[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I pull the trigger?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1495809835936.png (710KB, 844x594px) Image search: [Google]
1495809835936.png
710KB, 844x594px
Do I pull the trigger?
>>
No
It's a terrible game, the gameplay is boring as hell and suffers from Swayer "balance"
The characters are yawn inducing and the story heavily suggest you to pick a cipher if you want to get even half of the content from it
I dropped it at the druids town and never came back to it, I can't believe people associate BG1-2 with this
>>
>>379297218
Played it for 5 hours and desperately tired to like it like the old baldur's gate games.
And then never touched it again.
>>
File: 1347683152023.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1347683152023.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
It's alright but they seem to take the quantity > quality approach to lore and storytelling. PoE assumes if you have an encyclopedia britannica full of lore it somehow makes up for the fact that it's pretty unengaging. Don't get me wrong there are some neat concepts there but overall its just so fucking dry.

The companions are the worst because they have poor arcs or relations to the protagonist and instead just have walls of contextual lore for personality.

I've heard Tyranny addresses this problem but I dunno. This is coming from someone who is a total New Vegas drone by the way, so I haven't got a thing against Obsidian.
>>
Real time with pause is something that should have never been brought into the modern era. It occupies a really weird slot between slower turn based and real time fast combat, making a lot of encounters feel awkward imo.
>>
>>379297218
>Do I pull the trigger?

Yes, kill yourself for even considering buying this garbage.
>>
>>379297218
why not just pirate it? I did it and ended up dumping a 100~ hours into the game
>>
>>379297218
Don't you mean 'click the mouse'?
>>
>>379297218

No, the game was censored for SJWs.
>>
just pirate it m8
>>
RTwP turns awful if you insist on filling your game with filler combat. PoE shared the same problem ID2 had, in that I got fucking sick and TIRED of slogging through shit. Remember the Aurilite Temple complex? Remember the Drider-filled caverns? Remember the Snake Temple? Remember how BORING it was to slog through those fucking oversized maps chock full of samey combat encounters? OBSIDIAN FORGOT, APPARENTLY.
>>
It's terrible, just replay your favorite old CRPG instead.

Maybe give Underrail a pirate (Always try before you buy) if you haven't yet.
>>
>>379297218
pirate it, dumbass
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.