?

Do you know what cost vs. reward even entails in that sentence? Please tell me English isn't your native language.
>>
>>379308439
Dark Souls
9/10

Stop being an asspained retard about other people's tastes, honestly stop being anything if this is an accurate glimpse of who you are.
>>
>>379318791
The Zelda has a barely any bad games in the series aside from Skyward Sword and maybe Zelda 2. It's hard to rank them honestly.
>>
>>379308439
Breath of the Wild
200+ hours of enjoyment, taking a break waiting for DLC
>>
>>379308610
damn, another winner.
keep your sage on, boiz
>>
File: 1492964058465.png (52KB, 251x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492964058465.png
52KB, 251x250px
>>379318615
>Its the hardest Zelda to date.
>>
>>379319142

Do you not know what an opinion is or something?
>>
>>379308439
>19
>Sonic 3 & Knuckles
When I got it I played it for like 3 days straight, and after that I got burnt out and haven't played it since. didn't even finish it
>>
>>379308439
BW
A lot, still play it after beating it
>>
>>379319262
m-muh Zulda 2
>>
File: 1489795338773.jpg (673KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
1489795338773.jpg
673KB, 1000x929px
>>379308439
>28
>black and white
>7.5 out of 10
>>
>>379318615

Patrician opinions about Breath of the Wild:
>The weapon combat feels shallow with a limited set of attacks: swords only slash from left to right, have to switch to a spear to poke, etc.
>The rain is annoying because there's no way to counter it while climbing, you just have to wait it out
>Link drowns way too quickly while swimming, you should be able to rest in the water to regain stamina
>There should have been more than five dungeons
>The Rito and Goron towns feel really underwhelming and unfinished compared to the Zora and Gerudo areas
>120 shrines does feel like padding, there should have been more shrine quests like Eventide Island and the labyrinth
>a lot of the side quests are fetch quests and aren't worth doing
Now, even with all of those gripes, this game is still one of the best games I've ever played, and I'm excited to see how Nintendo builds on it.
>>
>>379318957
Just Cause 2, I remember buying it for $60 back in the day, my first PS3 game was GTAIV and I loved it, I wanted another experience like that so much, so after much research I found out about Just Cause 2 and everything about it seemed wonderful, the videos, gameplays, cities, map, easter eggs. I was expecting a game that merged GTAIV and GTASA, JC2 was supposed to be that game, but after playing, something grew inside me, something born of hatred, anger, disappointment.

The cities are all fucking desertic, the cars are terrible, it's actually fun to jump around like spider-man, but it gets extremely tired after sometime because you do absolutely nothing in the map besides killing random people and buying shit, the "easter eggs" are pathetic, I mean the ideas were cool like the island. from Lost or the dead whale on the beach, but there's nothing besides that, there's no charm to the game, the protagonist is not even charismatic and the story is one of the worst parts, I hated the mission, stop after doing 10 of them I think. This game is no GTA, it's not even close to being as good as GTA, it's not even a good open-world desu.
>>
>>379308782
10 inch view distance. What did nintendo meme by this?
>>
>>379320072
lol
>>
>>379320072
You're these too anon:
>There's no reason to upgrade for bigger Shield and Bow storage space slots when the weapon you're using the most are Swords/Spears
>there's no enemy variety and combat becomes a chore.
>Upgrading Armor makes you OP.
>>
>>379320072
>The weapon combat feels shallow with a limited set of attacks: swords only slash from left to right, have to switch to a spear to poke, etc.
bait
>The rain is annoying because there's no way to counter it while climbing, you just have to wait it out
The game is about survival in the world, you can counter the rain by making a bonfire and resting there or you can find other ways to reach your destinations without resorting to climbing. There's even a bar on the screen showing the days that will rain.
>Link drowns way too quickly while swimming, you should be able to rest in the water to regain stamina
bait
>There should have been more than five dungeons
Certainly would be better if it had, hopefully they will make much more on the next one.
>The Rito and Goron towns feel really underwhelming and unfinished compared to the Zora and Gerudo áreas
Rito does feel quite short and uninspired
>120 shrines does feel like padding, there should have been more shrine quests like Eventide Island and the labyrinth
There are 45 shrine quests, they are one of the best things of the game, I don't see the problem here
>a lot of the side quests are fetch quests and aren't worth doing
The real side-quests are the shrines quests, the others are just mini-challenges that tries to make the player explore for things, do more climbings, search etc, but there are even a few funny ones that are worth doing.
>>
>>379320072
>you just have to wait it out
That's the point you autistic fuck
>>
>>379308439
>29
>last favorite was Dark Souls, but I'm really burnt out on the series now
>Plateau was good, but the rest is kind of a mess. There's no point in posting a laundry list of problems people have mentioned thousands of times already though. I just hope they reuse the engine to make something actually good in a year or 2.
>>
>>379308439
>26
>Morrowind
>Enjoyed it a lot, it's a great game, probably the best Zelda
>>
>>379321009
Considering how frequently it rains in the game, that means that I have to do a lot of waiting. It'd be really easy to offest, too. Just give Link some climbing gloves with grip, or a fucking umbrella with a god damn triforce on it, I don't know.
>>
>>379308439
>implying BoTW isn't a running/climbing simulator
>>
>>379321406
Don't just wait, do something else lol like just walk around lmao
>>
>>379309654
Xfags never played anything other than XCX, they're degenerates
>>
>>379310871
It was a dumb opinion even then, but he's right, I do remember reading forum posts calling TES something along those lines. Walking anywhere in Daggerfall was a pointless excursion though, so I can see why its fans have an aversion to it.
>>
>>379312112
He managed to find a 14 year old forum post upon request, with the exact term claimed.
>>
>>379321406

Just find shelter and make a campfire. Snowstorms are worse because they go away maybe 1 hour each day and you can never enjoy the view.
>>
>>379308439
>25
>TLOU (not kidding. Was at a very weird point in my life)
>throughly enjoying it. Just got my switch but it's so much better than older zeldas imo
>>
>>379321493
lol I think you got the wrong visual there, I don't just freeze up when it starts raining and set down the controller.
>>379322115
I'll give you an example of the rain being really frustrating. When you get to the Akkala research lab, you have to retrieve a blue flame and bring it back to Robbie's research lab. The game gives you a decent challenge by putting the flame on a hill across from the research lab, with a river in between and bunch of moblins and a decayed Guardian. This is all fine, it's a real challenge.

But you know what makes it bullshit? It started raining, putting out the flame I was carrying. I managed to light a few lanterns along the path so I didn't have to completely backtrack, but I couldn't progress until the rain went away. I started a campfire in one of the skull shelters.
>Wait until morning
>Still raining
>Wait until noon
>Rain
>Wait until evening
>Hey it stopped rainin- oh the forecast calls for rain in about two minutes
>Wait until morning
>Rain
>Wait until morning
>Rain
>Wait until morning
>CLEAR FUCKING SUNNY SKIES GOOD GOD
It was so frustrating.
>>
Breath of the Wild is that fleshed out version of Hyrule that I always wanted. Though I rather have had it in an properous Hyrule instead of a declining one.
>>
>>379322509

That's true, Akkala is a fucking monsoon half the time for some reason.
>>
>calling botw a walking sim
Just fucking kill yourself you waste of space.
>>
Sonic 3 Complete
4/5

Damn good game, but not one of the best I've ever played.
>>
>>379322509
I believe the constant rain is not only to set a region's mood but Nintendo's autistic "you should only play one hour and then take a 15 minute break bullshit" being forcefully thrown to your face
>>
>>379308439
Not sure if I can finger one favorite, but Tales of Vesperia and Accent Core-onwards Guilty Gear are way up there, just for how much I played them as a teenager.
I thought it was okay, I guess. There is some neat stuff there, but I generally prefer games with more compact, focused linearity in general, and I've also never particularly crazy about Zelda in the first place. Also, the performance problems bugged me a lot.
>>
>>379318847
I get you, that's a good point, anon. Your example highlights how they cling to a specific and absurd distraction, which is an important part of the puzzle. What's funny is that games are simply better sick-person magnets than capeshit, and so are 30 part lets plays. Why is that? I think people actually have a taste for filler. Their conception of happiness exclusively designates "long-term relief" as happiness, and games with a shit ton of filler are simply the better long term distraction. Your tastes can be eclipsed by insecurity, and you can see this in some people really clearly.

What makes someone so frozen solid in the imagination like that? They draw lines across things, but never question the lines. What they do instead is obsess over what side of the line they fall on (am I happy? am I liked?). This is my own way of modelling superstition, at least. This is just one idea of what keeps them locked down into one specific formula that has them "play games for distraction", though they would say "play the games I enjoy the most".
>>
>>379308439
I am 23 years old.
My favorite food is melon.
I enjoyed.
>>
File: YouAreWhatYouEat.gif (477KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
YouAreWhatYouEat.gif
477KB, 420x315px
>>379308439

>The assblast is still THIS REAL
>>
File: IMG_1262.jpg (39KB, 409x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1262.jpg
39KB, 409x445px
>24
>Metal Gear Solid 2
>Enjoyed BotW quite bit, GotY contender, but would've preferred more OoT style dungeons, MM style sidequests, a WW style soundtrack, and TP style combat. BotW is a jack-of-all master-of-none
>>

Mario Bros. 3

Enjoyed it very much so far, still having a great time every time I get to spend time with it. I think I'm at about 30 hours.
>>
>>379322645

Same. Running around the entire kingdom and climbing everywhere without limitations is what I've always wanted since OoT. Well, it's almost without limitations. I seriously want to know what's on the other side of the bottomless chasm, and the invisible walls could have been extended a fair bit.
>>
>>379308439

You'd rather the game world be instanced?
>>
>>379323896
what you just described is the reason I really don't like it. The ability to just climb over everything makes both enemy encounters and level design pointless or non-existent.

The way the game describes the world and how the world actually is in the game also seems really miss-matched. Zora's domain had the only real threat and the others just have inconveniences or just ignore the ganon plight completely.
>>
Bloodborne/The Witcher
Not a lot. I might use some cheat engine to give myself max stamina, HP and weapon durability because everything that isn't just exploration is pretty bad. Shrines have been awful so far, but I like puzzles for the koroks.
>>
>>379308439
mgs2
didn't play

i fucking hate open world games though
>>
File: 6623968-3x2-940x627.jpg (85KB, 940x627px) Image search: [Google]
6623968-3x2-940x627.jpg
85KB, 940x627px
>>379324775
>The ability to just climb over everything makes both enemy encounters and level design pointless or non-existent.
>>
>18
>Breath of the wild, used to be Majora's Mask
>Issa mastapiece
>>
>>379324775
Haha
>>
>>379325176
You don't have to play it as an open world game though. Just do what everyone tells you and it playes almost completely like a traditional Zelda.

Seeing that you're a Metal gear buff though, I'm going to assume you never did play Zelda.
>>
File: kmhm10-00369-1.jpg (87KB, 411x462px) Image search: [Google]
kmhm10-00369-1.jpg
87KB, 411x462px
>>379308439
>This has to be generational. I can understand kids growing up on Bethesda and Minecraft with no better sources, but that's the extent of it.

In my experience it's the total opposite, more mature gamers understand exactly why BotW has received the critical appraisal it has. The bitching mostly comes from clueless kiddies who don't understand the first fucking thing about game design.
>>
>>379324775

Yeah, it's unfortunate that the game never really had any sense of urgency, other than the incoming flood at Zora's. Probably the biggest example of divine beast doing fucking nothing is the bird beast. I mean for fuck's sake, it's flying directly above the town, and it has air-to-ground weaponry, yet it's the most harmless one of them all. At least the camel whipped up a huge sandstorm, and the lizard bombarded you with rocks once a week.
>>
>19
>DOOM 2
>never played. Looks fun though
>>
>>379325980
dis
>>
>>379325918
played some of them, and liked some

and mgs is dead to me since peace walker so there's that

i really don't see a point to these empty worlds full of +1 counters of findable gizmos

though i did like sotc
>>
>>379308439
T. People that can't afford a Switch.
>>
>>379308439
>21
>Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
>Never played it

I wanted a normal 3D Zelda game, and now any future Zeldas are probably gonna be like BOTW.
>>
>>379326531
If they erase shrines and put proper dungeons I would be fine with that being the new Zelda standard
>>
>>379323242
i think you are an autist and likely retarded
>>
>>379314118
Great post.
>>
>>379327207
>I don't read my manuals
Ok kiddo, bet you didn't play Triforce Heroes too
>>
>>379308439
Halo: Combat Evolved
I enjoyed it quite a bit. Didn't finish it though. It's a 90 to me.
>>
>>379327179
I don't like the weapon/durability system. It's neat to be able to pick up enemy weapons like in wind waker but I like having a default sword.
>>
File: 1187583439652.png (92KB, 180x291px) Image search: [Google]
1187583439652.png
92KB, 180x291px
>>379323718
>Cognitive Bias: The Thread: The Post
>>
>>379325371
It does, though. Posting reaction images doesn't counter the argument.

>Guardian o noes
>Run and climb
>Done

>Moblin army
>Run and Climb
>Done

>The entire game is literally running and climbing

Even D1Z1's core gameplay has more depth.
>>
File: 1365926098736.jpg (115KB, 435x435px) Image search: [Google]
1365926098736.jpg
115KB, 435x435px
>>379325980
>muh game design

By far, the weakest argument in the whole thread. Up there with "it's fun" as a rebuttal worth jack-fucking-shit.

Trying explain off BotW based on game mechanics means needing to also formulate an argument for stamina, durability, ubisoft towers, lack of shrine and monster variety, and lack of value/variety of sidequests and their subsequent reward systems.

Don't go down that rabbit hole, /v/, because you know even less about game design than those you accuse.
>>
>>379308439
FFT:WotL
It was ok. I didn't like getting all the tools in the beginning area instead of unlocking it in dungeons in order to defeat bosses. I think it needed more than 5 dungeons the final area being the only thing really resembling one. The combat was ez mode but the exploring and methods of travel were pretty good. I really liked shield surfing and shooting enemies with a bow. The enemies weren't varied enough and all DLC should have been free.
>>
>>379326526
Nice try Ninten-Chan. I played it on CEMU, buyers remorse and selective bias-free. Without that veil, it's a 7/10 at best. You'll realize this just before the new metacritics reduce it to the 89 it belongs at.
>>
>>379329542
>you know even less about game design than those you accuse.

Fucking try me you clueless child. I WANT you to.
>>
>>379308439
buddy, walking simulators are like gone home and the cinematic bullshit like last of us.
large expansive worlds aren't walking simulators and you butthurt over the next Ocarina of Time won't rewrite that fact.
also >>379308610
>>
>>379330321
>large expansive worlds aren't walking simulators
They are by very definition, and OP links a video claiming and trying to defend exactly that.

BOTW is far closer to Skyrim or Witcher than OOT.
>>
>>379308610
underrated post
>>
>>379314118
/v/ BTFO.
>>
File: 349.gif (94KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
349.gif
94KB, 500x285px
>>379314415
>>379314519
>>379315510
>>379315872
>>379327302
>>379330824

And they say there's no paid shills on /v/. How nice of Nintendo to invest in you instead of actual games.
>>
>>379308439
>23
>TW101
>I liked it a whole lot, easily my GOTY, it has a lot of flaws but the good outweights the bad and if they keep the formula in the next entry but add some minor fixes and add dungeons in the same level or greater than Hyrule Castle, then it's a Game of the Generation contender
>>
>>379308439
30 years old.
Super Mario World.
Enjoyed it enough to give it a 9/10.
>>
>>379331152
Super Mario World was the first and only game which gave my thumb a blister.
>>
File: smugward.png (351KB, 427x447px) Image search: [Google]
smugward.png
351KB, 427x447px
>>379308439
MGS3
It's my GOTY so far
>>
>>379308439
Majora's Mask
BotW is the second best Nintendo game of all time.
>>
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
Dragon's Dogma or Castlevania: SotN
I'd probably give it a 9/10 or 9.5/10
Good world full of diverse areas and places to visit, colorful as opposed to grey/brown AAA open world games, fun characters, charming music when there was some, no linear progression since your weapons break, enjoyable side quests, hyrule castle was fucking awesome, true definition of freedom in a game.
Could use a few more of the popular Zelda enemies, as well as the dungeons could have been better
>>
>>379308439
>game
>storytelling
This is how I know that you are underage
>>
Vagrant Story
It's good.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>379308610
>>
File: 1356301841526.jpg (25KB, 290x270px) Image search: [Google]
1356301841526.jpg
25KB, 290x270px
>>379308610
It's been a hard day as a Nintendo fan after the Pokemon announce. I'm with you FP. Hang in there.
>>
>>379308439
>19
>Xenoblade Chronicles
>BotW was fun, and felt original compared to older Zelda games. Not GotY tier tho.
>>
File: monster.jpg (63KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
monster.jpg
63KB, 600x600px
>>379331928
That's the best you can come up with? Sad.
>>
>>379332001
>>BotW was fun, and felt original compared to older Zelda games. Not GotY tier tho.

It will win GOTY regardless.
>>
>>379308439
>kino
End yourself retard
>>
>26
>Metroid Prime

It wasn't perfect, but for the last 3-5 years there's been a considerable drop in quality with AAA new releases, and BotW reminded me of when games were given fresh right from the get go. I've played plenty of open world games before BotW and while it's not innovative or groundbreaking, the sum of its parts makes for a unique and wholesome experience which is rare for such a now-bloated genre. The weakest aspect is combat, which feels very thin against the backlog of LoZ games who did combat perfectly, namely Zelda II, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess (GC). The strongest part is the overall presentation - the game engine has lots of polish and novelty, the NPCs all have wonderful personality (except Zelda, easily the worst of the series), it's hard to pick what environment was done the best, the intro plateau gave a wonderful opening. I'm keeping the ending blocked out of my head for how godawful it was but i look forward to the DLC hopefully expanding it to something else.

1. Majora's Mask
2. Zelda II
3. Wind Waker
4. BotW
5. Link's Awakening
>>
>>379314494
Srsly why even bother talking about games
>>
>>379308439
>Your age
>Favorite game
xenoblade chronicles
9.5/10

I feel like the people who didn't like it are the ones who went to one divine beast and killed ganon afterward, it's a game about the journey, not the destination.
>>
File: 1449869972709.jpg (441KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1449869972709.jpg
441KB, 810x810px
>30
>DOS X-com
Can't believe how few comments there are on how ass the dungeons actually are. Easy but annoying gimmicks in every one. Knocked 2 points off the game just for that, and then the copypaste bosses...it's a 6/10 but by no means a OOT killer. No music didn't help it either in a series known for memorable melodies. I played the open world meme before so I'm by no means the target audience: blind Nint0dler or rookie game reviewer.

The only fun I had was Teba's archery minigame and the paraglider distance test. I think only one of those had music jesus christ Nintendo.

Good thing Monolithsoft salvaged what they could. This would've been a total disaster without them.
>>
>>379308439
>20
>tough one, I guess SoTN?
>10/10
>>
File: 1364724439686.jpg (7KB, 151x140px) Image search: [Google]
1364724439686.jpg
7KB, 151x140px
>Any game that features exploration is now a walking simulator

stupidity levels rising
>>
File: 1447006983075.jpg (134KB, 433x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447006983075.jpg
134KB, 433x480px
>>379333080
>stupidity levels rising

clearly. why would you even post that without reading it?
>>
>>379332964
>The only fun I had was Teba's archery minigame
kek that shit was braindead easy, way to ruin your entire post.
>>
>>379308782
where are the chests from the expansion pack? I have no clue where to start looking.
>>
>>379333276
>you can't have fun with easy things
underage detected
>>
>>379308439
Dark Souls
I enjoyed it very much, I played it for about a month straight, I would give it four and a half out of five stars.
>>
>>379308610
What a great fuckin post. And its the first one at that!I hope a lot of people see this thread and this post.
>>
>>379308439
Doom (1993)
I really enjoyed it for the first few hours but after about maybe 12-15 hours and doing the elephant dungeon, I sort of just got bored with it, and the performance pissed me off (wii u).
>>
>24
>DaS1 or Bloodborne
>Fucking loved it
>>
>>379333568
I really hope all those replies are just the butthurt general or a janitor bandwagon and not (you) constantly pointing out how sad you are post after post.
>>
>>379308439
MGS3
10/10
>>
>>379333468
it lasts like 5 seconds though since it's so simple
>>
>>379312926
>wojackposter
You know what's really going on here
>>
File: 1237920439422.gif (651KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1237920439422.gif
651KB, 500x422px
>27
>mgs3
>playing nintendo
>>
>>379334205
>tfw realizing you blew a whole season of your show banking on hillary winning but trump won instead
>>
>Ask a question
>Mentions BOTW may not be God in vidya form
>Iwata's Children ignore and derail it

At least their game lets them know what it feels like to ever take the high ground...
>>
I'll be an intruder so fuck you
mgs3 subisistance
From everything I've heard and saw of BotW it's cachting up to be one of my top 3 Zelda games, them being:
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Wind Waker ( soon to be replaced)
I'm not a Nintando fan neither enjoy most of it's games, bought a gamecube only for resident evil and then never again and have a dusty ds.
>>
>>379308439
I hate open world games in general. Anything more open world than dark souls and I normally have it
>>
>>379308439
>21
>A Link to the Past
>Felt like it was missing too much stuff I personally felt like it should have, but still liked it
>>
>>379308439
Mega Man Legends
110 hours into BOTW before I moved on. I liked it.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.