[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

woah... so this... is the power... of the dark soul

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

woah... so this... is the power... of the dark soul
>>
I don't know what people's problem with this fight was I thought it was fucking amazing.
>>
>>379306465
when i first loaded that i though it said Shovel Knight Gael

Shovel Knight soulslike when
>>
File: 1486156941788.jpg (80KB, 520x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486156941788.jpg
80KB, 520x750px
>>379306465
>grasscrest shield 2k17
wut
>>
GIVE IT TO ME....THAT _____
>>
>>379308889
>Hand it over. That thing, your VIDEO GAME TITLE
ugh... really video game??
>>
>>379306465
Quite literally for once. Otherwise he'd just be Guts vanilla.
>>
File: 1496781506574.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496781506574.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>379308889

Hing, yur Dark Souls
>>
>>379306631
It's just a big dude with a sword that does flips and magic and shit, like all those shitty DaS2 DLC bosses and a dozen bosses from this game. It's just another fight that can be summed up by "hit the bad guy, don't get hit"
To add insult to injury, this is the LAST boss of the Souls series. A literal who that the player has no interest or emotional investment in, is suddenly now the most important character in the universe.
>>
>>379313253
>It's just another fight that can be summed up by "hit the bad guy, don't get hit"
that's every fight in the entire series retard
>>
>>379313253
YAY DUDE, IT'LL BE COOLER IF THEY PUT SOME RANDOM GIANT, OR SOME DRAGON/GOAT/STRAY DEMON INSTEAD OF ACTUAL GOOD LOOKING BOSSES!
>>
>>379313473
This wasn't the case in Demon's Souls and a good portion of the bosses in Dark Souls, even if they were just big bad guys there was at least something memorable and unique.
I can't remember most bosses from 2 and 3, most of them ended up just being stronger trash mobs.
>>
>>379313253
>A literal who
That's every fight in the series. Just a bunch of people who often happen to be a shell of their former selves. It almost sounds deep, but it really isn't, the world is just fucked.
>>
>>379313253
I don't think you even played the games.
>>
File: 1462263022265.jpg (88KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1462263022265.jpg
88KB, 1000x668px
>>379313253
The last boss of the souls series is actually Lord of Cinder, you retard.
>>
>>379306465
So I'm currently playing Dark Souls 3 and it literally feels and looks like Bloodborne just that the movement is a bit clunkier.

>Undead Settlement = Hemwick Chapel Lane
>Irythill of the Boreal Valley = Yharnam
>Anor Londo = Cainhurst Castle/Yharnam
>Catacombs/Dungeon = Chalice dungeons
>Grand Archives = Hunter's Nightmare
>oceiros and untended graves = Bloodborne horror optic + copypaste swamps
>Dreag Heap = Hunter's nightmare
>many enemy types feel like 1:1 clones
>statues and graves everywhere
>bosses have identical moves - friede = lady maria

I'm not complaining but it's very obvious.
>>
>>379314447

See, this is why I actually liked Lord of Cinder. Sure, it was easy and just a Gwyn rehash, but it was you fighting every one of your previous characters plus the original Lord himself. It was thematic and climactic.

But he isn't the last boss now. After we all beat LoC, we did the DLCs, and the last taste we'll ever have of Dark Souls is I WANNA BE ARTORIAS Gael.
>>
>>379314192
Not every fight, especially not the last
Ds1 final boss = gwyn, the man who fucked everything up
Ds1 final dlc boss = a representation of the abyss and humanity
Ds2 final boss = shitty literal who, i'll give you that
Ds2 final dlc boss = Aldia who shows his branchy face occationally and has an entire area named after with hidden lore
Ds3 final boss = Soul of all the player who beat the game
Ds3 final dlc boss = a literal who, especially if you didn't buy the first dlc. who rambles about you having a dark soul and wanting pigment for his wife's painting, while eating people alive.
What the fuck man.
>>
>>379314813
Name ONE fucking move that's similar to Artorias.
>>
>>379314036
that's your nostalgia kicking in
>>
>>379315436
he literally dragged you into the painting of the first dlc. I'm sorry, you're just simply wrong. Gael has about as much screen time as any other souls boss. Stop being retarded.
>>
File: 1496217454160.gif (78KB, 237x115px) Image search: [Google]
1496217454160.gif
78KB, 237x115px
>>379315458
All of them besides and swings a sword
>>
>>379313253
>big dude with a sword
never was a problem
the problem of DS2 bosses was that they are designed like shit
meanwhile Gael is an excellent 3-phase battle with assloads of different moves
>literal who
you're fighting against the fucking Dark Soul
>>
>>379306631
>people's problem with this fight was
Most people think it's a great bossfight.

The lore surrounding him however is utter dogshit.
>>
>>379315680
because he swings a sword
>>
>>379313253
>like all those shifty DaS2 DLC bosses

Wrong. Big guys in armor that move really slow and have 2 hit combos are nothing like Gael.
>>
>>379314813
>first a Guts comparison
>now an Artorias comparison
make up your mind you schizoid fuck
>>
>>379315436
DS3 Final DLC Boss = A Brave Knight who lived since the very beginning of time who was the last hope to create another world.
A Brave Knight who sacrifies himself to consume the Dark Soul of Man and mix it with his own blood, and waits a Champion to kill him so his niece could paint a new world and free Humanity from the curse of the Gods
>>
>>379315436
All of these are literal whos. You mongs spend too much time watching lore videos instead of playing the fucking games. No one should be playing dark souls for the shitty lore and characters.
>>
Friede having 3 phases was laughably bad. Like, I actually chuckled and thought "From, the fuck are you doing anymore?". It was just like they completely ran out of ideas.
>>
>>379314813
>DaS1 final boss is Gwyn
>DaS1 DLC boss is Artorias
>DaS3 final boss is a Gwyn rehash
>DaS3 DLC boss is an Artorias rehash

Really made me think.
One of them represents the light, and the other represents the dark.
>>
>>379315941
Except the painter loli and her world is long fucking dead by the time we fight Gael.

>b-but bonfire time travel
If we can travel through time why do we need a stinking painting in the first place
>>
>>379315436
Manus is a literal who though.
>>
>>379316217
Wow, every single who uses greatswords is an Artorias rehash! Did you know that Dark Souls invented the greatsword users!
>>
Artorias didn't run on four limbs
Artorias didn't have a repeating crossbow
Artorias didn't have two phases
Artorias didn't spam an AoE attack
Artorias didn't have environmental hazards
Artorias didn't have an XBOX hueg arena
>>
>>379316429
but dude big sword and crazy flips lmao
>>
>>379316329
Since DS3 is a thing, yes, he was just a Pigmy, like the others.
>>
Miyazaki wanted the theme to be that the last two niggas standing aren't gods, but just normal guys who fought through adversity and overcame the shit thrown at them.

In execution, the idea is dog shit retarded. I wanted to fight the primordial serpents, personally.
>>
File: 1440590211532.png (461KB, 7477x8192px) Image search: [Google]
1440590211532.png
461KB, 7477x8192px
>>379316429
>Gael grabs you
>sends you flying through the air for half of the big-ass ash field like it's some kind of anime
Really wish there were other boss fights on such an expansive arenas.
>>
>>379316279
Because the only one who can experience the time-travel thingy is you, Be like Gwyn and fuck everything up just because you are a douche and don't want people to start a new life in a better world.
>>
>>379315527
I agree that he might be idolizing DeS, but from what I recall each fight had something very unique to it. Some might use the term gimmick or trick. But nearly every boss had something that pertained solely to itself.
>>
>>379316429
The only resemblance is his sword flip and the intro scene.
>>
>>379314785
DaS 3 gets criticized alot for it's lack of shame of being do unoriginal that it has no legs to stand up on outside the previous games.
>>
>>379316737
>Because the only one who can experience the time-travel thingy is you
Says who? You're one of thousands of unkindled ash. There is no hint anywhere in the game that you are somehow special.

Everything about Gael and the painting of a new world is total dogshit. It gets introduced virtually out of nowhere, after 3 dark soul games, in the final two DLCs.

It's a fucking asspull is what it is. They didn't know how to finish it so they introduced a plotline out of nowhere and answered fuckall of our questions about the previous games.
>>
>>379315458
I actually really like the boss fight but gael''s phase 2 blade of peril flip into downward smash is like a much faster version of Artorias' patented flip into sword smash.

Both moves are also dodged the same way, to the side and then you get a couple hits in while he recovers.

Gael is MUCH faster however, especially in phase 3 when his combos get additional followup attacks that remove some openings. I think the phase difficulty for gael is 3>1>2, since by the third phase the only guaranteed safe openings are when he's pulling his sword out of the ground or firing the crossbow if you're quick enough to hit his chest and stagger him out of it.

10/10 boss though. Was very fun on ng+2, whereas midir was a chore even with mercury
>>
>>379317110
So, you are trying to negate the Filianore's cutscene and how everyone reacts to you after the time travel, Dark Souls is over, of course someone had to beat Gael, give the pigment to the painting girl and finally end with the DS storyline.
We don't need another DS to explain that one unkindled ash did that shit.
>Everything about Gael and the painting of a new world is total dogshit. It gets introduced virtually out of nowhere, after 3 dark soul games, in the final two DLCs.
Yes, Priscilla and her painted world never existed in the DS lore! What a dogshit concept!
>>
>>379317658
>Priscilla and her painted world never existed
maybe they didn't because dude time is convulted lmao

Seriously though how would painting another world with the dark soul actually fix any of the problems in the existing world?
>>
>the last boss wasn't just called 'The Dark Soul'
>>
>>379318667
It's not about fixing anything you triple nigger. There's too much fuckup, so you gotta escape.
>>
>>379319063
You can't truly escape because the paintaing you're escaping into would eventually also start rotting away, just like painter loli's world.
>>
>>379318921
That sounds boring, I'm picturing it in my mind and all I can see is fighting a massive one of those floating humanity guys
Actually, what the fuck even is a dark soul?
>>
>>379319278
Just like your world is rotting away since it's also a painting.
>>
>>379319308
All humanity, sans yours, gathered up all into one place. It's what the Furtive Pygmy found. Gwyn was light, Pygmy was dark, in the dichotomy that was introduced to the world. So it's the very aspect of Dark all gathered up in one place.

I imagine the fight having no phases, but randomly switching out between humanoid swordman animu flips and bestial slamming around the place. Switches from Artorias to Manus randomly the whole fight.
>>
>>379319548
I've considered paintinception but it just sound horribly dull and nothing is ever really explained about how painted worlds work so you might as well say it was leprechauns that did it
>>
>>379313829
it would, that's why dark souls is my favorite
>>
>>379319308
>>379318921
Now I may be retarded but I would be very happy if everything about Gael was exactly the same except that when you fought him his health bar said The Dark Soul.
>>
>>379319876
>>379319548
But the Dark Souls universe IS an illusory false world, created by Japanese game designers.
>>
>>379306465
https://youtu.be/H8qG4AlK1qk
>>
>>379315781
Gaels story is actually good though

The idea of some random hollow slave knight outlasting everyone with pure force of will alone despite knowing that he's not strong enough to resist the Dark Soul so you can kill him and use his blood as a substitute for the pygmy lords is cool

Then the final battle of the entire series is just two hollows. No gods, no fanservice, just one last Guts reference and a god tier OST
>>
>>379314785
Actually the Corvian Village is really the equivalent for The Hunter's Nightmare.
>take assets from one of the earliest areas of the game, corrode them and have puss coming out of everything to add more detail detail
except with DS3 it was done with the least amount of effort possible, has nothing to do with the story of the actual area, isn't even overhauled that much and the "rot" legitimately looks worse than some textured surfaces in DS2.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0VJgc9UVKuJ
>>
File: frampt the primordial kek.jpg (27KB, 300x321px) Image search: [Google]
frampt the primordial kek.jpg
27KB, 300x321px
>>379316483
DUDE FLIPS LMAO
>>
>>379321121
Holy shit you sound like a faggot and are completely wrong
>>
>>379316217
>There's people who actually believe this
MUH GREATSWORD
>>
>>379316429
gael was supposed to be like guts too
thats why he runs like that
>>
>>379306631
Gael is the orphan of kos with the skin of martyr Logarius thrown over it.
>>
>>379321121
How is the boss fanservice.
>>
>>379321121
>Calls Gael fanservice
>Then calls Gael a literal who

wew lad
>>
>>379321605
I didn't call Gael fanservice but soul of cinder retard
>>
>>379321794
You said the boss was 'literally fanservice to the point of breaking the fourth wall', in those words.
>>
>>379321892
About soul of cinder not gael the who?
>>
>>379316279
The painter loli can't actually die until she's finished the painting, but Gael actually trying to put the dark soul back together by waiting out the timeline normally is especially fucking retarded when he knows what (You) are and as the game points out he is well aware of the fact that he can't really do shit while (You) can. Gael going to the end of the world is a DS2 tier "without really knowing why" decision because the answer to
>well why the fuck did he go through with it anyway?
is
>you're supposed to make your own interpretations that's how dark souls lore works :^)
When all you really need to do to make someone give a flying fuck about the character was to just say why.
>>
>>379322182
Oh okay.

Well then I actually for the most part agree with you.
>>
>>379322730
that's nice
>>
File: 1483493831755.png (124KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1483493831755.png
124KB, 300x333px
>Velka, godess of sin is in this game
>nothing is ever done with her despite her having a fucking shrine as well as refeences through out the three games
>didnt do anything at all with her
All the shit they could of had for final boss and they choose the literally who that you only know about if you buy dlc.
Horshit
>>
>>379320641
None of the shit about 'I was here since Gwyn lol' and 'fighting at the end of time' is actually said in the game. It's just Vaati shit.
>>
>>379306465
fart soul llol
>>
>>379313253
>A literal who
that's the whole point, in every souls game the player is a fucking random who goes on to perform insane feats befitting a mythic figure. Gael is a literal who and goes on to claim the Dark Soul, it's perfectly fair that the last fight of the series is two literal who's fighting for the fate of the next world
>>
>>379323953
>i-it's meant to be bad and feel unfulfilling!
>>
>>379323571
Way of White Corona?
>>
>379324076

(you)
>>
>>379306631
just another 1v1 flippy dippy greatsword guy with magic

nothing special to it
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.